The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Venomous

Wow, packed the bowl, let her warm up for 15 mins and began hitting it at 200 with the fan on 1. I was so fricken vaped it's not even funny. I literally had to lay down. Wow! I guess I need to take two hits off the whip instead of 10 next time!

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Wow, packed the bowl, let her warm up for 15 mins and began hitting it at 200 with the fan on 1. I was so fricken vaped it's not even funny. I literally had to lay down. Wow! I guess I need to take two hits off the whip instead of 10 next time!

I seem to recall reading not long ago . . .

Not digging the cyclone bowl at all.

I think that's called progress. :lol:

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
damn, looks like the 2012 Q's are no longer for $145 on rockwise's eBay listing. I was just waiting to get confirmation on a summer job before I was gonna pull the plug on one of those :|

TwztedVaper,

oldiebutgoodie

damn, looks like the 2012 Q's are no longer for $145 on rockwise's eBay listing. I was just waiting to get confirmation on a summer job before I was gonna pull the plug on one of those :|

Wouldn't hurt to send Rockwise a msg asking if another such deal might be in the works. (Did you know he started this thread >2 yrs ago?)

oldiebutgoodie,

Venomous

I bought mine on eBay for 179 shipped and it came with a grinder. It arrived with a broken elbow attached to the whip but the seller immediately sent out a replacement without an issue promptly. Mine took only two days to arrive. I ordered it on a Sunday and it came tue.

Venomous,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Well, since you put it that way . . . :rolleyes:

Your first problem is probably that you're using the elbow pack with the bag. The pack is really intended for dense hits off the whip. IME the results are much better using the Cyclone with the bag.

But just fyi, the elbow pack should just be tight enough so that the herb doesn't fall out, just tapped down. It can be filled almost to its rim; when you gently press it down with your finger you'll create a slight concave shape. You want to use a fine grind, but not too fine and definitely not powder. After a few hits, the pack needs to be gently stirred because a hot spot tends to build in the center; that can be done with the glass stir stick or similar and then tapped down. Some also use Fan2 or Fan3 to aid in the pull. But again, this is whip method.

The Cyclone should definitely not be tamped down. That restricts the airflow and the cyclone effect. Once again, a fine grind but too much. And it's best that the herb be fully dried, but not dried out.

As far as the cyclone effect and the fan speed, that depends a lot of the size of load, which you determine based on how much vapor you want to produce and how far your particular herb stretches, i.e., it's potency. The way the cyclone effect works is that the elbow screen creates back-pressure into the bowl, and it's shape induces circulation. With a small or even medium load, it's possible that Fan 3 will just blow through the herb - you'll notice the herb being pushed to the sides. If you want that fast a delivery, stop once or twice and stir the bowl; also check if the elbow screen is clogged, and if so, clear it with the stir stick. As a rough guideline IME at least, I find that Fan1 works better with a small load, Fan2 with a medium load, and Fan3 with a larger load. Even with the small and medium loads, you should stir at least once (with a medium load I stir twice because I prefer one dense bag over two less dense bags). The load should never be beyond the bottom rim of the black teflon coating, and unless you're doing a group session, will usually be well below that. With a medium load you can usually get about 2 bags and with a large load maybe even 3 (the third will probably be thin). But again, this will vary with your technique and herb.

The Q is quite versatile. That allows the user to fine-tune their technique for exactly the desired result. But it also requires some experimentation. Just be methodical in how you go about it, trying this and that until you get where you want to be. Everyone is different.

Does that help?
That's some good work there OBG! :rockon: Great post! Keep 'em comin' !!

Welcome to FC Vermontoker! Cheers!

Bluntcrush,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I bought a few off ebay from myrubberneck. They were like $137 a piece. Oh by the way,,,,,,did I just read somebody did an elbow pack with the bag???? :lmao:

Jeppy,
Speaking of Ebay sellers, Thorz Thunder likes to auction Extreme Q bag kits (2 mouthpeices, 4 bags, 4 o-rings) and the they tend to end under 5 dollars including shipping. I just got one and, having never used the Extreme-brand bags, am amazed by how quiet they are compared to Volcano or Herbalaire bags. There's no "krinkle," just the sound of the fan. I also didn't feel like going through the chore of using the O-rings to seal the bag, and instead used about a foot of hemp string to just tie it airtight, and it's holding up great.

My Q continues to be an amazing oil vape with the use of a cut up and reshaped Volcano liquid pad.

charliedontsurf,

vape4life

Banned for life
Wouldn't hurt to send Rockwise a msg asking if another such deal might be in the works. (Did you know he started this thread >2 yrs ago?)

It was limited pricing so I doubt it will return, but you never know. I'm actually glad, maybe i'll get some bites in my classified ad! lol

vape4life,

quillquip

sedulus discipulus
Hey i'm looking how to make a valve bag for the arizer. I saw on a couple forums people talking about them but nobody went into detail. I couldn't find anything on you tube, so far i love the vape and the balloons are awesome i just wish they had valve option. If anyone has any ideas on how to make one please help, much appreciated =).

You can use a Camelbak HydroLink Conversion Kit as a valve by inserting it into your tubing as a replacement for the stock glass mouthpiece that comes with the Extreme. I have been using one on my whip for about a year now, and imagine it would be equally effective for use with bags.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Good idea Quillquip! Welcome to FC!
I have also used lids from Rubbermaid travel bottles that have the folding straw. (someone else suggested this technique here in this thread forever ago, and it works great!!) You take the straw that comes with the bottle and replace it with silicone tubing. Then you can put your glass bag mouth piece into the tubing after you blow the bag. It's a tight enough seal that you can toss it to your bud across the room and he can toss it back... :D

BTW-Don't throw out the straw from the water bottle tho because it works GREAT as replacement stem for your MFLB :ninja:

Cheers Friends!

Bluntcrush,
Reactions: quillquip

quillquip

sedulus discipulus
I would not have thought to use folding straws, so thanks for the tip. :) Do you have a link to the product, because a search on Amazon for a Rubbermaid bottle did not seem to turn up anything with a straw.

The only bonus I see to using the Camelbak HydroLink is that the Bite Valve automatically seals after you finish your draw. I guess another bonus could be the ability to change the Bite Valve when passing the bag around but, realistically, I think the only people who would be interested in that are germaphobes and people sharing the whip with sick friends -- quite the minority.

BTW - Thanks for the welcome. I had been absent a long while!

Edit: I figured out what you meant by using the folding straw.

CowGuy

I used to own an extreme q but it was seized a while back and I wasn't into concentrates then. Does it handle concentrates well or am I better off getting something like the solo?

CowGuy,

oldiebutgoodie

I used to own an extreme q but it was seized a while back and I wasn't into concentrates then. Does it handle concentrates well or am I better off getting something like the solo?

I can't speak from personal experience, but from posts here, apparently the answer is "yes".

I did half-the leg work for you: Go to Search and use "Extreme AND concentrate" as the search term. Take a look at the hits in the Extreme threads.

oldiebutgoodie,

MrNorml

What fan speed do you guys use to fill the bags? Elbow pack or no elbow pack?
For bags, ... well, to start out, I use the cyclone chamber partially filled plus elbow packed, start at about 395 and over the next like 4 bags which I do in rapid succession I raise temp to maybe 225. Fan speed 2 here. Anything but 3 I think, because I perceive it extracts better at lower speeds. So the 4 bags I do myself off the one load takes up maybe 15 min or so. Fills in maybe 2 minutes or so. Maybe 3. I'm never in such a hurry that 60 seconds or so is going to make or break it. And I cover the glass stem with my finger. Some people don't like that that is necessary, but to me it's no biggie. I like the bags thing because it is an easy to inhale thing. DO NOT SQUEEZE THE BAG!!! And I always at the end of the session fold the bag up and put it away. Care for your bag and it will care for you. Good luck!

I was wondering if anyone here uses water filtration and bags some how? Lately it seems as if my lungs have been getting irritated. I typically use 190c, preheated with the cyclone bowl, blowing up bags.

If a water filtration works with bags, can someone please provide me a link to one.

Thanks
Bags are really dry delivery. Make sure to drink a lot of water during and after the session and you may find a better conclusion to the session.

I don't get a good hit using the cyclone bowl by itself. I can't see this being a brilliant design and wish a glass replacement was made by now. I guess I'll try a different strain and see how it plays out, but with J-1 and it being a hybrid of 80% sativa and 20% indica, it just doesn't hit hard. I have a good indica strain I'll try.

I may also look into adding a small bubbler. Just odd there doesn't seem to be any custom glass or glass pieces people are using condensed in a FAQ already.

I'm familiar with xenforo forum software, looks like the admin needs to resubmit his site map back to google to fix all the broken links. I've tried searching with no luck. Thanks

Many posts here on GonG connections, which are simple to make. The long whip ends in a glass mouthpiece. Put that mouthpiece into the balloon whip, and you are holding 18.8 glass on each end, which fits right into any glasswares I have. As for the hits, remember that vaporization isn't as visible a thing. Some say the best vape is the vape you never see. I think the cyclone bowl is a great design personally but you can flip or rotate or whatever the Q to suite what you want to attach on top of the heater on it. (I.e., it doesn't have to be sitting up on its feet.) But if you hold the thing sideways you could use a cheap box vape whip and glass or whatever you want. It's all standard size.

Mod Note: Please do not make back to back posts. Use your edit button.

MrNorml,

highthere

I recently got a bong/bubbler with an inline diffused downstem and two tree percs, but I'm having a little bit of trouble drawing air through it. I'm guessing the whip just needs cleaned, but I didn't see too much about it over the last several pages. Do I just soak the elbows in some 99% iso, or maybe the entire tube needs cleaned? I usually pack the elbow whether I use it with a piece or not, is that the best way to do it with water pieces? I much prefer it over using it with the bags.

Here's a pic of my setup if anybody's interested:
http://i.imgur.com/hrV7C.jpg

EDIT: Also, are there any other cool tricks/tips I may not have picked up on yet? I'm gonna try and get through a lot of this thread, but I've only had it a few months.

highthere,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I recently got a bong/bubbler with an inline diffused downstem and two tree percs, but I'm having a little bit of trouble drawing air through it. I'm guessing the whip just needs cleaned, but I didn't see too much about it over the last several pages. Do I just soak the elbows in some 99% iso, or maybe the entire tube needs cleaned? I usually pack the elbow whether I use it with a piece or not, is that the best way to do it with water pieces? I much prefer it over using it with the bags.

Here's a pic of my setup if anybody's interested:
http://i.imgur.com/hrV7C.jpg

EDIT: Also, are there any other cool tricks/tips I may not have picked up on yet? I'm gonna try and get through a lot of this thread, but I've only had it a few months.

I'd say it's the whip/elbows/screens that are slowing you up airflow wise...I would replace the tubing, and upgrade to Silicon (just my opinion, but many on the forum love the switch from the PVC to Silicon) You can find info on what size ID and OD, as well as good places to by, all within this forum. I can't think of links of the top of my head, but I believe there is a sticky in the top of one of the forums, like general vaporization discussion, that is about tubing/whip replacement.

I would soak the screens/glass elbows in ISO, and maybe use a tooth brush/qtip to help clean.

When I used my Q like yours is setup, I packed the elbow all the time (being mindful to stir before any one spot got too hot) and had no issues. Now, I've taken the whip out of the equation, and put the EQ straight into the bongs downstem (no whip/elbows/cyclone)

I'd say your best bet would be to vape some sativa, and cruise through this thread, and maybe do a few searches, and you should be all set!

@Venomous, I hear you on having trouble Google searching to find threads here, as they're currently mostly broken...Try using the search that is built into the forum...

:peace:

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Damn, wish I had jumped the gun when they were $145 on Rockwise's page, looks like they're 199 now :(

Have you tried contacting Rockwise, as OBG mentioned?

Another option is the Classified section of FC.
It was limited pricing so I doubt it will return, but you never know. I'm actually glad, maybe i'll get some bites in my classified ad! lol

If you can't get a better deal from Rockwise, then why not get ahold of vape4life? I believe he wants 140CDN, and your location says you may be in Canada.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-extreme-q-v-4-2012-like-new.5373/#post-205790

Purpl3_Haz3,

greenmynci

Hi All,

So i invested in a Extreme-Q around a month ago after much research, and it's proving to be one of the best purchases I've ever made. Not only am i using a LOT less herb , I'm getting higher while doing so !

I've got a couple of questions though i was hoping some of you more seasoned owners could help me with :

When cleaning the whip elbow, what method do you use to remove the tubing ? My tubing seems to be really securely 'stuck' on, and im worried about breaking the elbow in trying to pull the tubing off.

I'd like to use my bong with the extreme Q and from reading this thread (up to page 62 so far!) the way to go seems to be to get a 14mm->18mm diffuser. My bong uses a metal stem though so I''m not sure what to do - the bong in question is http://www.ozbongs.com.au/Bent-Frosty Can i get a glass stem that would fit this bong, or should i bite the bullet and invest in something that may be better suited to to the task at hand?

Cheers !

greenmynci,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Welcome to FC greenmynci! And congrats on your purchase of an EQ as well! I've owned mine for just over a year now, and I'm using it as I type this!
When cleaning the whip elbow, what method do you use to remove the tubing ? My tubing seems to be really securely 'stuck' on, and im worried about breaking the elbow in trying to pull the tubing off.
The tubing that comes with the unit is a snug fitting PVC tubing...This can be a real PITA to remove, in some cases, if done hastily, it can result in a broken elbow (vape glass elbow, not your own elbow :p ) One method that helps, is to turn on the EQ, and set the temp to the highest setting, and set the fan to speed 2 or 3. Hold your whip/eblow connection over the top of the EQ in the path of the hot air, and it should help loosen up the PVC, as well as loosen up some of the vapor goo that helps the whip get stuck. Some gentle twisting should free up the whip, and allow it to be pulled off, while still twisting.
I'd like to use my bong with the extreme Q and from reading this thread (up to page 62 so far!) the way to go seems to be to get a 14mm->18mm diffuser. My bong uses a metal stem though so I''m not sure what to do - the bong in question is http://www.ozbongs.com.au/Bent-Frosty Can i get a glass stem that would fit this bong, or should i bite the bullet and invest in something that may be better suited to to the task at hand?
As for using your EQ with a bong, you have a couple options. Ultimately, IMO you will get the best experience if you upgrade to a new bong. It doesn't have to be pricey (but it can be :brow: ) it should just be a glass on glass piece, with a 18mm female gong connection, that you can put the elbow from the EQ into. Then you can vape using GONG connections, with just a section of whip in between the elbows, short or long depending on your setup. In the meantime however, you could just place the end of your tubing into the downstem of your current bong. You'll probably have to hold it or mess around a bit to get a good seal, but it will be better than nothing.

Also, when you get to the point of cleaning your tubing, you may look into replacing it with silicone tubing. It's much more malleable, and far easier to install/remove from the elbows. It is considered a better choice than the PVC by many, and can be found fairly inexpensively. I posted a little about this matter just a few posts back on this page.

Good luck with everything, and don't be shy here!

Purpl3_Haz3,

oldiebutgoodie

I recently got a bong/bubbler with an inline diffused downstem and two tree percs, but I'm having a little bit of trouble drawing air through it. I'm guessing the whip just needs cleaned, but I didn't see too much about it over the last several pages. Do I just soak the elbows in some 99% iso, or maybe the entire tube needs cleaned? . . .

I'll just add an Amen to the replies you've already received. That's an interesting piece, but my, sure looks like someone need to catch up on the cleaning. :) I strongly second the suggestion to replace the whip with silicone. I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMWTSY/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

which is the same diameter as the stock pvc. Others use the SSV tubing, 1/16" bigger which adds a tad to the airflow. Medical grade recommended.

Yes, elbows are easily cleaned in an iso soak, along with the elbow screens this is a must. I have several elbows and a dozen elbow screens which I just rotate in a little iso bath I re-use until its too dirty (if you do this it needs to be capped or covered otherwise the iso will evaporate off).

Cleaning tubing is somewhat tricky. Some use the screw/string method for reclaiming. Tubing and solvents don't agree, so something like a hot water/strong liquid detergent soak must be used. For me this is just too much hassle, so I just replace the tubing periodically.

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

. . .

Welcome! You've come to the right place for vaporizing info. :)

It's great that you're working your way thru the thread. While it's really long, there is a helluva lot of valuable info. I did the same after buying my Q, and it sure helped me up the learning curve a lot faster.

IMO the Arizer stock pvc, while a very strong grade material, is a royal PITA to work with as @Purpl3_Haz3 points out. I use this, same dimensions, much better:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMWTSY/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

oldiebutgoodie,
Top Bottom