The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@paz01492 I would suggest keeping the following supplied ready to hand & it will make your EQ life a lot more comfortable without resorting to blazing.

A @DDave kit if you have not already ordered one is the best investment you can make in your EQ. In addition to the DDave kit I suggest having on hand at least 2 Arizer elbow pieces, 2 x cyclone bowls, 4" of silicone whip & at least 4-6 spare elbow baskets. If you have more bits n bobs around great but I would also suggest having a portable vape handy as well so you are covered for any eventuality. Arizer happen to make a couple of bulletproof portables that are also well priced :2c:.

@CuckFumbustion that medicine bottle reminds me of the first 2nd chamber I ever saw in 1993 :rockon:. A home made device hooked up to a sambucca bottle bong. Pretty sure it used dodgy rubber hoses & a pen barrel stem if I remember right. Better than a brass cone in a garden hose stem. @Nugg would remember those kind of billys well I bet :). I love the 14mm Nugg it is very similar to how mine is. That would fucking rip with a little shotty.

My tolerance has been through the roof but the most I have managed to do in the last 2 hours is eat a hamburger off that tiny bit of hash :tup:. I have plenty of assorted actives to pick from, a preheated EQ & a clean water tool. Only problem is I still feel fucked off my nut :whoa:

I heartily encourage every EQ owner to experiment with their units & just do it anyway you feel will work. You never know if you will come up with the next mod for the EQ & believe me 1/2 the fun is the trying :science:.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@CuckFumbustion that medicine bottle reminds me of the first 2nd chamber I ever saw in 1993 :rockon:. A home made device hooked up to a sambucca bottle bong. Pretty sure it used dodgy rubber hoses & a pen barrel stem if I remember right. Better than a brass cone in a garden hose stem. @Nugg would remember those kind of billys well I bet :). I love the 14mm Nugg it is very similar to how mine is. That would fucking rip with a little shotty.
The sambuka bottle already has two holes right? Never underestimate bong making ingenuity.
Except the bungee and the rubber cork, its all glass or silicone hose. But the dodgy ones never really went away. From pole to pole, dodgy bongs and bowls. And since my own combustion bong tech never left. :myday:I used to use rubber bands instead of silicone hose. I figure. Oh, I am looking for a silicone cork with a wider I.D. that I like.
Already have some other glass jar candidates. With science in mind. Did I mention that I'm getting some sort of reclaim from the bird bong?

There is a used place that sells a ton of kitchenware and small antique glass like that jar. Got the toothpaste holder there too. It's my favorite head shop at the moment and we have 5 legit head shops in our town. :lol: Got a few jars that were nearly 18mm too. Thick antique glass. Vases that look like hookahs. Even found a glass you put water in to place in the freezer for cold drinks later. What do you think I have in mind? :brow: @Nugg? Now imagine that with my dream FC.:chill:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Nah it was a big 700ml Galliano bottle with a small hole tapped through the side where the bottom of the label is. We used to use a small drill bit to chip a hole in a glass bottle & you could get fancy with a grommet & stem :lol:. I was rather skilled at making VB bongs where you get a carton of beer & drink your way through it. By the time you have had a few beers you can make a bong & I found you could make one in under 3 minutes but you may break a few bottles in the process. After a dozen you need a few cones & so on :freak:

Photo0032Medium.jpg

this_guy_griff

thanks but isn't the extreme in the second link an older version and not related to the extreme q? i could be massively wrong.

@this_guy_griff
Production Versions

The Extreme Q is the latest tabletop model released by Arizer. It has an improved, quieter fan, "midnight chrome" finish, three heat sensors, reinforced internals, and 50% more energy efficient, and THREE year warranty.
thanks. i understand the extreme q is the current model but, for example, playstation's have identical systems with a different model name, where not significant is really changed, but is just slightly newer. it is my thinking that this could possible span to other things as well and therefore, perhaps the extreme q has slightly updated inner components then my roommates model (which could be around 2+ years old).

What @AhBeVapin mentioned will help you with what heating cover you have. Which is the biggest distinction. I could be wrong but I believe there is no correlation between the serial number and the age. Please correct me anybody who knows. Or any other details to determine an EQ's age. @kellya86 thanks for that bit of info.
EDIT: i completely missed this response originally. but that would possibly makes the most sense. perhaps they dont change anything with a model at all until a new current verision seeing how there is a massive different in company size to the comparison i previously made to tv and such.

everything works perfectly. since i wanted it anyway, its kinda kismet that he has one hes not using anymore. again, just more curious about it then anything. i like to know how old/how far behind it is in the current company setup/standards. i tend to do this with everything i buy thats is electronic (tvs, game systems, etc)).

im looking forward to learning about this guy and modding it to my personal preferences.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have a Extreme v4.0 that I purchased in Jan 2013. This same EQ is running through the stock system tonight with a big ball of hash in the cyclone bowl at 245c. It is 12.15am & I cannot feel my face properly but I can assure you if the EQ works you have a winner on your hands.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
This thread is moving quick today...

@this_guy_griff , the eq has remained almost the same since its evolution from the v tower.

We are currently on v4.0...

The max temp is a way to check what version you have...

I have a nice blob of bho an reclaim oil at home, after reading today's post's I'm very tempted to consume, but I will hold off in anticipation of my new d020 d, which, apparently, I can use to try proper dabbing...

Very exited now, the bho is out of this world when I cotton it. What's it gonna be like at the right temps?

stressed

i just bought a - zeus iceborn - ! it's a neat little device (i know you diy guys will laugh at it) that has the vapor go over ice to cool down the hits. it supposedly works with many vapes..."
Basically, the Iceborn can work with any unit that is capable of having a whip attached to its mouthpiece."

here's a good review of it. there isn't much on google as this is pretty new to the market.
http://vapesterdam.com/review/zeus-iceborn-review/

this link has a video of how to use it.
http://torontovaporizer.ca/zeus-accessory/zeus-iceborn.html

i tried the bong with water and ice but i'm not into bongs anymore. did you ever think of what an unnatural thing it is to do when you take a big hit off a bong? i can't think of anything else we do that has us inhaling with such resistance. anyway, things i ponder whilst high... :)

even though i only use the bag and very good quality store bought weed i still find myself coughing with every hit sometimes. it's annoying that the same genetic will make me cough one day and not so much the next. i'm hoping this thing will help get rid of the cough. i'm a bit of a lightweight with tokes as my lungs are old and have had a lot of fun but i breath fine so far
(god help me), knock on wood. i'm looking forward to using the whip too just for old times sake.

i like nice mellow hits. this thing will not allow you to take massive hits but i'm cool with that as i like moderate hits these days.

i'll let you guys know if it's a gimmick or the real deal.

i was reading that some of you guys put hash onto cotton balls. i can buy shatter, oil and wax. which would you recommend i get to put on a cotton ball (is that how it's done??). i was going to buy a vape pen but i don't like doing too much hash as it messes with my tolerance, so if i can vape it in my EQ, i won't buy a pen.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wow, I didn't know this thread was filled with such cool mods. Very intriguing, viva la @DDave mod kits. Going to watch this thread, I've been so close to purchasing an EQ before, this could seal the deal!
@SSVUN~YAH I bought a "Q" to try when "vas" arises.

You know water is something very fascinating to me causing me to get "GAS" which I have real bad.

As much experience I think I have I couldn't make the Q work without the @DDave MOD.

I mess around with different VAPORIZER'S and I think for super inexpensive the "Q" is a nice unit.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
That Zeus Iceborn looks neat but a bit expensive to get to Australia. If I was Canadian I would get one as it looks like a pretty cool compliment to a whip vape. It would sit very nicely next to my EQ on a coffee table & with a whip I could recliner vape with ease. If it is well insulated enough to stay cold for 3-4 hours if the room was 30 degrees that would be brilliant.

I did score some glycerin filled metal ice cubes at work the other day & they are in the freezer now. It is 10.45am & I have nothing better to do today than bludge around the house & get in a suitable state. Sounds like it is hot water, ice bongs of vaped hash Saturday for me.

@stressed I tend to make weed sandwiches with concentrates in my EQ. I have tried cotton balls & may do so again this afternoon but that involves a trip to the supermarket & I have been negotiating with myself to make a cup of coffee while typing this post & vaping a stem or two :lol:.

@SSVUN~YAH I hope you do purchase an EQ & join the family :peace:.

bkpnsux

Hey guys, I just ordered one of these:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-...se-perc-water/246522526.html#cart_view-1-null

D020%20bubbler%20hand%20blown%20glass%20vase%20perc%20water%20percolator%20smoking%20color%20pipe%20two%20functions.jpg

I noticed it's a bit different design up near the neck. Anyone have this one and had any issues? I just search D020 on DHGate and this one came up and was a good price ($20, free shipping!). It's an 18mm unit so it should work fine I hope. I should have it by Feb 15th. Looking for any feedback from anyone that has the same unit.

Thanks!

Nugg

@SSVUN~YAH *I'm chanting* One of us, one of us, one of us

The EQ is a fantatic vape.

I just fired my EQ up for a day of service. Got lawns to mow and other shitty yard work to do. I work on million dollar homes and yards but dont have any money to spend on my garden. Go figure.

My lunch time treat will be a heap of vapcap reclaim. Dip a cue tip in iso then clean the condenser of the vapcap. Dry the cue tip and vape in the EQ at 240c :whoa:

Edit: A video of that vapcap reclaim in the EQ.

CuBFdMj.jpg

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@bkpnsux let us know how it goes. I am very tempted to order a one as backup piece as it is pretty damm cheap & may be a better mate volume wise for for my Air.

@Nugg you earnt your reclaim session in the garage & I am a fan of that piece.

@this_guy_griff if it is a couple years old offer him $30 or $40 & order a 18mm DDave kit to go with it. You cannot go wrong for that little money.

this_guy_griff

@this_guy_griff if it is a couple years old offer him $30 or $40 & order a 18mm DDave kit to go with it. You cannot go wrong for that little money.
i dont think he will go for that little of money lol couple years or not, i feel he wants a little less the half of original price. but i can get it locally, on sale, at 179.99 right now.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
i dont think he will go for that little of money lol couple years or not, i feel he wants a little less the half of original price. but i can get it locally, on sale, at 179.99 right now.

Sorry I thought you meant he wanted $20 for the unit with this post

now to see how much he wants for it. he said 20 but even i couldn't take it for that little.

Thats why I said offer him $30 or $40. What was the original price? If he has looked after it offer him $80. Remember he wants to sell the unit & you have multiple options to purchase elsewhere. Don't be a cunt about it but make sure you get a decent deal :tup:.

stressed

That Zeus Iceborn looks neat but a bit expensive to get to Australia. If I was Canadian I would get one as it looks like a pretty cool compliment to a whip vape. It would sit very nicely next to my EQ on a coffee table & with a whip I could recliner vape with ease. If it is well insulated enough to stay cold for 3-4 hours if the room was 30 degrees that would be brilliant.

I did score some glycerin filled metal ice cubes at work the other day & they are in the freezer now. It is 10.45am & I have nothing better to do today than bludge around the house & get in a suitable state. Sounds like it is hot water, ice bongs of vaped hash Saturday for me.

@stressed I tend to make weed sandwiches with concentrates in my EQ. I have tried cotton balls & may do so again this afternoon but that involves a trip to the supermarket & I have been negotiating with myself to make a cup of coffee while typing this post & vaping a stem or two :lol:.

@SSVUN~YAH I hope you do purchase an EQ & join the family :peace:.
yeah a weed sandwich is pretty much how i've done it before. but i'd really like to just try the hash without the flower. i bought some cotton balls and i'll give it a try next trip to the pot store.

i had a doctors appointment yesterday. long story short, i got high and cancelled the appt. :)

this_guy_griff

Thats why I said offer him $30 or $40. What was the original price? If he has looked after it offer him $80. Remember he wants to sell the unit & you have multiple options to purchase elsewhere. Don't be a cunt about it but make sure you get a decent deal :tup:.
well after he said 20, he kinda realized that it was too low:(. i think id go as high as 80.
his original price i dont know but i wouldn't be surprised if he overpaid. hes very much an impulse buyer, no research. he has a snoop dogg g-pen for example:doh:. the condition is fairly decent once i wipe it down, clean the glass part and such. i dont think its been used all too much.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@SSVUN~YAH *I'm chanting* One of us, one of us, one of us

The EQ is a fantatic vape.

I just fired my EQ up for a day of service. Got lawns to mow and other shitty yard work to do. I work on million dollar homes and yards but dont have any money to spend on my garden. Go figure.

My lunch time treat will be a heap of vapcap reclaim. Dip a cue tip in iso then clean the condenser of the vapcap. Dry the cue tip and vape in the EQ at 240c :whoa:

Edit: A video of that vapcap reclaim in the EQ.

CuBFdMj.jpg
Weird?
The "Q" is cheap and works better than people realize?

I get it now!

Big BELT BUCKLE & LIFT KIT ON YOUR 4x4 in the CITY + epensive
VAPORIZER = matches mentality!

@Nugg is that waterpipe D022?

I use it all the time!

Last edited:
Top Bottom