The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@MoltenTiger, Best explanations regarding extraction that I've read here. :tup:Not normally a bong/water person, but reclaim is what I am researching at the moment. Just registered with DHgate if decide to pull the trigger. Anything more you feel like saying would help me from making a bad decision. Did look at the Torus's and DHgate's. Looked at the link(Mothership torus -2015. ) and they offer 2 'honeybuckets' and a flower attachment as options. If I have an EQ and get the DHgate torus you recommend, Should I get one of the attachments offered, if I plan on using my reclaim? I have never used/made reclaim, dabs, oil and quite ignorant on the subject entirely. :hmm: But this seems like the next progression for me."every part of the buffalo" when using dry herbs is what I'm seeking. Without an over elaborate setup. I agree with you the volume of the piece being relevant. Can you, should you, is there a method to use ABV directly to reclaim? Thanks

This answers a few of my earlier questions, plus justifies me using it as dry pass-thru when I don't feel like filtering my vapor. Might end up saving me money on vape bags. If it serves nearly the same purpose.

Any other thoughts/details/experience about these pieces or what to look for in a water pipe that be helpful to a 'dry' person like myself? I am kinda clueless about the subject.TX

Out of my more exotic herbs.:( Now I'm wishing that I reclaimed before our dry spell. Where I'm at, there is scarcity just before say apple harvest season.:cool: Asked somebody to bring me some dried chamomile and they brought me some Tazo calm chamomile blend instead. So, I read the tin. Lo and behold, All vape-able ingredients! Blackberry leaves being the least of the ingredients known to be vape -able. It will tide me over hopefully until cider production begins.;) Any other of the less exotics that are worth checking out? Since I'm expanding my interests into the aromatherapy aspect of the EQ.:sherlock:
Talking about water pipes!

The D022 from DHGATE is a piece I use alot even thought I have 29 other pieces I like.

The formula is simple:

Small Volume = portable
Medium Volume = desktop
large Volume = combustion

Figure it out and find what you like!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Er not sure if I'm in the right place. I'm new here. And to vaping only 3 weeks into it. I would really like to know if it is normal for matter to drop through cyclone screen onto heater mesh. Only a few particles. Is this the norm.? Sorry if I'm in wrong place.

Justpassedu

Er not sure if I'm in the right place. I'm new here. And to vaping only 3 weeks into it. I would really like to know if it is normal for matter to drop through cyclone screen onto heater mesh. Only a few particles. Is this the norm.? Sorry if I'm in wrong place.
It should not really happen , that is why the screen is there but it really is not a big deal if it does happen so you should not have any worries. I have had it happen to me and i just brush it off with a small brush and turn my unit up side down and give it a little shake to get anything that has fallen in there out .

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Ah ok thanks. When I get my ddave and ssv wand I shouldn't have this problem anyway. I think.

No way, ddave himself.
Hey @kellya86,

Welcome to FC!

The loose screen of the cyclone bowl and herb fallout won't cause the unit itself harm. Like @Justpassedu replied, brushing off takes care of the issue. When I first started with my EQ, thought they did affect taste for that session and did worry a bit that I'd need to remove the heater screen itself and ISO soak, if the taste remained. Fortunately, I never used the cyclone bowl long enough to find out about any lasting effects.

You've definitely come to the right place to ask any questions on the EQ. There's a wealth of knowledge to be gained from this thread and its contributors.

Vape on!
DDave

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Yes ,You came to the right place. Thanks for posting your question.

It is always best to avoid that type of problem. But I do have a brush for that on standby. :tup:After I brush of what I can and gently shake off anything loose with the unit upside down like @Justpassedu suggested, I give it a visual inspection. If I see black flecks in the screen part of the heater, I then turn on the heater and the fan to the max and have a 'burn off' session.

BTW, it is best to only run the unit stationary, right side up, on a table/desk/flat surface.

Also when the unit is completely cooled down, I dip some Q-Tips in some ISO. (use the actual brand of Q-Tip not a cheap version. the cotton is weaved tighter on the tip)
After allowing a few more seconds to let some of the ISO evaporate from the Q-tip, I will gently wipe the heater cover and the metal in such a manner to not have more particles fall into the EQ. Pulling away from the unit. Also I try to keep the EQ clean in case I do end up RMA-ing in the future.

Ah ok thanks. When I get my ddave and ssv wand I shouldn't have this problem anyway. I think.

No way, ddave himself.

You are less likely to have this type of prob, but not immune. I have a cleanup kit available in case I goof. And I try not to panic when I do, and resist the impulse to jump on the problem until the unit is fully cooled down enough.:doh: Plus I experiment a lot with different glass, so it is also a good piece of mind thing.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Ok thanks for the responses, not so worried about it anymore, jus get a little ocd about these things. Jus didn't want it causing unfixable damage in any way. Thanks again.
As long as that OCD doesn't turn into a panic situation. I overreacted once as a new EQ user and almost did more harm than good to my EQ. :o
But now you have a backup plan and we all have shared our 2 cents with each other. Which helps the forum too.:tup:

Feel free to share your OCD and geek questions here anytime. :science: Again thanks for posting.

CuckFumbustion

I have a question and not sure where to ask. I just want to know if the cyclone screens fit the f/f adapter. Or do I need to buy different screens.
What F/F adapter are you referring to? I did notice the Cyclone screens are thicker than standard 'pipe' screens. BTW.
Most generic F/F 's with the center ring seem to be the right size for either. But I've found thinner to be better option. The EQ tends to heat the thicker ones and leave a metal taste if heated for a longer period, since it is going to be closer to the heater with most F/F mods this is a consideration. IMO.
If you have the DDave kit from @DDave, you would want the screens that come with the kit. They are quite thin and shape well and allow for more air flow.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm referring to the 18mm ff adapter for the ddave mod. I have not received yet. I wanted to buy some spare screens and was wondering what diameter I need. Will they be the same as the standard cyclone screens. Should I just order some of them. Or do they need a larger diameter? Sorry if I sound stupid.

An amazon link for the screens I need would be much appreciated if possible from anyone.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

I'm referring to the 18mm ff adapter for the ddave mod. I have not received yet. I wanted to buy some spare screens and was wondering what diameter I need. Will they be the same as the standard cyclone screens. Should I just order some of them. Or do they need a larger diameter? Sorry if I sound stupid.

An amazon link for the screens I need would be much appreciated if possible from anyone.
Still not sure if we understand each other? :hmm: But to clarify....

If you ordered the mod from @DDave himself from Ebay, it already has the perfect screens for the mod in the kit, I guarantee.:tup: Everything in that kit is top notch.

Second best choice ordinary pipe screens. Well ordinary in the US anyway. Perhaps even a local Tobacco shop might have some?

If you picked out and purchased a F/F to mod out your EQ, 'DDave' style, then get the generic stainless steel screens, pref-ably thinner for the reasons mentioned earlier. Hope this answers your question. If not, Let me know where the confusion is and I'll give it another pass.

I consider the cyclone screens to be the same diameter (3/4 in-.750) as the generic and the DDave mod screens. Only the width and mesh size is different. DDave's being the best of the 3.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Ok that's cleared it up thanks. I know it comes with a screen but I just wanted spares. I like spares of everything so no matter what happens I can still vape. So would you have a link to purchase these best quality spare screens? Preferably from amazon
Sorry to be a pain in the arse but I hate ordering wrong stuff.

CuckFumbustion

I just did a search for 'stainless steel pipe screens' and the top 5 choices are fine. Not an Amazon buyer myself. But they all are the cheap ones that I have been mentioning.
Made in the 10's of 1000's in china. Sold nearly everywhere. Not the quality you are aiming for but functional. No mention as to thinness or mesh size in any listings I found.:\

Ebay
however does have a few entries mentioning mesh size and quality. If you want to be a little more precise.
The ones that come with the kit are quite durable and have a grid mesh pattern. Much like a screen door. There is a few from Ebay that resembles that.
Otherwise you would have to ask DDave, But I believe he went custom with these screens like he did with the 'tip' screens.:shrug:

CuckFumbustion

Ok I will look on ebay. What do you mean by the tip screen. Is that the dome screen. I thought I could just use standard eq dome screen for my ssv wand.
SSV?:uhh: I was referring to these DDave mod kits. They come with their own 'tip' screens and round pipe screens and wands. All custom. all awesome. :rockon:
@DDave came up with his own kits to help people like you not go through the confusion. :bang:His 'tip' screens will not work with the EQ elbow. They only work with his wands because they are custom. His 'tip' screens do not fit the EQ's elbow because they are designed to fit his wands. Does what I said earlier make more sense?

The SSV wand is another matter. He abandoned that with Version 2. That SSV mod has it's own problems. That is why I kept grilling you about "what F/F" to avoid that confusion.
Or at least I tried to. So did you buy your OWN F/F? and SSV or did you buy DDaves F/F from ebay?
Once I know that answer I'll try again to clear or muddy things up even more for you.:D

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I bought a ddave adapter. And an ssv wand. I feel like iv made a mistake now and wasted 40 quid on a useless ssv wand. What were the problems.

Wouldn't blame you for giving up on me here. I feel like giving up myself now.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Not giving up on a fellow FCer. I learned a little myself actually. Your link sent me to the main page for UK ebay, but no worries.

I believe these screens would fit with your SSV. But I would get a second opinion and read some older posts here to be certain. I guess now that I think of it, everything I said about mesh earlier still applies. Just that your SSV wand might get more particles with that method. But to answer the first part of your question....

Using the elbow screen exclusively is fine and works as should. The other method with the SSV, he abandoned entirely. Using an Elbow screen with a top screen can restrict the airflow when the fan is on. Materials tend to compress a little too. Also it defeats the purpose of having the green closer to the heater.

:hmm: Perhaps the wider, coarser mesh might still be the better option since you are using the SSV and want to avoid that problem?

Anyway, You can never have enough glass.:brow: The SSV wand is heavy duty, so I've heard. anyway. All good. But If you read the DDave mod kits forum and some older posts here, I go into detail why the kits he is offering is so awesome! First impressions start here.

The other problem for you being in the UK is getting his listing to come up in your browser, since he is a US seller. If you can open up to US ebay first. then search for DDAVE, you might be successful. I had to do a similar workaround to find a UK seller once. Here is the DDave mod kits update links here on FC. He has already shipped to some international customers and could help you on this here forum or the other forum, if you asked him nicely. :cool:

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Right. I have just ordered the complete v2 kit from the USA ebay thanks. Least i got some spares now. So that will come with correct screens so that's that problem sorted.
Thank you for not giving up on me.
I'm sure it will all come together when I see it all. I thought all I was doing with the ssv wand was replacing the one in kit for a better one. But obviously not. I will trawl through old post and try to make sense of it all. Thanks again for all your help and time.
Hope his all actually makes a difference. Could have bought a solo after the amount iv been spending on my eq.

CuckFumbustion

@kellya86, thanks for listening to me and buying the Full kit! Glad I could be all the help for you!.:tup: I bought my EQ because of the 3 speed fan and because it has an LCD to control my temps. That has become a study for me on it's own. It is a great desktop vaporizer when you unlock it's potential. Now you don't have to go through the longer learning curve with the stock parts like I did. Already giving my 2 cents back to @DDave for a possible V3. But Yes, this kit is well thought out and others new users have raved about it on the forums.

The EQ is more mod-able then many of the desktop vaporizers out there. I am still coming up with my own ideas. With my current setup, I can now switch between a whip session to a balloon session with one bowl. :science:Can any other vaporizer do that?

I would have never bought an EQ without consulting with FC 1st. :bowdown: BTW, FC rocks.:rockon:I also knew a good thing was coming together when the actual @DDave was creating the kit.
He (and several others ;)) have also been encouraging me to post on the forums and has helped several other people here at FC. Yea, read all the posts while your package is being delivered. You will be that much more prepared and know why I danced around the package when it arrived. :rofl:.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Fc rocks.
Your right there iv been blown away by how helpful and patient everyone has been with me including yourself, and ddave himself has been amazing I didn't think he would have the time to talk to me personally. Iv loitered here for a while before I chose the eq and it was for similar reasons. Lcd, fan and modable. So glad I joined and can now talk back. My ddave kit not due till next week now. There may be some dancing when it arrives.

bella

Hi everyone, fellow q owner here :wave:

Haven't actually used my q yet even though i've had it for at least a month. It's a bit embarrassing, but I have been quite overwhelmed by all the bits and pieces that come with the main unit. There are so many options and i seem to have become paralysed with indecision, lol. I have read the entire thread but now that i actually have my q i'm not sure where to start :hmm:.

I had assumed i would use it ddave-style but thanks to @kellya86 's question, i have realised that i don't have the correct pieces.
Like @kellya86 i have some ff adaptors and my own wand (dbv). I thought that the ddave mod was just the adaptor + the wand. Didn't realise that it had evolved so much - looks like i'd be better off trying get a kit from ddave himself.

In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions on where i should begin with the q? Bags, cyclone bowl or elbow packs? Which do you think is best/easiest for a beginner?

I'm really excited about this vape and want to get started using it!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@bella

Welcome and glad to see another member of the EQ family!

You have great questions and the EQ is an awesome unit offering much variety.

Let's start with what you're looking for? Flavor? Slow relaxed sessions? Powerful hits producing clouds?

After your goals are known, better advice can be given on how to reach them.

bella

Hi @DDave! Thanx for your reply. Wow, i feel like i'm talking with a vapor celebrity! Thankyou for your visionary work :tup:.
I hope to purchase a DDave kit in the next couple of weeks.
Now, I'm not too fussed about taste, to be honest. I'm still learning about vaping and not really sure what i like yet :hmm:.

Have had a bit of a think and here's what i've been doing so far:
My sessions tend to be fairly relaxed. I only vape at night and have plenty of time. I'm also not into clouds (feels like a bit of a waste, but i'm not really sure if that's case?) but i like a bit of visible vapor so i know that everything is working correctly.
I will be using temps ranging from about 170c up to 230c (have just transitioned from smoking bongs and like the higher temps for couch-lock and sleeping). I also plan to use bags in my backyard over summer but that is still 2 months away.

I like to keep things simple/low maintenance and just like getting stoned...god, could i be any more unsophisticated :shrug:?
Hopefully as i gather more experience i will become a bit more of a connoisseur and stop embarrassing myself, ,lol.

CuckFumbustion

Hi @bella, Glad you found FC and DDave. Well since you seem a little overwhelmed and as to where to start. If you are into a patient hookah session, maybe start with a cyclone session?

You have already decided on a good temp range between 170 - 230 C.:nod: A cyclone session is fun to watch the herbs do their dance and their is no pressure as far as the herb wastage. The entertainment value alone makes it worthwhile. You can figure how to sip and coax the vapor. Instead of the pressure of finishing an elbow pack. I would start at your 170C then sip away.
Then step up the temp at 4 degrees at a time then sip, 4 more degrees then sip until you reach 210C. You will notice how things go from green to light brown to dark brown. the taste profile will change as you raise the temps a step at a time. If you notice all the subtle changes in taste and vapor quality as you progress, then Congratulations, you are now an EQ connoisseur. :clap:

Elbow packs are good for bag sessions and quick rips. There is something more as to how dense of a pack works for you. And more emphasis as to how well ground your herbs are.
A little more trial and error is required in getting that EQ-uation right. Temperature has more of an impact also. So that might be the more advanced and have more of a learning curve.

The DDave kit @DDave offers is the path of least resistance for modders. Not that you couldn't build on that foundation either. I like my personal setup and his. The versatility of having both has allowed me to have a modular setup. :science:

Top Bottom