The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

u bwade wunner

How do you like that setup?

i love how the EQ hits.Theres something about it i can t describe easy, kinda happy go lucky kind of hit.it puts me in a nice space.I m not using it as much prefering the stealth and portability of my other vapes.but I will come back to it.Variety is nice for sure.

it hits great.thick clouds and no combustion no black spots unless you crank it right up. id love to try some of your e californian home grown in there.I use it with a double bubble, same as what Fredirick uses.

the EQ keeps constant temps even when using water.I just need a longer male gong maybe a lsv wand,which ill cut and use as a heater cover and then drop one of them twobit cloud elb screens :lol: in there.Id be interested to know how it copes with a bigger load.I think it might just work Stu.

u bwade wunner,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
"twobit cloud elb screens"? I'd love to buy some of those for two bits.... unfortunately I'm waiting in line to pay 1400 bits for some.

Good luck with the Q mod. Sounds interesting indeed.

:peace:

Stu,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
That setup look powerful, but must do a lot of conduction heating too. I would vape everything when I load it if I had this setup to prevent any leaks.

Just now I use my tuff bowl (non-modded yet). It is pure convection I can get a hit and leave it. Work great in inverse whip style, but needs at least 0.2g to work well. If I wanted smalled volumes I would need to mod it. This way any EQ owner can do the inverse whip. Just load the cyclone as you would, but switch the two end. Put EQ upside down in that end where herbs are (regular bowls have black rubber there) and whip into the other end. Enjoy the clouds.

Seek,

u bwade wunner

I'm waiting in line to pay 1400 bits for some..

thanks Man
I feel your e pain stu:lol:.I contacted vxhale and got a reply from about buying some elb screens.they can send them and they are reasonable enough.I will have to revisit the EQ just for shits and giggles sometime soon.

I would vape everything when I load it if I had this setup to prevent any leaks.

I pull the screens out between hits if i dont want carry on or leave it cooking in the gong.there is the new hydratube called the F Bomb coming from planet vape any day now.that is what i had in mind to use with it.

lot of conduction heating too

there is some conduction but lots of hot convection Seek but it doesnt heat the stainless screen to combustion temps.What i like about the EQ also is the ability to be able to tame the beast with the remote.keeps the temps right where i want them.start off on 165 deg C.I guess im gonna get this girl out of limbo to play this weekend:D

Nice mod you have there Seek and yes why cut and grind when you can play with the stock unit.totally agree with you:tup:

u bwade wunner,

dannkk

I didn't get mind cleared out quite that much, but it's basically the same thing I did to the bowl. I don't think all the rest there is really necessary. With the bowl cleared out, elbow packs work great, even if the element is far away.

Wish the shops around me supported vapes better. They all hate them. They say once someone buys a vape, they don't come back for anything. Kind of true...was over year before I went back once I got mine lol.

dannkk,

hogleg

The EQ is a smashing home vape.Here is what I did to improve things a little:lol:

The issue for me was the heat source is too far away from the material and I figured out pretty soon.The heater on the EQ is steady and very powerful.Theres not much heatloss during use.So to improve the EQ experience I modded mine just like Seek way back.Then I went a little further.The idea was to combine the EQ with a LSV wand for an all glass airpath.In the end I moved onto a smaller indoor vape for stealth reasons.The EQ surfaces now and again.It works really well.

ok a few photos

i raised the heater cover to allow the elbow screen to sit inside the gong.material is trapped between the two screens and sits very close to the ceramic element.you adjust youre temps a little to compensate
20120427134233.jpg

below Here is the double screen setup:tup: material is held inside just like that twobit vape the cloud:)

20120427134245.jpg

below this is a view of the the screens down through the fully opened cyclone bowl.I ve used a tuffbowl and curled over the silicone sleeve on the tuff bowl so it sits in the chamber around the heater cover.It supports the heater cover when in use.The heater cover is still surprisingly firm even though i ve lifted it.the silicone just helps to hold it really firm.It adds stability.

20120427134304.jpg

below here is how it looks when armed.The rolled up silicone on the tuffbowl holds the raised heater cover steady in the EQ

20120427134313.jpg

below here are the the two pieces that get hit by the steady heat from the EQ.sorry about the dirty bowl:D

20120427140110.jpg

This was me playing about and I m posting a few pics..If you want to do this pls get someone qualified to do it.I dont wanna be responsible for youre mishaps during youre modding adventures.Cheers and as always take Care!and play safe.
Cool stuff, UBW. :cool:

How do you like that setup?

love it I am doing this right away except you are covering the air path on the top of the eq it has to come from the bottom otherwise through the electronics

hogleg,

dannkk

You haven't had yours apart yet? Air needs to come through the bottom anyway. The heater cover is encased in plastic right over the fan. All the air comes thought the bottom and up this path.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Very impressive......tweaks

Someone say my name, :tinfoil:. LoL
I've been rockin the EQ for a couple months now. :love:it. But much like the users on here, I thought it could still be a better performer. So I tried several mods, from the elbow pack to the raised screen (worked great), but still kept reading about how the SSV was the king.

Several users mentioned how the use of a smaller bowl would help, so that was my next venture. Finally on page 145 of this very thread, I found user TNK's mod, using a ground glass SSV whip in place of the elbow and thought I'd give it a try.

dsc2763v.jpg

Holds much more than an elbow pack.

dsc2762q.jpg

Using the Tough cyclone bowl with silicone sleeve removed. I can watch blend turn from green to brown.

dsc2752k.jpg

Best to use with water filtering. I found the SSV wand lets tons of pollen/debris into the air path, my guess is through the sides where the screen meets glass.

I have found this mod has quenched my lust for big clouds. :clap:

Positives
+ fit more blend than elbow pack
+ thick hits until blend is finished
+ much less honey build up on tube, most stays in wand.
I had to clean my EQ elbow at least once a week or honey would start leaking into tube
+ can use a larger tube - standard tube works too

Negatives
- lets a lot of debris/pollen thru
- doesn't fit as much as cyclone bowl
- different size screen than EQ
- farther from the heater/compensate by using higher temp
Not sure if this is good or bad. IMO it shouldn't make that much difference. I've found its almost impossible to burn your blend when you're that far from the heat source.
- still using two screens, one elbow screen and one SSV wand screen
I've tried laying the EQ down and using no elbow screen, but I didn't see much reward vs risk, hits seems equal.

My next venture is to remove the bottom plate and remove the plastic grating for air intake. Maybe figure some way of adding a replaceable filter that can be cleaned. Also thinking of a way to cover the electronic board so its isolated from air path, maybe Silicone caulking would work? I'm guessing though that this would void my warranty so I'll probably wait awhile. I'm happy as of now, :smug:

Venomous

Wondering if someone could help out. I saw a mouth piece bubbler in one of these threads a few months ago and can't find it. It hooks up to the end of the whip and looks like its a shower head bubbler of some sort on the mouth piece. Does anyone know who makes these? Thanks!

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Also, for anyone interested or needing to replace there stock EQ fan, from the break-down I've seen posted on this thread, it is this fan:

http://www.delta.com.tw/product/cp/dcfans/download/pdf/BFB/BFB40x40x10mm.pdf

BFB0412HA

From my experience, Delta is a great brand.

The Delta is an excellent fan. It's long been one of the top choices for custom computer rigs.

I'm not so sure that is the model though. I can't seem to find the pics of the Q's internals, but I don't recall the fan having that type of housing with its off-center fin placement.

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Yeah I'm not sure if the Delta fan is custom built for EQ or the image they use in there spec sheet is just a generic image.

DC BRUSHLESS MODEL BFB0412HA

You're right, that's exactly the fan (I just looked). What had thrown me off were the pics on this page:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-vaporizer-thread-part-ii.28/page-11

Obviously the design has been substantially changed since.

Omigod, tough enough being an oldie, but using old data, too???!!! :ko:

oldiebutgoodie,

Venomous

Deltas are extremely loud fans however. Thanks for the link to the aquavape, that's what I was looking for.

Venomous,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Deltas are extremely loud fans however.

The Delta 120mm extreme are the extremely loud ones, putting out 220 CFM @ 65db. Them little guys could remove a fingertip, hah. The one in the EQ is only rated for 32.5 db. :tup:

Tweak,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Another negative besides the $ is the herb is tooooooooo far from the heat source.

How is that a big deal? Will the heat be just less temp by the time it reaches? Couldn't you just compensate on the EQ with a higher temp?

I genuinely wonder, I've heard this several times on this forum.

Tweak,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Another negative besides the $ is the herb is tooooooooo far from the heat source.

I'm confused by this statement. Surely the herb will still be in it's normal place in the cyclone bowl and the 'hydratube-alike' just takes the place of a whip.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Cool review Tweak, thanks for reading my post

Thanks for the idea. I'd seen others post with there modified bowls but couldn't find something as easily accessible like the SSV wand. Last night while searching for the vaporfection aqua vape I found the vaporfection glass herbal container that looks like it would work too, but its $10 more than the SSV wand.

BTW, did you have to adjust your temperature when moving from just the cyclone bowl? With my bubbler I wasn't getting much vapor at my normal cyclone bowl temp (180), not until I reached 200 would I get clouds. But since moving back to just whip I'm back down to below 200 with the SSV wand.

Tweak,
Top Bottom