Reggie Watts

I purchased my Da Vinci IQ just over a week ago, so I'm still in the honey moon phase but I can say I'm very impressed with this slick little device.

Love the athestics, surprised how small the unit is, with the original mouthpiece it can be completely concealed in your palm on the go, although I personally prefer the 10mm water adaptor as a mouthpiece.

Changeable batteries is also a massive win for me, I have 6 spare so that should keep me busy :brow: I haven't quite worked out the battery life yet, but I think so far I've been getting about 3 10 minute back to back sessions per battery.

I'm overall very impressed with the function of this device, the flavour is exceptional for a conduction vape imo. I consider it a very pure vapor, as there is no charring or popcorn flavour there that I get from other conduction units, so a bowl will finish a bit quicker than my other units, but imo from a health perspective is a huge bonus, if you're looking for completely cashing your bowl to near combustion it's maybe not so appealing.

The vapor quality is still smooth on higher temperatures, and very tasty. The flavour chamber definately acts as a cooling system much like the Mighty/Crafty mouthpiece imo. So in that respect it's great, however I don't intend to ever really use it for other herbs personally.

The App works smoothly running on Android, I like the detail on it, but it's great to be able to use the smart path system without the app too. I prefer precision mode personally but it has been a nice change doing Smart path sessions that are a bit more drawn out, it really does slowly build up and works well IME.

One drawback for me so far is the bowl is a bit larger than i'm used to, and I can easily fit .3 in there at least IME, it still vapes well with less but there is a significant difference if you really pack and squash it down, the airflow is still good. I have the glass spacers on the way from Da Vinci so hoping they do the trick.

Another downside for me is the unit does build up oil very quickly, and being a bit of a vape clean freak, I've already cleaned the unit 4 times. It's not too tricky to clean apart from getting to the bottom of the bowl, and there's a bit in the flavour chamber that is a bit hard to reach, but with some extra long Q tips/cotton buds with a little ISO does the trick, it's just a lot more maintanance than I'm used to. :rolleyes:

The unit also gets almost too hot to hold after back to back sessions, and the battery gets quite hot too which is a shame. Apart from that I am in love with this unit, so stealthy, incredible flavour & a cloud machine. I am a total fuss pot too btw I'm actually very happy with this purchase *Raises IQ* :rockon::tup:
The honeymoon phase never ends with thing. I've had mine since release, and I'm still in the honeymoon phase!

cobra505

Defined
Last edited by a moderator:

kiddvudu2

Someone had asked for some links for the above screens and honeycombs.
Also, any iPhone users out there I'd really like to get your feedback on your Battery Usage from your phone/Davinci app?

Hey MicroMan, I'm I know U're looking for iPhone feedback, but I have been checking my phone's recent apps list and battery usage offenders but I never see DaVinci in either list. I used it only a handful of time when I first got my IQ though. It's still installed, but I never launch it. I know it's not exactly what U'r looking for, but semi-related, maybe...

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
DUDE!!!!! These are awesome!!!!!! :clap: We'll buy a few ourselves and give them a test run. If they work well it might be something we add to our cleaning kit. Only testing will tell!!!!

BTW there is nothing wrong with being a former EMO kid. I'm sure there are a bunch of us in here. The metal was way to strong for some of us to ignore! :rockon:

YES! Gotta blast that old Killswitch... SOIL BURN!!!

Hey so if you use my idea in your kit you think I can get one of those cool Davinci stash jars sir? :D

Killswitch Engage was the best! I'm going to be seeing them in a few weeks!

If we use the brush idea I'll hook you up with more than just a stash jar my friend :brow:

I purchased my Da Vinci IQ just over a week ago, so I'm still in the honey moon phase but I can say I'm very impressed with this slick little device.

Love the athestics, surprised how small the unit is, with the original mouthpiece it can be completely concealed in your palm on the go, although I personally prefer the 10mm water adaptor as a mouthpiece.

Changeable batteries is also a massive win for me, I have 6 spare so that should keep me busy :brow: I haven't quite worked out the battery life yet, but I think so far I've been getting about 3 10 minute back to back sessions per battery.

I'm overall very impressed with the function of this device, the flavour is exceptional for a conduction vape imo. I consider it a very pure vapor, as there is no charring or popcorn flavour there that I get from other conduction units, so a bowl will finish a bit quicker than my other units, but imo from a health perspective is a huge bonus, if you're looking for completely cashing your bowl to near combustion it's maybe not so appealing.

The vapor quality is still smooth on higher temperatures, and very tasty. The flavour chamber definately acts as a cooling system much like the Mighty/Crafty mouthpiece imo. So in that respect it's great, however I don't intend to ever really use it for other herbs personally.

The App works smoothly running on Android, I like the detail on it, but it's great to be able to use the smart path system without the app too. I prefer precision mode personally but it has been a nice change doing Smart path sessions that are a bit more drawn out, it really does slowly build up and works well IME.

One drawback for me so far is the bowl is a bit larger than i'm used to, and I can easily fit .3 in there at least IME, it still vapes well with less but there is a significant difference if you really pack and squash it down, the airflow is still good. I have the glass spacers on the way from Da Vinci so hoping they do the trick.

Another downside for me is the unit does build up oil very quickly, and being a bit of a vape clean freak, I've already cleaned the unit 4 times. It's not too tricky to clean apart from getting to the bottom of the bowl, and there's a bit in the flavour chamber that is a bit hard to reach, but with some extra long Q tips/cotton buds with a little ISO does the trick, it's just a lot more maintanance than I'm used to. :rolleyes:

The unit also gets almost too hot to hold after back to back sessions, and the battery gets quite hot too which is a shame. Apart from that I am in love with this unit, so stealthy, incredible flavour & a cloud machine. I am a total fuss pot too btw I'm actually very happy with this purchase *Raises IQ* :rockon::tup:

Great review and write up! I hope the honeymoon never ends!

Seems as though the battery problems are not all gone, used 3 batteries in 24 hours. The app is draining the crap out of the device and my iPhone. What do you think @Davinci_vaporizer? To stop this without removing the app I went into the app and disconnected the app from the device. Going to send out an email to the Vendor I made the purchase from, 3rd party. There is something going on here with this app talking to the device. The only reason I looked at it again because some may remember that I mentioned before that I thought it was strange that it was showing up in my iPhone as one on my apps that I had just used, when I reality I hadn't used in in over a week, same thing here. So this time I decided to look into it further and look at the battery usage on my phone and discovered that it was using over 1/2 of the battery of my phone also.

Phone_Battery.png

Also for you screen and spacer guys found a couple more things you guys might be interested in.
Found some Glass Honeycomb Spacers on Amazon, didn't really get a chance to check out the specs, but they are a heck of a lot cheaper. You know you guys looking for spacers & stuff really need to check out Amazon. There are a ton of options, and for the money you can't go wrong just as a test. Here are some of the things I found.

10_Honeycomb_Glass_1.png

10_Honeycomb_Glass.png

Ceramic.png

Pureglasz_Honeycomb_Glass_Screens.png

Formax420_Daisy_Style_2.png

Formax420_Daisy_Style_1.png

Yea man I really don't know what it going on with your vape and app. The app only communicates with the IQ while the app is open and when the device is connected. If you are experiencing excessive problems with either than please contact us for warranty replacement of the device so that way you can get a device that is functioning properly and we can inspect and diagnose the issue with your Vape.

cobra505

Defined
I'm not even going to mess with it anymore. Thanks for your response kid, I was just looking for users to check Settings/Battery to see if the Davinci app was hogging down the battery of the iPhone. If so that would also mean that it would be communicating excessively with the IQ and could be draining the battery on the IQ also.

cobra505,
Reactions: BigJr48

jackson495

I've had my IQ for a couple of months and still enjoying it, but I'm starting to experience some of the same problems other posters have noted about the device getting too hot. When I first started using it, I could run it for 2 or 3 consecutive cycles without the unit getting too hot to touch, but now it seems like even just running the IQ for one cycle on the second or third temp pre-set and I can't even pick it up to take a draw. Is this my imagination or have other users found the IQ getting hotter and hotter over time? I'm a little worried about overheating, plus it's made the vape a lot less attractive for me now -- loved it initially but have found myself going back to the Arizer Air because of the crazy temp spikes on the iQ.

jackson495,

cobra505

Defined
but now it seems like even just running the IQ for one cycle on the second or third temp pre-set and I can't even pick it up to take a draw.
So obviously your going to get that on the higher temps. I get lucky with that, I have mild COPD so I can't vape over 390. Only time I do is when I do a quick burn off @ the end of a full session.
Other trick I learned was to hold the unit on the sides, it's a little tricky but after doing it for a while you get the hang of it. It's not an issue unless your trying to be stealthy with the device.

Hey guy on another note take a look at these bags from RYOT
https://www.ryot.com/ryotr-smellsafetm-small-packratz-in-black-single.html
Small just the right size, $17 bucks.

cobra505,

exime

My Samsung 30Q batteries arrive Saturday. They tested the coolest of the top 18650 batteries so I'll let you know if it cools down the unit at all.

I received my davinci spacers today and they work really well. I put in a little herb and put in the biggest one (10mm spacer) and it was a perfect fit. It still put out a ton of vapor. The trick is to put the herb in first and spacer on top next to the ball.

Last edited:

cobra505

Defined
So purchased a RYOT Small Krypto Case today. Thing looks pretty cool. Elastic bands meant to hold lighters so I would imagine they would hold batteries. The inside zipper pouch is removable, cool feature. It was like 22 bucks shipped. Oh ya smell proof of course.

RYOT_Smell_Safe_Krypto-_Kit_1.png
RYOT_Smell_Safe_Krypto-_Kit.png
3npogcxff

yj6v7i4vv

anasrzi

As much as I love the IQ and I certainly do (even tho it's more a toy for the missis) my biggest gripe about the device is the stealth mouthpiece, many have switched to the 10mm adapter for superior air flow however that is to the detriment of stealth for me.

Are there any plans for a better airflowing mouthpiece that IS still stealthy I.e flat @Davinci_vaporizer ? With the whole unit looking very much like a power bank I can foresee a mouth piece that resembles a USB port etc perhaps? Just a idea for the creative types :).

My unit doesn't get to hot, doesn't drain power so I think I've got a good one, flavour is still tip top although it could do with a clean. Got the glass spacers and while I don't think there overly needed for a full ten min Session they work real good for those how puff,puff put down saving much material in the process.

Scoopster

As much as I love the IQ and I certainly do (even tho it's more a toy for the missis) my biggest gripe about the device is the stealth mouthpiece, many have switched to the 10mm adapter for superior air flow however that is to the detriment of stealth for me.

Are there any plans for a better airflowing mouthpiece that IS still stealthy I.e flat @Davinci_vaporizer ? With the whole unit looking very much like a power bank I can foresee a mouth piece that resembles a USB port etc perhaps? Just a idea for the creative types :).

My unit doesn't get to hot, doesn't drain power so I think I've got a good one, flavour is still tip top although it could do with a clean. Got the glass spacers and while I don't think there overly needed for a full ten min Session they work real good for those how puff,puff put down saving much material in the process.

Just a big plus 1 on a stealth mouthpiece with better air flow. I can't use stealth due really tough draw. I'm always a bit uncomfortable going out and about with the 10mm attached and stuck in my jeans pocket, worried about breakage or stressing the latch mechanism, etc. if too much pressure is put on the mouthpiece.

cobra505

Defined
Just a big plus 1 on a stealth mouthpiece with better air flow. I can't use stealth due really tough draw. I'm always a bit uncomfortable going out and about with the 10mm attached and stuck in my jeans pocket, worried about breakage or stressing the latch mechanism, etc. if too much pressure is put on the mouthpiece.

I know they say to pack the unit kind of tight. Actually I'm not really sure why they suggest this. Maybe for a better burn of the product. I've been trying for weeks to get my wife to try the unit. When she finally gave in her only complaint was the same as yours, the draw. i finished the session and repacked.
This time didn't pack it as tight. It not only helped with the draw, much better, but got pretty big clouds to.
I think users are going to find that they are not going to just put these things in there jeans or loose in there pockets. These units when it comes to stealth fit the bill for sure. But if your talking stealth/smell, no, as I have stated before, the things just for some reason just can't hold in the smell.
Really can't wait for the Silicon cases to come in from @Davinci_vaporizer, I'm really hoping for 2 things from this case.
1. Help with the heat.
2. help with the smell.
And please don't make the only color "hot pink".

freddybake

iB0Aov

Hi
Im new to the whole vaping-experience, but I am very pleased with the IQ so far. Ive seen people compaining about the device getting too hot, but after I recieved two extra LgHg batteries the problem is gone. However it seems like my IQ got some cracks after 4-5weeks of use. Have only been using it in the weekends. Can anyone verify if the bowl really is cracked? And if so, is it dangerous to use?

Img url: https://ibb.co/iB0Aov

Last edited:
freddybake,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
I know they say to pack the unit kind of tight. Actually I'm not really sure why they suggest this. Maybe for a better burn of the product. I've been trying for weeks to get my wife to try the unit. When she finally gave in her only complaint was the same as yours, the draw. i finished the session and repacked.
This time didn't pack it as tight. It not only helped with the draw, much better, but got pretty big clouds to.
I think users are going to find that they are not going to just put these things in there jeans or loose in there pockets. These units when it comes to stealth fit the bill for sure. But if your talking stealth/smell, no, as I have stated before, the things just for some reason just can't hold in the smell.
Really can't wait for the Silicon cases to come in from @Davinci_vaporizer, I'm really hoping for 2 things from this case.
1. Help with the heat.
2. help with the smell.
And please don't make the only color "hot pink".

I felt like it was too tight as well with the stealthy mouthpiece. I love that mouthpiece so much. I liked it so much I waited 3 weeks to take it out and finally try the 10mil. The 10 mil draw is perfect, even almost unrestricted at times when I pack a bit lighter than firm.

I'm not sure why the stealthy has the holes and the 10mil is just open. Maybe if the stealthy opening was just like the 10mil it would be the same. That would be perfection. I'm sure the holes are there for screening purposes but my grind is course to med-course so a sticky flavor chamber catches anything flying which is always very minimal when I clean. I clean once a week and pack like 5 full bowls a day on average.
Never have I sucked in the least bit of particle/scoobie snacks as a member called it the other day. That was funny :).

Paka-cholo,

exime

iB0Aov

Hi
Im new to the whole vaping-experience, but I am very pleased with the IQ so far. Ive seen people compaining about the device getting too hot, but after I recieved two extra LgHg batteries the problem is gone. However it seems like my IQ got some cracks after 4-5weeks of use. Have only been using it in the weekends. Can anyone verify if the bowl really is cracked? And if so, is it dangerous to use?

Looks like resin to me. Try dabbing it in alcohol and scraping it off with something that won't damage the bowl.

almost there

Just wondering what everyone is as a spacer aside from davinci? I have an iq coming, and don't really need the big oven size. Thanks
I did the boring thing and went with Davinci's spacers. I imagine any stainless steel cylinder with matching circumference will work. The Odin spacers are said to be a good match but puffitup has been out of stock for a while. If there's time hit DaVinci up to add the spacers to ur order. I ordered the spacers separately from my RMA return bc I didn't trust them to not screw up. Looking back I should have just tried to do what I told u so I'd save $10 on shipping.

iB0Aov

Hi

Doesn't look cracked to me, just looks dirty as hell;). If they were cracks that big I'd imagine ur oven to never reach target temp without leaking a ton of vapor

cobra505

Defined
I did the boring thing and went with Davinci's spacers. I imagine any stainless steel cylinder with matching circumference will work. The Odin spacers are said to be a good match but puffitup has been out of stock for a while.

If you look at the previous page I came up with a few things I found on Amazon. There are a few spacers there, not as thick as the Davinci ones but they are also 1/2 the price also. One of them are ceramic so they shouldn't break like the others either. These might fit.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0193CS35...TF8&colid=285G142K7DTPY&coliid=I1ZTR7S6NZOSD2

mini_IQ.png

I want one!

Looks like resin to me. Try dabbing it in alcohol and scraping it off with something that won't damage the bowl.
If your not using a Q-Tip with ISO at least every 3 bowls your probably going to start having problems with draws.

almost there

If you look at the previous page I came up with a few things I found on Amazon. There are a few spacers there, not as thick as the Davinci ones but they are also 1/2 the price also. One of them are ceramic so they shouldn't break like the others either. These might fit.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0193CS35...TF8&colid=285G142K7DTPY&coliid=I1ZTR7S6NZOSD2

mini_IQ.png
I want one!
I have a spare set of spacers so I'm still good and if that breaks also I have 2 extra pearls. I don't like leaving things to chance. Thanks for all the links though, good to have plan C always

almost there,

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
OK, having been part of the IQ blitz on the vape market since the beginning, I would like to comment on DaVinci's recent apology for the telephone service failure, and the total collapse of customer service. This was such an utter failure in basic business management of the launch of a new product.

People complained for months about the telephone response of CS, and just now DaVinci realized their complaints were valid. DaVinci's marketing practice hurt a lot of people by causing them severe emotional trauma. There are a lot of people who are unable to remain seated in the present, crippled with mental problems. These people, when wronged stew in their own anger cooking up a really bitter tasting experience in dealing with non responsive DaVinci customer service (CS). They expressed their toxic views here and many of us on this forum could not understand their anger and lack of understanding. DaVinci and probably most of the readers forget that not everybody has a great life and are able to control their emotional response to the world. They have a disability. You know...... they are the ones that could not control their anger and got banned from the forum.
From their viewpoint, some rich marketer took their hard earned $275 for a product that fails after a short time. Then, unlike most retailers in the world, DaVinci had no way for those customers with a defective product to contact them. Nobody answers the phone at the number that they are told to call if there are problems. Not many have done chat on a web site. Nobody calls back. Nobody answers the phone. If DaVinci was mine, I would have been calling up my own CS on the phone to check out what everyone was complaining about on the forum since the IQ was released.

I just feel bad for all those harmed, who will never come back to this forum and be justified or apologized too. This aint a bright, cool, cheerful post, sorry. I am a consumer advocate, and I try not to discriminate against angry people, that really did have something to be so angry about.

My Precious

I strongly recommend buying the IQ in spite of my above statement. DaVinci is really on the ball now and can provide really quick RMA service if you happen to get the rare IQ with a problem. These days you almost get pestered by frequent CS followup calls and emails to make sure your issues are resolved (I am serious, Monica will fill up your inbox trying to be helpful). DaVinci CS has been incredibly generous to me. Right now, I would consider yourself lucky if you had a reason to call and complain to them, as their generosity to make the customer happy is currently significant in my experience.

The product you will get is impressively packaged, and accompanied with all the gear you will need to vape. DaVinci has a magnificent vaporizer in the IQ. It is simply a hotbed of innovation with functional helpful features due to the imaginative ability of its inventors to bring the ideas from a forum like this into a great product. Replaceable batteries, chromed surfaces enhancing loading and cleaning, cleaning tool handily embedded inside the IQ, durable LED display, and the pearl heat sink/compactor are some cool features. They own the factories abroad that make their product and have control over all the manufacturing processes and quality control.
The IQ has a ten year warranty, you will always have a working vape for years after buying yours. Most likely your IQ will be retired by the next DaVinci innovation.
The oven is large enough to pack a load for a long kick butt session with a small group, and also can be adapted with spacers to efficiently vape small 3 minute loads.
DaVinci has rapidly responded to produce large quantities of glass spacers to enhance the IQ's efficiency. DaVinci is successful because they make good ideas happen quickly and they are generous. Many of us got the Honeybird bubblers and 10 mm adapters for free with store credits. The Honeybird is the perfect water tool for the IQ.
You will be so pissed at yourself if you go ahead and buy an IQ, but had waited for a while cuz you were not sure about all the IQ" issues". Once in your hands, you'll be obsessive about it and calling it "My Precious" like Gollum did the ring.

Last edited:

almost there

OK, having been part of the IQ blitz on the vape market since the beginning, I would like to comment on DaVinci's recent apology for the telephone service failure, and the total collapse of customer service. This was such an utter failure in basic business management of the launch of a new product.

People complained for months about the telephone response of CS, and just now DaVinci realized their complaints were valid. DaVinci's marketing practice hurt a lot of people by causing them severe emotional trauma. There are a lot of people who are unable to remain seated in the present, crippled with mental problems. These people, when wronged stew in their own anger cooking up a really bitter tasting experience in dealing with non responsive DaVinci customer service (CS). They expressed their toxic views here and many of us on this forum could not understand their anger and lack of understanding. DaVinci and probably most of the readers forget that not everybody has a great life and are able to control their emotional response to the world. They have a disability. You know...... they are the ones that could not control their anger and got banned from the forum.
From their viewpoint, some rich marketer took their hard earned $275 for a product that fails after a short time. Then, unlike most retailers in the world, DaVinci had no way for those customers with a defective product to contact them. Nobody answers the phone at the number that they are told to call if there are problems. Not many have done chat on a web site. Nobody calls back. Nobody answers the phone. If DaVinci was mine, I would have been calling up my own CS on the phone to check out what everyone was complaining about on the forum since the IQ was released.

I just feel bad for all those harmed, who will never come back to this forum and be justified or apologized too. This aint a bright, cool, cheerful post, sorry. I am a consumer advocate, and I try not to discriminate against angry people, that really did have something to be so angry about.

My Precious

I strongly recommend buying the IQ in spite of my above statement. DaVinci is really on the ball now and can provide really quick RMA service if you happen to get the rare IQ with a problem. These days you almost get pestered by frequent CS followup calls and emails to make sure your issues are resolved (I am serious, Monica will fill up your inbox trying to be helpful). DaVinci CS has been incredibly generous to me. Right now, I would consider yourself lucky if you had a reason to call and complain to them, as their generosity to make the customer happy is currently significant in my experience.

The product you will get is impressively packaged, and accompanied with all the gear you will need to vape. DaVinci has a magnificent vaporizer in the IQ. It is simply a hotbed of innovation with functional helpful features due to the imaginative ability of its inventors to bring the ideas from a forum like this into a great product. Replaceable batteries, chromed surfaces enhancing loading and cleaning, cleaning tool handily embedded inside the IQ, durable LED display, and the pearl heat sink/compactor are some cool features. They own the factories abroad that make their product and have control over all the manufacturing processes and quality control.
The IQ has a ten year warranty, you will always have a working vape for years after buying yours. Most likely your IQ will be retired by the next DaVinci innovation.
The oven is large enough to pack a load for a long kick butt session with a small group, and also can be adapted with spacers to efficiently vape small 3 minute loads.
DaVinci has rapidly responded to produce large quantities of glass spacers to enhance the IQ's efficiency. DaVinci is successful because they make good ideas happen quickly and they are generous. Many of us got the Honeybird bubblers and 10 mm adapters for free with store credits. The Honeybird is the perfect water tool for the IQ.
You will be so pissed at yourself if you go ahead and buy an IQ, but had waited for a while cuz you were not sure about all the IQ" issues". Once in your hands, you'll be obsessive about it and calling it "My Precious" like Gollum did the ring.
Thanks for that remarkable summary of the highs and lows of owning the IQ. Good to see you back @Glass004 . I personally love my IQ, it was my first vape and it was naturally the one I gravitated to because of how sleek it looks. We had our units RMA'ed around the same time, since receiving this new unit I have absolutely no complaints. Of course there are more features I'd wish was there but DaVinci delivered everything they claimed. Much like the grasshopper there's enough public info about the pros and cons, consumers can make an informed decision.

Last edited:

exime

I finally received my new batteries (Samsung 30Q) and had a chance to test them out once. I started on smart path level 3 and finished on level 4. A bit cooler than the stock battery. I could hold it in my hand a little more comfortably towards the end of smart path 4. Hopefully it fixes the low battery indicator issue and the shutting off with 2 battery leds left issue.

Last edited:

Bobbobcat

My Precious

My Precious

Kudos to the Davinci Customer Service over the past week assisting me with my RMA. I was on my 2nd IQ (from the local head shop) that was having technical difficulties, two totally different technical issues within a week's time. Everyone that I spoke with at Davinci was totally A+ Awesomely Driven toward Great Customer Service! It sucked all week not having my IQ, and I am so happy to have a new one that works wonderfully! The IQ is a total worthwhile purchase! It's such a great vaporizer! If you are torn, buy it, you'll love it. And matched by a ten year warranty with their great customer service. Go Davinci! And thank you!

Top Bottom