Donla94

I've learned just to not mess with it. I've had so many damn RMA's on one of my unit's I could tell the damn thing was just going to snap. From what I understand it's not metal .

Voicing my opinion here but Davinci should be implementing changes to the pearl post. I bet most RMAs are being created because of this issue. Engineering should figure out how to make the material more strong or work with sourcing to find a new supplier offering a better rubber alternative.

Last edited:
Donla94,

cobra505

Defined
Has anyone used the glass spacers in the IQ? I'm looking for a vape, but have a low tolerance and don't want to hit it 10-20 times every time. I'd love something that I can hit like 2-5 times and not waste material. Would the bigger space provide something like that?
You can also check out the Starry Forum:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/x-max-starry.24267/
This is a pretty good unit. Think of the IQ with the look of a PAX. Has the weight of the IQ also. None of the bells & whistles of the IQ either for 1/2 the price.
It's getting pretty good reviews. Actually purchased one while my IQ is still on RMA.

Voicing my opinion here but Davinci should be implementing changes to the pearl post. I bet most RMAs are being created because of this issue. Engineering should figure out how to make the material more strong or work with sourcing to find a new supplier offering a better rubber alternative.

Early on before you became a member users were unscrewing their Pearl to make the material chamber smaller, didn't really make much of a difference. I received my first unit without a Pearl. Go figure.

Last edited:
cobra505,

wj73

The IQ and the Firefly 2 are literally complete opposites.

The IQ is a conduction, session based vaporizer with a huge bowl.

The Firefly 2 is a convection, on-demand vaporizer with a relatively small bowl.

I have both and I can tell you that if you just want a small number of hits on-demand, and then put it back on the charger the FF2 would be great for that. The IQ would be much better to take out because the battery is much better and it's easier to get hits off of without any thinking at all.

The FF2 would not be good as a group vaporizer, but it just so happens the IQ is an amazing group vaporizer that is best used for long sessions on low temperatures or used for huge rips through water.

The FF2 is extremely efficient and the bowl isn't that large, the IQ uses a lot of material because the bowl is huge, even with spacers its still a session vape that will require many draws to fully extract your material.

IMO the FF2 learning curve is way overblown, I have no issues getting good hits every time but it does require a long, consistent draw. Anyone who tries to suck harder on the FF2 and expects to get more vapor is doing it completely wrong.

I think there are a lot of people who never learned or understood how their FF2 works, and hate it because of that. That's a personal problem not a vaporizer problem IMO.

The IQ is an incredible session vaporizer for groups and it milks the crap out of water pieces at high temperatures. The IQ is also a great session vaporizer for flavor and good effects when used at lower temperatures 360F-375F.

The IQ is not good at single hits, but it was never designed to be. It is however incredible for passing around and milking water pieces which are my main uses for it. Even long drawn out sipping sessions as lower temperatures are great on the IQ as well. The IQ is not made for single hits, while the FF2 is made specifically for single hits.

They're just complete opposites and compliment each other very well in my opinion. :2c:

I realized the problem is that I want them both. Shit.

ToxicVape

I realized the problem is that I want them both. Shit.
I own both and I now use the IQ for dry herb and FF2 strictly for concentrates. I hate the stirring and performance(low vapor production) of dry herb on FF2. This is a subjective complaint as it still gets me lifted to the Exosphere but I wanna see the vapor...

Long story short I have both and they are great!

Baron23

I think there are a lot of people who never learned or understood how their FF2 works, and hate it because of that. That's a personal problem not a vaporizer problem IMO.

IMO any vaporizer that requires some in depth and esoteric education and understanding is a failure of proper design. Just saying. :brow:

Baron23,

david8613

I contacted an ebay seller who is making 3d printed cases for the grasshopper to see if he can make a case for the davinci iq, he is waiting on a friend to buy one. Anyone know of anyone making this?

david8613,

Randy Lahey

I own both and I now use the IQ for dry herb and FF2 strictly for concentrates. I hate the stirring and performance(low vapor production) of dry herb on FF2. This is a subjective complaint as it still gets me lifted to the Exosphere but I wanna see the vapor...

Long story short I have both and they are great!
I have both too and agree 100% with you

Randy Lahey,

manujoe

False. Go into your bluetooth settings on your phone and scan for devices the Davinci IQ will always be there. That means the IQ is broadcasting bluetooth 24hrs a day which is plain stupid. On the Crafty you have to press the power button once for it to begin broadcasting and it shuts off bluetooth if no connection to the app is detected for 5-10 minutes.

Also while my device is heating it clicks and makes digital sounding buzzes like crazy like I can hear it from 2 feet away is this normal?
All my devices are Bluetooth visible even when off

manujoe,

ToxicVape

All my devices are Bluetooth visible even when off
Probably cause you are looking at previously connected items. We are talking on the scan list.

Example, you buy a bluetooth headset and hit scan it will not be there. You put said headset in pair mode and it will appear. Once connected it will always show in connected items until you delete the connection.

The IQ and the Crafty use temporary connections so once disconnected or the app is closed the connection is terminated. The only difference is, as I already posted way after the quoted section, Davinci says you have to remove the battery to stop broadcasting bluetooth. The crafty turns off its bluetooth signal after 5 minutes and will not show up in a scan till you put it in pairing mode(tap power button).

This is not a giant issue as I just take battery out of IQ all the time now, since I know it is just wasting battery life in there, but a better design would have been to only have bluetooth on while the device is on or by putting it in a pairing mode.

ToxicVape,
Reactions: manujoe

artist

livin'in vapooodia
to disable the connection between the iq and the iphone/smartphone
enter the app and go to "my devices", then "disconnect", the app will say "no devices" and you can not turn the iq on anymore via the app,
if you like to turn the device back on via the app,
then you have to go back to "my devices" and "connect"
as long, as it is in "disconnect"- mode, i guess there is no more connection between the app/phone and the iq and therefore there can't be any battery usage in that time....i hope...think..guess..
hope this can help..:-)

artist,

cobra505

Defined
I finally got my 5th unit back from Davinci today. Was almost afraid to power it up. I have so many accessory kits was thinking about selling a few here, LOL.
So right off the bat. Don't know if any of you guy's that have iPhone's that use the App have had this issue before but I have. Submitted a ticket with Davinci on it. If you try to register a new IQ with the App you get the errors shown below.

IMG_0378.png

Hit the "Continue" Button

IMG_0379.png

The only way I could fix it was to delete the App and reinstall it. i only submitted the ticket to let them know. After so many RMA's and seeing it so many time's you know it's not a fluke.

IMO any vaporizer that requires some in depth and esoteric education and understanding is a failure of proper design. Just saying. :brow:
Agreed, I owned a FF1, it was my first vape, and yes it did need sort of a leaning curve to properly get the most out of it's capabilities, but once there it performed very well.
The only argument that I continually bring up is form factor when it comes to the FireFly's. I just never really considered them to be true portables. I know there small, but there just like sit around the camp fire kind of vape, LOL.

IMO the FF2 learning curve is way overblown, I have no issues getting good hits every time but it does require a long, consistent draw. Anyone who tries to suck harder on the FF2 and expects to get more vapor is doing it completely wrong.
I don't know what they did to improve the FF2. But I know on my FF1 what I made sure of because of it's design is that it got a light brush down of both covers, and then a ISO wipe. I think most don't really take note of the easy yet complex method of vapor flow with this device and how it can be hindered so easily. As far as the learning curve goes, the only thing I used to do was toggle the power button on hits, but that's about it, not much of a learning curve.

cobra505,

Nostalgia1

Nostalgia1,

cobra505

Defined
Well put the RMA #5 thru the paces, I'm done with @Davinci_vaporizer will never by another product from them again. This unit has one of the same exact problems that I returned the last unit for. Can't believe they didn't test for it.
No shut-down sequence. The only way I know if the device is off is to go into the App to make sure it's actually off. Do the 5 clicks and everything just disappears.
Burned thru a whole chamber of material last night because I thought the unit was off and it was still burning away. Piss me off.
You would think at this point that @Davinci_vaporizer they would have some sort of Quality control processes in place for specific things before they box these things up. But I guess not.
Already sent them an email stating my displeasure with this. I'll be damn if I'm going to wait another month for a new unit. I'll just have to get used to the fact that I have to check the App all the time to make sure the unit is off. Crappy customer service is alive and well at @Davinci_vaporizer, and after 5 units I think I get the right to state this.

cobra505,

cobra505

Defined
isn't that how the vape is suppose to work? loll
When you power it up the battery indicator comes up then you get the little animation arrows, then the unit heats up. Does this process in total reverse when shutting down, at least my units used to do this. They never just turned right off. I always got the animation arrows with the battery indicator before it totally shutdown.

cobra505,
Reactions: BigJr48

Nostalgia1

When you power it up the battery indicator comes up then you get the little animation arrows, then the unit heats up. Does this process in total reverse when shutting down, at least my units used to do this. They never just turned right off. I always got the animation arrows with the battery indicator before it totally shutdown.

I think you wasted hella time getting 5 RMAs then because when you press 5 times to shut it down, it just shuts down, no "arrow animations" or anything

Richaye

The unit I have atm gets waayyy hotter than my previous unit I had to RMA.

I think I remember reading that it can be fixed by replacing the battery?

Richaye,

kiddvudu2

I think you wasted hella time getting 5 RMAs then because when you press 5 times to shut it down, it just shuts down, no "arrow animations" or anything

Same with my unit (still original and working like a tank) - arrows and batt status on power up, power off just blanks everything and powers IQ off. However if u leave herb in the oven, it will continue to cook during cool down. Unless, of course, u do my little trick of stirring and taking a few long draws with the oven lid open to pull cool air through oven. I do this if I'm saving a partially cooked load for later.

Forbin's Dog

My shutdown is also just a vibration and then lights off, no arrows or battery indicator animation. It's always been this way, and I've had zero complaints with my IQ. Happy owner since Dec. 2016 still on my first copper unit.

david8613

I think he is confusing after using boost mode, you see the tempurature dropping, with arrrows, but she does not shut off all the way, it like a stand by mode. 5 clicks shuts the unit all the way off. Sorry but you should Learn to use the unit properly, before sending it in, or saying its not good. Thats what forums are for, ask questions, read instructions, watch you tube videos, so much info everywhere. The davinci iq is one of the nicest conduction vapes out there right now, the only way i guess davinci can make it better is making it convection. I think you might need a simplier vape, maybe a boundless cfx, i have one super easy, very hard to mess up, works great!

almost there

definitely not the button top, has to be the flat top. I don't know anything about the i2 charger, I picked up the D2 which was a few more dollars and has the voltage meter which is pretty handy

almost there,
Top Bottom