The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

DVRez

Nice, you get more that way, and they are cheaper! Thanks! And thanks for showing us your setup, might have to rig something up like that.

So I ordered everything early this morning, and all the mods have shipped, but the main thing hasn't, the EQ . Oh well, I better be more patient! Just too excited to start this Vape action

I have also found that always running the fan definitely helps my herb cook all the way through. Because of basically every setup being airtight it just keeps storing the vapor until I take my next hit. Very efficient. When I dont use the fan my sessions arent near as enjoyable I feel haha. I also like letting it sit and bake for a minute or two before I turn the fan on to start drawing.

I actually just used one of the little plastic tubes included with the EQ to connect the mouthpiece for the balloon to the glass piece of the whip mouthpiece. It basically just makes the glass longer before the valve. Tastes better, and Im getting massive clouds haha.

Also, I couldnt figure out how to keep the tube from kinking when it got warm, so I decided to use it as an advantage. Took off the camelbak mouthpiece so its just the long glass stem, I kink it when im not drawing, and simply lift it up when i am. Built in valve hahaha.

Last edited:
GreenSkier,
Reactions: DVRez

bkpnsux

In the FF I placed a small screen sitting just far enough in to sit tight with an elbow screen I place in the 18mm F/M globe. The F/M globe does have a screen just above the M end as well. So thats a screen above the heater, the elbow screen, and the sceen in the globe F/M. I then placed a DBV wand, which has another screen into the F end of the F/M globe

Hey GreenSkier, it looks good. I just have a couple questions if you don't mind.

What is the purpose of the globe adapter? Is the DVB wand and SSV wand identical? Can you post some additional pics of the male end of the wand and where the screen is please?

Where do you pack your herb? In the globe or bottom of DVB whip?

Thanks

Modnote: Back to back posts merged.

DBV website has some sick wands! I kinda like this one...
_204-11-25-14-1.jpg

Check out their site if you're shopping for a wand and haven't seen it yet.. http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/index.php/dabuddhavaporizer/custom-glass/wands.html?limit=all

Last edited by a moderator:

DVRez

That sounds like a great deal to me! Gotta love Amazon. So how do they work? As good as the stock balloons, better? Do they attach easily? Super cheap! I am so anxious to get my EQ in the mail!!!

DVRez,

frogman420

I am also waiting for my Extreme Q, which should be here in another day, but I got the bags yesterday. They worked great for dinner! I think they are slightly wider than the Arizer bags, but just as long. I will find out soon.

Another item I ordered was a 2 meter length of silicone tubing on eBay, coming from China. It is listed as 2M Food Grade Silicone Hose Tube Pipe 1~8mm Clear Thin-wall, with an ID of 8mm and OD of 10mm, and only costs $4.52 with free shipping. The 8mm ID is only slightly larger (.315") than 5/16" (.3125") so it should fit nicely, but the wall thickness is 1mm (1/25") instead of the 1/16" on the commonly suggested 5/16" ID x 7/16" OD tubing. I am thinking that is a good thing, because it will be more flexible and lighter. What do you think?

frogman420,
Reactions: DVRez

DVRez

Just from what I've read here, not from personal experience, I think one issue, if using the ssv wand, the thinner tubing will kink when it's warm. But you can probably figure something out that will keep it from doing that. It does it on the thicker tube, too, anyways.

Either way, that's half the price of what I paid on eBay yesterday, for roughly the same length.

Last edited:
DVRez,

frogman420

Thanks for the information! At present I am going to use the tubing on the long whip, bag connection for the short whip, and maybe a D020-D bubbler. If I am understanding correctly, we can use the two glass elbow pieces from the long and short whip, connect them to each end of a length of the silicone tubing, and use that to connect the bubbler to the cyclone bowl.

Last edited:

DVRez

I sure hope that's the case, because I got the d020 in 2 days ago, just for this situation! Took it just short of 2 weeks to come in, but my Xmax v2 fits it pretty well. Glad I ordered it first, so I can enjoy my EQ with water when it makes it here.

Episode666

Hoptimum - Bite valve is a great idea.. Thanks for that, I'm going to find one..

GreenSkier and anyone else interested... I just ordered a 5 pack of 18x18mm F/F from DHgate.com (http://www.dhgate.com/product/facto...4/212853819.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null)
I don't need all five and only plan to keep 2... If they were well for the DDdave modification
3 of them will be up for sale for what I paid plus shipping.. I'm not looking to make anything on them, just recover what I paid for 3 of the 5 I don't need.

My order was shipping : 2015-04-01 08:27:07 so hopefully won't be too long until I have them. I just also noticed it was just released from Canada customs yesterday so should be here soon I think.

I'll post after they're received and confirmed to work.

Anyone know the best place for screens for these adapters?
Also, anyone have a good source for SSV G/G Wand and whip? Any advantage to the "fat boy" wand that can hold more material, or does the regular wand hold plenty of herb?

Does anyone know if Da Budda g/g wand/whip will work well?

Cheers

Did you get to try these adapters?

Episode666,

Episode666

I haven't had a chance to source a screen yet, and I'm also waiting on medicine. I hope to have both next week and will report back as well as post some pictures.

Ok let me know, I would take 1 or 2 off your hands if you like. I ordered a whip and wouldn't mind not having a screen in the adapter for a while.

Episode666,

bkpnsux

1.jpg
1.jpg

Here is a pic with all 5 adapters showing the slight height differences. I don't really think it matters too much. And here is also an adapter on top of my unit.

I just ordered a DBV whip from vaporizers.ca for a good price. It should be here this week. I'll post more pictures of my complete set up once all together.

If anyone would like one or more of the adapters please PM me.

Ok let me know, I would take 1 or 2 off your hands if you like. I ordered a whip and wouldn't mind not having a screen in the adapter for a while.
Are you in Canada?

Send me a PM and we can figure things out and I'll send you 1 or 2 if you want.

Episode666

1.jpg
1.jpg

Here is a pic with all 5 adapters showing the slight height differences. I don't really think it matters too much. And here is also an adapter on top of my unit.

I just ordered a DBV whip from vaporizers.ca for a good price. It should be here this week. I'll post more pictures of my complete set up once all together.

If anyone would like one or more of the adapters please PM me.

Pics are not showing up. I got the SSV whip from Namaste Vapes, pricey imo. I still can't wait to try it out :-)

1x Silver Surfer Whip and Wand Set for $39.95 each

Discount (code: VAPE10): $-4.00 CAD
Subtotal : $35.95 CAD
Shipping : $6.95 CAD
Total : $42.90 CAD

Episode666,

bkpnsux

Pics are not showing up. I got the SSV whip from Namaste Vapes, pricey imo. I still can't wait to try it out :-)

1x Silver Surfer Whip and Wand Set for $39.95 each

Discount (code: VAPE10): $-4.00 CAD
Subtotal : $35.95 CAD
Shipping : $6.95 CAD
Total : $42.90 CAD

Hmmm... I think I fixed the pictures. Are you still having issues seeing them?

This is the wand I purchased:

http://vaporizers.ca/products/da-buddha-whip-wand

I spoke with a gentleman there who was very helpful. He told me the replacement wands are not authentic 7th floor product, which is fine with me at the price they are at (this is Canadian prices as well).

I should have my wand this week, I'll post pics when it arrives. I'd like to see your set up too as well if you haven't posted pics yet.

Thanks

DVRez

Too bad we can't find a cheap shipping solution for yours. There's the Bake Bros @ 20,73$ shipped in Canada http://www.ioffer.com/i/18mm-female-to-18mm-female-ring-vapor-adapter-12-243-586658393

Still way too much for something this small.

I actually got one of style those adapters (with the square-ish space for the screen) at my local shop, and the 1" screen is a little to small for it, so it kind of "swims" around in it. I just got the adapter I posted about, which is now in DDave's tag, and it is $12.99 with free shipping I believe. It works great, just have to cut down the 1" screen a tad for a perfect fit. But they are supposed to come with 5 screens for it anyways, he was just out so I am waiting for 10 screens (he's doubling it to make up for the extra day or two wait). The adapter works perfectly!

I got in most of the other stuff I ordered (SSV ground glass wand adapter, ddave adapter, valves) and I must say, the SSV wand is definitely worth the cost! Not only does it allow the herb to vape more evenly, but it makes switching between methods very easy; the silicone tubing goes into the top of the SSV wand much easier then it fits over the elbow. So switching between water adapter, bags, or the whip is much quicker and easier for me.

The valves also are pretty easy to put on the bag after fill-up, but the convenience of being able to set it down and come back to it whenever I like, and not have to worry about losing vape is well worth it. Also, the added size makes it much easier to hold on to and pass around.

Before the mods, I was not very impressed with the EQ performance, but perhaps I wasn't doing it the best way. After the mods though, this will be the only thing I'll be vaping out of while home.

DDave adapter + SSV wand all the way! Vastly improves performance and convenience.

Episode666

I actually got one of style those adapters (with the square-ish space for the screen) at my local shop, and the 1" screen is a little to small for it, so it kind of "swims" around in it. I just got the adapter I posted about, which is now in DDave's tag, and it is $12.99 with free shipping I believe. It works great, just have to cut down the 1" screen a tad for a perfect fit. But they are supposed to come with 5 screens for it anyways, he was just out so I am waiting for 10 screens (he's doubling it to make up for the extra day or two wait). The adapter works perfectly!

I got in most of the other stuff I ordered (SSV ground glass wand adapter, ddave adapter, valves) and I must say, the SSV wand is definitely worth the cost! Not only does it allow the herb to vape more evenly, but it makes switching between methods very easy; the silicone tubing goes into the top of the SSV wand much easier then it fits over the elbow. So switching between water adapter, bags, or the whip is much quicker and easier for me.

The valves also are pretty easy to put on the bag after fill-up, but the convenience of being able to set it down and come back to it whenever I like, and not have to worry about losing vape is well worth it. Also, the added size makes it much easier to hold on to and pass around.

Before the mods, I was not very impressed with the EQ performance, but perhaps I wasn't doing it the best way. After the mods though, this will be the only thing I'll be vaping out of while home.

DDave adapter + SSV wand all the way! Vastly improves performance and convenience.

Thanks! I just ordered the adapter from californiasea, free shipping to Canada!

Man I'm excited !!!

giphy.gif

Episode666

Thanks! Episode666 if you could do me a favor and when you get your adapter and screens, I would appreciate it if you could measure the width of the screen at the widest part. This adapter looks the same as what I have, so I'm guessing the screen sizes should be the same.

Good find, I wish I saw this before I bought my army of adapters.. lol

Will do! If you want I'll go as far as posting you one! It's not like my vape is going to burn through 4 screens anytime soon.

Episode666,
Reactions: bkpnsux
Top Bottom