Nostalgia1

After I filled the chamber halfway, I pressed it down like I make elbow packs with the arizer vtower, so pretty tight.

I don't think the packing is the issue, with the battery sparking on one occasion and the unit getting uncomfortably hot.

Greetings

yeah the packing is the issue lol, if you fill it up half-way youre not gonna get that much vapor because the weed is not touching the Ball to heat up that part of the weed, you're missing a lot then. That's exactly why you're not getting the vapor you want.

can you read it by going 30-50 pages back or search it but DaVinci was struggling with the vapor quality of the IQ until they added the ball lol.

the IQ needs a lot of weed for it to be fully efficient, you have to FILL the chamber, which is why i suggested the glass spacers if you don't want to use that much weed but still want to produce a lot of vapor. There is a reason the spacers exist, cause if you fill it half way and you don't have the spacer to be between the weed and the ball you're not gonna produce the vapor quality that you want.

Just got my davinci iq and I love the thing but I feel like the draw resistance is insane with the flat mouthpiece. without the rubber gasket I can suck through that flat piece fine, I put it on (with the offset holes going to the right side obviously) and it becomes nearly impossible to suck out of and it barely let's any air through, and the extended mouthpiece is like breathing straight air no resistance almost at all. Is this intentional or am I doing something wrong??

I don't think many people use the flat mouth piece for that exact reason. I have only used the flat mouth piece once since owning the IQ since January, it's easier to share too. I rather have someone put their mouth on the extended mouthpiece then over my IQ with the flat mouthpiece.

btw nice name lol

Last edited:
Nostalgia1,

Randy Lahey

Not sure this is going to be popular on a fuck combustion forum but after about 2 weeks or something of use a couple times a day, I finally emptied my flavor chamber lol. I forgot I put a nugget in it. Draw resistance was building so I took the whole thing apart and cleaned it really well, parts soaking as I type....

So I fish this gummy, goey covered nugget. Completely covered in resin lol. Cant wait to toss it in the pipe tonight!!

The app IS showing up as an App Suggestion (a Siri feature). That does not mean the app is running. Siri notes when you use specific apps and will make suggestions for apps you MIGHT want to use when you swipe down the screen. If the DaVinci app is running and you hit the Home button twice, it should show up as one of your program options to select.

Not sure how typical but the app completely doesnt work for me at all. I use paths 3 and 4 and like them enough. App crashes literally every time I try to do anything (droid).

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy Lahey,

cobra505

Defined
So the maximum continous discharge rate seems to damage the unit in the long haul, making the samsung 30q the better option.
I know shit about batteries and when we were discussing this pages ago I went back and order a couple of EFEST 35A 3000maH only problem is my unit's been in on a RMA so I haven't had a chance to even try them.

So I get what everyone's saying about the Siri thing on the iPhone. So my argument is this. The Davinci app doesn't get put there after 2 weeks just for the hell of because Siri decided to.

So I took another Screenshot this time not of the Suggested apps, look at the bottom, very bottom of the Screenshot.

IMG_0374.jpg

Now that's not a Siri Suggestion.

cobra505,

bobo305

how tight did you pack it? if you want big clouds you gotta pack it tight and full. If you don't want to use a lot of weed you can get their glass spacers, but regardless the IQ gives out a lot of vapor.

lots of vapor
yeah, at 430 degrees. that doesn't impress me. I vape 350-370...show me big clouds at those lower temps and I'd be impressed.

bobo305,
Reactions: Baron23

almost there

yeah, at 430 degrees. that doesn't impress me. I vape 350-370...show me big clouds at those lower temps and I'd be impressed.
I use the IQ most often at the temp range you vape at. It's a hard working device and very pleasant as a sipper. I don't feel the need to blow big clouds at such a mild temp and if I was going for that effect I would opt for something more specialized for big clouds. Like all vapes it may not suit everyone.

cobra505

Defined
I use the IQ most often at the temp range you vape at.
Actually I live in a non-420 household and also have COPD so I vape @ around 380 so no clouds, no problem.
So being an OLD GUY, hence the avatar, whats the deal with the clouds? Always thought it was really just a marketing gimmick. Hell if it does what it supposed to do who the hell cares right?

wj73

Has anyone used the glass spacers in the IQ? I'm looking for a vape, but have a low tolerance and don't want to hit it 10-20 times every time. I'd love something that I can hit like 2-5 times and not waste material. Would the bigger space provide something like that?

wj73,

Randy Lahey

Has anyone used the glass spacers in the IQ? I'm looking for a vape, but have a low tolerance and don't want to hit it 10-20 times every time. I'd love something that I can hit like 2-5 times and not waste material. Would the bigger space provide something like that?
get a firefly2

Randy Lahey,

Nostalgia1

did i say anything about 430? lol all i did was post the video of its vapor quality lmao calm down

i have the glass spacers, it helps save weed but you still have to hit it couple times. if you want a "one hitter", get a dynavap

Last edited by a moderator:
Nostalgia1,

Randy Lahey

I pretty much exclusively use path 3 and it works really well. Nice taste in the early pulls and great clouds if youre into that sorta thing (I am).

wj73

i have the glass spacers, it helps save weed but you still have to hit it couple times. if you want a "one hitter", get a dynavap

If it's just a couple times, that would be perfect. So the large spacer can shrink the bowl so there's enough material for a couple to a few hits?

wj73,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
If it's just a couple times, that would be perfect. So the large spacer can shrink the bowl so there's enough material for a couple to a few hits?

If I remember corectly, the large spacer does cut the session but I still got like 5-6 good rips with it. A few good ones on low temp 365, then the rest at higher temps. You would still probably be wasting material if you were going to only hit it 2-3 times. You could save your material though, and make it into butter I guess. I always save mine because I vape at low temps. Like the other members said, maybe the firefly 2 or vapcap would work better for your style. However if you got the IQ I think you'd love it.

Paka-cholo,

Baron23

get a firefly2
NOooooooo! LOL Seriously, many like/love their FF2 and there are many who feel plain ripped off by this purchase. Just purchase knowledgeably.

Small load vapes:
Portable:
Vapcap
Grasshopper (but reliability is still an issue).
Sticky Bricks Jr works well with .1 g or so
Even S&B Crafty/Mighty with Dosing capsule
What else guys....

Desktop:
Enano or other log vape. VERY flexible on load size and can go down to .05 g or so for a couple of good draws
What else guys?

Probably not the place for a review of small load vapes, but there is definitely other options out there other than the FF2. Just saying.

I had an IQ loaner for 3-4 days. I just could not get to be one with this device. The one device I used had high draw resistance (objectionably high IMO and I own VC's, yeah?), too damn big of a load (spacers will certainly help but what a band aid approach), and I just didn't find it all that effecient of an extractor. BUT there are so many others out there loving it that it may well have just been this one device).

Regarding the MP, I hated the flat one preferred the 10mm GonG MP.

exime

The large spacer shrinks a majority of the bowl. 75% ballpark. It definitely shortens the session but it's still more than 2-3 hits. If you mostly use it at home you can empty it out after your 2-3 hits and save it for later. If you turn it off and leave it inside it will keep cooking.

Take a look at the vapcap butane vaporizer. 1st hit is a warm up and 2nd and 3rd hits are big. Then you could stash it away and use the rest later.

exime,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
NOooooooo! LOL Seriously, many like/love their FF2 and there are many who feel plain ripped off by this purchase. Just purchase knowledgeably.

Small load vapes:
Portable:
Vapcap
Grasshopper (but reliability is still an issue).
Sticky Bricks Jr works well with .1 g or so
Even S&B Crafty/Mighty with Dosing capsule
What else guys....

Desktop:
Enano or other log vape. VERY flexible on load size and can go down to .05 g or so for a couple of good draws
What else guys?

Probably not the place for a review of small load vapes, but there is definitely other options out there other than the FF2. Just saying.

I had an IQ loaner for 3-4 days. I just could not get to be one with this device. The one device I used had high draw resistance (objectionably high IMO and I own VC's, yeah?), too damn big of a load (spacers will certainly help but what a band aid approach), and I just didn't find it all that effecient of an extractor. BUT there are so many others out there loving it that it may well have just been this one device).

Regarding the MP, I hated the flat one preferred the 10mm GonG MP.

lol I hear you for sure. I rarely use mine(ff2) but it does have its place when I'm low on flower and want to use my kief.

For my preference the IQ draw resistance is not great with the flat piece for sure. It was night and day better with the 10mil.

wj73

If I remember corectly, the large spacer does cut the session but I still got like 5-6 good rips with it. A few good ones on low temp 365, then the rest at higher temps. You would still probably be wasting material if you were going to only hit it 2-3 times. You could save your material though, and make it into butter I guess. I always save mine because I vape at low temps. Like the other members said, maybe the firefly 2 or vapcap would work better for your style. However if you got the IQ I think you'd love it.

It really is between the Firefly 2 and Davinci for me. I want that on-demand, hit by hit when I want, but I do really like the Davinci as well.

wj73,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
It really is between the Firefly 2 and Davinci for me. I want that on-demand, hit by hit when I want, but I do really like the Davinci as well.

I personally prefer the flavor, and ease of use with my IQ. Like many have said, the ff2 can be a pain in the ass. I have vaped on low temps with my IQ then have come back later and turned it to 430 and still got stoned, however the flavor wasn't there. I think you can pull it off with the big spacer and not waste too much. Is flower expensive where you live?

Paka-cholo,

wj73

I personally prefer the flavor, and ease of use with my IQ. Like many have said, the ff2 can be a pain in the ass. I have vaped on low temps with my IQ then have come back later and turned it to 430 and still got stoned, however the flavor wasn't there. I think you can pull it off with the big spacer and not waste too much. Is flower expensive where you live?

Med patient. Availability and cost aren't much of a factor.

wj73,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
Med patient. Availability and cost aren't much of a factor.

Excellent. I think you would enjoy the IQ a lot more than the ff2. You can save your ABV, and the larger spacer should work for keeping waste down. Again, I have come back to finish my bowl later. I know there are a few other members who do as well.

With that said though, I'd definitely consider more than just the IQ or FF2 like Baron23 said. So many nice vapes out there for sure.

Paka-cholo,

Baron23

The boundless cfx is good fully loaded and also with small amounts.
I rather like the CFX also. Nice, nice vape. I have also run it full or 1/2 full and it worked fine. I only had it as a loaner for a few days, but I did like it. Ended up with a SwiftPro which is outstanding, particularly for the price. Yeah, full convection and 22 seconds to 385F so the battery can only handle 3-4 loads I believe, but don't mean anything to me as I'm not partying with 20 of my newest best friends...well, at least mostly. LOL

@wj73 - The FlowerMate SwiftPro is another option. Since its full convection, you will not cook your herbs in-between draws and the bowl is a decently compact size (no, not a one hitter, but you can hit it, turn it off, and come back and hit it again later pretty much without loss except for flavor which goes fast anyway).

With the SP (and most convective vapes) the first draw really just kind of primes the load (yeah, but great taste) and the second draw is full and thick IME. This may work well for you. I am fond of mine.

kiddvudu2

Excellent. I think you would enjoy the IQ a lot more than the ff2. You can save your ABV, and the larger spacer should work for keeping waste down. Again, I have come back to finish my bowl later. I know there are a few other members who do as well.

With that said though, I'd definitely consider more than just the IQ or FF2 like Baron23 said. So many nice vapes out there for sure.

I am one of the members who has the spacers and do multi-session loads. I rarely use the large spacer because it's just too large for my preferences. I would say if you packed it nice and loose (I always do a draw test or dry hit to see if the resistance is too much before and after closing the lid) then you will probably get 10-15 pulls at 400+ degrees or smart path 4. Obviously the lower temp you vape at, the longer the material will last though. So, there are many variables at play here.

I personally like to pack a full oven to my preferred draw resistance and then smart path on 1, 2, or 3 until the vapor starts to tail off. Then I power down. At this point I have several options: 1) Stir and put the small spacer in and go back at it immediately. 2) Stir and add some AVB and vape on. 3) Empty oven into my AVB container and hit the oven with an ISO pad and my handy nail (mentioned pages ago). 4) Stir and add nothing but then smart path 4 the bastid until I'm all wonky-eyed and my herb is cashed.

I went camping last weekend for the first time since owning the IQ and it performed awesomly (is that a word?). I took along my PAX1 and my glass bowl as backups, and neither of them made an appearance. I even managed a thorough cleaning just to see how much of a PIA it would be, but was pleasantly surprised at how easy it went. As time goes by, I become more and more satisfied with this unit.

I also received and have tested 2 new Samsung 30Q 3000mAh 15A's agains the stock battery and the 4 Eastshine 3500mAh 10A's and concluded that the Samsung's probably run slightly cooler, but all of them are within reason of eachother.

Peese!

jay87

The IQ and the Firefly 2 are literally complete opposites.

The IQ is a conduction, session based vaporizer with a huge bowl.

The Firefly 2 is a convection, on-demand vaporizer with a relatively small bowl.

I have both and I can tell you that if you just want a small number of hits on-demand, and then put it back on the charger the FF2 would be great for that. The IQ would be much better to take out because the battery is much better and it's easier to get hits off of without any thinking at all.

The FF2 would not be good as a group vaporizer, but it just so happens the IQ is an amazing group vaporizer that is best used for long sessions on low temperatures or used for huge rips through water.

The FF2 is extremely efficient and the bowl isn't that large, the IQ uses a lot of material because the bowl is huge, even with spacers its still a session vape that will require many draws to fully extract your material.

IMO the FF2 learning curve is way overblown, I have no issues getting good hits every time but it does require a long, consistent draw. Anyone who tries to suck harder on the FF2 and expects to get more vapor is doing it completely wrong.

I think there are a lot of people who never learned or understood how their FF2 works, and hate it because of that. That's a personal problem not a vaporizer problem IMO.

The IQ is an incredible session vaporizer for groups and it milks the crap out of water pieces at high temperatures. The IQ is also a great session vaporizer for flavor and good effects when used at lower temperatures 360F-375F.

The IQ is not good at single hits, but it was never designed to be. It is however incredible for passing around and milking water pieces which are my main uses for it. Even long drawn out sipping sessions as lower temperatures are great on the IQ as well. The IQ is not made for single hits, while the FF2 is made specifically for single hits.

They're just complete opposites and compliment each other very well in my opinion. :2c:

Top Bottom