The Dr Dabber Pen

VaporRoots

Got my pen in today...no oil yet to try it out but had a few quick questions. May have been answered already but too lazy to read through 16 pages.

When you use the 5 button on/off feature, and then do single presses of the button...is it off when the button DOES light up? Do you have to hold the button to create heat, i.e when you are inhaling? Just confused the manual didn't really specify either way.

Thanks

VaporRoots,
Reactions: Dr.Dabber

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Got my pen in today...no oil yet to try it out but had a few quick questions. May have been answered already but too lazy to read through 16 pages.

When you use the 5 button on/off feature, and then do single presses of the button...is it off when the button DOES light up? Do you have to hold the button to create heat, i.e when you are inhaling? Just confused the manual didn't really specify either way.

Thanks
If when you press the button, the button does not light up, the battery is "off." To turn it "on" you need to press the button 5 times in a row. After five presses, you will see the button flash three times; this indicates that the battery is "on" and the pen can now be used. To use it at this point, push the button while inhaling, being sure to inhale just before and after pressing the button, as well as during the duration, so as to not overcook your oil, etc.

To clarify, it is only producing heat/vapor when the light is lighting up while pressing the switch.

To turn the battery back off, press the button again 5 times in a row (try for rapid presses so you don't cook your oil) and the light will flash three times indicating it is "off." Pressing the switch now should show no light, and produce no heat.

VaporRoots

thanks...good answer. They shipped it to me in the on mode which is why I was confused.

Thanks again

VaporRoots,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
thanks...good answer. They shipped it to me in the on mode which is why I was confused.

Thanks again
41rqKoh-FbL.jpg

darkrom

Great Scott!
I picked up an ego kit on sale yesterday after getting my interest sparked by this thread.

Now I'm SURE the quality of this vape is noticeably better in the atomizer. What is the purpose of the wick in this style vape when using BHO? Couldn't you just literally rip out all of the silica or fiberglass wick completely and still plop dabs on the coil? Why does the wick even have to be there?

That is the thing that makes me uneasy about these vapes...the wick.

I've got some gentlemans V2 wickless carts on the way to try those out. I'm really interested in future Dr Dabber brand wickless atomizers. I love that this company is using titanium. I need to get some money together so I can try this atomizer now that I have a battery and a globe etc.

aceonbase

I still havent gotten the package with the charger, but found out standard batteries fit! The vapor quality is great everything is superb!

THE BEST WAY TO MOST EFFIECIENTLY DAB: heat oil to a liquidy consistancy on skillet tool, hold upside down until a droplet froms, place droplet on thr METAL portion of the coil!
The only wick portion doesnt vape all the oil it leaves some residue, use the metal part for the best expieriance.

A great purchase i cant wait until the globe gets here.

Edit: forgot to mention drdabber.com is a redirect loop on google chrome for ios 7

Meeem

Has anyone else had problems getting a tracking number? I haven't gotten one for either of my orders yet.

Meeem,

aceonbase

PLEASE POST A PIC OF THE SNAPBACK AND SHIRT! Probably gonna order both! Cant see the pics of them on the shop.

If the snapback is just black with the logo im sold!

aceonbase,
Reactions: mlo4sho

ogcook

Has anyone else had problems getting a tracking number? I haven't gotten one for either of my orders yet.
His automated message system wasn't working full last I heard, email/PM him with your order numbers and he should be able to give you the tracking numbers.

ogcook,
Reactions: mlo4sho

P666R

glass points to purp
seems like the material on the outside is air tight on 14mm glass i have

P666R,

Meeem

He's at a trade show at the moment and doesn't have access to the shipping stubs. Just send him a pm regarding when your orders were shipped, and the ETA.
Thanks! I sent him a couple of PM's but haven't heard anything back. Last week we messaged back and forth a few times and he said he'd hit me with the tracking deets, and I messaged a few times since but I guess he got busy!

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I still havent gotten the package with the charger, but found out standard batteries fit! The vapor quality is great everything is superb!...A great purchase i cant wait until the globe gets here.

Edit: forgot to mention drdabber.com is a redirect loop on google chrome for ios 7
Glad to see you're finally getting some results ;) As for the website, the Dr. posted yesterday that his new site is up and running, at http://doctordabber.com/ (try Doctor instead of dr now)

glass points to purp
seems like the material on the outside is air tight on 14mm glass i have
Yeah, I'm sure that the nice coating on this thing makes a great mating surface for GONG joints! It's a bit too small for my 18mm joint, but the O-Ring takes care of that! I kind of like how with a little push, the ring / pen stay firmly in place in the bottom of the HT!

mlo4sho

Dr. Dabber Ghost + Evolver HydraCirc 2.0 (Edit* + 1 black O-Ring from my TV Cera kit) = :luv:

Edit** change to hd after you click play ;) ^

Yes! These pens work so well with Hydratubes and similar pieces. I have the same exact HT :tup: I might have to break it out in honor of your latest video. Nice idea with the O-Ring. I bet that works well if you don't have an adapter. The pen does fit nicely in a 14mm female joint :2c: If you have an eBay account you can get a 14f -> 18m for 6 bucks shipped ;)

chimpybits

Dr. Dabber was a great tool in my weekend camping trip. Used both with Ghost plus PNWT and Globe by itself.
Back at my shed, decided to do some video...

Stay vaped...
Nice. It's not hard to see how this pen (esp. with a WT) could fit into such an excursion. It's been serving me well too.

I did fumble a bit today when loading and dropped the pen (w/o the mp) from my lap onto the concrete ground. The pen survived the fall cosmetically unscathed, but the coil was dead. So, I later put on the 2nd coil (the free one that comes with the coupon offer) and enjoyed a nice fresh dab.

I was fine with killing the coil as I was a bit rough with it (noob) and felt it was due. I'll try to place my dabs well and be gentler with the coil - all to keep it cleaner, tastier. Lately, I've been thinking shatter works the best. It was pretty satisfying having my first fresh dab on the new coil and seeing it looking clean afterward. I feel grateful that the Ghost survived this manhandling and fall and works and looks as good as new.

I ordered the PNWT recently as part of a MassDrop. I look forward to trying this pairing - could be a good one.

I see you're hitting it w/o the mp. This makes sense as the heater is 14mm and is being kept upright.

OnlyHuman

Hey fellow dabbers. I enjoy my Dr. Dabber just as much as everyone else. When I'm just hanging around at home I find great satisfaction when using this pen in conjunction with various water pieces. It works very well and the water helps provide a smoother hit. However, I prefer to not use tubing because after several uses it gets pretty dirty and smelly. When I'm at home, I use a water piece probably 99% of the time. So, I needed a way to connect my pen to my bubblers without tubing in order to keep upkeep at a minimum, preserve maximum flavor with little to no noticeable degradation of taste over time, and, perhaps most importantly, fulfill my love and desire to vaporize with each of my various pieces.

For obvious reasons, I didn't want to just invert the pen and use it with my bubbler that way. I needed a way to connect the pen to a bubbler with the pen remaining upright the entire time. I visualized a strange U-shaped adapter to connect the two. I used MS Paint to sketch a silly drawing of the concept.

hmOoucJ.png

The problem was, I couldn't find anything similar to what I imagined. However, I was able to find two 90 degree glass adapters that I could connect together to form the adapter I needed. That could work. Some more messing with MS Paint helped picture things more clearly.

aKB0LvY.jpg

This is what I was looking for. I ordered the two adapters and wasted no time setting things up right after I received them. Success!

kRuU1Co.jpg

Ideally, I'd like one adapter that could achieve the same task but for now this works just fine. This setup is very easy to use. The taste will stay great use after use and you'll never have to worry about replacing tubing (normal glass cleaning required). I would highly recommend this or a similar setup to anyone who loves oil pens and loves using a water path to medicate.

The two angled adapters are from Mike @ OregonGlassBlower. They're both 18mm female to 18mm male. I got them on eBay. The adapter that connects to the pen is a 14mm female to 18mm male. Also purchased on eBay.

Here's a tiny dab just to show you how it works.

:science::peace:
Happy Friday

Thank you so much for this! Will this set-up work for most bongs? I never actually owned a water bong and want to get a nicer one, any suggestions?

Edit: Read all these recent posts. What is mobius, PNWT, a gong joint, HT, and MP? So confused trying to figure this out...

Last edited:
OnlyHuman,

IF II INI C IHI

Aka VapeGod
This Pen looks nice. sowhat do I need to order for it to work on a 14mm glass piece? or does it just work as stock with a 14mm glass bong? wondering if I need to buy an extra attachment? also are you guys liking this more than the Cloud Pen?

IF II INI C IHI,

chimpybits

This Pen looks nice. sowhat do I need to order for it to work on a 14mm glass piece? or does it just work as stock with a 14mm glass bong? wondering if I need to buy an extra attachment? also are you guys liking this more than the Cloud Pen?
It will fit stock - with or without the mp - as the pen is 14mm.

You might prefer however to add some length of whip tubing - the 7th floor tubing (3/8 inch inner diameter) fits over the mp and into a 14mm joint. Long enough tubing and the pen is kept upright which is preferred.

More elegant still would be a 14mm glass extender (?) which would be female 14mm on one end and male 14mm on the other. You might still need the tubing in order to keep the pen upright.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
What's up guy's - I wanted to let everyone know that the Doctor is in Colorado at Champs! His fulfillment department is still shipping out everything as needed. I don't work for him but I do have the ability of getting touch with him. If anyone is having issues with shipping in his absence you guy's could PM me and maybe I could at least get you answers.

I know he wants nothing more than superior customer service for everyone and won't accept anything less. Let me know if there's anything I could help with.

OnlyHuman

MUCH MUCH nicer than the Cloud pen. First two pens I bought, was immediately dissatisfied with the Cloud pen, to a large degree, ordered this one...night and day differences. Now I am on the hunt to get this through a water pipe. Great product imo.

Top Bottom