The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
20130813_140757_zpsfb1da4d3.jpg

Using a female/male with the ELB in the male end? I got that to work functionally, but it just wasn't satisfying enough. It's been over a year so my memory is sketchy, but I seem to recall needing to take a lot harder draw and higher temp than I like for less vapor than I like. Might have been my different HT. Or maybe 'cause the Cloud was sitting next to it and I just said fuck it. :rolleyes:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I had the ELB on the male end and had to run the unit at 469 to get visible vapor. All in all it wasn't very successful on my first attempt with weed. However my results when adding winterized clean oil to that weed it was like going deep on John Holmes.

But oil vaporizes at a lower temp with much less density so.....

But I ain't done trying....:brow:

EDIT: Ok, so I am really enjoying the EQ. I've submitted the results of my research and the fact that I'm high makes it apparent that this is a device for me.

Here's my findings so far:

This mother fucker heats up quick. I have it set up like I have my Hi set up and when I'm about to use I crank up the temp and within a minute or two I'm puffing.

The taste is fantastic in my opinion almost as good the cloud. As good, NO - don't put pressure on me cause you know I loved my now defunct cloud! The EQ is damn close though.

Easily adapted to water - but IMO it's built to serve multiple purposes as opposed to the cloud in which water was it friend! Not a fair comparison. (I WILL GET THAT HT TO WORK)

Now, I'm fucking digging the fan. I'm using it as an assisted lung and doubling my capacity and am getting super stoned!

So all in all, not a cloud or a Hi - but extremely worthy of my starting line up!

Last edited:

oldiebutgoodie

I had the ELB on the male end and had to run the unit at 469 to get visible vapor. All in all it wasn't very successful on my first attempt with weed . . .

I think the prospects are good with a female/female as discussed earlier, with the top half acting as a reduced cyclone bowl, incl using the Q elbow.

Using the ELB or the HT is another animal. Perhaps with the above adapter being closer to the heat source, the ELB could be substituted inside an attached male/male (i.e., 2 adapters), although I don't see how the properties unique to the ELB/Cloud combination would come into play. Probably will be better to use just the single female/female and short-whip it to a conventional glass piece GonG.

I'm gonna play with this too in a few weeks. Maybe you'll save me the time - or grief. :lol:

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: mvapes

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
every now and then i wonder.. has any one ever tried putting a cyclone bowl/elbow/whip on top of a cloud? just pack the cyclone like a party bowl.. i wonder if its too far away to vape right?? maybe if the heat was turned up it would work out? not that i think it would be better or anything, i'm mostly curious if it would work out decent at that distance.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I find when using the using the fan at like 1 or 2 and pairing with water I like cycling through 2 or 3 milk's before pulling the stem and clearing.

I have cut my consumption and have reduced unnecessary strain on the ole lungs. Not that my lungs are old anything...

EDIT: has anyone taken the temp on the Q at the bowl? How much heat is lost from the male heater cover to when it's introduced to the weed.

Last edited:
I believe in the earlier pages Oldie and a couple of others did test on the temps in the bowl I can't recall exactly but thats all I've been preaching about I don't know how accurate the temp is but I got better results with one temp °374f once I changed the type of glass my cyclone bowl was made of and lowered the screen ledge a half inch closer to the heater, this glass holds temp much better than stock

Cannabis Connoisseur,

oldiebutgoodie

every now and then i wonder.. has any one ever tried putting a cyclone bowl/elbow/whip on top of a cloud? just pack the cyclone like a party bowl.. i wonder if its too far away to vape right?? maybe if the heat was turned up it would work out? not that i think it would be better or anything, i'm mostly curious if it would work out decent at that distance.

I tried it and didn't like it. Not only the heat distance factor. The whip adds drag, you don't get the same performance as with an ELB. Worse yet, I also I found it fairly easy to knock over the Cloud.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

Rock On! I just quoted myself! Does that make me :mental:?

Anyhow, test tube clamp arrived today and has worked out much better than planned! Fits on both original Cyclone and new F/F Adapter (seen below fully seated on the heating element) Check out the pics! Order one of these and quit worrying about the black teflon(?) coating of the Cyclone or the silicon-sheathed tough bowl... It won't save you if dropped, though should be much more difficult to do when attached, it will keep you from getting burned.

7oev.jpg

olsh.jpg

ieqb.jpg

tgfp.jpg

Anonymouse

Sith I care
So my Q just croaked. Beeping and not heating up and saying "Er5". :c

Opened it up and an 8-pin surface-mount component had actually fallen off the main circuit board. Arizer outright refuse to sell me a replacement part on rather flimsy excuses, presumably to try to force me to re-buy the base unit, but I have an EVO coming in October now, hopefully, so I'm not gonna replace the whole vape to cover a two-month window.

I'm still interested in repairing it, though. I don't suppose anyone has a spare larger circuit board and we could work something out, or knows where/how I can source one?

Anonymouse,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
eBay, I think, and not very long after they first came out. I don't know where any relevant paperwork is but the chance of there being any sort of warranty coverage is extremely low.

Anonymouse,
Sorry to hear that bro, I can't really be of any assistance I bought mine from an Ebay dealer too its just one I do lots of business with and I would recommend him but I understand you're not looking for a purchase, I hope you have a substitute Vape to carry you till your EVO comes. I still cant distinguish between the Cloud, Evo, Eagle, or Nimbus. Hell i just know I want one but the cost of running my Family Circus eats those dreams for breakfast lol

Cannabis Connoisseur,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've decided for many reason's to wait till the second generation of the EVO. To be honest the Q can get me through as it fucks me up.

I am continuing to work on my Q and coming to a real class on glass experience. If I succeed, between the Q and the Hi I feel real comfortable running with those for a while.

oldiebutgoodie

eBay, I think, and not very long after they first came out. I don't know where any relevant paperwork is but the chance of there being any sort of warranty coverage is extremely low.

If your unit goes back to the earliest so-called "version 4", then the board is not the same as the current unit, and other system components are probably different, too (like the fan). And it's out of warranty by now. Your best bet might be to find an appliance/small equipment electrician (as opposed to a electrical contractor). One of the guys who services our HVAC systems does repairs on the side, even has a board tester. The cost is usually very reasonable. Just fwiw.

oldiebutgoodie,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
After finding someone to try and repair my defunct cloud take my word for it DON'T DO IT! Honestly, I found a few for sale on ebay for like 125 bucks. Your better off upgrading the unit mouse.

If your unit goes back to the earliest so-called "version 4", then the board is not the same as the current unit, and other system components are probably different, too (like the fan). And it's out of warranty by now. Your best bet might be to find an appliance/small equipment electrician (as opposed to a electrical contractor). One of the guys who services our HVAC systems does repairs on the side, even has a board tester. The cost is usually very reasonable. Just fwiw.
Oldie do you think the cloud ishands down the beat Vape youve used in comparison to theQ and others youve used?

Cannabis Connoisseur,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
The cloud offers the best flavor of all vapes IMO. It's perpetuheat system is fantastic. Unfortunately on the original cloud tere was a much higher rate of failure than was made public I believe.

I don't want to derail this thread but put it this way, after having an engineer/fabricator open my cloud up and look over the gut's with me I'm hesitant on the EVO until I see what's inside.

The cloud offers the best flavor of all vapes IMO. It's perpetuheat system is fantastic. Unfortunately on the original cloud tere was a much higher rate of failure than was made public I believe.

I don't want to derail this thread but put it this way, after having an engineer/fabricator open my cloud up and look over the gut's with me I'm hesitant on the EVO until I see what's inside.
Wow thanks!! Long live the incredible affordable EQ

Cannabis Connoisseur,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Anyhow, test tube clamp arrived today and has worked out much better than planned! Fits on both original Cyclone and new F/F Adapter (seen below fully seated on the heating element)

Hah, nice Ddave. Where were you when I had my EQ, :p. My biggest gripe was getting burnt by the cyclone bowl. May I ask where you got the f/f adapter?

Oldie and Mvapes, this idea hit me awhile ago but I never gave it much thought, I was wondering if it where possible to shove the EQ's glass heater cover upwards to give it room for the ELB to fit inside. That would put the ELB right above the heater and should result in a much higher temperature.

has any one ever tried putting a cyclone bowl/elbow/whip on top of a cloud?

Yeah I also tried with my SSV wand and didn't have much luck. I didn't try cranking the heat though.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Oldie and Mvapes, this idea hit me awhile ago but I never gave it much thought, I was wondering if it where possible to shove the EQ's glass heater cover upwards to give it room for the ELB to fit inside. That would put the ELB right above the heater and should result in a much higher temperature.

Not an option, as there's a flare/peg in the base of the glass stem that engages a notch in the holder clamp and prevents it being pulled out, but means it also can only be installed at one depth. You'd have to have some custom glass made to try this; a heater cover about an inch longer than normal with the same notch in the base, and that also has a joint that perfectly fits an ELB with no leak.

I've yet to find ANY male 18mm joint that will seal properly along the whole length of an ELB, though, so good luck. It's always super loose, only seals right at the tip of the joint with the rest of the length not touching the glass walls, or it doesn't even fit in the hole in the first place.

Top Bottom