almost there

Agreed, I called yesterday to report my incident to @Davinci_vaporizer and the quality of service from Tim/Leann was great. I had to fill out some questions via email to get the RMA started. Any idea how long this process takes before I actually get a RMA # so I can send my unit in? Not sure how this part would take longer than a day to get a reply back but I'm hoping they update me by EOD.

Yeah haha VERY TRUE! After I did it once I decided it probably wouldn't be wise to do it again.

So I was heading over to my cousins and just cleaned the unit prior to going. Totally forgot to put the chamber back in, I'm not sure how, but it worked fine because I was still getting good vapor production. I reflected on this while sitting on the couch and also was like damn this air flow I am getting is insane.. Well not having the chamber inside explained a lot when I got back home.. Wont try that again though haha!
U should be getting that RMA by tomorrow I'm guessing. The challenge use to be getting their attention but once they respond the rest is pretty smooth

almost there,
Reactions: BigJr48

exime

So I was heading over to my cousins and just cleaned the unit prior to going. Totally forgot to put the chamber back in, I'm not sure how, but it worked fine because I was still getting good vapor production. I reflected on this while sitting on the couch and also was like damn this air flow I am getting is insane.. Well not having the chamber inside explained a lot when I got back home.. Wont try that again though haha!

Imagine the HIT!!!. That Flavor Chamber kind of condenses things down to the mouthpiece, without that, what a bang. Don't know. Hey exime give it a try get back to us.

Someone asked this awhile back. The IQ isn't designed to be used without the flavor chamber, according to DaVinci. The pathway without it is not sealed at all, so lots of leakage and, is guess, smell. Plus, the chamber cools the vapor. Why would you want to use it without the chamber?

I gave it a try and it definitely hits hard. It's less restrictive so I found it to be nice to use without the flavor chamber. It would be nice if you wanted to use the flavor chamber as storage but I'd want to keep it out if I'm using the vape so that it doesn't cook the herb stored for next bowl. It's hard to tell which method I got more clouds out since I've only had this fave a couple days, but if it's bad for the vape or for the experience I wouldn't want to keep doing it.

exime,

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
I can't remember if it was davinci, or another member.. They brought up the point of resin building up on the interior of the vape without the flavor chamber directing the air flow directly through the mouthpiece. I bought a spare, and switch every few days, while the other has an iso bath. It keeps the air holes clear for less restrictive vaping! It's pretty easy to do too. Just make sure you take off the tiny rubber o ring on the flavor chamber lid to soak in soapy water, not iso.

cobra505

Defined
Well did a Factory reset on my IQ last night and it appears to have fixed the problems I was having yesterday.
Also out of all the screens think I'm going to be trying the one's from Amazon. There the cheapest, don't got to clean them.
Also to the member who posted the Silicon Mascara brushes, Amazon has those also, you can buy special one's. I'm getting the one's with a round end, 100 for 6 bucks.

BigJr48

Well did a Factory reset on my IQ last night and it appears to have fixed the problems I was having yesterday.
Also out of all the screens think I'm going to be trying the one's from Amazon. There the cheapest, don't got to clean them.
Also to the member who posted the Silicon Mascara brushes, Amazon has those also, you can buy special one's. I'm getting the one's with a round end, 100 for 6 bucks.
Are you going to use the screens as spacers or at the bottom of the chamber?

BigJr48,

cobra505

Defined
Thanks for the info about the brushes, that's way cheaper!
No problem dude. I like those specific ones, they have the ball structure at the end, good for getting at the very bottom of the Flavor Chamber. I can never really see down there, but there is some sort of Gasket were the Flavor Chamber makes contact with. I know this because I can feel it every time I stick a Q-Tip down there I can feel it. Exime a few posts up was talking about doing this. He had asked if anyone had done it yesterday. Kidding around I told him why don't you give it a try and let us know. Well he did.

U should be getting that RMA by tomorrow I'm guessing. The challenge use to be getting their attention but once they respond the rest is pretty smooth
Why doesn't @Davinci email you the RMA? it's a piece of paper? You got the IQ box right?

Are you going to use the screens as spacers or at the bottom of the chamber?
I'm going to try the glass flowers from Amazon, hell there 10 bucks you get 200 of them, no cleaning, throw them out when your done. I got enough shit to clean. I figure I can use each one 2 maybe 3 times and dump it. Plus by the looks of the way they are shaped, they look like a 3 post star with a peg sticking out from the middle. So it would be kind of perfect for my specific application, won't take up much space, just like a screen, instead of a spacer.

almost there

No problem dude. I like those specific ones, they have the ball structure at the end, good for getting at the very bottom of the Flavor Chamber. I can never really see down there, but there is some sort of Gasket were the Flavor Chamber makes contact with. I know this because I can feel it every time I stick a Q-Tip down there I can feel it. Exime a few posts up was talking about doing this. He had asked if anyone had done it yesterday. Kidding around I told him why don't you give it a try and let us know. Well he did.

Why doesn't @Davinci email you the RMA? it's a piece of paper? You got the IQ box right?

I'm going to try the glass flowers from Amazon, hell there 10 bucks you get 200 of them, no cleaning, throw them out when your done. I got enough shit to clean. I figure I can use each one 2 maybe 3 times and dump it. Plus by the looks of the way they are shaped, they look like a 3 post star with a peg sticking out from the middle. So it would be kind of perfect for my specific application, won't take up much space, just like a screen, instead of a spacer.
the RMA is just a number, there's no paperwork and it will come by email. Just write the RMA number big and clear when u send ur IQ in. Also make sure you send the tracking info when you email them to let them know it's on its way. FYI, I kept all the gear and you don't need to send it back in it's original box. Just clean out and bubble wrap it nice and secure. I included some printouts of the communications I shared regarding the problems I had

Last edited:

milkmann

About to order some spacers and carry case from the da Vinci website, to UK. Anyone know of any free shipping coupons or something? Cheers!

milkmann,

exime

About to order some spacers and carry case from the da Vinci website, to UK. Anyone know of any free shipping coupons or something? Cheers!

No coupons work for IQ or IQ accessories.

My spacers arrive tomorrow. Excited to test out a 1/4 packed bowl. Don't even need an on demand vape if I can get through a session in 3 minutes!

cobra505

Defined
You know nothing for nothing, but if your willing to look at some of the other options users have been talking about for spacers and especially what looks like the "shelf life" of these you might want to check out some of the RYOT cases on amazon. Was looking at some of them today. Most of you guys want one around the same size as the one as Davinci is selling I'm guessing, I'm looking for one a little smaller. Still searching. FYI.

So you guys can judge this was looking at some RYOT boxes among other things. Came across these Honeycomb Glass Screens, didn't even get a chance to measure them out Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D9O6FB...UTF8&colid=285G142K7DTPY&coliid=IOS61XU5ZFZRY

Last edited by a moderator:
cobra505,

kiddvudu2

You know nothing for nothing, but if your willing to look at some of the other options users have been talking about for spacers and especially what looks like the "shelf life" of these you might want to check out some of the RYOT cases on amazon. Was looking at some of them today. Most of you guys want one around the same size as the one as Davinci is selling I'm guessing, I'm looking for one a little smaller. Still searching. FYI.

So you guys can judge this was looking at some RYOT boxes among other things. Came across these Honeycomb Glass Screens, didn't even get a chance to measure them out Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D9O6FB...UTF8&colid=285G142K7DTPY&coliid=IOS61XU5ZFZRY

I ended up measuring the pearl at roughly 11.11mm, FYI.

kiddvudu2,

BigJr48

Post a link for the silicone mascara brush w/round head.

disGRUNTled

Mang is been a while since I posted in this thread, have been doing a lot of dabs lately. Anyways I am working on two Mystery strains showing the IQ some much needed attention. Chilling outside watching a documentary about lions. I watched a shit ton of lion documentaries but watching them while high is like a completely different experience.
b2jEjTT.jpg

Kwj0n80.jpg

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
No comments on the tin foil ball spacer idea?

Aluminum foil is not a great idea. There are a lot of chemicals and coatings that they apply to aluminum foil so that it doesn't rust or other stuff. Some also comes with a BPA coating which has been scrutinized a lot for it's health risks and safety. I wouldn't be able to recommend foil as a spacer AT ALL.

They are mascara applicators. I figured on my non-emo days I'd put them to use haha. I saw them at a beauty shop when I was with my vieja. They have tiny little "whiskers" and I was worried at first that they would break off and stay in the unit. However they're super durable and I really get them up in there and they always come out in tact with all the little whiskers in place. The yellow one works great because it can bend and it's a lot softer than the wire brush that comes with the unit so I don't have to worry about scratching stuff when I'm cleaning. The purple one works good too for the space between the oven and chamber. Plus it doesn't leave the cotton fibers like the q-tips do.

DUDE!!!!! These are awesome!!!!!! :clap: We'll buy a few ourselves and give them a test run. If they work well it might be something we add to our cleaning kit. Only testing will tell!!!!

BTW there is nothing wrong with being a former EMO kid. I'm sure there are a bunch of us in here. The metal was way to strong for some of us to ignore! :rockon:

I would like to confirm that the service I received today calling the 1-800-336-7224 line was very good. It took some time to get to an agreeable conclusion, but the person I spoke to really took the time to understand my concern and did do EVERYTHING and beyond to make it happen .. kudos for making a new customer very happy!

Glad we were able to provide you with excellent service! If you ever need anything or think of ways we can improve please let us know!

There's a lot of pages to catch up on and I apologize if this has been asked, but is the warranty transferable @Davinci_vaporizer ?

Hey there! No the Davinci Vaporizer warranty is not transferable. The warranty is only valid to the first end user or the original buyer of the vaporizer. There are a few exceptions obviously like if the vaporizer was purchased as a gift, however I should note that even in these few cases proof of purchase is still required.

Anybody know how big the IQ pearl is in millimeters? I found these:

https://www.vxb.com/2mm-Loose-Ceramic-Balls-Al2O3-Alumina-Balls-p/kit11912.htm

and

http://www.vxb.com/5mm-Loose-Cerami...2CQvRLERr9e0hG8QEY09rW3N6mezdK29gUaAj0x8P8HAQ

Could avoid the $10 shipping if these are close to the right size...

The pearl is 9mm in diameter.

Someone asked this awhile back. The IQ isn't designed to be used without the flavor chamber, according to DaVinci. The pathway without it is not sealed at all, so lots of leakage and, is guess, smell. Plus, the chamber cools the vapor. Why would you want to use it without the chamber?

That is exactly right! Great understanding and explanation.

I can't remember if it was davinci, or another member.. They brought up the point of resin building up on the interior of the vape without the flavor chamber directing the air flow directly through the mouthpiece. I bought a spare, and switch every few days, while the other has an iso bath. It keeps the air holes clear for less restrictive vaping! It's pretty easy to do too. Just make sure you take off the tiny rubber o ring on the flavor chamber lid to soak in soapy water, not iso.

That is actually a great practice and exactly what I do. I have a spare set of flavor chamber and mouthpiece that is constantly in a soaking bath. When I need to clean my vape I just clean out the bowl and swap out my already clean flavor chamber and mouthpiece.

Mang is been a while since I posted in this thread, have been doing a lot of dabs lately. Anyways I am working on two Mystery strains showing the IQ some much needed attention. Chilling outside watching a documentary about lions. I watched a shit ton of lion documentaries but watching them while high is like a completely different experience.
b2jEjTT.jpg

Kwj0n80.jpg

Nothing wrong with a couple of dabs. Maybe even more than a couple like a few dozen. Either way I always find myself coming back to the flower usually through a vape.

Last edited:

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
DUDE!!!!! These are awesome!!!!!! :clap: We'll buy a few ourselves and give them a test run. If they work well it might be something we add to our cleaning kit. Only testing will tell!!!!

BTW there is nothing wrong with being a former EMO kid. I'm sure there are a bunch of us in here. The metal was way to strong for some of us to ignore! :rockon:

YES! Gotta blast that old Killswitch... SOIL BURN!!!

Hey so if you use my idea in your kit you think I can get one of those cool Davinci stash jars sir? :D

almost there

b2jEjTT.jpg

Kwj0n80.jpg
Welcome back killer:D, though I haven't missed u much bc I see u in just about all the threads I watch, lol:lol:

cobra505

Defined
So here I go again with damn batteries. Between last night and tonight 2 resets & 3 batteries. iPhone all day stating Davinci apps been running all day also. So I just put a newly charged battery in it, still running the app, but within the app I disconnected the unit, but I feel a RMA coming.

Did anyone get a chance to look at those Honeycomb spacers on Amazon?

cobra505,

tomer

Have you seen the cost of shipping???
charging 41$ for international shipping, for a couple of glass spacers - not cool
Leann wrote me
"We charge our customers what we are charged for shipping"
but in the meantime, i used a 3rd party shipping service to ship from US to me and it's 10$ cheaper

tomer,

Shane McTerpy

I purchased my Da Vinci IQ just over a week ago, so I'm still in the honey moon phase but I can say I'm very impressed with this slick little device.

Love the athestics, surprised how small the unit is, with the original mouthpiece it can be completely concealed in your palm on the go, although I personally prefer the 10mm water adaptor as a mouthpiece.

Changeable batteries is also a massive win for me, I have 6 spare so that should keep me busy :brow: I haven't quite worked out the battery life yet, but I think so far I've been getting about 3 10 minute back to back sessions per battery.

I'm overall very impressed with the function of this device, the flavour is exceptional for a conduction vape imo. I consider it a very pure vapor, as there is no charring or popcorn flavour there that I get from other conduction units, so a bowl will finish a bit quicker than my other units, but imo from a health perspective is a huge bonus, if you're looking for completely cashing your bowl to near combustion it's maybe not so appealing.

The vapor quality is still smooth on higher temperatures, and very tasty. The flavour chamber definately acts as a cooling system much like the Mighty/Crafty mouthpiece imo. So in that respect it's great, however I don't intend to ever really use it for other herbs personally.

The App works smoothly running on Android, I like the detail on it, but it's great to be able to use the smart path system without the app too. I prefer precision mode personally but it has been a nice change doing Smart path sessions that are a bit more drawn out, it really does slowly build up and works well IME.

One drawback for me so far is the bowl is a bit larger than i'm used to, and I can easily fit .3 in there at least IME, it still vapes well with less but there is a significant difference if you really pack and squash it down, the airflow is still good. I have the glass spacers on the way from Da Vinci so hoping they do the trick.

Another downside for me is the unit does build up oil very quickly, and being a bit of a vape clean freak, I've already cleaned the unit 4 times. It's not too tricky to clean apart from getting to the bottom of the bowl, and there's a bit in the flavour chamber that is a bit hard to reach, but with some extra long Q tips/cotton buds with a little ISO does the trick, it's just a lot more maintanance than I'm used to. :rolleyes:

The unit also gets almost too hot to hold after back to back sessions, and the battery gets quite hot too which is a shame. Apart from that I am in love with this unit, so stealthy, incredible flavour & a cloud machine. I am a total fuss pot too btw I'm actually very happy with this purchase *Raises IQ* :rockon::tup:

cobra505

Defined
Seems as though the battery problems are not all gone, used 3 batteries in 24 hours. The app is draining the crap out of the device and my iPhone. What do you think @Davinci_vaporizer? To stop this without removing the app I went into the app and disconnected the app from the device. Going to send out an email to the Vendor I made the purchase from, 3rd party. There is something going on here with this app talking to the device. The only reason I looked at it again because some may remember that I mentioned before that I thought it was strange that it was showing up in my iPhone as one on my apps that I had just used, when I reality I hadn't used in in over a week, same thing here. So this time I decided to look into it further and look at the battery usage on my phone and discovered that it was using over 1/2 of the battery of my phone also.

Phone_Battery.png

Also for you screen and spacer guys found a couple more things you guys might be interested in.
Found some Glass Honeycomb Spacers on Amazon, didn't really get a chance to check out the specs, but they are a heck of a lot cheaper. You know you guys looking for spacers & stuff really need to check out Amazon. There are a ton of options, and for the money you can't go wrong just as a test. Here are some of the things I found.

10_Honeycomb_Glass_1.png

10_Honeycomb_Glass.png

Ceramic.png

Pureglasz_Honeycomb_Glass_Screens.png

Formax420_Daisy_Style_2.png

Formax420_Daisy_Style_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

kiddvudu2

Aluminum foil is not a great idea. There are a lot of chemicals and coatings that they apply to aluminum foil so that it doesn't rust or other stuff. Some also comes with a BPA coating which has been scrutinized a lot for it's health risks and safety. I wouldn't be able to recommend foil as a spacer AT ALL.

Yeah, I took the advice of the other members and only did the tin foil ball once. Since then I've ordered glass spacers. Thanks!

Top Bottom