MorrisBanks

Hello, I was really happy with my Davinci IQ but after a while there come several Problems. First some parts fall apart like the magnet in the toplid. Or the metallcase around the flavour chamber which is simply glued on. The pearl from the silicon. But could still use the vaporizer. Now it is not possible to switch the device on. after install the battery it just vibrates and doesn't stop to vibrate until I remove the battery. Need a new RMA#
Sorry if my english isn't proper. I am a german customer

Last edited:

Damper

Hello, I was really happy with my Davinci IQ but after a while there come several Problems. First some parts fall apart like the magnet in the toplid. Or the metallcase around the flavour chamber which is simply glued on. The pearl from the silicon. But could still use the vaporizer. Now it is not possible to switch the device on. after install the battery it just vibrates and doesn't stop to vibrate until I remove the battery. Need a new RMA#

schreib ne email, mit Bilder, an customerservice@davincivaporizer.com oder geh zu deinem Händler, bei dem du den IQ gekauft hast.

in english: write an email,pictures included, to customerservice@davincivaporizer.com or go to your retailer where you purchased your IQ

BigJr48

schreib ne email, mit Bilder, an customerservice@davincivaporizer.com oder geh zu deinem Händler, bei dem du den IQ gekauft hast.

in english: write an email,pictures included, to customerservice@davincivaporizer.com or go to your retailer where you purchased your IQ

You can PM @Davinci_vaporizer in this forum

almost there

but the fc responsible guy has to forward it to the CS, so why not directly!??
do both. Start with CS and submit your request and Davinci will give you a support request number. After that you can submit your pm to @Davinci_vaporizer with your case number along with the details of your problem. @Davinci_vaporizer can facilitate the speed of your service but its best to have the problems documented first with the CS route.

disGRUNTled

Man its been forever since I posted in this thread , putting a couple of bowls of Blue Dream thru the IQ. Listening to Grind Mode Cyphers on Youtube.
q9vxT7z.jpg

q2ZIAfV.jpg

manujoe

Probably cause you are looking at previously connected items. We are talking on the scan list.

Example, you buy a bluetooth headset and hit scan it will not be there. You put said headset in pair mode and it will appear. Once connected it will always show in connected items until you delete the connection.

The IQ and the Crafty use temporary connections so once disconnected or the app is closed the connection is terminated. The only difference is, as I already posted way after the quoted section, Davinci says you have to remove the battery to stop broadcasting bluetooth. The crafty turns off its bluetooth signal after 5 minutes and will not show up in a scan till you put it in pairing mode(tap power button).

This is not a giant issue as I just take battery out of IQ all the time now, since I know it is just wasting battery life in there, but a better design would have been to only have bluetooth on while the device is on or by putting it in a pairing mode.
Exactly what I meant. Cheers for pointing out the error of my way

manujoe,

cobra505

Defined
RMA's.
First of all I just wanted to let everyone know that the whole shutting down thing was kind of just a question thing. When you've had more returns than you've actually had your unit you forget actually how the thing works. And I never said in ANY of my posts that I returned my unit all of those times for that problem. Even on the 4th RMA if you go back and actually look at my posts when I was talking about returning it the IQ was just shutting down on it's own.
Don't know were you guys are coming up with this stuff.

cobra505,
Reactions: BigJr48

KidKush91

i don't even use my iq any more nothing wrong with it i just been using my volcano a lot more curious has anybody found themselves using the device less and less over time ?

Modnote: Post edited to comply with forum rules

Last edited by a moderator:
KidKush91,

BigJr48

i don't even use my iq any more nothing wrong with it i just been using my volcano a lot more curious has anybody found themselves using the device less and less over time ?

Modnote: Post edited to comply with forum rules

Don't feel bad I've only used mine for about 5 sessions, soon after it went right back in the box where it still remains.

BigJr48

Wow, @KidKush91 and @BigJr48 , you guys are a serious buzz kill! Thanks for confirming my decision not to order one (that, and the fact that no one can discount it...).

I'm a flavor chaser and my cravings couldn't be met, thankfully I had my Arizer Air to sustain the monkey on my back and just yesterday I received my Mystic Blue Solo 2 which made all my dreams come true....

BigJr48,

kiddvudu2

I still use my IQ as my only device roughly 5 times a day. So glad I purchased it. Completely cured me of combusting which I used to do 5 times a day. Now that softball season has started back up I can confirm my lungs are thanking me. 10 year warranty makes the investment a no-brainer. I'm sure I'll supplement with more devices someday, but I'm still a very satisfied customer.

exime

I have sent mine in for RMA because it kept shutting off and because it stopped cooking my herb.

I even stressed tested it and put it in at 430 for 10+ minutes and half of it would come out green. When I first got the unit, path 4 turned everything dark brown.

The units exterior shell would be extremely hot by the end according to my oven thermometer so it's definitely heating something.

Last edited:
exime,

Justpassedu

Wow, @KidKush91 and @BigJr48 , you guys are a serious buzz kill! Thanks for confirming my decision not to order one (that, and the fact that no one can discount it...).
No worries man , customer service may not be so great unless they have fixed that issue. I have not come around here in a bit bc after my 1st Rma and getting a new Iq replacement sent , it has been working great. I happen to really like mine and you can see in my Sig i have many vapes. Taste is great , swap-able batteries always a plus , it is easy to use , looks nice , feels nice and is the perfect size along with being a heavy hitter. I would not let the haters deter you from a purchase , everyone has there own opinions and while i was ready to give up the 1st time trying to send mine in i stuck it out and waited and i am glad i gave the device a 2nd chance bc i use it a few times a week and i am always happy with the outcome. As for coupons , i am sure you can find something , try puffitup , they usually always have some sort of coupon code.

PazerOne

@exime: How is your status regarding the RMA ? I got in contact with Davinci Support because my unit gets very hot and they told me that everything is ok. I also stated that I tried some things (different grind/material, different usage (smart/temp), with/out flavour chamber...) but they didn't help me as excpected. The material is evenly brown and without the flavour chamber the surface feels good to me.
I've no real clue if it's normal or not. For comparison I own a Storm Pen and a Pax2 and they don't even get that hot - it's clear that they are different devices.
Next thing I will try is switch to a LG HG2 and a Samsung Q30 - but the support said that this is proofen to be useless.

*sorry for any mistakes as I'm not a native speaker*

Last edited:
PazerOne,

Trulukkyphrank

@exime: How is your status regarding the RMA ? I got in contact with Davinci Support because my unit gets very hot and they told me that everything is ok. I also stated that I tried some things (different grind/material, different usage (smart/temp), with/out flavour chamber...) but they didn't help me as excpected. The material is evenly brown and without the flavour chamber the surface feels good to me.
I've no real clue if it's normal or not. For comparison I own a Storm Pen and a Pax2 and they don't even get that hot - it's clear that they are different devices.
Next thing I will try is switch to a LG HG2 and a Samsung Q30 - but the support said that this is proofen to be useless.

the davinci iq gets hotter than most other vaporizers bc of the thin shell, they used every millimeter inside. I would say if you herb didn't get burned and you get a nice avb it works correct. btw I wouldn't use it without the flavor chamber, the vapor path isn't sealed anymore without it so you breath air trough the electronics inside.

As previously discussed in this forum, some people are more sensitive to heat and for these this device feels very hot, there should be a case in devlopment to help you out.

edit: I vape only below 380F but it seems if you put the device down for some time, out of your hand, it gains much more heat than when you hold it the whole session in your hand. If it gets uncomfortable just switch to the other hand, your skin takes very fast heat away from the shell

Trulukkyphrank,

PazerOne

@Trulukkyphrank: I think I'm not very temp. sensitiv but the IQ feels hotter as ist should be.
I will check if the surface gets hotter than 55° Celsius (~130F) as it was stated from the support to be ok in/after a 10 min session

BigJr48

The Samsung 30Q is the best battery for the IQ, it maintains the unit cooler while providing decent battery life.

Trulukkyphrank

I have very good experience with the customer service and RMA process!

my story:

I crashed my device very hard on the streets. It was scratched over the whole surface. First moment I thought it was completely broken. For my surprise it still worked well, but it seemed that the vibration engine got loose inside and shattered inside around when I moved the device. This was very annoying. But it still worked well, just no haptic feedback. I was very undecided to contact the customer service for many reasons:
1. I live in Switzerland
2. I got one of the first devices from preorder programm and it worked perfect(till the crash) but I heard some stories in this forum where people got a failing device from RMA back
3. I wasn't even sure if my self destruction goes under the warranty bc they stated on the website this is not covered

After some time I made the step for contacting the service cause I didn't liked my IQ anymore witht he decent flaws.. The contact was very nice and fast. I was impressed that they opened a location in Spain just for EU customer service! I sent the device in with fingers crossed and after around 3 weeks I got a BRAND NEW device back! The device works perfect like my first one! I have a slight feeling it runs cooler than the first, maybe I had a hot running one, I don't know, I had no problems with the heat at any time.

I'm really happy that davinci take the 10year warranty serious, I think if you buy an IQ you can expect to have for 10 years a very well working vaporizer!

@PazerOne some guy did some testing before in this forum. I think the highest temp ever measured was at 199F after some sessions at the highest temp. And as stated this is still secure for usage. If you want the post about this topic you must search sorry

Top Bottom