The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

throwawaytre3s

2nhUAiVh.jpg
Loving my EQ with my DDave mod and vaporbags. Looking good at 210°C!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have 4 different whip lengths (bong, bubbler, DD whip & bags) & made a not so shocking discovery last night. It all started with the centuries old question, I wonder what will happen if I put that in my mouth?

I was changing my whip hose & decided to see what would happen if I picked up the EQ much like you would a HA 2.2 & rather than use a whip start sucking on the connection as after all it is an EQ whip mouthpiece. :o :whoa: :o :ko: You could say it went quite well indeed. I will say that if you do so I suggest the following

Have the EQ at 190c+, 18mm DDave shorty & an elbow pack

If you do it right it should thwack you good n proper like & fuck you up. A word of warning if you are afraid of ridiculously rich vapour there are other options for you but those who enjoy a little something different knock yourself out & I mean that in the most literal of terms :evil:.

CXXTmZbl.jpg

bonejure

Hi ... I'm the noob in here. It looks like its going to be fun.....

I've had an Extreme Q for a short time . I've enjoyed it but I notice that it uses alot more mj than my Arizer Air for the same effect. The flavour of the vape is less concentrated than the portable in my opinion. I'd appreciate it if you could share your vaping experiences with the efficiency and tast of an Arizer Air vs an Extreme Q. I wonder if home vapes less efficient than portables generally ? Food for thought.....

Stevenski and other new forum homies... there is no intention of hijacking this thread on my part....I just want to say hi.

all the best.....:leaf:

I have a quick fix to share for an Arizer Air. Mine was acting up recently - it was shutting off before I could get anything going - 30 seconds or less. It repeated the same cycle till I gave up out of frustration. I checked out a forum a few days ago (lost the name after I cleaned up my cookies).... but I thought I should share this fix with all of you. It really works. This is not mentioned in the owner's manual http://www.swissvaporizer.ch/media/...izer/Arizer_Air/user-manual-arizer-air_v1.pdf

To fix this the problem of it shutting off repeatedly just take the battery out of the unit, then plug in the charger and plug it into the unit to start it charging. Mine flashed the red led and then pressed the button as I was turning it on and it flashed red and then I unplugged it. It works fine now.

I believe what happened to mine was the cycle got out of whack. I use a timer with my chargers in case there is a mistake in one or the others. I didn't check the cycle of the timer and it was at the end of a cycle which couldn't be modified - so it went on and off quickly. I think that this threw the indicators out of whack. The fix I followed worked for me. I read on that forum that several others had success and only one person had a defective unit. I hope this helps.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Hi ... I'm the noob in here. It looks like its going to be fun.....

I've had an Extreme Q for a short time . I've enjoyed it but I notice that it uses alot more mj than my Arizer Air for the same effect. The flavour of the vape is less concentrated than the portable in my opinion. I'd appreciate it if you could share your vaping experiences with the efficiency and tast of an Arizer Air vs an Extreme Q. I wonder if home vapes less efficient than portables generally ? Food for thought.....

Stevenski and other new forum homies... there is no intention of hijacking this thread on my part....I just want to say hi.

all the best.....:leaf:

Bonjour bonejure, we are all friends here so feel free to vape a bowl & just chill :wave:. Lucky for you I happen to own both an EQ & an Air & I love them both for their own unique qualities. I can afford whatever vapes I want within reason & there have only been three or four desktop vapes that have tempted me since I got the EQ 3 years ago. I have not been able to rationalize buying a replacement as anything I like is two or three times the price of an EQ.

What vape gives me better efficiency out of my EQ & Air? I think that depends on how you measure efficiency really. To me the EQ is many, many times more efficient than the Air due to the power of the convection engine over a battery limited conduction engine.

Say I get .1g & load it in the Air. With that .1g I will get 3-4 bubbler rips on red or a good 10 minute session on white & green. Now if that is my first vape of the day I will be pretty mellow for an hour or two.

If I put that same .1 in my EQ & have it on say 210c I will get 1-2 big dragon hits & maybe one piss weak one if am unlucky. One method takes 90 seconds to extract all the goodness from that .1 & the other method takes 10 minutes to deliver that .1g of goodness. You are still getting the same amount of actives though.

Many times lately I have been overindulging with the EQ simply because I did not feel satisfied. I can rip .5 in well under 10 minutes through my EQ & only feel slightly more satisfied than a .1 through my Air. I am however much more impaired shall we say :lol:.

The best solution for me is to use the Air as a low temp (white & green) sipper & bubbler ripper on red. This is good for midweek evenings when I need to be able to drive the next morning. The EQ I try & keep for weekends as it makes me greedy.

Actually a good compromise for me is the bubbler with the Air as it delivers clouds that satisfy. That said they do not compare to the might of a cranked up EQ that has been warming for a couple of hours.

It has taken me two stems & the better part of an hour to draft this post so you can see how inefficient the Air can be. However I have a nice big nug to grind & a EQ that has been patiently warming for a couple of hours.

bonejure

Bonjour bonejure, we are all friends here so feel free to vape a bowl & just chill :wave:. Lucky for you I happen to own both an EQ & an Air & I love them both for their own unique qualities. I can afford whatever vapes I want within reason & there have only been three or four desktop vapes that have tempted me since I got the EQ 3 years ago. I have not been able to rationalize buying a replacement as anything I like is two or three times the price of an EQ.

What vape gives me better efficiency out of my EQ & Air? I think that depends on how you measure efficiency really. To me the EQ is many, many times more efficient than the Air due to the power of the convection engine over a battery limited conduction engine.

Say I get .1g & load it in the Air. With that .1g I will get 3-4 bubbler rips on red or a good 10 minute session on white & green. Now if that is my first vape of the day I will be pretty mellow for an hour or two.

If I put that same .1 in my EQ & have it on say 210c I will get 1-2 big dragon hits & maybe one piss weak one if am unlucky. One method takes 90 seconds to extract all the goodness from that .1 & the other method takes 10 minutes to deliver that .1g of goodness. You are still getting the same amount of actives though.

Many times lately I have been overindulging with the EQ simply because I did not feel satisfied. I can rip .5 in well under 10 minutes through my EQ & only feel slightly more satisfied than a .1 through my Air. I am however much more impaired shall we say :lol:.

The best solution for me is to use the Air as a low temp (white & green) sipper & bubbler ripper on red. This is good for midweek evenings when I need to be able to drive the next morning. The EQ I try & keep for weekends as it makes me greedy.

Actually a good compromise for me is the bubbler with the Air as it delivers clouds that satisfy. That said they do not compare to the might of a cranked up EQ that has been warming for a couple of hours.

It has taken me two stems & the better part of an hour to draft this post so you can see how inefficient the Air can be. However I have a nice big nug to grind & a EQ that has been patiently warming for a couple of hours.

Thanks for the insights :tup:

Interesting how two people with identical devices interact with them in a completely unique way. There's no right or wrong - just plain personal preferences.

I was one finger pecking for most of my 1st posts with the Air in my other mitt - ripping on some nice bud. I love the low temp flavours the most. We're on the same page - but look at things through different needs and expectations probably. I've got an overly sensitive taste palate and I go for concentrated flavours.

I think that this mod might be the answer to the Extreme Q's problem for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DDave-M...560359?hash=item1c5b29f3e7:g:gcAAAOSwt6ZWVNPP

I think that the bowl of the Extreme Q is too large for my purposes. The screen just floats and doesn't seem seated... the mj leaks through the edges frequently. It's a large floating mass of ground weed but in a way the hot air partially roasts it - or overcooks it. I would much prefer a bowl that isn't made for loose and copious amounts. Vapour is generated via steam but it gets cooled off if it filters through other particles. I really believe that the smoke gathers more flavour by going around the other grains in a more compact bowl. The vape is hotter for sure but I get mega concentrated hits when I pack the bowl right.....

I think the answer is finding a bowl that is like the Air or slightly larger - but an all-glass bowl with no metal screen.... I hate metal contact arrrrr rrgh !

time to vape up some gsc mmmmmmm

I'll be back a bit later :worms:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the insights :tup:

Interesting how two people with identical devices interact with them in a completely unique way. There's no right or wrong - just plain personal preferences.

I was one finger pecking for most of my 1st posts with the Air in my other mitt - ripping on some nice bud. I love the low temp flavours the most. We're on the same page - but look at things through different needs and expectations probably. I've got an overly sensitive taste palate and I go for concentrated flavours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DDave-M...560359?hash=item1c5b29f3e7:g:gcAAAOSwt6ZWVNPP

I think that the bowl of the Extreme Q is too large for my purposes. The screen just floats and doesn't seem seated... the mj leaks through the edges frequently. It's a large floating mass of ground weed but in a way the hot air partially roasts it - or overcooks it. I would much prefer a bowl that isn't made for loose and copious amounts. Vapour is generated via steam but it gets cooled off if it filters through other particles. I really believe that the smoke gathers more flavour by going around the other grains in a more compact bowl. The vape is hotter for sure but I get mega concentrated hits when I pack the bowl right.....

I think the answer is finding a bowl that is like the Air or slightly larger - but an all-glass bowl with no metal screen.... I hate metal contact arrrrr rrgh !

time to vape up some gsc mmmmmmm

@bonejure

Welcome to FC.

Your post touches on some of the issues addressed by the mod you also reference. Lack of efficiency and that wobbly screen of the cyclone bowl.

There's more to the mod and you've come to the right place to discover this.

Look forward to your input and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Dammit @DDave you beat me too it...

Better you than me I suppose...

Do timezones mean nothing to you,,, how are you always available when a eq owner needs you,, your like a superhero...

I massively endorse the ddave kit @bonejure , the kit is very well thought out and opens up many possibilities with the eq..

With the kit I can do anything from microdosing tiny amounts to hitting a basket in a single extraction, to loading the adapter and having a lengthy hard hitting session. Or load a different adapter and have a taste session...

I love the eq an ddave mod so much iv bought 2 eq's and multiple kits and spares from ddave, he is incredibly nice and helpful... I suggest you have a word with him, he will transform your eq...

@Stevenski love the pillow...not sure about direct hitting the eq.. wasn't it hot???

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Do timezones mean nothing to you,,, how are you always available when a eq owner needs you,, your like a superhero...
Thanks man! Here when I can be and when I am, happy to chip in...

Better you than me I suppose...

I massively endorse the ddave kit @bonejure , the kit is very well thought out and opens up many possibilities with the eq..

With the kit I can do anything from microdosing tiny amounts to hitting a basket in a single extraction, to loading the adapter and having a lengthy hard hitting session. Or load a different adapter and have a taste session...
I may have to disagree with the 'better' statement there. You just did a pretty awesome job summing up more of the things that the kit addresses with far less words than I would have used. :clap:

I am about to conduct a 14mm experiment guys. Stay tuned but I will need to try a few baskets to see the consistency :science:
I am looking forward to seeing what's up!

(it's late... need to catch up again in the morning... unless someone needs help with an EQ.... then I need to find a phone booth and take off these glasses...:brow:)

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

I think that the bowl of the Extreme Q is too large for my purposes. The screen just floats and doesn't seem seated... the mj leaks through the edges frequently. It's a large floating mass of ground weed but in a way the hot air partially roasts it - or overcooks it. I would much prefer a bowl that isn't made for loose and copious amounts.

You have found the perfect solution & I will share the results of my 14mm testing below. Getting the DDave kit in a 14mm size will be like supercharging your EQ for what you want it with.

@Stevenski love the pillow...not sure about direct hitting the eq.. wasn't it hot???

No, not at all at 200c :tup:. YMMV but I am thinking it may be how the rest of my evening will be spent vaping.

I am looking forward to seeing what's up!

(it's late... need to catch up again in the morning... unless someone needs help with an EQ.... then I need to find a phone booth and take off these glasses...:brow:)

In light of bonejure's need to work well with small amounts I broke out the 14mm tall adapter. Rather than connecting a whip I had a piece of silicone, a SSV mouthpiece & spied a broken EQ elbow :science:.

I preheated the cyclone for 10 minutes & loaded .14 in the bowl. That took a good 15-20 minutes sipping away like I was using the Air :lol:. I then decided to cut a longer piece of silicone & create a carb. I really like the carb I made & when I make a nicer version I will run the silicone about 10mm lower just to ensure my fingers will never get warm.

I have since had 3 sessions of around .14 & am rather high indeed :nod:. You just need to give the bowl a stir once or twice & it is all good times. Feels like a saxaphone when you lift your finger off the carb so fuck it i'm chucking on some Kenny G :rofl:.

Hopefully holding my EQ on a 45 degree angle when drawing this way won't hurt the EQ :worms:. I will not be requiring a whip except for bonging f thats the case & the 2 x 3' of silicone will provide 4 x bong whips :rockon:

OOae93Ml.jpg

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@bonejure Welcome to the thread. If it helps the EQ is a convection vape. Hot air does most of the work. The Arizer Air conduction. So the surface area tends to do most of the work. Fortunately there is more than a little crossover between the two FC threads. There is advantages to either 18mm or 14mm kit . But the 18mm definitely had a wider throat than the stock cyclone and the screens are thinner screens. Which makes it that much more efficient. But either way you found FC, @DDave and a fun group than can help you get the most from your EQ.

Say new EQers.:wave: Please tell us vets what you got in your EQ stock kit. Seriously, Arizer is always changing things up and making small upgrades and tweaks.
I heard they have a better whip hose, etc. It now comes with the balloon kit. :hmm: But yes that would be cool of ya. :nod:

I actually have a chillum that has just the right size hole and shape to fit in my F/F. It is the most ugly thick pink glass combustion chillum pipe that I almost threw away several times. But guess what? My Elbow screen fits it like it was made for it! I would normally recommend some sort of length involved in any setup to get some proper draw. But a small silicone band around the center, and that $5 chillum is a mini wand. For say vaping the finest of particles.:ko:

Is this ->:whoa: lack of oxygen? I may have had a few low blood pressure moments like that.:uhoh:
I started having my EQ sitting lower than me so I can pull from the top. Just without raising it. Then lean back in my chair and :o :whoa: :o :ko:.:smug:

@throwawaytre3s Nice.:clap: I am hit and miss with getting a pillow as thick like that. But even at 2/3 of that thickness. It feels full and gassy and like breathing some sort of atmosphere. When I really got good with it, I could get nearly 3 bags like that if things lined up for me.
But the best way to make a white pillow is to exhale into the bag after drawing from a whip. :lol: Thought you'd like that one @Stevenski.
And since I have to stretch what I have. And I have a bag with an 18mm opening already out. Looks like Re-breather hits for tonite . Sigh.

But yea, the Vape Bags are way better and cheaper than the stock that came with mine. I like the seam along the sides and the material is less likely to form pinholes.
The seams help the bag set on its side well if you are doing it with stock parts. If you have mod parts of any kind, you can play with the restriction/flow going into the bag more. I find a tall wand with a wide throat heats and fills a bag a lot quicker and tends to break the vapor trails less. Sometimes, I will go to the trouble of rolling the bag further down so it fills itself like an Accordion. It tends to be even that much more gassy than wispy.:p That fresh gum taste that never seems to go away. Like say the everlasting gobstopper version of double mint gum.

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

sweet! that bag is about twice as long as the chicken cooking bags i use. i'm sure it stoned you good.

i've read about that damn ddave mod since i joined this place. i didn't know it could be used for bags too.

hi Ddave! i'll be in touch. :)

Some people use the tall version for bags, but I see no reason not to use the short one, like I've been. @DDave am I correct in that there's no reason not to? It makes me easier to switch from the bag to my D020-D if I want to, all I gotta do is change the elbow adapter to the one with my silicon tube and h20 adapter on it.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have continued the testing with the 14mm adapter & it gives great flavour below 190c. Whats more is it is very satisfying to use at 200c with very thick hits. The carb being so high means while it is no good for clearing the tube it does allow you to "finish" each hit with clean air. Once I have cleaned the 18mm tube I will try something similar.

Now I know why ? got that steamroller from Joda as it is a great way to use the EQ. Just another way to use the Canadian Army Vape. @throwawaytre3s you should get fewer thicker bags with the short adapter & more thinner bags with the tall adapter. No wonder that bag you posted a pic of looked so nice. I may have to try one with the 18mm shorty for a laugh :)

ronads

I did my first vapor bong today. Finally bought a bong! Asked for an 18mm joint size, turns out I needed 14mm to get it to work properly. Lucky I had my ddave 14mm wand, which I used on top of the joint that came with the bong to actually put the vapor through the water. I also put some ice in and some niice qwiso we made the other day.

In the picture below I took the pic before I did the vape, and the elbow did not go in like I had imagined. It's all good now.

kfjyNXs.jpg

Another update, I managed to break my ddave 18mm adapter bowl and crack the 18mm cyclone. ;( ;( The 14mm still works brill though and the wand from the 18mm is collecting some sweet sweet nectar.

bonejure

@bonejure

Welcome to FC.

Your post touches on some of the issues addressed by the mod you also reference. Lack of efficiency and that wobbly screen of the cyclone bowl.

There's more to the mod and you've come to the right place to discover this.

Look forward to your input and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi DDave.... thanks for the
You have found the perfect solution & I will share the results of my 14mm testing below. Getting the DDave kit in a 14mm size will be like supercharging your EQ for what you want it with.

No, not at all at 200c :tup:. YMMV but I am thinking it may be how the rest of my evening will be spent vaping.

In light of bonejure's need to work well with small amounts I broke out the 14mm tall adapter. Rather than connecting a whip I had a piece of silicone, a SSV mouthpiece & spied a broken EQ elbow :science:.

I preheated the cyclone for 10 minutes & loaded .14 in the bowl. That took a good 15-20 minutes sipping away like I was using the Air :lol:. I then decided to cut a longer piece of silicone & create a carb. I really like the carb I made & when I make a nicer version I will run the silicone about 10mm lower just to ensure my fingers will never get warm.

I have since had 3 sessions of around .14 & am rather high indeed :nod:. You just need to give the bowl a stir once or twice & it is all good times. Feels like a saxaphone when you lift your finger off the carb so fuck it i'm chucking on some Kenny G :rofl:.

Hopefully holding my EQ on a 45 degree angle when drawing this way won't hurt the EQ :worms:. I will not be requiring a whip except for bonging f thats the case & the 2 x 3' of silicone will provide 4 x bong whips :rockon:

OOae93Ml.jpg

Thats a sweet setup Stevenski ! Thanks for having a run at that..... I was hoping to find a small bowl with tiny holes like the stem/bowls on the Arizer Air/Solo stems. I don't like metal screens - glass is the way to go for me. If there is no alternative then I guess that will work.

How much smaller is the 14mm bowl compared to the factory-stock kit ?

What I hate about the stock bowl is the size..... you have to throw a gram in there to fill it !!! No way I want to vape up a gram or heat up that amount of mj at once.... you are throwing THC and flavours into the air when the bowl is that big and lacks focus.... it could never provide a really concentrated vape unless you fill it up..... if you fill it partially, a lot of the valuable flavours (terpenes etc) at lost.

Low heat and effient are the way to go......

philmein

is there anywhere in the uk that sell the long silicone tubing ( think its referred to as the whip )that i got with my ddave mod.
the tubing i got with my extreme q is much thinner and looks like it cannot used.

if not a supplier what size tubing is it
bit of a newb here but im sure ill learn quick

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@philmein I order my silicone tube from vapefiend.com

Go the the eq spares page and select silicone tube, then pick the 8mm internal diameter/1.5mm wall thickness.

This is slightly smaller than the ddave tube, but still fits everything the same, and I actually prefer the very slight draw restriction it bring...

Delivery is normally a couple days for me..

I use the ddave tube as a support sleeve outside the vapefiend tube to eliminate the kinking

tomshreds

So after reading all the comments and questions about what I got in the box and what are my thoughts after 24 hours (Yes I had so many questions, real famous on here, or is it simply that my mind is melting because of how amazing my EQ is? Might be!)

I have to be honest, I'm a pretty big guy. I'm 6 feets tall, weight about 225 pounds and have a very high tolerance (been bonging an ounce a week for about 3 years). The performance and efficiency is through the roof! I mean, retrospectively I used to waste so much herbs! With the same elbow pack I can do lots of whips and bags. I used to toke the same amount in 1 puff so you'll understand how efficient it is for me compared to my earlier experiences.

I said bad stuff about bags but let me reformat my thoughts: Done right the bags can be very cool, with the proper temps, quantity, etc. I'm not an expert yet (lol) but from my testing if I elbow pack at 210-220 I get pretty cool opaque bags! 2-3 of them with whatever fan speed it's pretty good. I went through a few before a meeting this morning and damn I must have sounded BAKED over Skype! It's Friday really, who gives a fuck? ;-) (I have a remote IT job luckily)

So here's what I had in the box:
  • 1 potpourri/aroma therapy dish
  • 2 cyclone bowl
  • 2 elbow screens and 2 flat screens
  • 2 food grade high temp collection bags with glass end piece and o-rings (one bag tied +one bag not tied)
  • 2 interchangeable glass end pieces
  • 3 ft tubing; it sure feels like silicone to me but it says PVC, sure doesn't seem hard as PVC it's rather soft/limp and has nothing written on it like a PVC tubing I often see (I could post a pic if asked)
  • glass stir tool
  • 3" mini whip/hose to connect collection bag
  • whip/hope with glass end adapter
  • power cord, remote control & unit
I think, that's about it. So far I'm very glad of the performance, efficiency and crazy potency that is gives to the same herb I used to smoke before. And the taste, I missed that taste! I used to have a Solo a few years ago and damn I wasn't aware I missed the taste this bad! :p

Another bonus point: haven't smoked anything in 24hours, woke up this morning not congested, no trouble breathing and no spitting black lung shit. I might be on a "good day" but I feel it's all because I haven't bonged my life before going to bed yesterday. Which is GREAT because I'm approaching 30 and I'd like to take better care of myself in the future (Lots of older peeps will laugh at me for implying I'm getting older XD)

I ordered my DDave's kit yesterday, I cannot wait to notice myself the difference it brings. I'm already surprised by the EQ's performance so I guess I'll roll myself on the floor when I'll try it with DDave's kit! Such an amazing and helpful guy!

Congratulations Tommy :D. I almost feel as proud as a father watching his daughter marry her first cousin :).

Thanks a lot for all the tips, suggestions, etc you really helped in my decision making and I regret absolutely nothing at all!!! :D

I'll keep on posting more about my findings later on the road.

EDIT: NICE! Admins edited my full name to "tomshreds" so please don't mind my username change! Glad clients won't be able to dig my FC posts while searching on Google XD

Last edited:

ronads

@tomshreds Great to hear your enjoying it. My DDave mod is brilliant I haven't used the standard elbows or whips since I got it.

Make sure when your whip and wand (or elbow etc if not ddave), when it goes a nice resinous oily colour, that that is actually pure canninbinoids. If you use iso 99% or similar, you can clean off all the cannabinoids and then get super duper wand hash . ;)

(You like to bong? Get vapor bonging!!)

philmein

@philmein I order my silicone tube from vapefiend.com

Go the the eq spares page and select silicone tube, then pick the 8mm internal diameter/1.5mm wall thickness.

This is slightly smaller than the ddave tube, but still fits everything the same, and I actually prefer the very slight draw restriction it bring...

Delivery is normally a couple days for me..

I use the ddave tube as a support sleeve outside the vapefiend tube to eliminate the kinking

thanx kellya i know and have used vapefiend but did not know the size to get.
you have been a great help.

how often do you change the silicone tubing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom