The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@Tommy Bergeron You can purchase some tongs or for $20 more, the @Ddave kit which comes with differently designed tongs and an upgrade for everything else sourced by @DDave who has shipped internationally. BTW. Better whip hose, bowl, wand and screens. The screens and bowl are head and shoulders better than stock. (No more scorched screen taste for me.) Or forget the tongs and you can have kitchen tough asbestos fingers like I do.:freak:
Not sure what your FC EQ understanding is. Just asking for clarity's sake. But I presume you will be running stock parts on day one. :party: Tomorrow. Glass elbow and cyclone bowl for you to test out. Oh, I remember when....
Without getting into the history, @DDave and other modders tried using different 18mm F/F adapters in place of the cyclone bowl you will be getting .Or a tall wand instead of a glass elbows packs that you may try out.

While you are waiting, Why not catch up with us and check out some old posts in this thread and at the DDave mod thread? also check the links in my sig.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
How complicated is this to use? I was all set to buy one and then became concerned about all the attachments and parts. I don't do well with anything that has a learning curve.
The EQ is simple to use, the pieces others are posting about only add options.

Stock, you have the vape, a cyclone bowl to load herbs into, and a whip to inhale through.

So long as you preheat your glass for 10 mins before your session you'll not be disappointed.

Edit, I forgot bags, but I don't use them.

Last edited:

ryanlaghost

The EQ is as simple as pressing a button and setting a desired temperature. Loading that badboy and letting it rip!!
With glass I started with a single piece. Made sure it was 18mm, not knowing what that meant but I figured if the EQ said 18mm then my glass should too lol Ill admit though, I've gone a long way from those times :myday:

I'll try to post my "roller coaster" a little later tonight!!!

CuckFumbustion

How complicated is this to use? I was all set to buy one and then became concerned about all the attachments and parts. I don't do well with anything that has a learning curve.
Sorry to scare you off with the geek talk. It is just my/our enthusiasm to get greater performance. You can preheat the bowl like @DDave mentioned and be fine.
Hookah Cyclone sessions are a good place to start if you are patient. Elbow packs offer greater concentration, but require a little more effort.
Simple cyclone method- Just preheat everything to 185c, load at a med - fine grind. Sip and enjoy at your leisure. step up +4 at a time. Sip and enjoy. repeat until say 220 or if it taste a little like burnt popcorn. Perhaps stir occasionally or clean the elbow screen if needed. You will get a wide spectrum of flavor stretched over a longer period with this method. :nod: Quickest way to get familiar with the EQ, I believe. Then maybe promote yourself and try elbow packs.
Less than a year ago, I was recommend the EQ by @Justpassedu and others. Knew nothing more than I wanted an 18mm desktop with a fan option. It works fine out of the box. Got mine from Agracan who is an authorized Arizer dealer in Canada for $150.00. RMAed the first one. Loved the second one. Just get to know it and refer to this thread. If you hit a wall:bang:, consider the simple @DDave 18mm and be content on honing in on that and keep it simple after that. You will probably get an EQ with a nicer kit than mine with more internal tweaks. So plz share that info with us, if you do get one.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Tommy Bergeron You can purchase some tongs or for $20 more, the @Ddave kit which comes with differently designed tongs and an upgrade for everything else sourced by @DDave who has shipped internationally. BTW. Better whip hose, bowl, wand and screens. The screens and bowl are head and shoulders better than stock. (No more scorched screen taste for me.) Or forget the tongs and you can have kitchen tough asbestos fingers like I do.:freak:

This is some damm fine advice right here. Seriously the component price alone would not be covered in the cost of a Ddave kit. It will be cheaper for me to purchase a DBV 18mm kit that has a whip, wand & tip hats as it will cost me around the same as a locally sourced SSV or DBV wand alone.

While you are waiting, Why not catch up with us and check out some old posts in this thread and at the DDave mod thread? also check the links in my sig.

I can only advise all the prospective EQ owners should read that thread & the last 10 or so pages of this thread to get yourselves up to speed. The EQ express has no room for passengers when it comes roaring through belching plumes of vapour from its stem.

I2f4tOejko6hG.gif

Don't worry about a thing Maggie. We gots the cure to your ailment just buy with confidence & buckle up :). No learning curve really just some fine tuning to dial in your vaping preferences. What is great is the fact it is 18mm connections so it is more modular than say the HA 2.2.

CuckFumbustion

This is some damm fine advice right here. Seriously the component price alone would not be covered in the cost of a Ddave kit. It will be cheaper for me to purchase a DBV 18mm kit that has a whip, wand & tip hats as it will cost me around the same as a locally sourced SSV or DBV wand alone.
I knew it was a bargain and a solution for first time modders since day one. The time saved alone makes it worthwhile. :nod:And after all that I came up with my own vapor train. So, keep shoveling more coal in the furnace and let er rip Casey. Woooot Woooot! Nest stop, Vaping Bliss City.

But Wow, I never paired the price to that of an old school SSV. I like the straight no nonsense 18mm wand with the kit much better anyway. Especially, since I have a 19mm adapter that slips over it! So for me, I spend $5 more for a straight 19mm adapter on ebay, and I have a setup better than the SSV thick glass wand, that I thought I wanted 9 months ago. Plus it is modular. I like modular.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I noticed we all seem to like things in the D020- perc thing with a carb. Even the tube bong has a shower arrangement in it.

It would be nice if everyone could post a pic of their setup & what their preferred EQ setup is. I am a big fan of shower/UFO percs as they offer a fair amount of diffusion without being over the top & are pretty sturdy. I have removed the stem & filled the bottom of the tube with water & used it as a ghetto type hydratube with the EQ.

I see an awful lot of glass these days that I would have loved as a combuster :drool:. Even at the end of my combusting career I was also on the verge of buying a 20" tube or beaker as all these over the top percs are not my cup of tea. I am going to keep my eye out for a nice 10-12" tube or beaker but that is far from a priority expense as I have several highly functional pieces. I can see a quality piece with a quality downstem is what is required.

tomshreds

I really like the idea of Ddave's kit, I don't have any doubts about its efficiency whatsoever. The thing is, with the CAD dollar price conversion, etc. His kit would cost me:

41.94CAD + 20.97CAD (kit + shipping) so total with taxes would be about: 72.45$ which is crazy expensive compared to buying 2$ test tube clamps locally. I'm really not bashing the kit, I'm a bit sad that it costs so much to buy it from Canada but hey who knows? Maybe I'll receive the EQ and will intermediately think "I NEED THIS!" hahaha

Sad part is Canada Post postponed its arrival from today to Friday :'( Let's cross our fingers so I receive it earlier! :D

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions, browsing the forums really is a goldmine! I've been browsing many threads and also Ddave's own threads and I've learnt very good lessons even before using my EQ :p

rustypeb

Hi all, think this is my first post here, have been using the eq for a couple of months now but wasn't that impressed then ordered the @DDave mod kit 18mm and now I love it. It hits so well and can be used properly with my bong thanks to the water adaptor that I also uses as the mouth piece if I am direct toking it.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for this great thread and to DDave for getting my mod to me so quickly think I ordered it Boxing Day it was sent that day then got to the uk a week ago in perfect condition thanks :)
Also does anyone have any tips using Moroccan stile hash in a DDave mod have flower shortage at the moment so had to get some hash in.
Thanks.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I really like the idea of Ddave's kit, I don't have any doubts about its efficiency whatsoever. The thing is, with the CAD dollar price conversion, etc. His kit would cost me:

41.94CAD + 20.97CAD (kit + shipping) so total with taxes would be about: 72.45$ which is crazy expensive compared to buying 2$ test tube clamps locally. I'm really not bashing the kit, I'm a bit sad that it costs so much to buy it from Canada but hey who knows? Maybe I'll receive the EQ and will intermediately think "I NEED THIS!" hahaha

Sad part is Canada Post postponed its arrival from today to Friday :'( Let's cross our fingers so I receive it earlier! :D

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions, browsing the forums really is a goldmine! I've been browsing many threads and also Ddave's own threads and I've learnt very good lessons even before using my EQ :p

I hear you Tommy as I paid $100 for my kit but it is worth every penny for me. Maybe when you have broken in the EQ & done some experimenting on what discover you like & don't like.

The most important mod is to get some food grade silicone whip tubing ASAP. That will distinctly improve your vaping experience & if you picked up 6' you could easily cut a whip, whip to bong & a short bag hose.

I once purchased a Transformer from Canada. It was a really nice OG 1984 Mirage & the package wandered around Canada for 3 months before being returned to sender. I was offered it again but could not take the chance. I never found one in that condition since so fuck Canada Post with a pinecone & no lube.

300px-G1Mirage_toy.jpg

@rustypeb great work on updating the old lady with a new dress & shoes to match. Regarding the hash I have never accessed hard hash for years but if you broke it up with a razor into chips & inserted one tip hat inside another you would have a great hash holder. I do it with kief all the time but it gets the tip hats very dirty fast.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Well this kinda makes me feel a bit sick seeing I paid over $150 for my version but here is couple of showerhead bubblers I would recommend anyone in the market for one should have a look at. I don't know what GC is like for shipping & quality but these are $29 & $45 each.

I would buy both in a heartbeat in I was in the US. Someone here needs to get in on the shower action & buy ole bluey to save him from a painful life of combustion. If you need any motivation just look at my train gif above (or the start of CF's one, it was like me last Sunday). Plumes of vapour! Plumes!

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
If you need to justify an purchase to SWMBO just explain it is actually a 55% discount so rather than spending $45 you are actually saving $55 & that can only be a good thing. SWMBO gets that logic as it makes perfect sense :nod: . If it hits anything like mine it is money well spent & a reasonable piece.

BTW the links are back up

tomshreds

Finally, it is arrived. I'm totally baked!

I've been trying various things, bags are weaker than I thought; cyclone bowl is cool since being able to move your herbs with the pick is genious while vaping. I like to elbow pack but haven't found really big differences between both though I'm starting to get a better idea of why @DDave's brings improvements, I also found that only 2 elbow screens is not enough out-of-the-box IMO.

What impressed me was the draw resistance, there's none! Using the fan is pretty amazing for pre-heating and pushing more vapor up the whip.

Sorry if I don't make too much sense, I'm pretty wildly medicated XD

I tried to search and read through the thread about cleaning habits but I just want to double check to start with the right way. I will use this unit for a few hours everyday so it might get dirty quick so should I: Throw screens in iso every night and rinse with hot water when I want to use them so they're always clean and never getting TOO much dirty?

I know screens are a pain to clean when dirty so the nightly idea sounds good to me.

Also about cleaning glasses like the cyclone bowl or DDave's own, do I simply throw them in the iso over night as well? 90+% iso is okay? How about 70%?

BONUS: Seeing how @DDave's bowl is made, how do you change the screen in it? it seems "stuck" in the middle haha

Thanks, so glad I got my EQ. Couldn't be happier!

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

I've been trying various things, bags are weaker than I thought; cyclone bowl is cool since being able to move your herbs with the pick is genious while vaping. I like to elbow pack but haven't found really big differences between both though I'm starting to get a better idea of why @DDave's brings improvements, I also found that only 2 elbow screens is not enough out-of-the-box IMO.

What impressed me was the draw resistance, there's none! Using the fan is pretty amazing for pre-heating and pushing more vapor up the whip.

Sorry if I don't make too much sense, I'm pretty wildly medicated XD

I tried to search and read through the thread about cleaning habits but I just want to double check to start with the right way. I will use this unit for a few hours everyday so it might get dirty quick so should I: Throw screens in iso every night and rinse with hot water when I want to use them so they're always clean and never getting TOO much dirty?

I know screens are a pain to clean when dirty so the nightly idea sounds good to me.

Also about cleaning glasses like the cyclone bowl or DDave's own, do I simply throw them in the iso over night as well? 90+% iso is okay? How about 70%?

Thanks, so glad I got my EQ. Couldn't be happier!
Glad to hear you're liking the EQ.

For cleaning, the ISO soak works well. Be careful of glass pieces clanking together if you're soaking more than one. The screens don't seem to affect the glass, so they can be soaked together.

90% works well if you're going to reclaim after a while. Easier to evaporate the ISO and be left with resin.

tomshreds

Glad to hear you're liking the EQ.

For cleaning, the ISO soak works well. Be careful of glass pieces clanking together if you're soaking more than one. The screens don't seem to affect the glass, so they can be soaked together.

90% works well if you're going to reclaim after a while. Easier to evaporate the ISO and be left with resin.

Thanks for your answer as always! Reclaim is something I'm unused of to be honest.

How does it work? You clean your stuff in ISO and once it's clogged with crap you leave it to evaporate to be left only with the resin? And then you can vape it?

I usually just throw my vaped herbs in the garbage and so I do with the dirty ISO. I'm learning a lot every day here! haha

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Reclaim absolutely as you stated. Repeat soakings in same ISO till it gets brownish (or when you pull glass out in the morning, it remains slimy feeling)... then on a plate or something with large surface area that you can also scrape, pour in and allow to evaporate. Once evaporated, you end up with resin that can be revaped. Strong stuff! Be careful, the fumes from ISO are flammable! Outdoors is preferred.

and Vaped herbs... there's plenty here regarding ABV... Easy simple recipe is Firecrackers. That will get you started on a whole new road to getting the most out of your herbs...

tomshreds

Reclaim absolutely as you stated. Repeat soakings in same ISO till it gets brownish (or when you pull glass out in the morning, it remains slimy feeling)... then on a plate or something with large surface area that you can also scrape, pour in and allow to evaporate. Once evaporated, you end up with resin that can be revaped. Strong stuff! Be careful, the fumes from ISO are flammable! Outdoors is preferred.

and Vaped herbs... there's plenty here regarding ABV... Easy simple recipe is Firecrackers. That will get you started on a whole new road to getting the most out of your herbs...

Thanks for the quick response, damn you must be a cyborg or something! :p I'll start experimenting with reclaims and will also check that firecrackers recipe you mentioned, it sure sounds interesting!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks for your answer as always! Reclaim is something I'm unused of to be honest.

How does it work? You clean your stuff in ISO and once it's clogged with crap you leave it to evaporate to be left only with the resin? And then you can vape it?

I usually just throw my vaped herbs in the garbage and so I do with the dirty ISO. I'm learning a lot every day here! haha
First of all welcome!

At first I threw away all my ABV.

To this day I can't handle the flavor.

What I found was I can make a topical lotion that works well.

Shatter is so cheap now days?

ABV throwing it away is fine!

If you need lotion @enchanre has a good formula!

I have a cool Ideal to share when it arrives?

The Q is really a good deal.

For the $!

Then again I'm a cheapo.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

Congratulations Tommy :D. I almost feel as proud as a father watching his daughter marry her first cousin :). I am not surprised you found the bags weak at all though. You are neither small child nor woman right? A man needs a man sized hit & the bags only provide vapour as thin as Andes air I am afraid.

Where bags are useful is when you have a group of people or better yet a group of inexperienced vapers. It keeps things easy & you don't need to concern yourself with draw speed etc. It also makes the experience "fun" & feels more like the childlike wonder you felt inhaling a helium balloon as a child.

The cyclone bowl is great for using with the whip dry. It creates a nice medium thick vapour that is perfect for getting an understanding of how the vape performs. Once you get a feel for how it works you can experiment with your EQ.

Regarding the elbow pack method look at the two sets of adapters below. See how the 18/18mm is a wider throat & the 18/14mm ends in a narrow throat. That concentrates & focuses the hot air stream so you you get thicker & richer hits. You still have the same volume of air moving over the product but both are more focused. That is why a lot of people say cyclone bowls are great for sippin & chillin.

rBVaGlXJslqAMHLhAAKLlEp29-4123.jpg

You will certainly need more screens than 2 for regular use but you can order a 4 pack when you order some silicone whip tube.

Only rarely did my cyclone bowl ever need more than a wipe out with a damp cue tip & most of the time I just wiped it out with my pinky finger. That cannot be said for the elbow glass as that gets golden rather quickly. I tend to pop my screens in Iso overnight & then give them a quick cold water rinse when I get home from work. Cleaning elbows is just as easy. I used to use a rotation system so when one was in use the other was soaking & I would change elbows every 5g or so I would put through it.

Top Bottom