• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Dr Dabber Pen

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just walked out of my local HS and got a chance to meet the guy launching a new product that looks cool.

Here is the link to the device and I've asked the manufacturer to reach out to VTAC for permission to post. The best thing about this pen is it's about 25 bucks cheaper than most pens and performs above most.

http://drdabber.com/

Take a look my brethren and tell me what you guys think....

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'm actually waiting on the manufacturer to get approved to post. What he showed me is that it's different from the dabbler because they specifically dropped the heater lower within the unit. This would eliminate bubbling over and clogs. I hope he comes along soon with the deets!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
2c - if you need a dating website, PM me. Always ready to help...:lmao:

As far as the DR - I spoke with him this morning and he has officially started the process of getting approved her and will hopefully be on soon, dude is real cool and ready to take questions.

Doc_zps8349263b.jpg

JoeKickass

tell me what you guys think....
Being 100% candid and honest, it makes me want a Dr. Pepper.
img-dr-pepper-300x300_011234131619.png

But I'm down for a $75 dollar vape pen that's smaller than the Dabbler! It probably won't have the battery life but the Dabbler does make a mess of it's threads so a cleaner one would be tempting!

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm actually waiting on the manufacturer to get approved to post. What he showed me is that it's different from the dabbler because they specifically dropped the heater lower within the unit. This would eliminate bubbling over and clogs. I hope he comes along soon with the deets!
Thats awesome! I was gonna say it reminds me of a smaller dabbler. And my only complaint about the dabbler is that I wanted the coil to be lower in the cartridge. Win Win. Except now im gonna spend more money so...

chimpybits

Hey mvapes I read in the Dabbler thread that it was designed with concentrates in mind (instead of e-cig crap) particularly with the microprocessor control monitoring temperature and timing. I wonder if the Ghost is operating with similar temps and timing?

I wanna pen and like the idea of the lower coil, but wanna pull the trigger soon. I think this Ghost is just too new; whereas, the Dabbler has had a few reviews and VB is solid.

chimpybits,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just spoke to the Dr - he said the coils are being upgraded to Titanium with the next two weeks. He's still waiting on approval from @vtac but I assume he'll be chatting soon. I should have mine today and I'll hammer the thread with Pics and videos....

You guy's want me nude or not in the vids?

What? :cool:

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
Hi guys, I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has about Dr.Dabber.

To touch a little bit on our product, It is a pen designed primarily for concentrates and has a modified chamber and coil (Titanium in 2 weeks and here on out) which has been lowered for less waste, more room for concentrate, and no leakage. The full battery life lasts about 200-300 hits depending on how heavy your trigger finger is :) The battery is also fully charged after about an hour and 1/2. We offer a 3 month full coverage warranty on the battery and offer all spare parts for the pen as well. Each kit includes a Dr.Dabber Gift Box,User manual w/warranty card, Dr.Dabber Ghost Pen, Shatterproof silicone ball for storing concentrates, stainless steel loading tool, and charger.

Hope I can be of some assistance to you bhoys and gerrls ;)

chimpybits

Welcome to fc doc!

My main question is how has it been designed specifically for concentrates? Also, what is the advantage of titanium for the coils?

chimpybits,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
Welcome to fc doc!

My main question is how has it been designed specifically for concentrates? Also, what is the advantage of titanium for the coils?
Thank you, Happy to be here!
The chamber has been specifically designed with concentrates in mind rather than flower or liquid, the heating element has also been lowered to heat off what would normally drip down to the bottom. We have also moved over to titanium coils to keep the full flavor of your concentrates as well as more durable for your hardest shatter and deep enough for your thickest oils.
Hope that helps!

chimpybits

Thanks Dr.Dabber. The chamber design sounds great and certainly should get along nicely with the non-liquid concentrates. The titanium advanatages make sense too and are appealing.

Anything to do with the temperature (programmed in the microprocessor) specific for concentrates instead of say, e-juice?

EDIT: Oh yeah, are spare heaters available now to include as part of an order?

Last edited:
chimpybits,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
The temperature is controlled by a microprocessor that keeps the pen at the desired temp and stops the pen from getting too hot after 10 seconds. I will be sending out a free extra heating coil with every purchase until our online store is updated. Also in the meantime if more is needed then that, I just ask that you inquire about it through our contact page on our website. And I'd be more then happy to bill through paypal and get that sent out.

chimpybits

Thanks again, that's what I wanted to hear. I'm ready to go for it though should at least wait for a video. mvapes feeling shy?

chimpybits,

Chill Dude

Dr. dabber,

Just wondering, what has been your past experience with designing and manufacturing vape pens? Your website basically says nothing about you or your company.

This pen definitely sounds interesting.....

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Yo - I just got a package.

SAM_0212_zps12ed981b.jpg

Nice packaging, nothing crazy but I got to say this pen feels different. It's got a smooth almost suede like texture to it.

SAM_0213_zpsd1028328.jpg

Some serious branding here...

SAM_0217_zps3a6624a4.jpg

SAM_0224_zps26606a6f.jpg

SAM_0225_zpsda881d99.jpg

SAM_0226_zps19e69013.jpg

Here's a shot of the coil. Completely enclosed and a super clean set up. Notice how the coil is recessed to avoid over-flow. Dr Dabber also mention that they are now switching to a titanium coil.

SAM_0223_zpsfa43a368.jpg

The Dome is the fucking shit! I am working on some vids tonight. Stand by....

SAM_0226_zps19e69013.jpg

JoeKickass

Here's a shot of the coil. Completely enclosed and a super clean set up. Notice how the coil is recessed to avoid over-flow. Dr Dabber also mention that they are now switching to a titanium coil.

SAM_0223_zpsfa43a368.jpg
It's kind of hard to see in that picture, but how much is the heater recessed? Here's a pic of the dabbler for comparison (heater is flush with top threads):
DSC02376.jpg

JoeKickass,
Reactions: vondutch
Top Bottom