The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

samirfuzzywuzzy

Like an 18mm male>female extender?
3vn1.jpg

I'm sure if you ask nicely Mike @ OGB will hook you up with a handle for a couple extra coins. He has been extremely nice to work with and ships fast.

see now this is exactly the type stuff I was talking about a few weeks ago. Some one in this thread kept cutting me off and telling me he did the experiments a year ago and its not worth it. Ok i'm distracted..........Thats not the important part anyway.

Im sure with the low adapter I have and/or things like this female to male which I searched for for hours and not even one picture. Where do you guys find this stuff so fast? I can can modify the EQ to give at least some performance gain. Im loving what my lower adapter has done for my elbow pack method. It really does work good now that i'm getting used to the way that it operates

samirfuzzywuzzy,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Where do you guys find this stuff so fast? I can can modify the EQ to give at least some performance gain.
Mike (OGB) has everything you would need or could make it for you. Really cool guy and his work is top notch. He made my Cloud buddy for me and it is a blessing.

Every male 18mm adapter I have from Mike fits a VXC ELB, very tight. I wonder if this adapter would give just enough clearance to fit a ELB inside the male end and then sit the female end on top of the EQ's heater. This would give the extra clearance to invert the EQ or use a Hydratube. With the ELB in place you could also remove the top EQ screen, since the ELB would act as one.

Or just put this 18mm male end into a bubbler, drop a screen in, then invert the EQ on top. The heater would be mm's away.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
EDIT: Great progress and results on the various mods, guys!!! :rockon:

EDIT EDIT: Just picked up my new female/female adapter and it does indeed fit perfectly on to the Q. Thanks DDave for that link. In a couple weeks I hope to try my own tests (which is part of the fun, no?).

Anytime, hope it serves you as well as it's serving me. Really looking forward to hearing the creative ways that are discovered to use the adapter in conjuction with the glass/water pieces available! :nod:

DDave,

Reflo

To those who are using non stock glass, How do you deal with the heat? I have an 18mm male to 14mm male as a hookup for volcano easy valves but the piece gets so hot after a bag. I wrapped teflon tape around the center and it helps but i was wondering if anyone figured out anything easier.

Reflo,
Reactions: Teedub

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
^^^LMAO^^^

I am having nothing but heavy cloud sessions with my method. In fact I gotta find an 18mm female stand so I have a place to put my glass down when I pull.

The reason I recommend staying away from an ELB fight over the core utilizing an adapter as opposed to adapting directly to the cyclone is simply because I just remove my adapter after my hit. Guess what, I don't lose any product to heat radiating to my weed like the cloud. Heat rises - if you go female to male directly covering the core IMO doesn't really give you pay room.

I'm getting monster hits using the cyclone because it directs the heat upward in a vortex. This is also important to prevent over heating the core too.

Try it. I promise.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
To those who are using non stock glass, How do you deal with the heat? I have an 18mm male to 14mm male as a hookup for volcano easy valves but the piece gets so hot after a bag. I wrapped teflon tape around the center and it helps but i was wondering if anyone figured out anything easier.

Hi Reflo, Would this help deal with the heat?
7oev.jpg

Just used DDave's 18-18 adapter method.
Six minutes pass...then I couldn't feel my fucking face...at all.:smug:
This is a whole new machine...and to think I almost bought a LSV!
Thank you FC and DDave! Your the fucking best!

goatgobaahh: Awesome! Glad you see the performance gains as well and I agree, it's like a whole new machine! :tup: Thank you for your kind words! (Which I gladly share with the entire FC community! 8 months ago, I was a combuster... Thanks to FC and its awesome members, NEVER AGAIN!)...

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Is anyone home? The cyclone bowl is a necessary piece to the performance. I am TRYING to tell you what your doing may not be good for the Q. With no offense, 8 months of vaporization tells me there's a long way to go to become a master.

If you all have seen the design by hops adding a hydra tube to the extreme Q arsenal you will clearly see that they too found the design that attached to the cyclone bowl! Theres a fucking reason for that - the unit wasn't built to resrict heat the in one concentrated area by being covered with a damn female adapter.

The cyclone bowl is designed to get that fucking trapped heat OUT! Pay attention to what I'm say - yes DDave is getting great results - but I promise his fucking EQ ain't making it another 8 months!

Take advise from me, I'm trying to save you the trouble that I already learned. I'm here to help!

Anyone feel free to let me know in a PM how I came to what I did using the cyclone bowl with a glass on glass connection to an HT. I am willing to help any of you and I only get aggravated because everybody is giving credit to someone who may break your fucking unit.

Dave - your idea is fucking awesome, I'm just afraid it's dangerous too!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
... but I promise his fucking EQ ain't making it another 8 months!

(Responses in order of posts above)

@mvapes: Reminder to check in regarding EQ status set on calendar for April 18th, 2014....
Thanks for the props on the idea! For me, to bring herb closer to heater, the adapter was easier than opening the EQ to move the heater or heater cover up.

@momofthegoons&mvapes: acknowledged. On Monday I will reach out to Arizer in the hopes of discussing with them.

@FC Community: DISCLAIMER: On the chance that the adapter I found/use would cause an unforseen effect with your EQs, please use with care until this can be verified or dismissed. (See my posts regarding the wooden holder I use for all the Arizer glass bowls and the test tube clamp I use as a bowl holder.) Advise removing the adapter from the unit if will be left unmonitored for an extended period of time.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<

Wow, really?

Imo, adding a huge chunk of glass and water on-top of a piece of electronics that is not designed to handle the stress is more dangerous than changing out one of the glass adapters. The only thing holding the EQ's glass heater cover in place is plastic. It is not built like the Cloud.

6cap.jpg

I purposely removed the middle glass section of my cyclone bowl and found it helped tremendously. The 3 cyclone bowls I owned all varied in the size of the output hole. I see no reason that removing this or changing the adapter all together would shorten the life of the EQ. Are you saying because it causes back pressure?

Is it stressing the Heater more? I haven't heard of many EQ's heaters failing, there isn't much too them too fail. It's usually the electronics on the inside, the external power unit, or the glass heater cover breaking.

I promise his fucking EQ ain't making it another 8 months!

That's a pretty bold claim.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Tweak - think about it - you have a conical shaped male gong extension with only one air outlet - the tip. What happens to forced up or drawn up I should say through a narrowed exit? You get a vortex, right? Agreed, a small one but lets keep on that - if you stuff another conical shaped piece of glass over that again what happens to all that exhaust? It sits! Hence why when you pull on it DDaves way he gets monstrous hits from forced air built up with that little pyramid of glass! That's all well and good but what happens when your not pulling? It fucking builds up, and guess what...because you've decided to block it's only way out with an Elb - what happens? Hot air + plus circuitry = ?

Yes, but the cloud does it! Yes it does, but the cloud not only has a huge wide opened air-path with exit below plus the fact the had the glass blown in a similar fashion to inside out bamboo.

Why they did this was a way to eliminate uneven air build up!

Turn the Q upside down and tell me what you see? Let me guess, it's not an air path or exhaust like the cloud.

I'm not trying to be a douche, I play with my stuff as much as the next guy. 5 Years I've invested countless money and time to become as knowledgeable as I am today. And I trust, I don't know much myself but I have learned that we need to trust the manufacturer with their design. That fucking cyclone bowl was specifically designed to do what it does. What happens if you blow your unit and you tell arizer that you changed the capacity of the air-path? They will kindly show you back to the page where you can once again purchase your new Q. Is this a fact, no - but who wants to take the chance?

goatgobaahh

How about Two metal clips to keep it far from the heating source when not in use....take one off when you take a hit...Problem solved?

goatgobaahh,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Why all that trouble when you could just do what I did and eliminate the glass erector set? :cool:

18 mm male to male with an elb in the bottom half inserted into cyclone. One adapter - done.

I am not going to derail the thread over this, just leave it alone, do whatever you guy's want. Back to your regular scheduled programming.

YOU DID WHAT? Why? Lmao My wife read your post looked at,me and said " Babe, your balls get hot?

Haha, what a good laugh! No, I was using it with my bubbler in conjunction with a 19mm female-equipped bowl - that is, I was using the Q as a heating element for a waterpipe vaporizer setup. Constantly turning the Q 180 degrees, end over end was getting slightly stressful on my wrists, so I set it on its side for a bit. Obviously the very effective heat dissipation of the Extreme relies on that heat escaping up and away from the body of the vape.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: mvapes

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
fwiw . . . I have 2 male-end adapters and an ELB can be just squashed to fit inside either. (So I ruined that ELB for Cloud use.) But because there is a slight flare at the top to accommodate the cap, the ELB does not go all the way into them. I wasn't happy using the ELB inside the adapter, and in particular, when I tried it with an HT I barely got vapor. I didn't try turning the Q up to 260C, IMO that sorta defeated the purpose.

What I do expect will probably work is to use a female/female with an ELB inside the Q's glass elbow. I think that eliminates any heat retention concern, by just lifting off the whip/glass elbow. The ELB fits into the elbow quite well, so if there is any advantage to it over DDave's custom screen/elbow-pack, that should be evident. If the ELB performs, it would also be easier to load and handle than the screen/elbow-pack.

I wasn't able to test using DDave's setup with an HT because my female/female adapter didn't fit right. A Q elbow-screen fits in my male adapters, but not flush and so there was a slight air leak, in addition to the female not sitting snug on the Q. I'm not sure the HT will add much value in this configuration. Still, I'll give this another try now that I have the right female/female and the seal will be much better.

:2c:

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: DDave

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
ya i don't fully understand that overheating by not using a cyclone.. it seems the heat would dissipate just as well, if not faster w/ a shorty f/f 18mm.. rather than the cyclone bowl?? especially w/o disc in the middle.. i personally am struggling to under stand what exactly you are saying mvapes... i must be missing an important detail in what your saying.:shrug:.. it gets confusing talking about different adapters and parts of the vape and shit.. i must be missing or misunderstanding something i guess?? :hmm: :cheers:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
ya i don't fully understand that overheating by not using a cyclone.. it seems the heat would dissipate just as well, if not faster w/ a shorty f/f 18mm.. rather than the cyclone bowl?? especially w/o disc in the middle.. i personally am struggling to under stand what exactly you are saying mvapes... i must be missing an important detail in what your saying.:shrug:.. it gets confusing talking about different adapters and parts of the vape and shit.. i must be missing or misunderstanding something i guess?? :hmm: :cheers:
I was about to write a similar post, but Buildozer beat me to it. I am definitely missing something, too.

Confusion is just a state of mind for me, so that's not unusual.

:peace:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I tried Ddaves way and I get beautiful hits too. With a female to male directly over the heater. The male (on top) easily took an elb. After 6 or so pulls on an HT the glass became blazing hot. Since you can't remove the ELB between hit's the load itself stops the air from escaping unless you remove the adapter in between hits.

I found that doing it the way OBG is doing worked just as good. I use the cyclone bowl and when I am ready to attach the HT I place my male to male in the cyclone with an ELB on the lower half that inserts into the Cyclone.

I attach my HT to the top end and I get big hits plus my male joint can be removed between hits to allow some ventilation to the core.

Essentially I am following the exact same method used with an Arizer Elbow joint as the manufacturer recommends.

I am NOT saying anyone's ideas wouldn't work but in my playing around I found that the female to male got way to hot. I apologize if I didn't explain it correctly but this is what I found. And I forgot to mention with the female to male and the ELB so close to the core when not drawing I saw vapor releasing from the ELB. I also didn't want to chance losing product.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I tried Ddaves way and I get beautiful hits too. With a female to male directly over the heater. The male (on top) easily took an elb.

But Ddaves is using a Female/Female adapter with a EQ elbow inserted on top.

20130815_123219.jpg

After 6 or so pulls on an HT the glass became blazing hot. Since you can't remove the ELB between hit's the load itself stops the air from escaping unless you remove the adapter in between hits.

So did it ruin your EQ? Are you saying that the heater is going to be ruined because it gets hot? Isn't that what it is supposed to do?

I thought the EQ has a built in thermostat that kicks the heater on when needed, leaves it off when not needed. So I figure by blocking the path it isn't going to just keep heating up, it will stop when it reaches it's desired temp.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
^^^I could always count on you to mess with my mind :mental: this is obviously why I have Parkinson's Disease! :disgust:

Looks good Tweak - I'll have to try that sometime. Thanks for the pics:tup:

Top Bottom