The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

CannaBanana

So I took apart my eq to make sure that the glass heating cover wasn't cracked as I really never checked on it , and it was very loose and kept Turning itself when attaching an adapter or taking off an adapter. Had to reassemble several times , and when I thought I got it right it just didn't work. So I did the whole take apart process again and saw my screwup. Anyway when I retightened the screws for heating element the glass Cracked...is this normal or did I just do it to tight or? Ive used this for years with no issues until now and just got my newer DDave adapters , which btw are not the same as before by any means, so this all in all sucks. Any input?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So I took apart my eq to make sure that the glass heating cover wasn't cracked as I really never checked on it , and it was very loose and kept Turning itself when attaching an adapter or taking off an adapter. Had to reassemble several times , and when I thought I got it right it just didn't work. So I did the whole take apart process again and saw my screwup. Anyway when I retightened the screws for heating element the glass Cracked...is this normal or did I just do it to tight or? Ive used this for years with no issues until now and just got my newer DDave adapters , which btw are not the same as before by any means, so this all in all sucks. Any input?
The inside is the magic!
The cover is cosmetic.
Make a different cover for it?
Too big anyway!

Reduce it's size.
I love the "Q" however the size is lame. (think smaller)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
elaborate i just ordered a replacement cover.........arizers replacement cover

can i still use it cracked at bottom --- its like an inch of chunk out the bottom side

Sorry to hear you are having problems...

I would not use your eq until your new cover arrives, you don't want to be inhaling glass particles...

For your recored, you did overtighten the 4 screws, it just needs to be nipped up...

As for the new stye @DDave adapter's, I think I prefer the old ones too, the new style does extract more evenly, but I can achieve that with the old adapter and be harder hitting...I'm glad I kept 2 of the old style, I will treasure them....

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sorry to hear you are having problems...

I would not use your eq until your new cover arrives, you don't want to be inhaling glass particles...

For your recored, you did overtighten the 4 screws, it just needs to be nipped up...

As for the new stye @DDave adapter's, I think I prefer the old ones too, the new style does extract more evenly, but I can achieve that with the old adapter and be harder hitting...I'm glad I kept 2 of the old style, I will treasure them....
Thanks @kellya86 !

I will remove my cover and vape!

The "Q" without a cover!

CannaBanana

Help please. I replaced the glass heating element. Everything's assembled properly...but I'm getting a weird smell now .... almost like what a hair dryer would smell like ... kinda like a burning smell and now I'm worried. Turned it on high with fan and it went away slightly but I still smell it what's wrong...

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Help please. I replaced the glass heating element. Everything's assembled properly...but I'm getting a weird smell now .... almost like what a hair dryer would smell like ... kinda like a burning smell and now I'm worried. Turned it on high with fan and it went away slightly but I still smell it what's wrong...

Did you use a new mesh????

If so, you may just me smelling the hot metal smell, it should be gone after a burn off...

CannaBanana

I did use a new mesh...im real confused though ---
in this video the glass cover is put in different than i put mine...the nib is out not backwards when its put in....this the issue? I am just confused...and what exactly is a burn off?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Alright I think I got the hang of all this sort of lol... I wish someone had a few pictures, I am better at learning through visualization. So If I purchase the D020-D9 Water Pipe, do I need a male attachment to attach the hose from the EQ into the Pipe for a tight fit or will it attach to it without the need of anything else? I just don't want to purchase all this and then find out I did something incorrectly. Thanks everyone for all your help with this. I am def a newbie and trying to learn all this new info about Vapes.
Your fine!
The sky is not falling.

I found a 90 degree fitting I ordered for the "Q"!
Water?
It was decades before I discovered how wonderful it can be.

CIVILIZED = MEDICATED

@DDave has a kit I like to make this DEVICE TURBO-CHARGED!

CannaBanana

the lug cannot face out the fan side on my model though...thats actually how i broke the last glass cover by trying that...it works perfect now...but if I retake it back apart and put the lug over the fan theres a chance i could just break it again.....???? this is what im getting frustrated to the point id rather just buy a different vape....

also if the lug is faced OVER that .....it really just moves around ...in other words....the sleeve will move if the lugs faced out like in that video whereas if its the other way -there is a little part that the lug goes in and it stays still.

SO in short----if i think it works fine now and the sleeve stays in its position and doesn't move around should I REALLY risk breaking it disassembling and reassembling this ALLL over again...its driving me cray

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I use my EQ every day. Plugged in 24/7....

And the fan in it finally died. took it apart and blasted it with an air can. Very few particles and one long stem. Not sure if that was the culprit or fan bearings. Probably the fan.
Put it all back together. The display and everything else still functions. So I presume it is a fan-only prob. Was just starting to get into bags again too. :ugh:

I still think a new EQ would be a solid choice for me. Can't think of an all around vape for the $ that has a fan, a remote and a digital display.
Once I have money or if my EQ completely dies I might go with Aromatek.

Thanks for actually reminding me. :D Was trying to work out a prob with the new EQ setup and that solved it.

BTW. Bag-fillers, I get my Vapebags from Puffitup.com. Best US price and fast shipping and an FC member.
:peace:
Fans are cheap at FRY'S.

Your a super smart person.
Figuring out is what you do!

Haven't tried bags yet?
I'm afraid!

JOINT'S so so nice however VAPORIZING as me spoiled.

Today I will modify my "Q"!

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
that'd be nice if I could pull it off. :nod:
Read a small amount of info on the thread. I'll look into it and see if there is a make or exact make of fan for the unit. Possibly an upgrade of sorts. :hmm: It is attached to a ribbon cable which is plugged into the board. I'll open her up again and get more info.
Seems like it could be modified by putting a bigger more powerful fan underneath the EQ. The remote would not work that way, but it would at least be useable with bags.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Fans are cheap at FRY'S.

Your a super smart person.
Figuring out is what you do!

Haven't tried bags yet?
I'm afraid!

JOINT'S so so nice however VAPORIZING as me spoiled.

Today I will modify my "Q"!
Gosh darn it, @ataxian If you are willing to take a hacksaw to your EQ to make it smaller, then with a few screw turns and some research, I should at least try to narrow down the make of fan the EQ uses and come with my own solution. Got the model number of the fan from the video @CannaBanana posted. Then looked online for a match.

Reddit helped me find the make of the fan of one EQ. But reddit is good at misinformation being mouth breathed so be forewarned.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/349e7f/replacing_a_broken_arizer_extreme_q_fan/

Got the spreadsheet for a similar make of fan.
http://www.delta.com.tw/product/cp/dcfans/download/pdf/BFB/BFB40x40x10mm.pdf

Then I took my EQ apart. Two tiny screws and 2 pin plug are what keeps the fan in place. 'M' being the manufacturer of mine instead of 'delta'? same model # db0401b12ua. Here is somebody else's image below that matched mine.

Took out my fan entirety. cut the zip tie and unplugged it from the board. Then I took my can of compressed air and cleaned the fan. Making a point of spraying near the bearings which is probably the problem area and put everything back together. SUCCESS !! The fan now works!! I was so close to buying a fan (or EQ from an FC member) from ebay. But there seems to be no need for now. Hope the info helps those who actually have a dead fan and are seeking a replacemt.

@ataxian Thanks for the much needed prodding. :D Now I'm about to enjoy myself a well deserved bag of delicious vapor. :drool:
You know who makes good PC fans? Noctua. Have 4 of them cooling off my powerhouse PC. BTW If they had one that was the same form factor as the Delta and ran on the same voltage, I'd put one in my EQ in a heartbeat. ASUS made a fan similar to the delta for there mobo's about 10-15 years ago.
I should have taken a pic where the top fan blower opening faces inside the top part of the hardware for those who want to upgrade their fan.that opening is where the air needs to go, if you are seeking a workaround solution.

BTW, never give in to the impulse of overtighneng screw threads. Just enough to do the job. I will follow my own advice if I ever replace the heater core.
DbxhSZs.jpg

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

so all eq's differ in how theyre made? and the way mines setup may differ from someone elses?
The EQ is always being upgraded. They changed the color back to midnight blue as a more dramatic change. The internals are upgraded often enough for some users to buy this years model. I've had mine less than 2 yrs. Not sure the story about the make of fan with the same serial #. It does have to fit in a small space. But could very well be a pc fan. :hmm: The internals are connected to a pcb board. So that seemed like a simple way of keeping costs down. Instead of say designing a special fan. I came very close to buying a Delta from ebay that was probably in a motherboard.

AEQfan

Hey everyone. I recall reading somewhere in this thread months ago, that there is another cyclone bowl I can buy that allows an even heat transfer throughout the whole bowl, unlike the OEM one where the edges of the bowl does not vape properly due to the way the bowl is shaped. Can someone post a link of where I can order one? I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to go through 400+ pages again to look for it. Thanks in advance!

CuckFumbustion

Hey everyone. I recall reading somewhere in this thread months ago, that there is another cyclone bowl I can buy that allows an even heat transfer throughout the whole bowl, unlike the OEM one where the edges of the bowl does not vape properly due to the way the bowl is shaped. Can someone post a link of where I can order one? I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to go through 400+ pages again to look for it. Thanks in advance!
click on Legit @DDave Mod kit in my sig .It will take to his ebay page.

Path of least resistance here. buy one of the kits from @DDave himself off his ebay page.

The full kit is here -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/122073305036 what I have.(minus a few that I was clumsy with. :lol:) Best bang for your buck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122073306794 18mm only. the basic lit. minus the 14mm bowl and wand.

click on any other links in my sig for more info.

AEQfan

click on Legit @DDave Mod kit in my sig .It will take to his ebay page.

Path of least resistance here. buy one of the kits from @DDave himself off his ebay page.

The full kit is here -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/122073305036 what I have.(minus a few that I was clumsy with. :lol:) Best bang for your buck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122073306794 18mm only. the basic lit. minus the 14mm bowl and wand.

click on any other links in my sig for more info.

You're the man! Thank you sir!

I'm assuming this is what I'm looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122073292586

CuckFumbustion

You're the man! Thank you sir!

I'm assuming this is what I'm looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122073292586
That depends. What did you have in mind for bowl. That is the basic bowl and screens, no wand or whip hose.

You might want the wand and silicone whip hose kit I mentioned earlier. It is better than OEM also.

I like the 14mm bowl and basket screens that comes with the full kit for a different flavor profile.

AEQfan

That depends. What did you have in mind for bowl. That is the basic bowl and screens, no wand or whip hose.

You might want the wand and silicone whip hose kit I mentioned earlier. It is better than OEM also.

I like the 14mm bowl and basket screens that comes with the full kit for a different flavor profile.

I already have a silicone whip I bought separately. Excuse my noob question, but what's the purpose of the wand? Basically, my want for a new cyclone bowl is so I don't have to keep stirring it to get all the flower vaped. Even with stirring, when I dump it, I can still see some green due to the heat not being evenly transferred. The issue with the OEM cyclone bowl is the little ledge where the screen sits, also prevents the heat from passing it, thus getting unvaped flower on the edges of the bowl.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Gosh darn it, @ataxian If you are willing to take a hacksaw to your EQ to make it smaller, then with a few screw turns and some research, I should at least try to narrow down the make of fan the EQ uses and come with my own solution. Got the model number of the fan from the video @CannaBanana posted. Then looked online for a match.

Reddit helped me find the make of the fan of one EQ. But reddit is good at misinformation being mouth breathed so be forewarned.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/349e7f/replacing_a_broken_arizer_extreme_q_fan/

Got the spreadsheet for a similar make of fan.
http://www.delta.com.tw/product/cp/dcfans/download/pdf/BFB/BFB40x40x10mm.pdf

Then I took my EQ apart. Two tiny screws and 2 pin plug are what keeps the fan in place. 'M' being the manufacturer of mine instead of 'delta'? same model # db0401b12ua. Here is somebody else's image below that matched mine.

Took out my fan entirety. cut the zip tie and unplugged it from the board. Then I took my can of compressed air and cleaned the fan. Making a point of spraying near the bearings which is probably the problem area and put everything back together. SUCCESS !! The fan now works!! I was so close to buying a fan (or EQ from an FC member) from ebay. But there seems to be no need for now. Hope the info helps those who actually have a dead fan and are seeking a replacemt.

@ataxian Thanks for the much needed prodding. :D Now I'm about to enjoy myself a well deserved bag of delicious vapor. :drool:
You know who makes good PC fans? Noctua. Have 4 of them cooling off my powerhouse PC. BTW If they had one that was the same form factor as the Delta and ran on the same voltage, I'd put one in my EQ in a heartbeat. ASUS made a fan similar to the delta for there mobo's about 10-15 years ago.
I should have taken a pic where the top fan blower opening faces inside the top part of the hardware for those who want to upgrade their fan.that opening is where the air needs to go, if you are seeking a workaround solution.

BTW, never give in to the impulse of overtighneng screw threads. Just enough to do the job. I will follow my own advice if I ever replace the heater core.
DbxhSZs.jpg
You can use a better fan as well!

I have my @DDave kit parts ready.

Thank you for encouraging me to go for it!

"Q" = CIVILIZED

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Gosh darn it, @ataxian

Then I took my EQ apart.

DbxhSZs.jpg

I have actually done the same procedure several times over the last five years that I have had the EQ.
ABV falls down and clogs the fan blades. It will slow the fan down first, but eventually will stop the fan from turning at all. After blowing the ABV out of the fan, it has always started working again.
It is obviously some kind of computer fan, but looks to be very specialized and rare, never seen another one just like it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think the 'Q would be easy enough to fashion into a wooden log vape.
I've always wanted to do this, turning the EQ upside down (despite its massive size) causes plastic fumes. But if you're careful it works amazingly.
If the heating element/air path were properly isolated, it would be the ultimate home vape.
How do you live forever?

Wood is cool to have 700 years ago however are their better materials? (today)

@Dr. Soxhlet can I get a fan from FRY'S that will work?

MoltenTiger

How do you live forever?

Wood is cool to have 700 years ago however are their better materials? (today)

@Dr. Soxhlet can I get a fan from FRY'S that will work?
Do we have a choice?

Wood is good, its properties are well suited for a vaporizer. Much better than plastic or silicone.

I believe somewhere in this thread (turns out just above!) is the part no# for the fan. It's just a simple laptop fan though, so any 12v fan of the same style will work, depending on the connection.

Top Bottom