The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
yeah I agree with what your saying Art...I made some AVB firecrackers for the first time today, and ive been pretty lifted

Purpl3_Haz3,

Canarka

chucku said:
I also like to vape at 210 c. That way I approach max extraction but I also use 5-6 ft of silicone tubing which helps to cool the vapor.

You're vaping at a far too high temperature. Read back through the thread and someone did a test with some probes. Basically, the LCD on the front not really an accurate representation of the temperature.

Let it heat up at 165C for 5 min, then pack an elbow. You'll get more, tastier hits and you can turn the temp upto 185-190 if you want to extract the last bit of CBD/CBN..

I used to vape at those temps but since switching I've gotten higher, longer, for less material.

Canarka,

thedeserttortoise

OK>>>>>Here's a really cheap method to valve your bags on the Extreme... total cost...$4.00 plus tax. This is definitely the way to impress all your friends with the Volcano bags and valve. You'll be the envy of the town..... I mean seriously... don't you just love being a little bit different? .....Tortoise

Edit...sorry...just click the picture...to get the video to start....I'm new at this!

thedeserttortoise,

tireless

danielofski said:
@tireless- do you think the extreme is better than the ion?

They Ion worked really well the two times I was able to use it but to answer your question though.

In a word - Yes

Please bear in mind the Q is my second vap and the first died after two uses but, why do I like the Q and think it's better

1) smaller and less conspicuous (sp)
2) it comes with a whip and bags
3) all the other accessories and extras - love the potpourri bowl, it's awesome and works great between vap sessions
4) the Ion bag with the valve system fit pretty well onto the end of the whip so I don't need to figure out how to attach the bags yet (only loses a little vap when filling) :lol:
5) made in Canada not China - gotta love or "North American" brothers those crafty Canucks
6) has a 3 year warranty as opposed to 2 year on the Ion (currently no way to get service on Ion)
7) have used it 4 times today and it still functions perfectly :D :D :D :D

tireless,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Canarka said:
chucku said:
I also like to vape at 210 c. That way I approach max extraction but I also use 5-6 ft of silicone tubing which helps to cool the vapor.

You're vaping at a far too high temperature. Read back through the thread and someone did a test with some probes. Basically, the LCD on the front not really an accurate representation of the temperature.

Let it heat up at 165C for 5 min, then pack an elbow. You'll get more, tastier hits and you can turn the temp upto 185-190 if you want to extract the last bit of CBD/CBN..

I used to vape at those temps but since switching I've gotten higher, longer, for less material.

My E is v 3 so the temp sensor is closer to the heating elemrnt. It is probably close to 200 c where the air hits the herb.

chucku,

greasewizard

Hey there fellow EQ vapemonkies

i seem to have glossed my balloon bags in weed honey. i know that you can use oven bags, matter of fact i'm using one now. but the problem i have is that the oven bags are noisy has weird added taste (Glad brand name oven bags).

i was thinking, is it possible to acquire a hospital grade steam holder or balloon type of instrument? that is cheap and can be bought freely. or does anyone know where our good friends at Arizer get their bags from?

Thanks for any input

greasewizard,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
greasewizard said:
Hey there fellow EQ vapemonkies

i seem to have glossed my balloon bags in weed honey. i know that you can use oven bags, matter of fact i'm using one now. but the problem i have is that the oven bags are noisy has weird added taste (Glad brand name oven bags).

i was thinking, is it possible to acquire a hospital grade steam holder or balloon type of instrument? that is cheap and can be bought freely. or does anyone know where our good friends at Arizer get their bags from?

Thanks for any input

I would suggest looking on ebay for replacement bags from the manufacturer. If you sort all "extreme q" search results and sort by cheapest first, you'll see plenty of EQ accessories; including bags.

Cheers!

Stu,
I got the Extreme Q a week or two ago and I love it. I've taken it to a few friends' places and while I'm fine with transporting it, I'm sick of the cardboard box. I don't want to just put it in a backpack without any protection, so I've been looking about for a moderately-priced, streamlined flight case.

Are there any cases out there that work well with it?

BroccoliJury,

HUMGUY1

Canarka said:
chucku said:

:):) I couldn't agree more! We received our "Q" yesterday and tested last night and this afternoon (hey, it's Saturdasy!). Vaping at temperatures of 200-degrees or more seems like it is burning the herb. We started at 200 for our first load, using the whip with herb in the cyclone. My wife took one hit and immediately began coughing. I tried and it tasted burnt. One burnt and wasted bowl.

I realize that there are many posts in this thread from people who regularly Vape at 200+. Since the current model is v4.0, is it possible some changes have been made in the unit to account for such wildly different results?

For our 2nd bowl I backed it way down, ending up at 165. That was just the right temperature to allow us do draw full deep vapor hits without feeling like we were burning the herb.

This is the 4th vaporizer we've owned over the past 4 years. Our first (and previously still our favorite) was the Evolution V7. We also owned a Super Vapezilla plus bullet-shaped Vapolution, and have friends with the Volcano.

The "Q" is bay far the quietest, though the Vapolution was virtually silent as well. When you like to Vape while watching a movie, the sound of whirring fans can be a huge distraction...particuarly if the fans are high-pitched (Vapezilla).

The flexibiity of the 'Q' is a huge plus, but it must deliver the goods first, and the 'Q" does it superbly. It's going to be fun experimenting to really fine tune our best setting.

Bravo!

HUMGUY1,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
BroccoliJury said:
I got the Extreme Q a week or two ago and I love it. I've taken it to a few friends' places and while I'm fine with transporting it, I'm sick of the cardboard box. I don't want to just put it in a backpack without any protection, so I've been looking about for a moderately-priced, streamlined flight case.

Are there any cases out there that work well with it?

Thats the question i keep forgetting to ask.

I'd like to find a nice hard case for my Q as well, anyone know of any?

Purpl3_Haz3,

Canarka

chucku said:
Canarka said:
chucku said:

My E is v 3 so the temp sensor is closer to the heating elemrnt. It is probably close to 200 c where the air hits the herb.

I had a V3 before I gave it away to a sick friend and still found that 165-170C was the right spot. A nice blueish vapor. Exactly what we're lookin' for :)

Canarka,
finchrock24 said:
I'm POSITIVE you could find something here that will work out for your and your Q.

http://www.bizrate.com/electronics-cases-bags/case-foam/

The Pelican cases are nice. I use them for video camera's and by removing foam blocs from the inside you can 'custom' mold the case for what you want to carry.
The only "downside" of these cases is the size. Even the smallest would need to be counted as a "checked bag" for flying; "carry on" at the very least.
The "Ideal" would be a case that is compact enough that it could be placed within a larger piece of luggage.

HumboldtGuy1,
Received my V-Q last week. The sweet spot for me is 165. Packing the Elbow seems to work better than loose grind in the Cyclone. When you inhale while using the Whip, herb is drawn from the Cyclone into the Elbow. So why not just use the Elbow exclusively? "Packing" seems to run counter to the "loose loading" guidelines of other vaporizers. However this seems to be what works best with "The Q".

This is my 4th Vaporizer and like it better than any of the others, including two that cost 2x more and are looked at as the Gold Standard for Vaporizers. So the "Q" does as good (I'd seriously say 'Better') than the "reference" vaporizers without the noise of the others.

If I can find a small "travel" case that could fit INSIDE a piece of regular luggage, I'd be set.

Oh, does anyone have a source for longer "whips"? The one that came with my "Q" is about 12-inches shorter than ideal for my "vaping" room and sofa.

Good Vaping!

HumboldtGuy1,

chucku

Charles Urbane
HumboldtGuy1 said:
Received my V-Q last week. The sweet spot for me is 165. Packing the Elbow seems to work better than loose grind in the Cyclone. When you inhale while using the Whip, herb is drawn from the Cyclone into the Elbow. So why not just use the Elbow exclusively? "Packing" seems to run counter to the "loose loading" guidelines of other vaporizers. However this seems to be what works best with "The Q".

This is my 4th Vaporizer and like it better than any of the others, including two that cost 2x more and are looked at as the Gold Standard for Vaporizers. So the "Q" does as good (I'd seriously say 'Better') than the "reference" vaporizers without the noise of the others.

If I can find a small "travel" case that could fit INSIDE a piece of regular luggage, I'd be set.

Oh, does anyone have a source for longer "whips"? The one that came with my "Q" is about 12-inches shorter than ideal for my "vaping" room and sofa.

Good Vaping!

Silicone tubing from US Plastics is a better quality tubing and at 73 cents per foot of 3/8 in od x 1/4 in id costs less. They also offer discounts on orders of 50 ft or more.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=36286&catid=799

chucku,

hereatlast

I'd agree with Chucku. My preference is the Tygon 3350 tubing (in proper specs. of course) offered by USPlastics. Some may consider it overkill because of the price but considering the application better safe than sorry in my eyes. This particular tubing is also much more flexible and more easily manipulated than the stock tubing.

FWIW, while longer tubing is convenient, you'll add a lot more surface area for vapor-condensation to occur as well as cause more lung-power to be used. :2c:

hereatlast,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I think the Q is a great unit, but still find myself concerned/confused by the stock tubing they provide (that is IF they are still using kuriyama K010 tubing). And, I agree that purchasing tubing that can handle more heat than the stock tubing is a worthy investment.

Progress,

photobooth

I agree with all of the above about tubing, I replaced mine with 3/8'' ID silicone tubing.
Only difficulty I ran into was trying to find a site that didn't charge ridiculous shipping fees to ship to Canada.

photobooth,

nr-cole

photobooth said:
I agree with all of the above about tubing, I replaced mine with 3/8'' ID silicone tubing.
Only difficulty I ran into was trying to find a site that didn't charge ridiculous shipping fees to ship to Canada.

How'd that work out? I've got an EQV in the mail. Am I going to want to replace the tubes it comes with?

EDIT: And I'm Canadian.

nr-cole,

hereatlast

I'll echo Progress' 'concern' over the stock tubing provided with the Extreme (again, assuming its the same product they've been using), simply, it does not seem suited for the application at hand IMO.

With that said nr-cole, I think replacing the stock tubing on the Extreme is a 'should' (simply: an upgrade allows easier manipulation of tubing, i.e. flexibility, as well as quells safety concerns over stock tubing) for any owner. :2c:

hereatlast,
Top Bottom