The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@MoltenTiger 'Othership'. 'Mothership'. The other ship, not to be confused with the Mothership. The USS Othership Torus. God, It writes itself. But yea saw a video of it in action.
Intrigued by how it empties itself. Trying to understand the principle of their design. But unique indeed. Like your visual description of how it works for you.

Enough so any fan assist would be redundant. If it can pull nearly all the extraction in 1 hit like you are mentioning, then I can see your point about not wanting to use a bag.
Have you ever tried it dry?

@ataxian Back to the books for me. Figured there was some sort of blend.

There is a wide area of study and methods used. CANNABIS and ASIA. Will have to delve into early Chinese medical history more.
@DDave See that you have widened the choices for EQ users with the mods. Including the simple DDave F/F that started the discussion.:myday: Some users will use the F/F old school with an SSV wand like in @melonknifer's video above me. :rolleyes: Nice to open up the choices. :clap: This will be easier for those of us who want a second/replacement bowl.

Other considerations. Both wands are full open throat. Nearly equal from the width of the screen to the end of the wand. (18mm and 14mm respectively). So there is almost no telescoping effect. The hose provided decreases that factor only slightly.

Still think the DDave full kit is the best bang for your buck out of the lot. Especially with the FC discount. It at the very least is a good foundation for modders, geeks and experimenters. :science:

Hose modders. :cool:Just cut a few 1' strips/rings from the hose and made silicone adapters. Just flip 1/3 of the hose over and slide it over your glass tube/adapter/wand. Also easier to grab, if you misplaced your tongs. Might provide a little heat insulation too?

Silicone hose is pliable, but tends to pinch under it's own weight. So, I took a few more 1' rings, stretched them over outside of the long piece of whip hose for support. (Go ahead make a support hose joke if you must.:D ) So when everything is set in the EQ. The hose will arc better and not pinch near the tighter/weaker points of the arc. Hose Arc-hitecture 101. :haw:
My Q just medicated me to the MAX!
@DDave the adapters you sent me are unbelievable! The short 18mm female is the E-Ticket for me!

Good JOB!

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
My Q just medicated me to the MAX!
@DDave the adapters you sent me are unbelievable! The short 18mm female is the E-Ticket for me!

Good JOB!
Whew, glad I wasn't giving into some sort of hype. :D Was waiting for that other shoe to drop. Another solid recommend. Glad that research is paying off. We should all get grant money.

Oh, I just remembered that I should perhaps send some positive feedback on ebay. ;)

@DDave your kit is a must!

Time to do some more research!

Wouldn't mind a second opinion on the 14mm Tall bowl session. I think it is good for weaker materials, say ABV, because there is the 14mm bottle neck in a squat bowl.
There is there is less volume and glass to heat up.

Feel like comparing notes? Been posting in this thread if you want to add to that discussion.

DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ddave-mod-new-ddave-mini-mod-kit-for-arizer-eq-vtower-vapes.19018/
:peace:

MoltenTiger

Intrigued by how it empties itself. Trying to understand the principle of their design. But unique indeed. Like your visual description of how it works for you.
Enough so any fan assist would be redundant. If it can pull nearly all the extraction in 1 hit like you are mentioning, then I can see your point about not wanting to use a bag.
Have you ever tried it dry?
I haven't used it dry yet actually, I will try that soon.
Basically water splashes up the outside, into a wineglass shaped funnel, and then vortexes back down the middle tube through the centre of the slitted percolator to the bottom of the can. (So the water follows a torus shape/pattern)
It's an incycler (internal recycler) made for dabbing. The function works flawlessly with little or no restriction (like in the video you linked with nothing attached to the piece) but doesn't actively recycle with the EQ attached via silicone hose. As the piece holds a lot of water though, recycling isn't really necessary without a hot gas to cool down and it still vortexes when cleared. It's pretty big (30cm tall) and holds a good amount of vapour. This is my 7th scientific bong (2nd for vapour only) and has received by far the most positive reception from people, not that that's important, but it does say a bit about the quality of the piece. It took forever to get here (28 days from purchase) but can be had for $90USD (if anyone is interested I have a $10 coupon valid until the 14th. PM me).

I look forward to testing it with DDaves new mods, but have to wait a bit for my income to sort itself out. Waiting on back payments from July 20 and the funds are getting thin.

Interested you mention silicone hose folding under its own weight, with the wands included with the mod kit, is this still problematic? I find putting the EQ below me helps with holding the hose up, but prefer using a horizontal/90 degree adapter to prevent this entirely and to allow much shorter tubing (<30cm).

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I haven't used it dry yet actually, I will try that soon.
Basically water splashes up the outside, into a wineglass shaped funnel, and then vortexes back down the middle tube through the centre of the slitted percolator to the bottom of the can. (So the water follows a torus shape/pattern)
It's an incycler (internal recycler) made for dabbing. The function works flawlessly with little or no restriction (like in the video you linked with nothing attached to the piece) but doesn't actively recycle with the EQ attached via silicone hose. As the piece holds a lot of water though, recycling isn't really necessary without a hot gas to cool down and it still vortexes when cleared. It's pretty big (30cm tall) and holds a good amount of vapour. This is my 7th scientific bong (2nd for vapour only) and has received by far the most positive reception from people, not that that's important, but it does say a bit about the quality of the piece. It took forever to get here (28 days from purchase) but can be had for $90USD (if anyone is interested I have a $10 coupon valid until the 14th. PM me).

I look forward to testing it with DDaves new mods, but have to wait a bit for my income to sort itself out. Waiting on back payments from July 20 and the funds are getting thin.

Interested you mention silicone hose folding under its own weight, with the wands included with the mod kit, is this still problematic? I find putting the EQ below me helps with holding the hose up, but prefer using a horizontal/90 degree adapter to prevent this entirely and to allow much shorter tubing (<30cm).
I have not Waked and Vake in a while!

I have this SATIVA called PINEAPPLE PARADISE, I research the Q with this material!

Let me say it works well!

CuckFumbustion

Hose modders. :cool:Just cut a few 1' strips/rings from the hose and made silicone adapters. Just flip 1/3 of the hose over and slide it over your glass tube/adapter/wand. Also easier to grab, if you misplaced your tongs. Might provide a little heat insulation too?

Silicone hose is pliable, but tends to pinch under it's own weight. So, I took a few more 1' rings, stretched them over outside of the long piece of whip hose for support. (Go ahead make a support hose joke if you must.:D ) So when everything is set in the EQ. The hose will arc better and not pinch near the tighter/weaker points of the arc. Hose Arc-hitecture 101. :haw:

If you notice any building that uses an arc in it's design, the base has more support on bottom. That what the 1' strips do to prevent wrinkling. Base support and reinforcement.

With the hose stationary, like say when attached to your Othership, then it is a more simple matter of placement. There is minimal restriction with the silicone hose. if set up correctly with the right angle of arc, compared to having a 90 degree turn with an adapter. Now, When you try to use the silicone hose as a whip hose, then the pinching/folding problem is problematic. Not a huge problem, if you are willing to hold it in place. But could a nuisance to someone new and the less patient. That is where my 'support' hose comes in handy. Someone moving their hand around with this setup will not have to deal with this this, plus they will have a more open throat experience due to less restriction and the arc will keep it's shape better.

The hose that comes with the kit is more pliable then what I have been buying. Which is great thing when it comes to attaching 2 things together. My strips/rings worked before with other projects. So I shared that to y'all. Also using a shorter hose will also help with the weight problem, if that's desirable.

But If you still prefer the 90 degree adapter setup, I have made a silicone adapter and attached my 18mm wand to my cyclone bowl to it, then inserted the elbow whip on top. Essentially a tall long tube from the EQ to the elbow. Also, I shortened my hose from the stock elbow to the mouthpiece though. Hope this helps.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If you notice any building that uses an arc in it's design, the base has more support on bottom. That what the 1' strips do to prevent wrinkling. Base support and reinforcement.

With the hose stationary, like say when attached to your Othership, then it is a more simple matter of placement. There is minimal restriction with the silicone hose. if set up correctly with the right angle of arc, compared to having a 90 degree turn with an adapter. Now, When you try to use the silicone hose as a whip hose, then the pinching/folding problem is problematic. Not a huge problem, if you are willing to hold it in place. But could a nuisance to someone new and the less patient. That is where my 'support' hose comes in handy. Someone moving their hand around with this setup will not have to deal with this this, plus they will have a more open throat experience due to less restriction and the arc will keep it's shape better.

The hose that comes with the kit is more pliable then what I have been buying. Which is great thing when it comes to attaching 2 things together. My strips/rings worked before with other projects. So I shared that to y'all. Also using a shorter hose will also help with the weight problem, if that's desirable.

But If you still prefer the 90 degree adapter setup, I have made a silicone adapter and attached my 18mm wand to my cyclone bowl to it, then inserted the elbow whip on top. Essentially a tall long tube from the EQ to the elbow. Also, I shortened my hose from the stock elbow to the mouthpiece though. Hope this helps.
I made it function. {again}
COOKIES and OG = night night

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Whew, glad I wasn't giving into some sort of hype. :D Was waiting for that other shoe to drop. Another solid recommend. Glad that research is paying off. We should all get grant money.

Oh, I just remembered that I should perhaps send some positive feedback on ebay. ;)

Wouldn't mind a second opinion on the 14mm Tall bowl session. I think it is good for weaker materials, say ABV, because there is the 14mm bottle neck in a squat bowl.
There is there is less volume and glass to heat up.

Feel like comparing notes? Been posting in this thread if you want to add to that discussion.

DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ddave-mod-new-ddave-mini-mod-kit-for-arizer-eq-vtower-vapes.19018/
:peace:
The Q with @DDave 's kit 18mm short female coupler really wiped me out!
I'll play again with the 14mm today after
a cup of French Roast.

The Q gets me more medicated than I ever expected.

I'll try and make better notes however I'm reading a lot of books right now! (Historical and Philosophical)

Last edited:

Justpassedu

The Q with @DDave 's kit 18mm short female coupler really wiped me out!
I'll play again with the 14mm today after
a cup of French Roast.

The Q gets me more medicated than I ever expected.

I'll try and make better notes however I'm reading a lot of books right now! (Historical and Philosophical)
Very happy you got it going ataxian. I was worried for a minute. I can't wait to get the full DDave kit myself.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I'm about to order this but I just wanted to see what you guys think if it would work well or not for elbow hits since that is all I do. I'm New to the forum n the eq what temp is to high. I do have a nodded bowl ***edit it's late and I can't figure pics on my phone but this is link for the adapter it's two female ends right on each other so my elb would right above heating element
alt_3-3-12-1051.jpg

Modnote: Edited to display pic

Last edited by a moderator:
iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: ataxian

CuckFumbustion

@iDRINKBLEACH, Umm.... If you were thinking of inserting directly in the EQ, The width of the ring in the center looks awful wide to me. That ring is also the only center space between the 2 adapter ends. So your elbow screen might literally be sitting on the EQ's Heater cover, if it were to fit. This glass might not work for this purpose. You are trying to get the materials closer to the heater like the DDave mod and the DDave kits, I believe right?

I have posted and repeated my story of buying an 18mm F/F that was too wide in the center to be used in the EQ. Now that you know why I seem so knowledgeable on the subject. :D Later found one I liked so much that I suggested it to DDave in his forum. Who, if you have been reading the older posts, has a few kits to offer modders that are already going for that type of solution. I did end up getting the kit from him even thought I already found (and bought a second) F/F that I was happy with. And It is NICE to have all the options in my fully modular setup. BTW the 1st bad F/F that I bought, ended up breaking on me too.
But, If you already ordered it, and it doesn't work, It might end up being used for another solution. :science: If you are able to use it successfully, Let us know. But you might end up as I did. At least you chose the good glass.

@ataxian SUCSESS! EQ Achievement unlocked. :leaf: Glad you got it too work and that you can now widen your research. :p I taught myself a new trick with the kit and mentioned it at the DDave Mod forum. It's essentially, how I 'pin' my materials in place. Instead of 'packing' the bowl/screen. Details here ->#44. .

I also mention earlier in this forum, how I am able to go modular using homemade silicon adapters. I do use his and my F/F's for different types of sessions.
Here's an few EQ-uations I came up with.
My F/F + DD wand + my hose arrangemet = 18mm <->. All throat. Dial -in temp. (the EQ temp reading is fairly close to the glass temp.)
DD 14mm Short bowl + 14mm wand + whip hose (smaller diameter than the silicone hose.) = Compression session. Vapor get's condensed. Great for weaker materials and ABV revape.
DD 14mm Tall bowl + 14mm wand + whip hose = Slow roast. Hookah/Cyclone/sipping session.

I am able to attach a cyclone bowl to the wand using my silicone adapter and then switch out between the elbow adapter and my balloon adapter. Start with a whip session, end with a bag session. Can any other vape do this ??

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@iDRINKBLEACH, Umm.... If you were thinking of inserting directly in the EQ, The width of the ring in the center looks awful wide to me. That ring is also the only center space between the 2 adapter ends. So your elbow screen might literally be sitting on the EQ's Heater cover, if it were to fit. This glass might not work for this purpose. You are trying to get the materials closer to the heater like the DDave mod and the DDave kits, I believe right?

I have posted and repeated my story of buying an 18mm F/F that was too wide in the center to be used in the EQ. Now that you know why I seem so knowledgeable on the subject. :D Later found one I liked so much that I suggested it to DDave in his forum. Who, if you have been reading the older posts, has a few kits to offer modders that are already going for that type of solution. I did end up getting the kit from him even thought I already found (and bought a second) F/F that I was happy with. And It is NICE to have all the options in my fully modular setup. BTW the 1st bad F/F that I bought, ended up breaking on me too.
But, If you already ordered it, and it doesn't work, It might end up being used for another solution. :science: If you are able to use it successfully, Let us know. But you might end up as I did. At least you chose the good glass.

@ataxian SUCSESS! EQ Achievement unlocked. :leaf: Glad you got it too work and that you can now widen your research. :p I taught myself a new trick with the kit and mentioned it at the DDave Mod forum. It's essentially, how I 'pin' my materials in place. Instead of 'packing' the bowl/screen. Details here ->#44. .

I also mention earlier in this forum, how I am able to go modular using homemade silicon adapters. I do use his and my F/F's for different types of sessions.
My F/F + DD wand + my hose arrangemet = 18mm <->. All throat. Dial -in temp. (the EQ temp reading is fairly close to the glass temp.)
DD 14mm Short bowl + 14mm wand + whip hose (smaller diameter than the silicone hose.) = Compression session. Vapor get's condensed. Great for weaker materials and ABV revape.
DD 14mm Tall bowl + 14mm wand + whip hose = Slow roast. Hookah/Cyclone/sipping session.

I am able to attach a cyclone bowl to the wand using my silicone adapter and then switch out between the elbow adapter and my balloon adapter. Start with a whip session, end with a bag session. Can any other vape do this ??
All I know is the Q did not work out of the box?

With my @DDave kit mod it kills?

I'm getting a new batch of GSC today I will fire up 5 different vaporizers.

The Q will be in this rotation!

Yes I will be medicated beyond belief in a flying spaghetti monster!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
All I know is the Q did not work out of the box?

With my @DDave kit mod it kills?

I'm getting a new batch of GSC today I will fire up 5 different vaporizers.

The Q will be in this rotation!

Yes I will be medicated beyond belief in a flying spaghetti monster!
@ataxian

GSC!!! :drool: Very nice! If you want to go for flavor, heat up the tall 14mm adapter and load up with some small chunks of GSC (not ground up, just pull off or cut off some nugget chunks), sit back and sip some awesome flavor! :nod:

As a habit, I look up things I've never heard of before and surprised to find the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists!!!!
tumblr_li26deg5vF1qbs2avo1_500.jpg

I will never look at pasta the same again! :uhoh:

Hahaha! Thanks for the lesson and have an awesome, long weekend!!!! :rockon:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian

GSC!!! :drool: Very nice! If you want to go for flavor, heat up the tall 14mm adapter and load up with some small chunks of GSC (not ground up, just pull off or cut off some nugget chunks), sit back and sip some awesome flavor! :nod:

As a habit, I look up things I've never heard of before and surprised to find the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists!!!!
tumblr_li26deg5vF1qbs2avo1_500.jpg

I will never look at pasta the same again! :uhoh:

Hahaha! Thanks for the lesson and have an awesome, long weekend!!!! :rockon:
Thanks for the tip!

I heard Richard Dawkins speak about the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I thought the term was so funny and true!

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker

ddave sent me a message and told me he had tried something of the sort and I believe he said it was a no go and no spot for a screen. I do have 2 ddave bowls. Just wondered how that would be with it sitting right on the element. I ordered my mod setup the same time I ordered my first desktop vape *the eq* got my eq 4.0 from vaporseller for 160. I think it was a steal imo. Been vapin bho with qtips most the day with it.

Sorry for double post but I can't seem to get a big vapor clouds unless I'm @ 220 I read people say ingquite a bit lower temps. I have the 4.0 maybe Google was only finding older messages

Last edited by a moderator:

Cemmos

It might be your draw speed. I got fairly inconsistent results until I replaced the cyclone bowl and starting thinking about how I was drawing with elbow packs. At one point I was exclusively vaping at 260 C simply because the other temps wouldn't produce results. Took me time and a lot of bud.

I pretty much draw reaaaally slow and lightly over about 10-20 seconds, depending on the hit I want. I can vape at 175 C with better results than I had before at 260.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I'm going to work on lower temps. I really enjoy my eq but already lookin at classifieds at an evo. At the moment I have no pay pal or I'd have it.

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: ataxian

MoltenTiger

I've used 7 different bongs with my EQ, the largest of which is a 50mm Wide 44cm tall double percolating piece.
The smallest is either a D020 or a small 14mm triple honeycomb piece.

My favourite by far is my Torus mentioned recently.

In my experience;
A smaller mouthpiece is a nice feature for a vapour bong.
Having internal volume is a factor I really appreciate.
(I hear a lot of people say they want smaller pieces for less reclaim, I disagree this is an issue worth worrying about [the majority of reclaim is caused by conduction EQ side])
The hits from the small pieces always seem smaller (takes the same time, preparation and material amount, but just doesn't offer the fat hit feeling).

Smaller glass works better for gradual extraction, big pieces are best for attempts at total extraction in one hit (there is more space for the vapour to fill up, larger pieces generally make the vapour smoother).

It's worth noting that clearing a pipe of vapour is the equivalent of inhaling a filled bag.

In terms of preferred percolators, I have a reti, a slitted cage, honeycomb and turbine discs and a 6-arm tree perc to compare.

Easily my favourite is the slitted cage perc (similar to matrix, birdcage, shower head percs)
My second favourite is the reti (similar to slitted down stem and probably most smaller sized cage-like percolators)
Compared to the discs or even a natural perc (a single hole stem or stemless) the cages offer a much less resistive drag, more constant drag speed with a good amount of diffusion whilst not taking away too much flavour (even with higher water levels).

I will finish by saying, if you're spending in excess of 100USD on a dhgate bong, you may want to shop around first. I would probably limit my dhgate glass at 60USD, that said my Torus cost $110AUD (78USD) and I have 0 regrets. Excellent piece to pair with the EQ!

CuckFumbustion

@MoltenTiger, Best explanations regarding extraction that I've read here. :tup:Not normally a bong/water person, but reclaim is what I am researching at the moment. Just registered with DHgate if decide to pull the trigger. Anything more you feel like saying would help me from making a bad decision. Did look at the Torus's and DHgate's. Looked at the link(Mothership torus -2015. ) and they offer 2 'honeybuckets' and a flower attachment as options. If I have an EQ and get the DHgate torus you recommend, Should I get one of the attachments offered, if I plan on using my reclaim? I have never used/made reclaim, dabs, oil and quite ignorant on the subject entirely. :hmm: But this seems like the next progression for me."every part of the buffalo" when using dry herbs is what I'm seeking. Without an over elaborate setup. I agree with you the volume of the piece being relevant. Can you, should you, is there a method to use ABV directly to reclaim? Thanks
It's worth noting that clearing a pipe of vapor is the equivalent of inhaling a filled bag.
This answers a few of my earlier questions, plus justifies me using it as dry pass-thru when I don't feel like filtering my vapor. Might end up saving me money on vape bags. If it serves nearly the same purpose.

Vaporizers require less volume than combustion glass pieces.

For a Q?
D022
FC186 FC187 fc ufo or whatever that size range!

Any other thoughts/details/experience about these pieces or what to look for in a water pipe that be helpful to a 'dry' person like myself? I am kinda clueless about the subject.TX

Out of my more exotic herbs.:( Now I'm wishing that I reclaimed before our dry spell. Where I'm at, there is scarcity just before say apple harvest season.:cool: Asked somebody to bring me some dried chamomile and they brought me some Tazo calm chamomile blend instead. So, I read the tin. Lo and behold, All vape-able ingredients! Blackberry leaves being the least of the ingredients known to be vape -able. It will tide me over hopefully until cider production begins.;) Any other of the less exotics that are worth checking out? Since I'm expanding my interests into the aromatherapy aspect of the EQ.:sherlock:

Last edited:
Top Bottom