The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
JCat -

Just fyi, if you try a 18mm F/F, double-check the adapter height and shape. I bought a nice one from ALT (for experimenting with my Cloud) and discovered that the Q's heater joint is located too far below the bezel for the adapter to make a seal. (The adapter has a middle glass ring that stops it at the bezel).

As far as raising the screen, the easiest way I saw that done was with the "paper clip trick". Personally I just shape the screen concave, which raises the herb a bit (although not as much) and makes for a tight fit so no material gets down around it into the unit. If packed right the "cyclone effect" seems to work somewhat OK for air turbulence, but a couple of stirs are still required.

If you decide to drill, by all means share your process and results. :science:

oldiebutgoodie,

JCat

Accessory Maker
The way I raise the screens is I hold one side of it through the bottom with a little wooden stick (stir stick size?), and slowly ... ever so slowly ... push the other side down until it is even ... it's a little fiddly and usually takes 2-3 tries, but once you get good at it it's not too bad ... I've been considering removing the middle somehow but haven't figured out how yet ... grinding seems the most logical but also seems kind of dangerous! ... I'd rather just buy a custom bowl with the middle already gone :-)

Maybe I should stop fiddling with my EQ and just wait patiently for my Cloud! ... fiddling's kind of fun though so what the heck :-) ... and I'll probably be waiting a while for my cloud since I just ordered it this week!

JCat,

oldiebutgoodie

Maybe I should stop fiddling with my EQ and just wait patiently for my Cloud! ... fiddling's kind of fun though so what the heck :-) ... and I'll probably be waiting a while for my cloud since I just ordered it this week!

I confess that my Q is only seeing social situation duty now. It's not that the Cloud isn't great in a group, but I sorta wore myself out doing the mini-tutorials and supervision. Everyone was having a great time but me. So I'm glad I kept my Q close at hand.

Still, no harm in fiddling. However, I wouldn't be surprised that your Cloud will be ready by early Fall. The remaining pre-orderers have been notified to place their orders, which tends to support the rumor that volume is about to take a substantial step up. And once you have your Cloud . . . well, game over.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
I confess that my Q is only seeing social situation duty now. It's not that the Cloud isn't great in a group, but I sorta wore myself out doing the mini-tutorials and supervision. Everyone was having a great time but me. So I'm glad I kept my Q close at hand.

Still, no harm in fiddling. However, I wouldn't be surprised that your Cloud will be ready by early Fall. The remaining pre-orderers have been notified to place their orders, which tends to support the rumor that volume is about to take a substantial step up. Once you have your Cloud . . . well, game over.

Agree that once I see my Cloud, that will probably be it for everything else but my Solo (portable) and maybe my Volcano (for party situations or maybe for at the lake?) ... just have to figure out how I'm going to tell my wife about the Cloud ... "Well honey, there's this new vaporizer, the Cloud ... yes I know I've bought 9 vaporizers already in just over a year .... " ... sigh ... this isn't going to be easy :-)

JCat,

oldiebutgoodie

Agree that once I see my Cloud, that will probably be it for everything else but my Solo (portable) and maybe my Volcano (for party situations or maybe for at the lake?) ... just have to figure out how I'm going to tell my wife about the Cloud ... "Well honey, there's this new vaporizer, the Cloud ... yes I know I've bought 9 vaporizers already in just over a year .... " ... sigh ... this isn't going to be easy :-)

I admire your challenge. At least you (presumably) got in early enough for the pre-order price. When I told my wife I used those always magic words especially dear to the ladies . . . "it's on sale!". :)

oldiebutgoodie,

TNK

well I would like to chime in on this
I don't own the cloud but after I produced three vapes in six months, I was told that I have three vapes and only one pair of lungs! I snapped back and said that she had a closet full of shoes and only one pair of feet.
Lesson to be learned.
Do not take this approach.

u bwade wunner

Its $450 for a cloud I think f you sign up and I m sure right now it's being pulled apart by every potential manufacturer eager to improve and bring out a better system and make a killing..Maybe we ll see a new improved EQ or similar next year which will take us to the next level and we will want to shell out more cash again:D.VAS is real for sure.How do we convince our better halves we need a new improved EQ or EZ or whatever hits the shelves next year?.and/or should we just stick with the trusty EQ which never lets us down!... Love my Eq and my visitors faces when they see bags fill up with vapor for the first time.

u bwade wunner,

damienm420

Does anyone else have a hard time getting the herb really dark? I have to turn up my q to 500 and it still take awhile to get it dark. Also one of my other q's, the heater cover is loose, and idk how, I let a friend borrow it. Can this be bad or affect the sessions?

Oh, and when I say hc, I mean the whole glass top piece only, it wobbles side to side.

damienm420,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Does anyone else have a hard time getting the herb really dark?

Yes. First few hits are huge and great, but I can never get it cooked unless I let it sit in the elbow screen. But even when its still green its giving me that burnt popcorn taste, which is a cue for me its done. I just chalked it up to the strain I was vaping, IDK.

Tweak,

damienm420

Yes. First few hits are huge and great, but I can never get it cooked unless I let it sit in the elbow screen. But even when its still green its giving me that burnt popcorn taste, which is a cue for me its done. I just chalked it up to the strain I was vaping, IDK.

Yaa, that's how mine is. I found that packing the cyclone bowl helped more than leaving the bud loose. I also might think it depends on strain. Maybe not sure yet. I was vaping reggy, but I'm gonna vape some bubba Kush later tonight after I get back from the gym. I get too high and forget to post back though lol so check back tomorrow if not tonight :)

damienm420,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I can get it cooked completely only with baloons (slow airflow enough) or inverse hits. Regulatr whip hits make the herb very dry before the end and then it'S hard to get more vapor as it moves away from the airflow. The airflow in the EQ is very selective you have to force it to go through herb.

Seek,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Elbo packs always left me hating. It is far from the heater and the worst and stirring is clumsy, herb sits upside down only because its sticky. My elbow pack loads always started to fall out (dry) before the sesh was over. Iverse hitting the elbow pack could help this. But I lik the modded bowl more, it's like elbo pack inverse hitting, but as near to the heater as the cyclone bowl pack.

Seek,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'd love to try that modded bowl. It seems like a cool solution.

I just hated the way that 75% of the heated air is blocked by the lip inside the cyclone bowl. At least with elbow packs the air heats the herbs a lot more evenly and consistently. I've had elbow packs succumb to the forced of gravity as well. It's easily noticable as the vapor productions drops considerably as soon as the herb drops into the cyclone bowl.

:peace:

Stu,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Well, in the cyclone bowl it is way easier to shake/stir, so I've always got even results using the cyclone (unmodded). The modded one solves the lip, but only if you draw slow or inverse. The inverse hitting also seems more efficient to me. I think it also utilizes some underpressuse as with the inverse hitting, the hole acts the same way as in the VXC.

Seek,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Can you inverse hit your modded bowl without the screen basket or herb falling? I have to admit that I've not tried anything that involved moving my stationary EQ, so I really have no idea.

Stu,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
With inverse hitting you need only one screen. Where you hold the herbs if you use modded bowl (cyclone bowl can let herbs down when its screen moves, modded bowls hold tightly when made well and don't let any large particles through) you can use the elbow without screen. If you use elbow pack inverted, you don't need to have a screen in the cyclone. With inverse hitting, the hot air touches herbs first, like in the SSV. The only con of the inverse hitting is that the setup need to be held upside down if you want to keep you ceramic clean.

I do it like this:
1) Connect the modded bowl to the whip. So the cyclone bowl aims upwards.
2) Put the mouthpiece in mouth.
3) Grab EQ, turn it upside down, connect, and HIT AS I WANT.
4) Disconnect the EQ, turn it back and put it back on table.
5) Optional - now you can disconnect the bowl and put it on the table and leave or stir it. It can be stirred in place, but that can mess up the elbow with some fine particles.
If you did 5, repeat from 1, else from 2.

Seek,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Elbo packs always left me hating. It is far from the heater and the worst and stirring is clumsy, herb sits upside down only because its sticky. My elbow pack loads always started to fall out (dry) before the sesh was over. Iverse hitting the elbow pack could help this. But I lik the modded bowl more, it's like elbo pack inverse hitting, but as near to the heater as the cyclone bowl pack.

You must be doing something wrong...it doesn't fall but if it does its such a small portion...anyway I do elbow and end up with normal cyclobowl mod (1 stir) at 200C... I can get great sessions...onlt wish vapor quality was like the solo

m0sh,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
m0sh: Try to stir it and then get it back without it falling out when its dry already. If I don't stir it many times doesn't fall out, right only small portion. But it's not even, has to be stirred. Just having this bowl upside down is pain in *ss. Imo it's better to have EQ upside down instead of the bowl.

Seek,

m0sh

m0sh: Try to stir it and then get it back without it falling out when its dry already. If I don't stir it many times doesn't fall out, right only small portion. But it's not even, has to be stirred. Just having this bowl upside down is pain in *ss. Imo it's better to have EQ upside down instead of the bowl.

Well, I don't stir with the Elbow pack but I don't see a reason too do so but ok mate I understand...if you pack it correctly (.16 IE) there's no need for stirring...or minimal stirring...but ABV not even I agree...yet I move to cyclobowl after 1 stir and it works well.

m0sh,

m0sh

Well its all brown by the end of it(1 stir)...if you put too much then IMO you will have to stir but if you don't pack too much - I sometimes don't stir at all

m0sh,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've got a triple perc cheap glass piece from Frederick McGuire at Clasifields. Imo as tricky to clean as HT and thick glass that already suvived few smashes and knockovers. I was told it has one fixable issue with the inline perc (opened end defeating the purpose of slits), doesn't bother, I've fixed it (blocked) and it works great. I think I've already got the Glass Acquisition Syndrome. I want to have a choice when I get my Cloud. Not only the HT. Imo this will complement the showerdome well. Fritted disk being a dream, but that has to wait as my cash isn't infinite.

Anyway, here is a vid. Screen modded EQ -> inverted cyclone bowl with efficient .1g chamber -> the bub. Youtube told me the vid was shaky and offered correction. "Hell why no?". It made the vid a bit trippy. First hit 190, second 200.

I've looked around the forums and haven't seen much of anything on vapor bonging in general and definitely not specific to the Extreme Q. So have any of you successfully vapor bonged with your EQ and if so how do I manage to set that up. What will I need to buy, do, etc.? Thanks in advance!

stttonedfc,

fidget

If you get a bong with an 18 joint then just attach an elbow to each end of pipe (I use about 18")
Pack the elbow and vape away.
With a 14 joint you'll need an adapter like in this pic :)
2nlftea.jpg

fidget,
Top Bottom