The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
the electrician said:
i remember using 190 or 195 C for the most part, not sure what that translates to with regards to the q
thats about 210-215C in my experince, just judging by vapour never used a thermocouple or anything. Would like to know the actual temp difference

Mr. Smoke No More,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Yeah...electrician...I don't for see me going back to traditional whips or bags anytime soon. It was one of those things were i INSTANTLY knew I was going to be getting more bang for my buck. Now I finally understand what your idea was behind that 18mm to 9mm (or whatever that piece you like is).

What way do you prefer...the 'heat gun method' with the water piece, or the 18mm to 9mm conversion with some short tubing on the end and taking whip hits?

finchrock24,

AreaFour20

Just a quick note to thank Kevin for for sending me the replacement glass heater cover with a new cyclone bowl. You rock Dude!:cool:
The instructions you included are perfect!

Now, I just have to fix it up and vape!

AreaFour20,

the electrician

finchrock24 said:
What way do you prefer...the 'heat gun method' with the water piece, or the 18mm to 9mm conversion with some short tubing on the end and taking whip hits?
for now i dont have a favourite with regards to method of consumption. huge bong hits are hilarious every time but my throat takes a battering and i cane through the weed. you also have to factor in holding/balancing all your paraphernalia. with the whip i can make the most out of the weed and if i feel like doing nothing else with my day, take my time time and lose my mind over the course of a few hours. with some nice flexible tubing (which i dont have) youre free as a dove to sit or lie however you want

however, i think the extreme itself is best suited, by virtue of weight and shape primarily to use as a heat gun, probably in combination with the 9mm bowl you mentioned which should hold exactly enough for one or two destructive hits. i use a 19/14mm reducing adapter myself and the bowl could do with being a little smaller, but i do enjoy the glass on glass aspect

the electrician,

IIDXBoss

the electrician said:
finchrock24 said:
This is my latest creation
thats it lad, works like a fucking charm doesnt it. id suggest moving the screen down a bit, like this
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8982/img9755c.jpg
that way you can sit the extreme in place without worrying about setting weed ablaze and reduce the stress on your arm perhaps

heres a couple classics from a while back. probably the worst shots i couldve taken, its far more impressive in person
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5615/1002599.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2118/85289049.jpg
i remember using 190 or 195 C for the most part, not sure what that translates to with regards to the q
Holy shit I just realized my setup should be able to do that instead of all the tubing I'm using. Time to give that a try!

EDIT: It didn't seem to work that well. The screen sat loosely at the bottom of the piece and I put a pinch of weed in there. Set the vaporizer to 190 and I only got a very light vapor.

IIDXBoss,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
IIXD...it takes practice. You will have to experiment as the depth of the screen has a lot to do with it. Post a pic of your setup and I'll see if I can help you out. Also, for the depth I use, I need about 210-220 degrees.

finchrock24,

Mr. Smoke No More

the electrician said:
i think the extreme itself is best suited, by virtue of weight and shape primarily to use as a heat gun
HUH? your E must be much smaller and lighter than mine then....clearly works well but to say its best suited to be used this way is a bit of a strech.

Mr. Smoke No More,

the electrician

Mr. Smoke No More said:
the electrician said:
i think the extreme itself is best suited, by virtue of weight and shape primarily to use as a heat gun
HUH? your E must be much smaller and lighter than mine then....clearly works well but to say its best suited to be used this way is a bit of a strech.
its what it performs best at through my experience, what do you reckon its suited to best? maybe the q is make out of lead and bricks but the version 3 is light as a feather

the electrician,

Mr. Smoke No More

ya i had the v3 b4 i got the new Q. Not actually sure which weighs more but they are both pretty close. I just figure its not best suited in that way due to the heater cover being the weakest part of the vape, well in the v3 anyways, havent heard anyone breaking their cover on thier Q yet. Anyways you are attaching the E to the bong with the heater cover and someone could very easily put a lot of strain on the glass cover this way and break it. For this reason i say it is not best suited to be used this way, u must be very careful.

Mr. Smoke No More,

the electrician

Mr. Smoke No More said:
Anyways you are attaching the E to the bong with the heater cover and someone could very easily put a lot of strain on the glass cover this way and break it. u must be very careful.
theres little to no danger involved in these balancing acts i pull, its all held securely in place by my hands not the heater cover, thats there to make a air tight seal not to take any weight. the whole process puts about the same stress on the cover as putting the cyclone bowl on top

if they are both very close in weight then i cant see picking it up being a problem. its similar to a tin of tomatoes

the electrician,

Mr. Smoke No More

Thats what im saying, just want to make sure others hold thiers as well, because the covers are fragile. I would have no problem holding it, but others may have problems holding it if they use canabis medicinally for say chronic arthritis in the elbow or something. Not sure if anyone on here does, but just keepin an open mind. Does make me nervous when u call them "balancing acts" though. Out to the garden, Cheers

Mr. Smoke No More,

IIDXBoss

finchrock24 said:
IIXD...it takes practice. You will have to experiment as the depth of the screen has a lot to do with it. Post a pic of your setup and I'll see if I can help you out. Also, for the depth I use, I need about 210-220 degrees.
Here's my setup. I didn't load any weed in the bowl for the pics but I tried once with a pinch and the second time I put quite a bit like 0.3 or so and it barely browned after trying for 5-10 minutes at 195.

9PRe6.jpg

XeBJN.jpg

pHcoW.jpg

IIDXBoss,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Yeah that looks about right. Try turning up the temp in 5* increments. You'll find the sweet spot.

finchrock24,

the electrician

might want to try pushing the screen down a bit into the thinnest part of the adapter, see how that does. after a few bowls it starts to stick better

bit like this:
1002902s.jpg

the electrician,

gim

offtopic from the current heat wand discussion, but has anyone successfully made some sort of 'whip holster'?

One of the minor issues I run into is when there are multiple people utilizing the Q, after a while we don't need to 'pass' anymore and there's really no place to put the mouthpiece. It's just long enough that you can usually carefully loop it around and lay the mouthpiece against the elbow, but its always a tricky balancing act(that gets harder the more hits you take).

I'm worried about putting stress on the glass shroud/cyclone bowl by just flopping the mouthpiece over the edge of the table.

I guess I'm going to have to get creative.. I keep thinking about something like a vacuum cleaner's hose attachment- what if there was a runner and a spot you could 'plug' the mouthpiece into to hold it in place?

gim,

wolf torn

So its safe to say that if your not a bong type of guy the extreme Q isn't really for me?

I'm looking for something to just have by my bed, nice and easy, rip through a tube type deal.

I like to be conservative with the bud not sure if going this route is the best idea.

Or do you think I should get a water bong and not use that much nugs with it? Looks like with the heat gun method you don't need to use too much buds if you don't want.

wolf torn,

gim

lowfront said:
So its safe to say that if your not a bong type of guy the extreme Q isn't really for me?

I'm looking for something to just have by my bed, nice and easy, rip through a tube type deal.
I like to be conservative with the bud not sure if going this route is the best idea.

Or do you think I should get a water bong and not use that much nugs with it? Looks like with the heat gun method you don't need to use too much buds if you don't want.
The Q works great for conservation. You just take a small pinch and do an elbow load(see earlier in the thread).

heat up time from off is about two minutes. It will work better if you give it 5 or so. A good method to speed up heat time is to set it up empty and turn the fan on with the temp set to 250. After it runs hot air through the system(to heat up the glass on glass) you can turn the temp down to your desired set and load the elbow. If you run it with the elbow on, it will be hot though!

Often I'll preheat for a couple of minutes with just the cyclone bowl on, while I put the elbow pinch in.

As far as sitting next to the bed.. the remote and auto-off timer would be excellent for bedside medication.

Reposted from post # 532 in this thread.

Persona Non Grata said:

gim,

wolf torn

I see what you are saying now

so If I wanted to just hit this lightly with a tube this would be how its done?

Looks like there are a lot of essential modifying pieces to get like tubing other pieces.

To just suck on a tube with this thing what else will I need to get to make it a more pleasant experience?

wolf torn,

gim

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by 'tube' hits. You mean off the whip?
You can turn it on, load your bowl crank the temp up to 260(if you're trying to use it for sleep) and hit within 1 minute if you're in a rush. It will work fine.

The heat gun method seems like a lot more work than it's worth IMO.

I see you're online right now. If you want to chat more directly about it, jump into the chat room(upper right corner of the forum links)

gim,

Mr. Smoke No More

Gim here is a great post in the old extreme thread with a whip holster, took me forever to find it but had a great time reading all those old posts again :)

eLiguL said:
Heres a link to making Cannabutter in 7 easy steps (With pictures!)

http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12895

Heres some pictures of my homemade balloon cap

Cap on:
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/27031DSC01004-med.JPG

Cap off:
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/27031DSC01008-med.JPG

Heres some pictures of my whip holder

Position 1:
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/27031DSC00997-med.JPG

Position 2:
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/27031DSC00998-med.JPG

Position 3:
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/27031DSC00996-med.JPG

What im vaping ATM

Menage a Trois(left), Hashberry(right):
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/27031SSL21733-med.JPG

EDIT 1: it seems that linking pictures directly from that site is prohibited so I changed them all to links.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, got the pictures working.

Mr. Smoke No More,
Reactions: dynospec

Mr. Smoke No More

lowfront, all you need to vape with the extreme comes with it. You may try hooking it to a water pipe, and all the pieces come with it to do this as well except the bong of course. try readin the thread a little there are alot of recent reference to this.

Can anybody help me with my above post. Why cant i quote pictures? Is it just the host site?

Mr. Smoke No More,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I'm having a problem getting my screen to stay in place. Still trying to figure out a way to secure it. Sometimes when I stir up the bowl the whole thing tips and it gets some good herb into the downstem. No good.

finchrock24,

Pappy

shmaporist
finchrock24 said:
I'm having a problem getting my screen to stay in place. Still trying to figure out a way to secure it. Sometimes when I stir up the bowl the whole thing tips and it gets some good herb into the downstem. No good.
That's my main beef with the cyclone bowl. If I were to redesign it, the herb would be closer to the heating element, and the bowl would be longer and thinner. I find that fine weed from the cyclone bowl sometimes clogs the elbow.

Pappy,

IIDXBoss

lowfront said:
I see what you are saying now

so If I wanted to just hit this lightly with a tube this would be how its done?

Looks like there are a lot of essential modifying pieces to get like tubing other pieces.

To just suck on a tube with this thing what else will I need to get to make it a more pleasant experience?
THe Q is amazing for just having it around to toke on when you need it.

You could leave it on and packed and every ten or twenty minutes or however often you need it you can just walk up and toke it and walk away. No need to even turn on the fan or anything.

IIDXBoss,
Top Bottom