• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Justpassedu

I use my EQ every day. Plugged in 24/7....

And the fan in it finally died. took it apart and blasted it with an air can. Very few particles and one long stem. Not sure if that was the culprit or fan bearings. Probably the fan.
Put it all back together. The display and everything else still functions. So I presume it is a fan-only prob. Was just starting to get into bags again too. :ugh:

I still think a new EQ would be a solid choice for me. Can't think of an all around vape for the $ that has a fan, a remote and a digital display.
Once I have money or if my EQ completely dies I might go with Aromatek.

Thanks for actually reminding me. :D Was trying to work out a prob with the new EQ setup and that solved it.

BTW. Bag-fillers, I get my Vapebags from Puffitup.com. Best US price and fast shipping and an FC member.
:peace:
Sorry to hear that , a fan replacement should be a easy install and most likely under $10. I believe it's a basic pc fan. In the past I have seen users replace there's .

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Sorry to hear that , a fan replacement should be a easy install and most likely under $10. I believe it's a somewhat basic fan. In the past I have seen users replace there's .
that'd be nice if I could pull it off. :nod:
Read a small amount of info on the thread. I'll look into it and see if there is a make or exact make of fan for the unit. Possibly an upgrade of sorts. :hmm: It is attached to a ribbon cable which is plugged into the board. I'll open her up again and get more info.

strictly vapor

Does anyone know if the easy valvle bags for the volcano will work with the Extreme Q? I would love to order some but wanted to ask first before spending the funds. Thanks

Hey I've been doing this for a while and it works great! Grab a "volcano easy valve GonG adapter" from planet vape and insert an elbow screen from the extreme q into the GonG end of the adapter.

Fill the bowl for the q and instead of using the elbow or the new glass system place the GonG end of the adapter into the bowl of the extreme q and attach the bag to the other end of the adapter.

It's a good idea to use a separate dome screen for the GonG adapter because sometimes they compress which means it will slide out when you try and put it back in the elbow. If this happens you can stretch the screen back out using a standard arizer mouthpiece by pressing it against the inside of the screen in a circular motion.

strictly vapor

I own a few vapes and ive tried many. I still say the extreme q is the best starting desktop because of its versatility and it's strong performance. I strongly prefer the extreme q over its competitors in similar price range.

The price of this vaporizer has come down and at the current 179.99 (Canadian) it is great value for money. Going from a flowermate you will surely be taking a big step up!

throwawaytre3s

I own a few vapes and ive tried many. I still say the extreme q is the best starting desktop because of its versatility and it's strong performance. I strongly prefer the extreme q over its competitors in similar price range.

The price of this vaporizer has come down and at the current 179.99 (Canadian) it is great value for money. Going from a flowermate you will surely be taking a big step up!

I agree with this, it is an excellent starting vape. It offers both bags and a whip (although the DDave mod is definitely necessary for the whip to be worthwhile), which means the user can figure out which they prefer, and eventually move on to a better vape that does one or the other great instead of both well.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
So everyone agrees the eq is a great starting vape, and I agree too.....

Its been my first and main vape for nearly a year now since it helped me kick my 17 year, combustion and tobacco addiction......

But what next... been hovering over a cloud EVO for a while now, but is it really much better than my well sorted, @DDave mod eq????

Will I be disappointed???

Vapolution3????

I don't do bags, I don't like my eq through water, but I do like my solo wet....

Is there anywhere (desktop) to go, or should I wait for the arizer eq v5.0???

If there is ever one......

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
It still checks all the boxes for me and my setup. There are other vapes that can specialize on whips or bags or group settings, but this one is always good as a #2 if you are trying out another vape and find something that works.
Like say when I was getting to know my UD. Using the temp control with the EQ helped me hone my skills for vapor production. Plus I have put a lot of glass on top of the unit before.

I sometimes start with a water sesh and squeezing the last bit of vapor out with a bag. Or use the fan to test my airflow for my setup.

DD update
CyPOqUZ.jpg

My DD setup is about using the 45 degree glass adapter end of my gooseneck 2x whip hose as the wand/elbow. (2x of tubing) It heats up as well as my best wands. so why complicate things, If one piece does it all?

The 45 glass adapter is already fixed with my whip hose, so no special wands or whips hose needed. The gooseneck is a wand and extension hose to my 2x glass wand that now sits in my D020-d. Best arch with least parts and fumbling.

So I use the 2x wand (pictured below in my older setup being used as a wand in the EQ) and plug it into my D020-D instead. A D020-D with it's own 7 in extension. Yes I modded my D020-D with a downstem with the stem part broken off and with some silicone hose magic. It is more comfortable angle for me plus I can see the water action a little further back. Much, In the same manner as my water piece below. Works great and has it's 18mm adapter end as the mouthpiece. So I can decide to hook it up to another piece.:nod: Another handy feature. Something I was attempting with the glass warhammer below.
eSZB0Xj.jpg

MoltenTiger

Its been my first and main vape for nearly a year now since it helped me kick my 17 year, combustion and tobacco addiction......

But what next... been hovering over a cloud EVO for a while now, but is it really much better than my well sorted, @DDave mod eq????

Vapolution3????

I don't do bags, I don't like my eq through water, but I do like my solo wet....

I heard there is a new EVO coming out Q4 this year....

Anyhoo, I'd be interested in an informed comparison between a DDaved 'Q and the EVO if anyone can offer one? :)

flman99

Hey I've been doing this for a while and it works great! Grab a "volcano easy valve GonG adapter" from planet vape and insert an elbow screen from the extreme q into the GonG end of the adapter.

Fill the bowl for the q and instead of using the elbow or the new glass system place the GonG end of the adapter into the bowl of the extreme q and attach the bag to the other end of the adapter.

It's a good idea to use a separate dome screen for the GonG adapter because sometimes they compress which means it will slide out when you try and put it back in the elbow. If this happens you can stretch the screen back out using a standard arizer mouthpiece by pressing it against the inside of the screen in a circular motion.

Thanks for the info. I kind of understand what your talking about. I might get a better understanding if I could see step by step pictured instructions. Let me know if you have any pics so I can see how to hook up the volcano bags.

YungLeaner

I heard there is a new EVO coming out Q4 this year....

Anyhoo, I'd be interested in an informed comparison between a DDaved 'Q and the EVO if anyone can offer one? :)
Where'd you hear of new Evo?

I can compare from personal experience. The modded EQ is capable of providing hits close to the EVO experience. One similarity is that strength of inhale actually correlates to size of hit vs most vapes where a faster inhale lowers the heat delivered to the load. The EQ keeps up with you for sure, and I actually think it is more durable and ease of use is perhaps higher.

Given the price difference I think the EQ is a better choice for most people, due to accessory prices. The only real downside to the EQ for me has been the wildly uneven temperature display and the glass parts that get hot. The little baskets require a lot of fine motor function to unpack if you don't have a good little vape tool around and I get "hot spots" on every bowl.

The EVO bowls degrade quickly and unless you're incredibly careful you'll need a new 20$ pack of 4 (plus shipping) within a few months. If you're careful not to drop stuff and fine with the cost of the vape and its parts, it's definitely going to get you higher than pretty much anything else. Medicating, debilitating type of high. I can't really get to that level of high with the EQ because the parts are too difficult and small to handle about 20 mins into my session. Maybe with a few @Ratchett tools and a bunch of elbow screens it would be easier.

I would say that dollar for dollar I would rather have the EQ. And if you were looking for a fancy vape I think the Herbalizer offers something neither vapes do--consistent, exact (adjusted for draw) temp control and instant heat up. The further and further I get from setups that require a table and half a dozen bits and ends lying around, the more I appreciate the Herbalizer.

Probably my least favorite thing about the EQ and the EVO is the amount of time they take to get to real operating temp for waterpipe hits--20 minutes or so for both. The EQ at least is safe to leave on all day, that's a big plus. When I was a freshman in college and sat around stoned all day...heat up time meant nothing. But I don't like it when my vapes have idiosyncrasies that require me to consume in a specific way for a specific amount of time.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Vapolution3????

Hands down Evo kills the Eq. It will get your where you want to be quicker. Huge lung busting hits with ease. I loved my Eq with the ddave mods and I still stand by it and would reccomend it to anybody, it has a great price point and many features but once you try a Evo it is hard to put down . I find it easy to clean and maintaine and have 0 problems with the elbow screens. I keep a rotation of a few and soak in alcohol after every 10 uses or so . Through water it works wonders and also without but it has given me a new appreciation for glass .

YungLeaner

Hands down Evo kills the Eq. It will get your where you want to be quicker. Huge lung busting hits with ease. I loved my Eq with the ddave mods and I still stand by it and would reccomens it to anybody, it has a great price point and many features but once you try a Evo it is hard to put down .
I agree...but for clumsy people like me, or for older medical users, I don't find it ideal. It's almost too good in a weird way. The Evo can fuck your whole day up if you don't restrain yourself, as it is genuinely similar to dabbing with weed. The EQ at maximum function capacity can come close to an Evo hit but the VXL delivers every time. Both awesome vapes.

MoltenTiger

Where'd you hear of new Evo?

I can compare from personal experience. The modded EQ is capable of providing hits close to the EVO experience. One similarity is that strength of inhale actually correlates to size of hit vs most vapes where a faster inhale lowers the heat delivered to the load. The EQ keeps up with you for sure, and I actually think it is more durable and ease of use is perhaps higher.

Given the price difference I think the EQ is a better choice for most people, due to accessory prices. The only real downside to the EQ for me has been the wildly uneven temperature display and the glass parts that get hot. The little baskets require a lot of fine motor function to unpack if you don't have a good little vape tool around and I get "hot spots" on every bowl.

The EVO bowls degrade quickly and unless you're incredibly careful you'll need a new 20$ pack of 4 (plus shipping) within a few months. If you're careful not to drop stuff and fine with the cost of the vape and its parts, it's definitely going to get you higher than pretty much anything else. Medicating, debilitating type of high. I can't really get to that level of high with the EQ because the parts are too difficult and small to handle about 20 mins into my session. Maybe with a few @Ratchett tools and a bunch of elbow screens it would be easier.

I would say that dollar for dollar I would rather have the EQ. And if you were looking for a fancy vape I think the Herbalizer offers something neither vapes do--consistent, exact (adjusted for draw) temp control and instant heat up. The further and further I get from setups that require a table and half a dozen bits and ends lying around, the more I appreciate the Herbalizer.

Probably my least favorite thing about the EQ and the EVO is the amount of time they take to get to real operating temp for waterpipe hits--20 minutes or so for both. The EQ at least is safe to leave on all day, that's a big plus. When I was a freshman in college and sat around stoned all day...heat up time meant nothing. But I don't like it when my vape have idiosyncrasies that require me to consume in a specific way for a specific amount of time.
Not sure of validity, but I read in the EVO thread that a new desktop, and a new portable were due for release at the end of the year.

Thanks for the info, some good insight.

Seems the Herbalizer only comes in 110V, so not an option for me, but it sounds pretty awesome

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@kellya86 @Stevenski Hey guys I'm like kellya86 in this one. I like the EQ dry with just a short silicone whip and the rest of the extension is glass. So I guess my question would be does the Evo with a tall glass mouthpiece perform better than the Eq with a ddave short 18mm adapter?? I find I get really nice flavourful hits with the Eq and whip. Iv been hovering over the Evo for quite sometime now but wasn't sure how much better it was than the setup is have now. I posted pics of my setup on the last few pages :)

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
From what I understand the Evo is a considerably better vape but it is also twice the price. We are not meant to compare vapes in manufacturers threads but if you look at the number of one time EQ owners who purchased an Evo that should be rather telling.

The EQ is a great vape & will certainly get you where you want to go but it is unfair to compare the two. You could try adding one of OGB's 18mm mouthpieces for under $30 & try that before commuting to spending 10 x that amount on a Evo.

14262925420231381899970.jpeg

YungLeaner

From what I understand the Evo is a considerably better vape but it is also twice the price. We are not meant to compare vapes in manufacturers threads but if you look at the number of one time EQ owners who purchased an Evo that should be rather telling.

The EQ is a great vape & will certainly get you where you want to go but it is unfair to compare the two. You could try adding one of OGB's 18mm mouthpieces for under $30 & try that before commuting to spending 10 x that amount on a Evo.

14262925420231381899970.jpeg
Not a bad suggestion. You can also get a m2m and a DHgate hydratube for 30 or so- my favorite way to use the EQ!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Thanks fc'ers, I think I will puchase the direct draw mouthpiece and see how that goes, if there is rumors of a new evo then I will wait....

My eq is very well sorted, I don't get hot spots and can extract a 0.5 load in one even hit....

We are not meant to compare vapes in manufacturers threads

I didn't want to starts a thread and get all the opinions of a load of EVO fans, that I've probably never spoken to...
Where as on the eq thread, I've been speaking to you lot for nearly a year now....

I value your opinions more, which is why I posted here...

I'll hold off on the desktop till something better comes along I think, the EVO seems to be plauged with problems too...

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Not a bad suggestion. You can also get a m2m and a DHgate hydratube for 30 or so- my favorite way to use the EQ!

Maybe combine it with a FC-UFO for a all bases covered for under $80 solution :lol:.

I didn't want to starts a thread and get all the opinions of a load of EVO fans, that I've probably never spoken to...
Where as on the eq thread, I've been speaking to you lot for nearly a year now....

I value your opinions more, which is why I posted here...

I'll hold off on the desktop till something better comes along I think, the EVO seems to be plauged with problems too...

Fair call bro & have seen plenty of "How does the ABC 123 compare against the Evo?" threads get swamped with best case highly forceful opinions. I have always said the EQ needs comparison to it's peers like the DBV or HA & against like priced competition it stands it's ground at absolute worst.

There have been periods when I have run the EQ for 48 hours & the entire @DDave wand is too hot to touch. Biggest headkicking rips of shatter sandwiches @240c I have had. FWIW the universal opinion is the Evo is a more powerful "beastier" vape. If I were you & I am not but if I was I'd buy a nice HGL & VapCap to compliment the EQ.......

Edit: I will also add that warranty issues are a huge concern for me with the sheer cost of freight to the US from AU or EU.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
If I were you & I am not but if I was I'd buy a nice HGL & VapCap to compliment the EQ.......

Ha, well ahead of you on that, already getting a ti woody, vong and dynastash....

And I'm so curious about these logs, been following the hgl thread...

I'm just unsure as to what a log brings to the table that the eq doesn't????

Isn't the eq just like a plastic log???
Stays on all the time, load a wand or stem and go, convection...

Would a log be a waste????

Maybe I'm just looking for ways to waste money and I should hold off....

Just felt like it was new desktop time...

Maybe now. Let's see what the vapcap does for my vas first....

MoltenTiger

Oops didn't mean to derail further into comparisonville.

I thought it would be interesting to compare the modded EQ with the EVO here though, as any other comparison might not consider the extra power offered through mods.

About the only way I'd care to upgrade the EQ would be to minimise hot-spotting (which I could probably do if I adjusted the heater angle).
The EVO sounds good and I'd love to try it, but more power isn't necessarily worth paying for when varied material or a tolerance break can offer the same potential. And there's always Y adapters and using multiple vapes at the same time.

Top Bottom