The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

bkpnsux

I think you bought the wrong ones.
"14 & 19 female converter" means both ends are female but one end is 19mm and one is 14mm.
I would try to get those refunded before they ship.

Hi there..there is a drop down option for 14mm/14mm, 14mm/19mm and 19mm/19mm. I chose 19mm/19mm.

This is the review that influenced my purchase. The review was posted February, 2015

Great price for this female to female adapter. They feel pretty sturdy and you get 5 of them for around 18 bucks shipped. Anywhere else on the internet would cost you $15-30 for just 1 of these adapters and that's with out shipping! I bought this 19mm piece as a mod for my extreme q vaporizer to replace the cyclone bowl and from the looks of it I expect it to work like a charm. The tiem arrived here in Canada in about 9 days so pretty quick shipping! Overall great seller and item!

Does this happen to be purchased by anyone on this forum?

Justpassedu

Do the Eq's not come with 18mm Elbow's anymore ? I had everything right out of the box when i got mine to adapt to a 18mm water tool. 18mm elbow going from the Eq to another 18mm elbow right inot my glass rigs. If your looking for a nice 18mm elbow that is thicker than stock , you cant go wrong with oregon glass blower , they should be on this forum someplace. I think i paid $25 shipped and it has outlasted 3 stock elbows , a tiny drop is not going to break it.

Alt101

Has anyone tried to adapt the vapexhale cloud evo hydratubes to work on the Extreme Q? Im thinking that it would be fairly easy with the right adpater. Just get a female 18mm to male 18mm adpater, pop one of their ez bowls (which look like they would vape more evenly that the cyclone bowl), and use the hydratube of choice. Boom, poor man's cloud evo. Thoughts?

Alt101,

TommydCat

Has anyone tried to adapt the vapexhale cloud evo hydratubes to work on the Extreme Q? Im thinking that it would be fairly easy with the right adpater. Just get a female 18mm to male 18mm adpater, pop one of their ez bowls (which look like they would vape more evenly that the cyclone bowl), and use the hydratube of choice. Boom, poor man's cloud evo. Thoughts?
I've tried it, and it works great! Only concerns are ensuring the top part of the adapter doesn't extend too far or is too thin/thick (causes issues with ELB). Out of about 4 similar adapters, only one I own has fitment issues. Of course, the temp has to be pumped up a bit to get similar results with a load that far above the heater, but the results were nice.

Keep in mind that the results are a bit nicer on an actual EVO (in my experience), and you are correct in this setup seems to work slightly better than the cyclone bowl with a male/male adapter, however the load sizes are smaller (still can't put too much in ELB without restricting flow/inconsistent vaping).

Good to see experimentation! If it interests you, don't let me dissuade you - it's still fun and educational to KNOW what would happen if... :D

TommydCat,

sickmanfraud

PlanetVape has the exact piece called an extreme q vortex. Mine got here last night, don't expect to get to it for a few days.

sickmanfraud,

nacho257

Any love for a gold EQ?
**Don't know why it's sideways, you get the gist**
pP30XzG.jpg

Modnote: Rotated image 90° as it was hurting my neck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, so I just ordered the extreme q as a desktop to go alongside my air haha. Ive tried reading a good bit of this thread, but there is just so much haha. Im already planning on doing a few changes, and adapting it to use the volcano balloons(I like the mouthpieces soooo much better) opposed to the stock ones, and would love to know which whip I should get. I've seen everyone saying the ssv wand works great, as well as the DDave bowl, but it's a little confusing trying to go from my air to the enormous possibilities of this thing haha.

If you guys could help me out and kind of summarize what the best mods/attachments to get would be, and possibly link me to a place to buy them that would be absolutely amazing. Thanks for any help in advance guys!

hoptimum

Hey guys, so I just ordered the extreme q as a desktop to go alongside my air haha. Ive tried reading a good bit of this thread, but there is just so much haha. Im already planning on doing a few changes, and adapting it to use the volcano balloons(I like the mouthpieces soooo much better) opposed to the stock ones, and would love to know which whip I should get. I've seen everyone saying the ssv wand works great, as well as the DDave bowl, but it's a little confusing trying to go from my air to the enormous possibilities of this thing haha.

If you guys could help me out and kind of summarize what the best mods/attachments to get would be, and possibly link me to a place to buy them that would be absolutely amazing. Thanks for any help in advance guys!

You'll need the Silver Surfer ground glass wand, some silicone tubing and a water pipe adapter, and an 18mm f/f adapter . I'd suggest getting a camelbak valve for your bags

hoptimum,
Thank you very much man! Extremely helpful, and the idea of a bite valve like on hydration bladders had never even occurred to me. Which is sad to say the least haha, I spent a large amount of time researching hydration bladders before I got mine.

GreenSkier,

bkpnsux

Hoptimum - Bite valve is a great idea.. Thanks for that, I'm going to find one..

GreenSkier and anyone else interested... I just ordered a 5 pack of 18x18mm F/F from DHgate.com (http://www.dhgate.com/product/facto...4/212853819.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null)
I don't need all five and only plan to keep 2... If they were well for the DDdave modification
3 of them will be up for sale for what I paid plus shipping.. I'm not looking to make anything on them, just recover what I paid for 3 of the 5 I don't need.

My order was shipping : 2015-04-01 08:27:07 so hopefully won't be too long until I have them. I just also noticed it was just released from Canada customs yesterday so should be here soon I think.

I'll post after they're received and confirmed to work.

Anyone know the best place for screens for these adapters?
Also, anyone have a good source for SSV G/G Wand and whip? Any advantage to the "fat boy" wand that can hold more material, or does the regular wand hold plenty of herb?

Does anyone know if Da Budda g/g wand/whip will work well?

Cheers

Last edited:

hoptimum

Hoptimum - Bite valve is a great idea.. Thanks for that, I'm going to find one..

GreenSkier and anyone else interested... I just ordered a 5 pack of 18x18mm F/F from DHgate.com (http://www.dhgate.com/product/facto...4/212853819.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null)
I don't need all five and only plan to keep 2... If they were well for the DDdave modification
3 of them will be up for sale for what I paid plus shipping.. I'm not looking to make anything on them, just recover what I paid for 3 of the 5 I don't need.

My order was shipping : 2015-04-01 08:27:07 so hopefully won't be too long until I have them. I just also noticed it was just released from Canada customs yesterday so should be here soon I think.

I'll post after they're received and confirmed to work.

Anyone know the best place for screens for these adapters?
Also, anyone have a good source for SSV G/G Wand and whip? Any advantage to the "fat boy" wand that can hold more material, or does the regular wand hold plenty of herb?

Does anyone know if Da Budda g/g wand/whip will work well?

Cheers

The DBV wand should work fine. The SSV is a little thicker glass, but the diameter of the ground glass bowl is the same. Let us know how it works out for you guys. Here's what mine ended up looking like. Sorry for the crappy photo

urYa5EV.jpg

Last edited:

JetLife1

What is the advantage to using an SSV wand as opposed to just dumping material on a screen in the ddave adapt?

JetLife1,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
What is the advantage to using an SSV wand as opposed to just dumping material on a screen in the ddave adapt?
And Ease of use...Fully enclosed herbs in the SSV, to stir just lift out of adapter and shake. When done with session, remove wand and in a short time it's cool enough to dump and/or reload.

The adapter never needs to be removed from the heater and contributes to heat retention during a session.

Last edited:

bkpnsux

And Ease of use...Fully enclosed herbs in the SSV, to stir just lift out of adapter and shake. When done with session, remove wand and in a short time it's cool enough to dump and/or reload.

The adapter never needs to be removed from the heater and contributes to heat retention during a session.

Hi DDave, thanks for the great ideas for performance advancements of this wonderful device.

I just got my F/F adapters from DLgate and they look like they will work great, I just need to source some screens.

I'm going to start hunting for a SSV wand/whip kit and I was curious what you mean about the herb being fully enclosed.. Does the wand have two screens? I thought you ran one in your F/F adapter with herb on it and another one further up in the wand?

Thanks

bkpnsux,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hi DDave, thanks for the great ideas for performance advancements of this wonderful device.

I just got my F/F adapters from DLgate and they look like they will work great, I just need to source some screens.

I'm going to start hunting for a SSV wand/whip kit and I was curious what you mean about the herb being fully enclosed.. Does the wand have two screens? I thought you ran one in your F/F adapter with herb on it and another one further up in the wand?

Thanks
@bkpnsux Glad to help! I agree, this is an awesome vape!

Regarding the screens, this pic shows it best. Red line is where the SSV Wand screen is located. This screen is only removed for cleaning. The green circle shows where an Arizer EQ Elbow Screen can be inserted. This fully encloses the herb and makes for the super-easy use of the device!

images

(This photo shows a fully loaded wand, which does not process the herb as efficiently as a 1/3 loaded wand.... this was discovered after the photo was taken...)

In regards to the US Quarter Sized screen in the "DDave" adapter itself, yeah you can definitely use this configuration as you would the original cyclone bowl, but I only use mine vape with the fully enclosed SSV Wand, so that screen has really become unnecessary.

Note: the Arizer elbow screens don't always fit snugly into the wand mouth. If they don't, it's very easy to remedy. Just pinch the screen on each end, the open end on say your thumb, the bottom end on your finger and push them together very slightly. This widens the screen slightly and keeps the Arizer elbow screen nice and tight in the mouth of the SSV Wand.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. :rockon:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
images

(This photo shows a fully loaded wand, which does not process the herb as efficiently as a 1/3 loaded wand.... this was discovered after the photo was taken...)

I took this photo 3 years ago, I don't remember that far back, :p. 62mm, f4.0, ISO 1250. I can't believe I used to pack that much, :rofl:. What a noob.

I wonder if anyone has found/tried an 18mm female to 18mm female glass on glass adapter to try and replace the cyclone bowl?

And the page after, :brow:

Tweak,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I took this photo 3 years ago, I don't remember that far back, :p. 62mm, f4.0, ISO 1250. I can't believe I used to pack that much, :rofl:. What a noob.

And the page after, :brow:
That you did. I don't recall the original photo with line and circle, but thanks for its use. Has saved me a ton of typing when trying to describe the double screen setup.

The wand and the right :tup: 18mm f/f adapter really make the EQ into a performer...

Sungodv

Got my 3rd 18mm X 2 Female (and a freakin' Test tube clamp [DDave] :bang: ) and while it's cool it's closer to the heater, a 1" screen swims in it and allows material to get past it. Dammit :goon:

Sungodv,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@Sungodv , test tube clamp works well with stock cyclone bowl when that black coating wears off. With adapter that accommodates a screen, not so well.

How big is your screen? Mine, size of US Quarter, doesn't move in the adapter at all.

Hey there, just got my extreme q and used it for the first time. Dont get the SSV wand til tomorrow I believe. Before I even got it I just decided to go to my local smoke shop, they had all connectors for 8 bucks, so i just got the F/F there haha. But I also got an idea for making a much better balloon system with that bite valve. It works extremely well, I'll put up a picture of it if anyone would like to see haha. All in all it only cost me about $20 to make a far superior balloon system, thats straight glass into the balloon. The taste is AMAZING.

Last edited:
GreenSkier,

Sungodv

I stated the size in my post. Measure a quarter...an inch, right? :cool:
:peace:

Dammit, even with a 1" screen being ever so slightly larger than a Quarter, I would really need about a 1.25" with this new one. The seller showed exactly what I broke previously, but sent something different. It's got a middle larger than either female opening! Fills the hole in the Q pretty well though. Kind of a large squared shape middle compared to two others I broke which where a small smooth slope. They are doing the right thing and are paying the return shipping. I'll look locally before I get another one on eBay, but won't pay more in total. There's a picture of this 3rd DDAave adapter (DDA) somewhere in the thread. I can make it work, but a screen swims in it and drops material down past the screen when you stop your pull. If I could get a large enough screen it would be even better than my previous DDAs as it fills the hole in the Q with it's large middle and is a bit lower to the heater.
My shrink wrap is still excellent on both Cyclones, btw.
Wonder if anybody ever tried to put their own shrink wrap on DDA in lieu of using a clamp? They do sell 18mm wrap that would shrink down perfectly. It's costly though, but somebody could sell these heat proof DDA's on eBay and make some $ maybe to recoup some of da cost of the shrink.

Last edited:
Sungodv,
Top Bottom