The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
http://www.delta.com.tw/product/cp/dcfans/download/pdf/BFB/BFB40x40x10mm.pdf

BFB0412HA

Not sure if you can order straight from delta, and if so I wonder if Arizer has made any changes to the design.

BCVapo - You could also try removing the fan, removing the sticker, and putting a few drops of oil in the bearings.

I had forgotten that the fan model was changed to one that is encased. You might try compressed air or turning the blades by hand lest debris has somehow gotten lodged inside. I can't determine if the bearing is accessible with this design. I found it avail at pchub.com.

oldiebutgoodie,

BCVapo

Great advice thank you. I'm going to pick up some compressed air today at NCIX and I'll look for a small bit of proper oil as well. I'll just go sans fans for now and replace it when i get a chance, sounds fairly simple to do.

About the elbow pack, I basically drop the material in and pack it just light enough that it won't fall. You need a good draw through it without crating drag. I sometimes will dump 'n mix and repack the elbow, but i usually don't bother. It does get a hot spot.

I find with tolerance, I need a couple elbow packs though, so sometimes I just use the cyclone to get baked for real much quicker.

BCVapo,

jonny_

Jonathan
Hey everyone, i am now a proud owner of the extreme q, I just bought it from my roommate yesterday for $140. I was wondering, has anyone had success in hooking up a volcano easy valve onto the extreme bag? This would be very convenient as you wont have to keep your finger over the mouthpiece on the bag

jonny_,

oldiebutgoodie

Hey everyone, i am now a proud owner of the extreme q, I just bought it from my roommate yesterday for $140. I was wondering, has anyone had success in hooking up a volcano easy valve onto the extreme bag? This would be very convenient as you wont have to keep your finger over the mouthpiece on the bag

IIRC this has been been discussed more than once in this thread. I suggest you use the Search feature. Use a boolean statement like "extreme AND volcano AND valve", and in the box below limit the search to "Vaporizer Discussion".

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

IIRC this has been been discussed more than once in this thread. I suggest you use the Search feature. Use a boolean statement like "extreme AND volcano AND valve", and in the box below limit the search to "Vaporizer Discussion".

oldiebutgoodie,

Imhi

Old member
D:\Mijn documenten\Foto's\Niek\Extreme Q\Elbow 1.jpg
D:\Mijn documenten\Foto's\Niek\Extreme Q\Elbow 2.jpg
D:\Mijn documenten\Foto's\Niek\Extreme Q\Elbow 3.jpg
Elbow trouble

I’ve been using the Extreme Q for a while now and I have found the elbowpiece to be a weak link. It’s design is no good. Inside it the hot air is first slammed against a dead end wall and then forced into a very tiny passage, dumping much of it’s load in the process and clogging it up quickly. Beside that the user misses out on some of the good stuff. Also the elbow is hard to clean and breaks easily.

I am sure I am not the first to find a way to eliminate the elbow completely. I use the hardened glass bit left over from a broken elbow, a glass mouthpiece and a half inch of tubing. See pics.

Imhi,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You need to upload these pictures to maybe imageshack.us, addresses on your hdd won't work as internet urls. This forum doesn't upload.

Seek,

highthere

I've got a triple perc cheap glass piece from Frederick McGuire at Clasifields. Imo as tricky to clean as HT and thick glass that already suvived few smashes and knockovers. I was told it has one fixable issue with the inline perc (opened end defeating the purpose of slits), doesn't bother, I've fixed it (blocked) and it works great. I think I've already got the Glass Acquisition Syndrome. I want to have a choice when I get my Cloud. Not only the HT. Imo this will complement the showerdome well. Fritted disk being a dream, but that has to wait as my cash isn't infinite.

Anyway, here is a vid. Screen modded EQ -> inverted cyclone bowl with efficient .1g chamber -> the bub. Youtube told me the vid was shaky and offered correction. "Hell why no?". It made the vid a bit trippy. First hit 190, second 200.
That's a great setup you've got going. I think we may have the exact same bubbler, if not very similar:
hrV7C.jpg

You say the opened end of the inline perc defeats the purpose of the slits; I'd never noticed it before, but you're right. How exactly did you fix it? I like to switch between this and a nice mid-size bong with a dome perc.

highthere,
Reactions: NaS71

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Get and object small enough to go through the intake but bigger than the opening. It will block it while pulling and then the underpressure will keep it there. Glass ball could be good. You can then think of it like you can choose if you want open end and less diffusion and chuggy pull or the inline which works nicely when the opening is blocked for extreme diffusion and quiet smooth pulls.

Also be carefull that the piece will not get any shocks - these trees are the weakest spots and it's very bad if they break. My top one is already broken just knocking it over. Not even falling. It was hell getting out glass shard of the whole tree. The bottom tree seems to be more durable. I will never ever leave the EQ on top without holding it ever.

Also a piece this complex needs to be clean to taste well and in my experiece just using salted water and after session rinsing with cold or hot water keeps in clean like a miracle.

Seek,

highthere

Get and object small enough to go through the intake but bigger than the opening. It will block it while pulling and then the underpressure will keep it there. Glass ball could be good. You can then think of it like you can choose if you want open end and less diffusion and chuggy pull or the inline which works nicely when the opening is blocked for extreme diffusion and quiet smooth pulls.

Also be carefull that the piece will not get any shocks - these trees are the weakest spots and it's very bad if they break. My top one is already broken just knocking it over. Not even falling. It was hell getting out glass shard of the whole tree. The bottom tree seems to be more durable. I will never ever leave the EQ on top without holding it ever.

Also a piece this complex needs to be clean to taste well and in my experiece just using salted water and after session rinsing with cold or hot water keeps in clean like a miracle.
Wow, that was an extremely easy fix. I had a bottle of these "magic marble" from a couple years ago; they're just squishy marble pretty much, and it worked perfectly:
http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Marbles-Small-Box-Kit/dp/B00200JX5G

And thanks for the advice! So far it seems to be holding up well, but I'll make sure to be extra careful. When I need to clean mine I tend to use hot water + salt, or 99% ISO + salt. It usually works well.

highthere,

u bwade wunner

has anyone had success in hooking up a volcano easy valve onto the extreme bag?
Hey Jonny Welcome to FC..Enjoy the ride.

To hook up the easy valve is simple:)

The E~Qualcano

you'll need one of these
images

and one of these to adapt the bag adapter 14mm to the cyclone bowl 18mm

Just use it like you would the volcano

I use my Eq exclusively with the bag.the easy valve bag works great.it will cost you less than $50 to set this up.I can pump a bag on Fan setting 3 in seconds.

Oh yes and use turkey or smaller oven bags.The eq bags droop and dont hold there shape to well.The oven bags will stand vertically even when empty.

Let us know how you get on and how it compares to your e friends volcano.

I use this system with The EQ mod.With The Eq Mod temp needs to be at 150-165 degC or it will taste harsh or combust if you push it too far.Im getting 4 bags from a elbow screen load.Happy days.

Imhi

Old member
Sorry, can't seem to post the pictures.

With thanks to Seek.

(should have done this before getting stoned)

This is what it's about:

Elbow trouble
I’ve been using the Extreme Q for a while now and I have found the elbowpiece to be a weak link. It’s design is no good. Inside it the hot air is first slammed against a dead end wall and then forced into a very tiny passage, dumping much of it’s load in the process and clogging it up quickly. Beside that the user misses out on some of the good stuff. Also the elbow is hard to clean and breaks easily.

I am sure I am not the first to find a way to eliminate the elbow completely. I use the hardened glass bit left over from a broken elbow, a glass mouthpiece and a half inch of tubing. See pics.

scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php

Imhi,
Reactions: Tweak

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You getting close, but it needs to be a direct link to the image, not link to page, that contains it - that works for URLs, not IMGs. Go there, click the image with right button, copy it's adress and put it here and it should show.

Well, I can do it:
elbow2.jpg
elbow3.jpg
elbow1v.jpg

Seek,

Imhi

Old member
You getting close, but it needs to be a direct link to the image, not link to page, that contains it - that works for URLs, not IMGs. Go there, click the image with right button, copy it's adress and put it here and it should show.

Thanks again Seek, I finally figured it out.

Given the nature of this forum they shouldn't make posting a picture so complicated.

Imhi,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
It is compicated only when the picture is not already on the internet (then you just post it's address as IMG) and when you upload it for the first time. Imageshack doesn't give you the direct link so there can be confusion. If you want direct link you can try tinypic.com - that gives you 4 variantions of the link, the bottom one being the direct for this use and one already in IMG brackets.

I think there is 1000% more learing involved in how use the EQ effectively than how to upload an image. :) Vapes are complicated.

Seek,
Reactions: Imhi

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Elbow trouble
I’ve been using the Extreme Q for a while now and I have found the elbowpiece to be a weak link. It’s design is no good. Inside it the hot air is first slammed against a dead end wall and then forced into a very tiny passage, dumping much of it’s load in the process and clogging it up quickly.

I agree completely. Air travels much easier over a straight path, eliminating the 90 degree bend should help a bunch.

I've recently picked up some 45 degree Silver Surfer Water Pipe adapters (18mm) and have found these to be the least restrictive elbows I have come across. So wide in fact that the elbow screen barely fits into mine and is barely holding on. It's too bad I don't have my EQ any more cause I'd love to try this elbow.

Tweak,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
When I do inverse hitting, the elbow piece is actually good. With inverse hitting I don't need to have a domed screen in the elbow and it cathes particles that managed to get through the cyclone bowl screen - so clean vapor is going into my waterpipe and no particles to mess it up.

Seek,

AdmiralAlpacha

What is inverse hitting?

And I use an elbow piece from a different vape (I think it is an SSV) it has more of a 45 degree elbow rather than the 90 degree that you get with the standard piece. Seems to be working really well so far

AdmiralAlpacha,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Inverse doesn't need to be into water-piece. Sometimes I inverse hit only with cyclone bowl and whip. Putting EQ (upside down) to the rubber end and whip to the bottom and hold it like that during hit and then disconnect. Inverse hitting is good for no worries about herb getting where you don't want it by pulling. Cons are it's upside down and setup for a hit - so no glass preheat for inverse hitting.

Seek,

JJd2sc

Hey guys,

I've had my Q closing on 2 years now. I've enjoyed the hell out of it mainly using elbow packs and bags. For some reason as of late, my hits have really really started to get thin and weak. I've tried changing the amount in the elbow, playing with the temperatures (I start at 195 and go to 205 generally), and scraping the elbow a bit. The herb doesn't change to the same level of darkness it did before, even after turning the heat up a bit.

I generally have it on all day every day... I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Anyone else experience something like this?

JJd2sc,

AdmiralAlpacha

When I use my whip it always seems wispy and my abv is always very light, I've never been sure if I am doing it wrong or if its how the whip just is, I have a lung problem so I am never sure my technique is correct.

I use to not use the whip much

AdmiralAlpacha,

oldiebutgoodie

@JJd2sc,

Assuming it's not the herb and that you haven't changed how you're packing the elbow, try raising the temp to ~230 or even more; does that have any effect? And re leaving the unit on all day (but not presumably not loaded), IIRC others have posted that they do the same. Personally I wouldn't do that just because it's conceivable that could it shorten the life of the unit.

@AdmiralAlpacha,

Running Fan 3 with the whip is in effect like taking a passive draw. With a sufficient load (~.15g) in the Cyclone you should get plenty of vapor, just like into the bag. I've had bronchial issues in the past which made the drag from the whip a problem for me, so with the whip I would toggle Fan 2 to push the vapor for me instead, or I used the bag. (Consequently I stopped using a whip at all, and wanting a better experience than the bag, I switched to a zero drag vaporizer.)

oldiebutgoodie,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Consequently I stopped using a whip at all, and wanting a better experience than the bag, I switched to a zero drag vaporizer.

Good point. I'd contemplated removing the bottom plastic air vent to help with the drag but didn't wanna void my warranty. But not even sure than would help as the drag seams to be coming from the vent next to the fan.

JJd2sc - Also make sure that your screens are completely clean. I've noticed a huge difference lately with just a semi dirty/clogged screen vs 100% clean one.

And you might wanna take your unit apart for a good cleaning. Two years of buildup from dust and dropped product could be an issue.

Tweak,
Top Bottom