The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
LOCKSTOCK93 said:
The lcd screen on my extreme is becoming an issue...sometimes off, sometimes off almost entirely, other times fine.

I'm...intrigued.
I'd be reporting the details to Arizer. Take advantage of your warranty. These issues usually don't go away.

max,

Eliott

I see we've addressed the issue of putting your whip in the freezer for a cold hit, but having the whip shatter.

What about this:

1- Fill up a bag with the vapor from your favorite strain.
2- Seal the bag (use Press'n'Seal? or find a better way).
3- Leave bag in freezer for a minute or two.
4- Enjoy nice cold potent hit?

What do you think?

Eliott,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I think try it and let us know. Prolly the cold will accelerate the condensing of the vapor onto the sides of the bag taking away from the strength of your hits. Do you really find bag vapor too warm?

DeepFried,
Reactions: TomC1315

gim

LOCKSTOCK93 said:
The lcd screen on my extreme is becoming an issue...sometimes off, sometimes off almost entirely, other times fine.

I'm...intrigued.
I'm sure airizer would cover that under warranty.

gim,

hereatlast

I'm with DeepFried, putting a bag in the freezer would probably speed vapor condensation a lot. If you're really after cooler vapor how bout vaporbonging or a mouthpiece that allows ice?

hereatlast,

LedHendrix

anyone know of a good antiseptic spray for mouthpieces. I remember back in grade school we had something like this to spray our mouth pieces with for band class. Mint flavoured too. Does anyone know what these are really called and where I can find them?

LedHendrix,

AreaFour20

Since the mouth pieces are glass, I find I'm able to wash them. But while group vaping that may not be possible.
ACV (apple cider vinegar) is a great natural aseptic but it will smell like a salad!:lol:

AreaFour20,

Theo

Hey, so I got my EQ in the mail today but the guy forgot the power cord! Is there any quick fix I can do to get it to work in the meantime?

Theo,

gim

Theo: It uses a generic power brick inline with the power cord.
Model: QL-08011-B1903500F
Input: AC100-240V 50/60Hz 15.A
Output: 19V DC 3500mA (Center Positive)

So as long as you get something can do 19V DC at 3500mA you should be good. The center positive bit is important so you don't fry the EQ.

Theo

After doing a quick google search online I can't find an easy to understand website to buy a power supply I need. Know of any good ones?

Thanks again,
-Theo

Theo,

freshjiv

What is this ISO91 you mention to clean gunky screens? I do not see it online. I have tried isopropyl alcohol and rice, and that does get it a little clean, but no where near close to getting all the gunk out. Anything? Its the whip elbow screen, not the volcano bowl screen.

freshjiv,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
get some isopropyl acohol. doesnt matter if its 70 or 91 or 99. put screens in a shot glass. cover with iso. soak. shake. rinse. repeat if necessary

Persona Non Grata,

hereatlast

Yup Kosher Salt and ISO is the best thing I've come across. I had a little jar I kept full of ISO and screens so I could constantly rotate.

hereatlast,

deke

Vapeosaurus
Hey guys, new user here. I've been lurking for awhile though, and this thread factored heavily into the purchase of the Extreme-Q. I picked it up about a week ago.

I don't have anything much to add in the way of innovation - I mostly go with elbow packs, but will occasionally bust out the bag (especially if I want to show it off!) I start around 195 and go up to about 210-215.

Funny story from today. I want to get a little bong or water pipe and make it compatible. Obviously there's lots available online, but I decided to go to my local head shop because they stock the Extreme-Q, and I like to see things firsthand. I should note that this is not some hole-in-the-wall head shop. It's Toronto Hemp Company, and is three storeys tall.

Me: Hi, I own an Extreme-Q vaporizer and I'd like to outfit it with a little bong.

Employee: Well, vaporizers don't really need water filtration. The point is that you burn the THC off the bud, but don't have noxious smoke to inhale. The Volcano's obviously the best, but it's pricey. The price range varies. The Extreme, for instance....

Me: No, no, I already own a vaporizer. It's my third vaporizer. I know all about it. My personal preference would be to use it with a bong, is all. Do you have any adapters or accessories that would make it work?

Employee: The thing about vaporizer accessories is that they're all proprietary. Each manufacturer makes them differently. They aren't really compatible with anything else.

Me: But slides and glass and so on come in some standard sizes. It's definitely doable.

Employee:
No. You'd have to order your glass from the manufacturer of the vaporizer. You can't mix and match too much. I've never even heard of someone using water filtration with a vaporizer.

So I guess my search will resume online. Can someone point me to a page with affordable, compatible mini-bongs? I don't want a big piece or anything, just something to get a little water cooling and filtration. Do I need an adapter if the bong is already 18.9"?

Also, is the food-grade silicon the absolute best tubing available?

Thanks in advance!

deke,

Pappy

shmaporist
I'm sad to report I sold my Extreme Q. :( I'm a victim of karma. As much as I love my EQV I use my Da Buddha 8 out of 10 days or 75% of the time. DBV is like my wife and EQV my mistress. I love them both but I'm a wand man at heart and that is DBV's greatest strength. :2c:

This has no bearing on why I sold, however. I was given an offer I couldn't refuse. I'm getting more than I paid for EQV since I bought it wholesale. I put it up on Amazon when I bought in April, forgot about it, then lo and behold, it sold today! And I need a MFLB because I'm going to NYC for my Birthday... Pappy's gonna be 64!

BTW/Don't bother with this piece of shit... I'm returning!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370402796563#ht_3328wt_871

Pappy,

gim

Deke- I would have just pointed them at this thread and told them they just lost a customer. 18.8 mm is standard and shame on a headshop that doesn't know that.

Hey Pappy, Sorry to hear about the EQ but you gotta do what needs doing..
Can you give us some more details on why the whip is no good?

gim,
Hi all! I'm pretty sure this is my first post. I'm a proud new owner of the EQ. I've had my unit for almost two weeks now and it has been my most enjoyable online purchase ever!

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a buddy of mine who owned a volcano, and I had my first vaping experience and all I could say was...Wow!

After that, I went online and after doing some research, settled on the EQ. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the volcano, however, I liked the versatility and the price of the EQ better. I settled on an online site that I can't remember offhand at the moment, but if anyone is truly interested, I'll look up where I got it from. Placed my order for $249, and two days later I received my EQ! Everything on it works great! I have to thank all the people that purchased the earlier models, because of you guys I think I have an awesome machine!

After much research and experimenting, I'm finding my temp settings to be between 185 C to 210 C. However, as much as I'm liking the high of the higher temp, I'm not liking the residue being left. Mainly because I'm slightly OCD and like to keep my shit clean. So, first question.

1. Does the amount of residue being left relate to any harmful components? ie, am I burning to high? I've been doing all sort of research about temp settings and my only concern is not to get the harmful chemicals, since it seems it would defeat one of the benefits of vaping. None of my remains are black or even close. Dark brown at best, so I don't think I'm vaping too high.

I'm finding that I'm enjoying the bag delivery system more than the whip system. After some reading, I'm thinking of trying the bong/whip delivery system. The one thing I did like about the volcano was the quick release valve on the balloon.

2. Is there any type of valve or quick release type available for the balloon? The glad seal thing seems like it would be good if you want to carry it around or something, but another option would be nice.

Was also wondering what most people did with the remains?

3. Can you revape or resmoke it in a bong or is cooking with it the best option?

That's all I have for now. I just love my EQ. Think it works great, and from what I read, Arizer has great customer service I hope I never have to use. My only complaint is that the blue light at the base has those spaces on the sides, which is totally cosmetic.

So any tips and advice on how to make my vaping experience better is most appreciated. Sorry if this post seems all over the place. Was vaping when I wrote it. Oh, and if one of the mods or somebody with more experience could do a faq, that would be great. 42 pages of reading to try to get info is a bit much lol. :D

SuperSpliff,

Pappy

shmaporist
gim said:
Deke- I would have just pointed them at this thread and told them they just lost a customer. 18.8 mm is standard and shame on a headshop that doesn't know that.

Hey Pappy, Sorry to hear about the EQ but you gotta do what needs doing..
Can you give us some more details on why the whip is no good?
The craftsmanship is atrocious and it doesn't appear safe or sanitary. :uhoh: Think blind people using solder and touch up auto paint. :rolleyes: Asked for my money back. Well see. :o

Pappy,

gim

Pappy said:
The craftsmanship is atrocious and it doesn't appear safe or sanitary. :uhoh: Think blind people using solder and touch up auto paint. :rolleyes: Asked for my money back. Well see. :o
Well, thanks for taking one for the team! :peace:

gim,

Pappy

shmaporist
gim said:
Pappy said:
Well, thanks for taking one for the team! :peace:
You're welcome. How's this for workmanship?
http://skitch.com/michaelweber/dcbyy/img-5046-crop
http://skitch.com/michaelweber/dcy99/img-5040
http://skitch.com/michaelweber/dcbyj/img-5046
http://skitch.com/michaelweber/dcbye/img-5051

Pappy,

hereatlast

Eek that definitely does look shoddy. Seems like a knockoff of the Vaportower whip-set sold on 7th floor.

hereatlast,

Wesley Pipes

wow that whip looks like crap, how can they even sell that lol. Looks like its made in a kindergarten sweatshop and held together with elmers glue.

If I wanted to get a longer whip for the same size as the extreme whats the best place to get it? Not the glass, just the tubing. my old vape had a black rubber hose that didnt curl up i think it was silicone or something though, is that a good hose, and could the standard hose be upgraded to that material?

Wesley Pipes,
Top Bottom