• Yes

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just got my coils in guys, they fit loosely on my elev8 though. Can anyone give me any insight as to how to tighten them a bit?
When I set mine up I used the FAQ at 710 coils: https://710coils.com/pages/faqs

It's the middle section, "Adjusting your coils". It helped me as someone new to coils. Good luck, you're going to love the Elev8r with a coil. :)

BestBuds

The Dude
I just got my coils in guys, they fit loosely on my elev8 though. Can anyone give me any insight as to how to tighten them a bit?
I used 2 plyers and wrapped the mouths with some tape, so as to not damage and scratch the coil. Then I made tiny adjustments and took my time, working from one end to the other. I got the coil to just slip over the heater but you need to work it to get it on and off it's pretty snug... Don't be intimidated. It was very easy and took me 15 minutes total.

yogurtsauce

Get something that grabs and grab the top. Twist it clock wise to tighten the coil.
I just put it straight on the coil because scratching it didn’t bother me.

I also expanded my coil. My heater stays in the coil unless I twist it -90°, then it’s able to slide in and put. Then to lock it, just rotate 90°

E8598076-6-B10-4-BA9-8-A01-C73-DE7-A9889-C.png

Last edited:

Ernielicous

They actually dont ship to my country x(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FD4636-FLINT-GLASS-SODA-LIME-BEADS-3-mm-COLUMN-PACKING-50GΔ/152232566070

the hits from the VG became smoother after I installed 3 beads of these with an extra screen to the VG's heat exchanger.

Thank you guys for the coil help! I got them fitting nice and well.

Can anyone direct me to somewhere i can buy glass beads though?

You guys truly are so much help

Also how do you guys stir it when the coil is wrapped around heater?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubmonkey

When used with a coil I don’t use the metal bracket holder (the wire bracket that typically holds the elev8 quartz heater and glass bowl together). I just hold the coil by the wire to hold the heater on to the bowl. Need to try the 3mm balls. How many balls typically fit the Elev8?

Dubmonkey,

nonamekevin

if you have the all glass, I suggest stirring with a stick. If you have the stainless steel, then shake.
When using with a coil, you can't really shake the elev8r like when using it with a torch and the keck clip (wire clip).

Also how do you guys stir it when the coil is wrapped around heater?
Most of us using the coil with the elev8r have the heater in the coil so that it's fixed in place. Since the coil is attached to the heater, you lift the heater with the coil handle, stir, replace the heater.:rockon:

yogurtsauce

When using with a coil, you can't really shake the elev8r like when using it with a torch and the keck clip (wire clip).

Most of us using the coil with the elev8r have the heater in the coil so that it's fixed in place. Since the coil is attached to the heater, you lift the heater with the coil handle, stir, replace the heater.:rockon:

I just hold the enail handle and shake

yogurtsauce,

LabPong

I only shake on the last hit or so....when the herb is so dry and will move around.....

If you try to shake on the first or second hit....your not clearing the screen open by scraping it with a pic to get the stickies off it so it does not collect more.

As far as using a coil and stirring......I get my coil to fit so it grabs the heater when I twist the heater about 40 degrees in the coil. It is a very touchy point to get the coil to grab the heater when it is hot...and then let it go and not get stuck on the glass when it cools off. You will have to experiment with making it fit this way.

Or, you just use something like a oven mitt....or make something smaller that does the same thing....I made one out of some doubled up suede material. That is how I take the heater on and off when I torch and use the sick clip. I use a 18mm stand to put the heater on while I stir the bowl. I would not even think to not use the sick clip when torching.......but make sure you have your coil setup to the heater well before you start going sick clip free with the coil method.

Be safe....cause that one in a million chance the heater will accidentally get knocked off and then melt into your carpet....or worse on you.....it will happen when you do not expect it....and that will be the last time you do not use the clip.

Terpenetime

I finally got a step down converter today so that I can run my 110V Auber 15.8mm coil with my elev8r heater in the UK. I’ve spread the coils so I’m all set to go as soon as the kids are in bed :rockon:

I’ve been following this thread for months but I don’t have time to look back through it now, so can someone suggest a good temperature to start at please?

EDIT: Found it... start at 700 with a 10 minute warm up.

Last edited:

LabPong

Terp....that is hotter than I use.....usually about 600F. But I can run 580F pending on strains.....most I went with flower is 624F. For concentrates with a healthstone...725F or so if my memory is close....have not not that in awhile since I got a killer 710 e-nail setup.

LabPong,
Reactions: BigJr48

Terpenetime

Last night was a bust! :doh:

The temperature was slow to climb and wouldn’t go beyond 410F. I think that I may have allowed a little too much room for expansion when I adjusted the coil, so I’ll tighten it up a bit and have another go later. If anyone else has an alternative explanation, please feel free to chime in.

@LabPong thank you, I’ll start there and work my way up depending on results :tup:

Terpenetime,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

The temperature was slow to climb and wouldn’t go beyond 410F. I think that I may have allowed a little too much room for expansion when I adjusted the coil, so I’ll tighten it up a bit and have another go later. If anyone else has an alternative explanation, please feel free to chime in.

@LabPong thank you, I’ll start there and work my way up depending on results :tup:

It sounds like your coil, or at least the thermocouple inside the coil could be broken. Even if the coil is not attached to anything it should reach your set temperature.

invertedisdead,

LabPong

I recall someone else having that issue....but do not recall if they had to get another coil. I think they were using a Auber PID.

I would not go over say 3-4mm separation between coil loops for temp consistency. Here is what mine looks like.

heater-Coil-Elev8r.jpg

Terpenetime

I finally got a step down converter today so that I can run my 110V Auber 15.8mm coil with my elev8r heater in the UK

The temperature was slow to climb and wouldn’t go beyond 410F

Update: It turns out that my coil is 220V not 110V, so I don’t need a step down converter to use it in the UK :doh:

However, whilst it will now reach any temperature, it will only reach about 90% of the temperature I select on the dial, so for example, if I want 600F I have to select 671F on the dial. Also the middle two rings on the coil glow red whilst the top and bottom ones don’t.

I’ve reached out to Chris at New Vape for a diagnosis. Fortunately I ordered some parts from them during their 420 sale that are yet to ship, so if it needs replacing I’ll hopefully be able to get it added.

Terpenetime,

yogurtsauce

Update: It turns out that my coil is 220V not 110V, so I don’t need a step down converter to use it in the UK :doh:

However, whilst it will now reach any temperature, it will only reach about 90% of the temperature I select on the dial, so for example, if I want 600F I have to select 671F on the dial. Also the middle two rings on the coil glow red whilst the top and bottom ones don’t.

I’ve reached out to Chris at New Vape for a diagnosis. Fortunately I ordered some parts from them during their 420 sale that are yet to ship, so if it needs replacing I’ll hopefully be able to get it added.

yogurtsauce,

LabPong

@yogurtsauce I have an Auber PID, not the New Vape one :tup:

Terp....did you look at the manual and do any calibrations?

RDK-MANUAL

I never had to do that....but your gap in range is fairly large. Mine will drift a small amount do to air/fans and things in the room. The coil is exposed and opened up...so it will try to compensate. So you may need to do one of the adjustment steps to help out.

The middle coils are getting read because that is the center of the heating element in the coil. I will get a bit red...but should not be glowing red/orange. Make sure you did not separate the coil wraps too far...the pic above I showed should be MAX spread of the coils. Many use half that gap I do and probably do not see that much temp flux as I might...but my room temp is stable at 70F. Ambient temp might be an issue for some...or air currents.

My coil and heater are usually fairly soaked in 5 mins or so. I can start getting draws before that if needed.

LabPong,

Terpenetime

@LabPong I had checked the settings on page 1 of the manual but it was getting a little too technical beyond that. However, your post made me take a further look, whereupon I found this little gem on page 3...

“For the 15.8 mm coil and nail that we offer, PSL should be set to 1.28 (the standard setting is 1.00) if you want the display to show the nail temperature”

I thought that would be the solution but unfortunately not. I set the coil to 600 and it rose quickly to 515 and then held steady but it wouldn’t go any further. I then increased the setting to 671 to see if anything had changed from my last attempt (it hadn’t) but it did give me an opportunity to take a photo of the glowing coil...

C6-CCD7-BF-725-C-4251-9-CD5-E511-D1-D765-B7.jpg

@yogurtsauce the video you posted instructs the viewer on how to perform an auto tune. This isn’t necessary (or possible?) on the Auber RDK300 so far as I’m aware :peace:

Terpenetime,
Reactions: chaos191
Top Bottom