Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LabPong

I haven’t noticed the draw restriction. But I prefer my water pieces to be chuggier, so that’s why. I go around 650-665°F for cashing a bowl. I’m still trying to figure out a decent starting temp. Usually around 550 I’ll get good flavor. 600 for brown.

I prefer my vapes to have high draw restriction**

The temp that you run though is much less than where I'm at, which is usually 775F to 815F. :rockon:

I usually run my coil anywhere from 580-620F pending on flower condition/type. I think when I got tired of trying to dial in temp to some flowers....I just settled on 600F for a default with flower.

Terpenetime

I only get as much vaporized abv as possible on elev8r . the quality of vapor , its density, evenness and taste is better than on all my other devices .:rockon: my tm is still completely inferior to it in these important aspects . :rolleyes:

so I guess I just need to try the tetra heater for comparison :wave:

It’s been said before but I’ll say it again... you need to try a G43.

nonamekevin

@LabPong i read your comment on the g43 thread where you talk about the grav 18/14 wpa. Do you use that with your elev8r also? It looks like you could fit half the material in the grav piece compared to elev8r wpa.

:rockon:

nonamekevin,

LabPong

@LabPong i read your comment on the g43 thread where you talk about the grav 18/14 wpa. Do you use that with your elev8r also? It looks like you could fit half the material in the grav piece compared to elev8r wpa.

:rockon:

The grav one is shorter and only slightly smaller....so maybe the load size is 60% of the Elev8r maybe. I used it with my little water J hook rig and often when I just wanted to do a smaller amount...or it also worked well for using a health stone. You should be able to turn the heat down...or leave close to the norm of 10.1w.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
So, I tried the glass ball mod with my coiled ELEV8R now love the vape even more.
It hits even harder now, amazingly, and at a bit lower temp than without the balls.
It def adds pull resistance but I find the ELEV8R so freeflowing that I actually prefer the added resistance... it allows me to pull as hard/fast as I'd like I'm able to do with the Sublimator.

Thanks to @yogurtsauce for the glass balls suggestion.:clap:

I haven't hit my Sub in weeks. My wife still uses it daily though as still prefers it.

I *do* worry a bit about hot glass balls falling out of the bottom if the screen becomes unwedged but, messing with it and tapping it on the table a bit they didn't fall out so... fingers crossed. lol.

BestBuds

The Dude
I have been running it with glass balls and a coil for a few months now. It's the best desktop set up that can be had for the price imo. I have a very cheap coil so I have to run it at 650 but it is so delicious and potent and I can vape a crumb or a spoonful. :love::leaf:

GoldenBud

I have been running it with glass balls and a coil for a few months now. It's the best desktop set up that can be had for the price imo. I have a very cheap coil so I have to run it at 650 but it is so delicious and potent and I can vape a crumb or a spoonful. :love::leaf:
I got many beads and ELEV8R on the way. How much beads do you recommend to put inside? I understood that if you put too much beads the draw is restricted.

nonamekevin

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to the glass balls and the elev8r. Maybe because I packed it with as many as it would hold, but the draw restriction killed it for me.

I run the coil typically between 750-815F, pulling as hard as possible. :rockon:

someTooL

Can I get a recommendation of glass vs metal screen. Do people who buy the glass screen version eventually add a metal screen?

Kinda in the experimental stage now so it’s on my shortlist for sure. Glass and Frankenstein equipment...I’m all in lol..Thanks in advance.

BestBuds

The Dude
I got many beads and ELEV8R on the way. How much beads do you recommend to put inside? I understood that if you put too much beads the draw is restricted.
I stopped just below the top spike, just above the coil.
hhy6vaijdx8gve1k.jpg

GoldenBud

@BestBuds thanks alot, I have to ask one more thing - with a torch, is it sparing time of heating, by how much seconds? I still don't have a big torch because of this pandemic..... only Cyclone II (Triple dynavap torch) / small Honest torch.

GoldenBud,

nonamekevin

@BestBuds thanks alot, I have to ask one more thing - with a torch, is it sparing time of heating, by how much seconds? I still don't have a big torch because of this pandemic..... only Cyclone II (Triple dynavap torch) / small Honest torch.
If I may jump in on this one, I use a propane plumbers torch, and I typically heat 20-30 seconds, sometimes more for the big rips. I've heard those with a dab style torch go between 40-55sec (@Tweakz is the better person to ask since he primarily uses a torch).

The smaller torches used for dynavaps and sticky bricks won't cut it. You'd probably be heating for more than 2 minutes, easily. :rockon:

GoldenBud

If I may jump in on this one, I use a propane plumbers torch, and I typically heat 20-30 seconds, sometimes more for the big rips. I've heard those with a dab style torch go between 40-55sec (@Tweakz is the better person to ask since he primarily uses a torch).

The smaller torches used for dynavaps and sticky bricks won't cut it. You'd probably be heating for more than 2 minutes, easily. :rockon:

Sneaky Pete uses some "Mid" torch, and torching for like 35s max I think, so I think with the Cyclone II I'll be heating about 55s max, without beads EDIT: I see, he doesn't look for the biggest hit of this vape..... so yeah, I will try getting a torch locally.... but we'll see how and when....

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Tweakz

Sneaky Pete uses some "Mid" torch, and torching for like 35s max I think, so I think with the Cyclone II I'll be heating about 55s max, without beads EDIT: I see, he doesn't look for the biggest hit of this vape..... so yeah, I will try getting a torch locally.... but we'll see how and when....

bro, first heat - I heat with a large torch for 1 minute .

subsequent heats (2,3) - 40 and 30 seconds . everything is evaporated in a maximum of 2-3 heats maximum

a small torch, in my opinion, will not do at all :(

GoldenBud

bro, first heat - I heat with a large torch for 1 minute .

subsequent heats (2,3) - 40 and 30 seconds . everything is evaporated in a maximum of 2-3 heats maximum

a small torch, in my opinion, will not do at all :(
Yeah thanks I thought the glass beads will help me retain heat better..... Have to go buy some torch locally or so....

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

or a burner attachment on a gas cylinder in a construction store.
This is one thing I wanna avoid, because of safety reasons, but I'm running out of stash anyway, will wait until i find a proper torch, thanks bro!! :rockon:

GoldenBud,

nonamekevin

BestBuds

The Dude
I am getting one of those internal snap rings to ensure the bottom screen holding all the hot beads in the heater stays in. I might just order a pack online due to the lockdown.

Top Bottom