cobra505

Defined
I guess Davinci engineers wanted to allow users to remotely turn their IQs on. In my opinion, this should be only possible after IQ and a specific phones are first paired with each other.
My opinion is that it was probably cheeper for Davinci to hire a 3rd party developer who already has experience with this. Isn't this there first bluetooth type device? From a price stand point while developing a product it might just be more cost effective.

cobra505,

exime

Just used my device at 380F for 10min and hit it with a temp gun. 98F externally and 94F on the battery. Nowhere near dangerous or hot to touch. Quite nice like a mini hand warmer.

Did a 10min 430F burn off with similar results...
@ToxicVape

I don't have a temp gun but I rested the IQ on top of my oven thermometer prongs and at around 5 minutes it was about 98 F degrees on IQ-path 4. After the 10 minute auto shut off I turned it on again. By minute 20 it got up to about 112 degrees Fahrenheit and it's extremely hot to the touch. I can accept this as normal operation but if it just makes long sessions and refills a lot harder to hold the device.

Could you do a 20 minute session with your heat gun and see what temp you get?

Last edited:
exime,

ToxicVape

Official Davinci response from the support team. I am happy knowing I do not have a broken device.

"The Bluetooth on the IQ is always passively on which is why it states to remove the battery from the device if you plan on not using it for an extended period of time."

Anyone have any tips for screwing on the pearl? I can only get it to the last 4 or 5 threads I can not get it back on fully!

Wheelstech

After a 8 minutes of a 10 minute session on smartpath 2 the body of my IQ is 122 degrees as measured with an FDA approved IR thermometer. According to NIST, a skin temp of 111 F is the temperature at which the human body begins to feel pain. Is it 'normal' for this device to get this hot on the outside?

Wheelstech,
Reactions: BigJr48

cobra505

Defined
Anyone have any tips for screwing on the pearl? I can only get it to the last 4 or 5 threads I can not get it back on fully!
I've learned just to not mess with it. I've had so many damn RMA's on one of my unit's I could tell the damn thing was just going to snap. From what I understand it's not metal.

After a 8 minutes of a 10 minute session on smartpath 2 the body of my IQ is 122 degrees as measured with an FDA approved IR thermometer. According to NIST, a skin temp of 111 F is the temperature at which the human body begins to feel pain. Is it 'normal' for this device to get this hot on the outside?
So quick question, are you using the Davinci battery? If you go back about 10-15 pages we were all on a bitch session about batteries. Well mostly me, LOL. Wrong battery will make the unit run hotter.
You should be using something around a 3500mah 10A, feel free to chime in on this guys.

cobra505,

Wheelstech

I've learned just to not mess with it. I've had so many damn RMA's on one of my unit's I could tell the damn thing was just going to snap. From what I understand it's not metal.

So quick question, are you using the Davinci battery? If you go back about 10-15 pages we were all on a bitch session about batteries. Well mostly me, LOL. Wrong battery will make the unit run hotter.
You should be using something around a 3500mah 10A, feel free to chime in on this guys.

Yes, this was with the Davinci battery. I have also tried a samsung and an Aspire 2600 - which were the only other batteries I had access to with very similar results.

Wheelstech,

BigJr48

@Wheelstech, using a 15amp battery maintains the unit fairly warm and comfortable to hold but not hot to the touch.

BigJr48,

david8613

Yes he is right, its always on! My unit was offf but still broadcasting...
Screenshot_2017-04-30-16-58-17.png

david8613,

exime

I knew Davinci was NSA!

I bought a new Samsung battery and it functions better for example you don't get the low battery signal prematurely anymore. It does however still get extremely hot after long sessions and refills.

Last edited:
exime,

mantrixx44

Just bought the iq, few questions.

Noticed there are quite a few peeps with battery issues, seems the stock sanyo isn't very good.
Last time I used the iq, I noticed a spark at the top of the unit, the unit gets too hot too.

I'm also disappointed witht the volume of the clouds, they are small and wispy, smart path 3 or 4 doesn't matter. Would this be battery related too ?

Interested to hear the opinion of other owners.

Greetings

mantrixx44,

almost there

Official Davinci response from the support team. I am happy knowing I do not have a broken device.

"The Bluetooth on the IQ is always passively on which is why it states to remove the battery from the device if you plan on not using it for an extended period of time."

Try doing it after heating up the unit for a few minutes, it'll melt whatever resin that's gumming it together. Make sure u wrap ur fingers in case the pearl is hot

almost there,

dankly

Just bought the iq, few questions.

Noticed there are quite a few peeps with battery issues, seems the stock sanyo isn't very good.
Last time I used the iq, I noticed a spark at the top of the unit, the unit gets too hot too.

I'm also disappointed witht the volume of the clouds, they are small and wispy, smart path 3 or 4 doesn't matter. Would this be battery related too ?

Interested to hear the opinion of other owners.

Greetings

Sounds like you're not packing the chamber enough and/or too frequent draws. I thought the same thing at first and was using it on max temp because it wasn't behaving how I thought it should. Now I only use path 1 and 2 and it works perfectly.

exime

Sounds like you're not packing the chamber enough and/or too frequent draws. I thought the same thing at first and was using it on max temp because it wasn't behaving how I thought it should. Now I only use path 1 and 2 and it works perfectly.

That's true you need a good pack and you also need to stir to get all the goodies. Sometimes I just get a really stubborn fresh bushy sativa that produces little vapor. I think with these strains you need to leave your jar open and let them dry out.

exime,

Trulukkyphrank

try to make the threads on both sides wet, inside the pearl and on the post, it slides much better

cobra505

Defined
Well Davinci responded to my ticket today on the Bluetooth. Can't believe their response.

The original question was this:
"Currently my IQ is in for repair under a RMA. There has been multiple discussions about the app and it's bluetooth usage. For the last 2 days the app has been showing up in my recently used apps on my iPhone again which is weird since it's in under repair. See screenshots on FC.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-davinci-iq.22792/page-95.
A lot of users want to know about this and would be nice to get some answers
"

Cut & paste from their email:
"That is an app suggestion. Apple suggests what apps you use frequently based on usage statistics to make it easier for you to get to them. We would advise reaching out to Apple about this."

I'm sorry that just doesn't make any sense. If I'm not using the app because I'm not, don't have the device, then how is it showing up. This is another example that tells me that they did not develop this app.

I'm telling you guys they have no idea.

Mr Mellish

Well Davinci responded to my ticket today on the Bluetooth. Can't believe their response.

The original question was this:
"Currently my IQ is in for repair under a RMA. There has been multiple discussions about the app and it's bluetooth usage. For the last 2 days the app has been showing up in my recently used apps on my iPhone again which is weird since it's in under repair. See screenshots on FC.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-davinci-iq.22792/page-95.
A lot of users want to know about this and would be nice to get some answers
"

Cut & paste from their email:
"That is an app suggestion. Apple suggests what apps you use frequently based on usage statistics to make it easier for you to get to them. We would advise reaching out to Apple about this."

I'm sorry that just doesn't make any sense. If I'm not using the app because I'm not, don't have the device, then how is it showing up. This is another example that tells me that they did not develop this app.

I'm telling you guys they have no idea.

The app IS showing up as an App Suggestion (a Siri feature). That does not mean the app is running. Siri notes when you use specific apps and will make suggestions for apps you MIGHT want to use when you swipe down the screen. If the DaVinci app is running and you hit the Home button twice, it should show up as one of your program options to select.

jay87

Have you ever tried using the IQ to heat the Vapcap? I have the OG Vapcap and am enjoying using Pipe's inductive heater but am also wondering about the feasibility of a more conventional electric heater. I have the IQ, and you are right, perfect fit! Should I just go for it? Anything you think I could damage on either the IQ or the Vapcap?

It definitely works and works quite well to be honest but there's never any click.

It's more like a stem-loaded IQ if you turn the IQ up to 430F and just sit the Vapcap in there to heat it.

I think the inductive heater is probably much better, but as far as I know it's not portable.

I noticed some cap discoloration after a few uses but I think this is just from residue within the IQ oven. There might be an extremely tiny risk of scratching the glass ceramic of the IQ oven, but I don't think it's a serious concern.

It's definitely interesting but I don't do it often, it's a little bit awkward to use.

@Davinci_vaporizer There's a definite feasibility to the idea of creating a Zirconia Stem-loaded vaporizer that utilizes the IQ heater. Kind of a Franken-IQ-Solo creation :science:

This kind of loading would get rid of the issues people have with spacers, loading and unloading issues, and would keep the vaporizer much cleaner.

If you guys decide to manufacture something like this, be sure to send me one for "testing" :brow:

Last edited:
jay87,

mantrixx44

Tried it with more flowers, about 0.3g and with high grade hashish, clouds are still wispy to the point you have to exhale towards the light to see the vapor. Path 1, 2, 3 or 4 make little difference.

Any people with wispy clouds solved this by replacing the battery ?

mantrixx44,

Nostalgia1

Tried it with more flowers, about 0.3g and with high grade hashish, clouds are still wispy to the point you have to exhale towards the light to see the vapor. Path 1, 2, 3 or 4 make little difference.

how tight did you pack it? if you want big clouds you gotta pack it tight and full. If you don't want to use a lot of weed you can get their glass spacers, but regardless the IQ gives out a lot of vapor.

lots of vapor

almost there

I had this issue when my oven couldn't maintain temperature. Start monitoring the temp drop when u take a draw and see if u get drastic drops

almost there,

mantrixx44

how tight did you pack it? if you want big clouds you gotta pack it tight and full. If you don't want to use a lot of weed you can get their glass spacers, but regardless the IQ gives out a lot of vapor.

lots of vapor

After I filled the chamber halfway, I pressed it down like I make elbow packs with the arizer vtower, so pretty tight.

I don't think the packing is the issue, with the battery sparking on one occasion and the unit getting uncomfortably hot.

So I'm thinking about replacing the battery.
The original Sanyo battery is 3500 mah 10A, I'm wondering if I make a smart choise with the same specs with the LG MJ1, if you look at the following post:

Check LG MH1 (3200mAh @ 10A), LG MJ1 (3500mAh @ 10A), Panasonic NCR18650GA (3300mAh @ 10A), Samsung 35E (3500mAh @ 13A) as well as Samsung 30Q (3000mAh @ 15A but in reality about 20A), the latter being cheaper than LG HG2 and a lovely pink color instead of the chocolate brown. Anything else (apart from these major brands plus Sony) is at your own risk and not recommended.

I don't know how close to 10A the IQ is in practice but it's usually not recommended to use continuously a cell at its maximum continuous discharge rate. The reason being that when aging and even more when stressed, the cell IR will rise, thus lowering the C rating. A new 10A continuous cell might become only 8A after a while, in which case if you draw 10A it will sag and heat, and this in turn damages it and raises the IR... it's a vicious circle past that point.

So my recommendation: go with the Samsung 30Q. Currently $5.74 on fasttech: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10002357/3935802 (and cheaper in 2-packs https://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10002357/2363400, and there's also a 4-pack, just use the dropdown menu)

So the maximum continous discharge rate seems to damage the unit in the long haul, making the samsung 30q the better option.

Does anyone know what the better option for a new battery would be ?

Greetings

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I stand by my Samsung 30Q recommendation. It's a great cell and you'll be able to use it in many other vapes like the new breed of on-demand convection units for instance (Milaana, Zion, Firewod 4, MistvapeTouch, Tubo Evic, The Project, Dan's next vape...)

I N D I C A

Just got my davinci iq and I love the thing but I feel like the draw resistance is insane with the flat mouthpiece. without the rubber gasket I can suck through that flat piece fine, I put it on (with the offset holes going to the right side obviously) and it becomes nearly impossible to suck out of and it barely let's any air through, and the extended mouthpiece is like breathing straight air no resistance almost at all. Is this intentional or am I doing something wrong??

I N D I C A,
Top Bottom