exime

@exime: How is your status regarding the RMA ? I got in contact with Davinci Support because my unit gets very hot and they told me that everything is ok. I also stated that I tried some things (different grind/material, different usage (smart/temp), with/out flavour chamber...) but they didn't help me as excpected. The material is evenly brown and without the flavour chamber the surface feels good to me.
I've no real clue if it's normal or not. For comparison I own a Storm Pen and a Pax2 and they don't even get that hot - it's clear that they are different devices.
Next thing I will try is switch to a LG HG2 and a Samsung Q30 - but the support said that this is proofen to be useless.

*sorry for any mistakes as I'm not a native speaker*

I purchased 2 Samsung Q30s and the unit still gets really hot so I agree with support. It did fix the pre-mature low-battery indicator that I would get with their battery though.

I called and talked to someone that listened to my issues and then approved me. She said I have to fill it out in writing now. Then another rep e-mails you and you have to respond in writing with your problems and device serial number, purchase receipt etc.. Then they reply back to approve you again and give you an RMA number. You mail it in with RMA on box and they send you an e-mail confirming they received it and that it will be 10-14 days to complete the repair. I'm at 10 business days now.

exime,

Damper

You mail it in with RMA on box and they send you an e-mail confirming they received it and that it will be 10-14 days to complete the repair. I'm at 10 business days now.

Thats weird...the CS told me that they dont confirm they received the device, but when the new/repaired one is shipped...and thats the way my RMA was like

Damper,

slackwaredragon

SlackmasterD
Thats weird...the CS told me that they dont confirm they received the device, but when the new/repaired one is shipped...and thats the way my RMA was like

When I sent mine out earlier this year (Jan/Feb), they let me know when they received it and when it shipped out. Back then I had to poke the DaVinci team on Reddit to get an update (they weren't fast with email responses) but overall from when they received my device to when I had it back in my hand was a little over a week. It's been working great until I noticed it'll turn off when I sit it down standing up (even gently), however I can put it down on it's side (even a little hard) and it's fine. No idea what that's all about. No idea if it's always had it since I received it back from warranty or if It just started happening but even closing the herb door will cause it to shut off if I'm not really careful.

slackwaredragon,
Reactions: BigJr48

calebsw

Anyone figure out how to clean behind the rubber gasket the flavor chamber sits on? I've ran 200 qtips through that area since the middle of March, and I've never been able to get it clean. I tried bent paper clips, dental tools, pipe cleaners, and a bunch of other ideas posted on the web that have little to no effect. I stopped using the iq around middle of March, so I haven't been accumulating new resin in this time. Whenever I think I'm finished cleaning, I turn the vape on for a burnoff and a steady plume of vapor emanates from the device. The vapor smells like burnt lemon pledge (all I've ever put in my iq is weed and alcohol). I'm starting to think I'll never clean this thing, which means I'll never use it again because that lemon pledge vapor gives me a headache.

I'm starting to think this thing wasn't meant to be properly cleaned. I urge everyone to do a burnoff after your next cleaning session and shine a light from the bottom chamber through the vapor path, and see if you were able to clean inside thoroughly enough. I suspect some of you will find you underestimated how hard it is to clean that area. And if you don't see vapor emanating from that area, please tell me in great detail how you cleaned it, because I'm tired of wasting my time with my inadequate methods.

Last edited:

BigJr48

Anyone figure out how to clean behind the rubber gasket the flavor chamber sits on? I've ran 200 qtips through that area since the middle of March, and I've never been able to get it clean. I tried bent paper clips, dental tools, pipe cleaners, and a bunch of other ideas posted on the web that have little to no effect. I stopped using the iq around middle of March, so I haven't been accumulating new resin in this time. Whenever I think I'm finished cleaning, I turn the vape on for a burnoff and a steady plume of vapor emanates from the device. The vapor smells like burnt lemon pledge (all I've ever put in my iq is weed and alcohol). I'm starting to think I'll never clean this thing, which means I'll never use it again because that lemon pledge vapor gives me a headache.

I'm starting to think this thing wasn't meant to be properly cleaned. I urge everyone to do a burnoff after your next cleaning session and shine a light from the bottom chamber through the vapor path, and see if you were able to clean inside thoroughly enough. I suspect some of you will find you underestimated how hard it is to clean that area. And if you don't see vapor emanating from that area, please tell me in great detail how you cleaned it, because I'm tired of wasting my time with my inadequate methods.

Some members advised using a silicone eyelash brush available on Amazon.

PazerOne

Some reply after the weekend. With the Samsung Q30 the IQ is much cooler after a 10 min. session as with the original one.
Also if i use a LG HG2 it is cooler but not as the same with the Q30. So in this case the device is "usable" again.
But now I've the problem that the IQ says my battery is not fully loaded when turning on even if the battery comes straight out of the charger. After some minutes it will show the correct status.
Also the IQ lost the connection to the app and after resetting both (IQ/App) I see some strange numbers in the usage of the smartpaths.
http://imgur.com/Fm4YN2Q
http://imgur.com/6MYQZhz
http://imgur.com/A5hkk18

PazerOne,

Nostalgia1

Some reply after the weekend. With the Samsung Q30 the IQ is much cooler after a 10 min. session as with the original one.
Also if i use a LG HG2 it is cooler but not as the same with the Q30. So in this case the device is "usable" again.
But now I've the problem that the IQ says my battery is not fully loaded when turning on even if the battery comes straight out of the charger. After some minutes it will show the correct status.
Also the IQ lost the connection to the app and after resetting both (IQ/App) I see some strange numbers in the usage of the smartpaths.
http://imgur.com/Fm4YN2Q
http://imgur.com/6MYQZhz
http://imgur.com/A5hkk18
you should try hard resetting

Nostalgia1,

cobra505

Defined
I have sent mine in for RMA because it kept shutting off and because it stopped cooking my herb.
Same reason I did my 4th RMA.

Anyone figure out how to clean behind the rubber gasket the flavor chamber sits on?

I use a Q-Tip with ISO then I got these from Amazon. Dip them in ISO also. They get the heavy crud out. The only thing I didn't like about them was they were real flexible. You know if you done a good job, you can take the IQ and hold the unit up to a bright light with the Flavor Chamber out and the Herb Chamber empty and if the unit is completely clean you should see light. I'm a cleaning nut, I do this process 1 times a week but a light herb chamber every 2-3 bowls. If you have that much resin it will take time. Have patience but believe me you will get it clean. For the Flavor Chamber end take the Q-tip and ISO gently push it past the gasket and twist with your fingers pull it out. Keep continuing this process. If it's as dirty as you say it is you will be doing it for a while. Keep doing it till the Q-tip is pretty clean. You want to do the same process on the Herb Chamber. After your done plug it in crank up the heat and do a burn of for about 5 minutes. I'll be interested so let me know.

Screen_Shot_4.jpg

Hey you guys see the Grasshopper guys got a "Bitch" Forum" going? gotta love it.

Battery indication has always been an issue. Was using mine last night had 3 light was only on not even 2 minutes and got the battery low beep.

cobra505,

Smokinjoe

For someone with a couple vapes, pax #1 and flowermate digital.

I want something that would hit close to my bubbler or pipe.

The best vapor hit I consider now is my ooze pen set at 4.8v. I want a portable vape that would hit similarly.

Good,strong vapor.

Is the davinci what I'm looking for? I noticed the crafty is on sale for the same price.

Smokinjoe,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member

The best vapor hit I consider now is my ooze pen set at 4.8v. I want a portable vape that would hit similarly.

Good,strong vapor.

Is the davinci what I'm looking for? I noticed the crafty is on sale for the same price.

On page 97, @Nostalgia1 posted a cool video of the mighty and the IQ. Maybe that will help, check it out.

Damper

Good,strong vapor.

you can take really big hits with the migthy...and the airflow is incredible! think it would be the better option for you. I own both of them and i like both of them, but the IQ is a session vape. Mighty with capsule is a ripper, you can take 3-5 big hits and thats it. A full packed IQ bowl is like a 20+ minute session...for me!

Damper,

Smokinjoe

I don't mind the session. I just want it to be able to hit harder.

From the glass spacer it seems u can pack lighter amounts with the davinci.

I am trying to not spend more then 275/3.

I understand the mighty is just a bigger and better crafty...???

Smokinjoe,

exime

I don't mind the session. I just want it to be able to hit harder.

From the glass spacer it seems u can pack lighter amounts with the davinci.

I am trying to not spend more then 275/3.

I understand the mighty is just a bigger and better crafty...???

Definitely get the Mighty over Crafty. Crafty has more problems and RMAs.

exime,

Smokinjoe

My buddy at the dispensary mentioned the davinci.

He said it would hit similarly to a pipe.

It just nice not having to clean, grind, pack up a pipe every time u want a hit. I always vape cbd rich tree, so if u don't get good, bigger hits you ll never even feel it.

Even after .3/.5g

I plan to buy one last nice vape

Smokinjoe,

Trulukkyphrank

a fully packed davinci IQ with the honeybird attached kicks hard

I would prefer conduction over convection if you want a nearer effect like smoking a pipe

Trulukkyphrank,

Smokinjoe

I just want bigger, more coughing like hits from it.

I have a org pax n flowermate adjustable

Seems each strain makes a difference in how well each produce clouds.

I smoke 1g+ a day.

a fully packed davinci IQ with the honeybird attached kicks hard

I would prefer conduction over convection if you want a nearer effect like smoking a pipe
I think my org pax is conduction, correct??

Last edited by a moderator:
Smokinjoe,

alpine dude

hi there, my iq worked great untill yesterday... loaded it up, put in the charged battery, turned it on and left it on the desk for 3 minutes... when i came back the whole room smelled like burning weed. took the iq wich was extremly hot went outside and got the batt out, since it didnt turn off. after cleaning and cooling i put in new batterys. always the same. it starts to vibrate continuesly until i remove the well working batterys. shut off/factory reset doesnt work, app doesnt connect. i guess the electronics got damaged due to the massive heat. i contacted cs and will see what happens - will keep you guys up to date.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Has anyone had this experience with their IQ:

It starts up seems to heat up but you cannot draw through it as if it was super clogged. I've cleaned my mouthpiece and used a brand new spare, the flavor chamber is empty and clean, its seems like maybe the bottom of the flavor chamber and the over no longer line up? Is that possible?

Cheers

slcbdco,

exime

hi there, my iq worked great untill yesterday... loaded it up, put in the charged battery, turned it on and left it on the desk for 3 minutes... when i came back the whole room smelled like burning weed. took the iq wich was extremly hot went outside and got the batt out, since it didnt turn off. after cleaning and cooling i put in new batterys. always the same. it starts to vibrate continuesly until i remove the well working batterys. shut off/factory reset doesnt work, app doesnt connect. i guess the electronics got damaged due to the massive heat. i contacted cs and will see what happens - will keep you guys up to date.

When I talked to customer service she said that the device has no way to release heat unless you take a draw. My only guess is leaving the device alone for 3 minutes without taking a draw fried the components because it couldn't release the heat.

It only takes 30 seconds to get up to 300+ degrees so that would leave at least 2 minutes of no-heat release at top temps.

Just a shot in the dark I really have no idea but I got that info from CS so I thought I'd share.

Top Bottom