The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I don't know if you've waded through the entire thread, I used a SSV wand instead of the elbow, worked quite well and would hold much more than the elbow screen and would probably work even better with your adapter. I would use the elbow screen to hold the contents in place while the SSV stock screen would prevent it from being sucked into the wand. You could watch the vapor flow through the wand and adjust your draw speed. This also allows for stirring for max extraction.
dsc2762q.jpg

@Tweak - Hi, on your advice :clap:, ordered and received an SSV Wand.

First off, Wow! It's bigger than I expected. Could one direct-draw from it, without attaching a whip hose? I'm imagining low temp flavor-blasts! Oh great, I just drooled! :drool: (hmmm, tonight's testing will reveal).

Secondly, looking at your picture in relation to the wand I received, I notice a difference. Just above the top of the cyclone bowl in your picture, is that sand? If it is, is it for diffusion or filtering?

Thanks much! I'm so looking forward to testing this wand in conjuction with the F/F adapter! :science:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Secondly, looking at your picture in relation to the wand I received, I notice a difference. Just above the top of the cyclone bowl in your picture, is that sand? If it is, is it for diffusion or filtering?

Thanks much! I'm so looking forward to testing this wand in conjuction with the F/F adapter! :science:

I have to give credit to TNK who gave me the idea. The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

The golden goo? Or the yellow and blue coloring?
dsc2753.jpg

The goo is a mix of resin + ABV dust. You can see where the SSV hose is shoved in and it stops. I hope you bought the SSV hose, much better than the stock EQ hose and I'm not sure how the EQ hose will mate to the SSV wand.

abhishek

Hello
My friend ,wants to buy this Vape , I will be importing it to India, for her.
She asked me to order a few addons or accessories ,as well. And I have only been able to add Extreme in my cart , and am super confused about accessories..so guys, please help me decide a few Accessories.. BTW she already owns a last gen Volcano..its the one without any display..

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Cannabis Connoisseur,

Stock PVC SUCKS!!!!

It's the same as with my HerbalAire before: at first PVC is noticeable and then this aspect vanishes. My most immediate concern is about stifness since the adapter's arm behaves exactly like a lever mechanically coupled to my whip tube...

Why do they even give you that crap?

Once PVC hints were gone i found desirable to reduce my whip length by half, hoping to use the remaining part during shisha style sessions, when the extra length is justified and/or simply required. My new PVC whip tube termination ending could be conveniently reshaped by submitting it to a few ice-cold/boiling-hot cycles (under water), with a 3/8" drill bit inserted over a distance of ½", resulting in a perfect mate-ending for my now shorter glass Arizer Extreme elbow adapter + tube + straw/mouthpiece counterpart. Addition of a water accessory between those 2 pieces of PVC tubing is a suitable option, water-filtration comes handy with dry leaves it seems.

The slightly larger PVC tube (over the 1st half inch length) provides enough clearance to insert its glass mating end effortlessly while, once installed, PVC plastic tends to stick to the glass surfaces. Since there are ridges on an Arizer Extreme glass straw/mouthpiece this implies that stiffer contact doesn't occur before insertion has been nearly completed (consequently disconnection only takes a little bit of twisting/pulling, with 2 hands more often than not)...

I would want you to first try my product at its best potential.

Have no worries, i've also evaluated some good "bio". Too bad though i didn't have more experience with this machine as its convection system sure calls for a ritual of its own i would say...

:peace:

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Hello
My friend ,wants to buy this Vape , I will be importing it to India, for her.
She asked me to order a few addons or accessories ,as well. And I have only been able to add Extreme in my cart , and am super confused about accessories..so guys, please help me decide a few Accessories.. BTW she already owns a last gen Volcano..its the one without any display..

If you're quick you can still get in on this, and buy one at 40% off:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/arizer-extremeq
LESS THAN TWO HOURS LEFT AT TIME OF THIS POSTING.

I don't know what it'll quote to ship to India, but from America to Australia it only wanted US$24.

As far as accessories go, just get a cheap bubbler of some sort elsewhere (The Q already comes with enough whip GonG adapters to hook it up), and some silicone hose to replace the stock tubing.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Too late to edit the above, but the offer got extended six hours as they added a new lower drop point. If you want to grab a cheap Q, you can have one for $129.99 plus shipping, if another 30 people buy within the next 40 minutes. If they don't, it's $139.99. At $130, though, it's compelling to buy one just for spares. You'd spend that replacing all the breakables once each, but this way you get a spare Q base unit too.

Anonymouse,

abhishek

Too late to edit the above, but the offer got extended six hours as they added a new lower drop point. If you want to grab a cheap Q, you can have one for $129.99 plus shipping, if another 30 people buy within the next 40 minutes. If they don't, it's $139.99. At $130, though, it's compelling to buy one just for spares. You'd spend that replacing all the breakables once each, but this way you get a spare Q base unit too.
I will be buying through PV or a EU site called Vapefeind..
These 2 sites are really good for international orders as they help international buyers to save duty, and agree to label the package as something else,(kitchen utensils sometimes :D)
So mass drop is outta question...bro can u recommend a bubbler which will work with both Extreme and Solo.
Thanks

abhishek,

samirfuzzywuzzy

So after using that DDave adapter for a week or two so far i feel that its a huge difference over the stock cyclone bowl. I find my self using the EQ more often now. I also ordered the SSV wand to see what that does for me. Someone on eBay currently has more ddave adapters if anyone needs one.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Link? Always wanted a shorter F to F, but every one I bought ended up having a flare at the weld too wide to go down the tunnel in the Q. Bloody annoying, but this shit happens when you have to buy all your glass based off photos only. :/

Anonymouse,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
SSV wand in a shorty adapter now that sounds like its gonna work like a dream!!!

samirfuzzywuzzy, And It did!!! What an amazing combination and change in performance with F/F adapter and SSV Wand (regular, not fatty wand, as the regular wand would hold alot of material if desired).

On Tweak's advice and TNK's idea, used the SSV Wand in conjunction with an elbow screen. Whip tubing in the SSV Wand at approx the same length as the EQ whip. First thing I noticed = Where did the drag go? :o Seriously, there was barely any drag in relation to the stock EQ whip! What a nice change that made! :nod: Second thing I noticed was getting blazed and unable to continue a normal length session. Seems to be able to more effeciently extract vapor from the product with about 1/2 the draws normally required when using an EQ elbow.

Amazingly, I thought I was happy with just the improvements from the use of the F/F adapter. This is yet another variation on the glass used with the EQ that has yielded another VERY nice set of results. From my experience, the F/F and SSV Wand combo would make a great hit and run session for one, or packing the wand a bit more, a nice quick shared session.

So, with the pieces I have to mix & match, I have the following configurations and experience:
- Stock Elbow and Cyclone: standard EQ performance
- Stock Elbow and "DDave F/F adapter" used in Cyclone bowl mode :cool: = less product used, more flavor, greater number of flavored draws.
- Stock Elbow and "DDave F/F adapter" used in Elbow Pack mode = increased elbow pack performance significantly, more vapor.
- SSV Wand and "DDave F/F adapter" = Much greater vapor, greater extraction from each draw. LESS DRAG! I believe this will be method of choice now! :tup:
- SSV Wand and stock Cyclone Bowl = TBD (to be determined, not tested yet).

I remain amazed at the versatility of the unit and the variations in performance dependent on the glass pieces used. I feel like I have 4 different units that can be brought out dependent on the type of session desired (ex. quick and powerful, slow and flavorfull, highly sedating or boosting energy).

Have an awesome weekend everyone! :party:

samirfuzzywuzzy

samirfuzzywuzzy, And It did!!! What an amazing combination and change in performance with F/F adapter and SSV Wand (regular, not fatty wand, as the regular wand would hold alot of material if desired).

On Tweak's advice and TNK's idea, used the SSV Wand in conjunction with an elbow screen. Whip tubing in the SSV Wand at approx the same length as the EQ whip. First thing I noticed = Where did the drag go? :o Seriously, there was barely any drag in relation to the stock EQ whip! What a nice change that made! :nod: Second thing I noticed was getting blazed and unable to continue a normal length session. Seems to be able to more effeciently extract vapor from the product with about 1/2 the draws normally required when using an EQ elbow.

Amazingly, I thought I was happy with just the improvements from the use of the F/F adapter. This is yet another variation on the glass used with the EQ that has yielded another VERY nice set of results. From my experience, the F/F and SSV Wand combo would make a great hit and run session for one, or packing the wand a bit more, a nice quick shared session.

So, with the pieces I have to mix & match, I have the following configurations and experience:
- Stock Elbow and Cyclone: standard EQ performance
- Stock Elbow and "DDave F/F adapter" used in Cyclone bowl mode :cool: = less product used, more flavor, greater number of flavored draws.
- Stock Elbow and "DDave F/F adapter" used in Elbow Pack mode = increased elbow pack performance significantly, more vapor.
- SSV Wand and "DDave F/F adapter" = Much greater vapor, greater extraction from each draw. LESS DRAG! I believe this will be method of choice now! :tup:
- SSV Wand and stock Cyclone Bowl = TBD (to be determined, not tested yet).

I remain amazed at the versatility of the unit and the variations in performance dependent on the glass pieces used. I feel like I have 4 different units that can be brought out dependent on the type of session desired (ex. quick and powerful, slow and flavorfull, highly sedating or boosting energy).

Have an awesome weekend everyone! :party:

right on the money if you ask me. Im testing a similar wand (do not know what unit its from) until my ssv wand comes. I think its the "da budda" wand from my friends old unit. I noticed the increased flow as you stated especially when using my larger water tools. It also fills my water tools much more densely then stock pieces.

For some reason i was not expecting this amount of vapor production with this amount of flow. I could have swore it was going to taste airy and the heater wasn't going to keep up. WOW is all I can say. I think DDAVE you have put together some great ideas to make a Mega super duper idea.

samirfuzzywuzzy,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
right on the money if you ask me. Im testing a similar wand (do not know what unit its from) until my ssv wand comes. I think its the "da budda" wand from my friends old unit. I noticed the increased flow as you stated especially when using my larger water tools. It also fills my water tools much more densely then stock pieces.

For some reason i was not expecting this amount of vapor production with this amount of flow. I could have swore it was going to taste airy and the heater wasn't going to keep up. WOW is all I can say. I think DDAVE you have put together some great ideas to make a Mega super duper idea.

Thanks! I am really pleased with the results I have seen and glad to share with all! Has really made the EQ into a versatile, performing machine for me. (And since I will always be looking into further glass variations now, any chance to a link of a picture of the wand you are using currently?) Does it look like this? http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/custom-glass/wands/da-buddha-wand.html

Link? Always wanted a shorter F to F, but every one I bought ended up having a flare at the weld too wide to go down the tunnel in the Q. Bloody annoying, but this shit happens when you have to buy all your glass based off photos only. :/

This one fits quite nicely...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130962884679

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

Tweak

T\/\/34|<

You will also find that with the SSV wand there is much more reclaim available (golden goo). The hottest and densest vapor particles will stick to the glass and is much safer/easier to reclaim than from the whip, and you will need to clean the whip less because the goo and dust particles will settle in the wand.

Glad to see your having fun. I'll admit the EQ was the funnest vaporizer I've owned to mod. I even used the SSV wand along with a raised screen in the Cyclone so I could do away with the elbow screen, via a paperclip shaped like a spring.

The DBV wand is made by the same company, 7th floor. I haven't used one but I would guess it is quite similar to the SSV wand minus the added colour. It may also be slightly less thick, but that is just a guess.

I haven't been on the FC.com forums in quite some time, but I have to chime in here and say something about Arizer's customer support; IT IS OUTSTANDING!

I bought my "V-Tower Extreme" (as it was called back in those days) directly from Arizer in September 2008, shortly after learning about this website. Every time I contacted them via email I always received a quick reply and they were very helpful. When I ordered extra pieces I'd occasionally receive a free gift. It may not sound like much, but to me that's just good business.

Now fast forward to a week ago. I don't want to bore you with a long story, but my E stopped working. After exchanging emails with the people at Arizer and trying different things it was determined that the problem was more than likely the heating element which is covered by a lifetime warranty. I figured I would have to send the unit back to them for repair and they would then return it to me. Instead they sent me a link in an email so I could pay shipping charges ($30) and they are sending me a warranty replacement unit. I just wanted to get my five-year-old E fixed and it looks like I'll be getting an Extreme Q (just the main unit), expected to be delivered next Wednesday. How cool is that?

Liberty

What are anyone's favorite temperatures (or temperature ranges) for using the V-Tower with a bong?

Also, I tried the hot water instead of cold and the hits are much smoother.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
You will also find that with the SSV wand there is much more reclaim available (golden goo). The hottest and densest vapor particles will stick to the glass and is much safer/easier to reclaim than from the whip, and you will need to clean the whip less because the goo and dust particles will settle in the wand.
Very nice! Can't wait to start "claiming" reclaim! :drool: And less whip cleaning or tubing replacement is really great to hear!

Glad to see your having fun. I'll admit the EQ was the funnest vaporizer I've owned to mod. I even used the SSV wand along with a raised screen in the Cyclone so I could do away with the elbow screen, via a paperclip shaped like a spring.

Couldn't agree more! Admittedly, am really having a blast! I was really satisfied with the versatility of the unit before all the glass mods. Now, overly pleased (and the fun rating went off the scale!)

The DBV wand is made by the same company, 7th floor. I haven't used one but I would guess it is quite similar to the SSV wand minus the added colour. It may also be slightly less thick, but that is just a guess.

From the looks of the pictures, would say you're spot on in comparison of the two wands. I would take the SSV wand over it's smaller sibling mostly due to as Aesthetics (it's aweful purty) and a bit because being larger, I believe it would be less-likely to heat up to the point of burning fingers.

And when compared to the elbow, the wand is just sweet to see on the unit, easier to work with (packing, handling, controlling the product, dumping etc). The wand seems safer as well, through all my test sessions and leaving the wand parked on top of the unit, it's never gotten too hot to touch (save for the part with ground glass that rests on F/F or cyclone).

And lastly, the wand has now replaced my elbow, as the elbow screen can still be packed on the end of the wand and cyclone bowl loosely packed herbs tumble and spin the same as with the elbow.

Shagga

Hello everyone :wave:, first post on these forums but I've been a lurker for quite some time.. Just got my extreme q last week and I have been loving the amount of vapor I get with how little im putting in there.. This is my first vape but I used to use my friends volcano for awhile but the whip is a whole new beast for me..

I've been reading most of the pages on this thread and I think Im ready to start adding a few mods to it, mainly Daves powerbowl and the SSV Wand/whip..The one in Daves original link is sold out so I was wondering if this one would work just as well http://www.ebay.com/itm/18MM-FEMALE...476?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a83de2ef4

Also for the SSV wand im guessing hands free would be the only one that would fit the extreme q bowl correct? Sorry for these noob questions, long time smoker here but I'm like a little kid when it comes to vapes. :D

Shagga,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hi Shagga,

Welcome! :wave:

That bowl looks to be exactly the same. Nice price too!!! There's another similar-looking bowl to avoid, having a much larger, thicker glass ring around the middle. So long as the adapter you receive from the link is as pictured, it will fit just fine.

The link to the wand I purchased is below. (FYI, Any wand with an 18mm male connector should fit).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271242678548?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Enjoy & have fun! :tup:

DDave,
Reactions: Shagga

Shagga

Awesome! Thank you for the speedy reply! I'm gonna order both of those today and see how they work out :)

Now it's time to go start up the trusty Q!

Edit: Looks like there are 5 more of the same exact bowls DDave has being sold by the same seller for the same price.. Just bought that one instead and in case anyone wants one there are only a few left! http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-mm-Femal...222?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7ef8bc46

Last edited:
Shagga,
Top Bottom