blondenik

Does anyone's IQ get extremely hot? I can only keep mine on for about 3-4 min when I'm on a temp of 300F or more. It feels like its going to burn my hands off.

blondenik,

Mr. Me2

@Vaporcussion
Hey man, about to splurge on an IQ for myself, and was wondering if you could answer a quick question I had about how smelly the unit is. Now, assuming it was kept very clean, say cleaned after every session, does the unit itself produce an odor when loaded? Like can I load it up, put it in my pocket, and walk around all day without anyone smelling anything? What If I used it once, emptied it, then put it back in my pocket?
Thanks bro :leaf:
Why not just get a smell proof case? Check out RYOT or Vatra. I'm sure there are others too. I can't recommend a model (for size) because I don't have the iq yet.

BuzzDanklin

I was surprised to see the Davinci IQ included in the Vapeworld Holidaze Sale going on from now until Dec 25 since it's so new. I imagine they have limited stock and may run out fast though

I also got a shot skiing with the IQ skiing, it handled the single digit Fahrenheit temps no problem
15306800_1624286184540826_8953622183423246336_n.jpg

I am having trouble turning the unit off. Often I have to press the top button for a few seconds then it
will react to the five clicks.

I have trouble understanding precision mode. I know that it starts in path mode. I click the button
one time. I see the temperature rising in the leds and then it shows the path mode blocks. Is that
how precision works.

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I am a devoted DaVinci cusotmer. I have bought several Ascents over the last three years. I just got my IQ and I love it. With extra batteries and my ExTar VC2 charger I always have a charge and hit available.
However.... the oven stopped heating, and now only heats at maybe 40%. It only reaches 380 after 10 minutes. After less than a week's use my unit failed. The IQ communicates with my phone, the app shows the unit, but the IQ oven is not working or working at full power.
And there is no customer service for this product. If you call the customer service line you can leave a message that is not returned. No response to online inquiries either.
EDIT: After 24 hours I got a reply from CS, asking for the info I had just sent them. Apparently your best bet for a response is an online inquiry. I am grateful for the response, but this doesnt seem to be a great way to do customer service on a new product. I spent $275 for a product that did not work for a week. I want to talk to a person instead of" maybe we will contact you, maybe we will read what you sent to us."
If you are buying a Christmas present for someone, pass by the IQ up for now, DaVinci can not provide adequate or satisfactory customer service for it. What good is the 10 year warranty if the DaVinci will not pick up the phone and honor it?
Sorry for the negative review but the consumer should be aware and beware. I love the IQ, if only I could get one that works. I am hoping maybe DaVinci can fix this customer service problem if they read this.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

I am a devoted DaVinci cusotmer. I have bought several Ascents over the last three years. I just got my IQ and I love it. With extra batteries and my ExTar VC2 charger I always have a charge and hit available.
However.... the oven stopped heating, and now only heats at maybe 40%. It only reaches 380 after 10 minutes. After less than a week's use my unit failed. The IQ communicates with my phone, the app shows the unit, but the IQ oven is not working or working at full power.
And there is no customer service for this product. If you call the customer service line you can leave a message that is not returned. No response to online inquiries either.
If you are buying a Christmas present for someone, pass by the IQ up for now, DaVinci can not provide customer service for it. What good is the 10 year warranty if the DaVinci will not pick up the phone and honor it?
Sorry for the negative review but the consumer should be aware and beware. I love the IQ, if only I could get one that works. I am hoping maybe DaVinci can fix this customer service problem if they read this.
I think you should try pm'ing davinci here

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
...agreed
I did the PM to the DaVinci design engineer. I focused on the communication issues with CS.
Meanwhile I got a reply from an online inquiry, sending me a return form for the Ascent (I bought an IQ)
The problem that really bothers me is that their customer service folks have stuck their heads underground because they are overwhelmed by customers with problems. You spend $275 and you cant talk to a human when you have problems.

Glass004,
Reactions: vapen00b

blondenik

EDIT: After 24 hours I got a reply from CS, asking for the info I had just sent them. Apparently your best bet for a response is an online inquiry. I am grateful for the response, but this doesnt seem to be a great way to do customer service on a new product. I spent $275 for a product that did not work for a week. I want to talk to a person instead of" maybe we will contact you, maybe we will read what you sent to us."
If you are buying a Christmas present for someone, pass by the IQ up for now, DaVinci can not provide adequate or satisfactory customer service for it. What good is the 10 year warranty if the DaVinci will not pick up the phone and honor it?
I wish I'd read this before because my IQ gets so hot, I can't hold it (any temp above 300). Super disappointed and no online reply as yet from them

blondenik,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Does anyone's IQ get extremely hot? I can only keep mine on for about 3-4 min when I'm on a temp of 300F or more. It feels like its going to burn my hands off.

That's a tough one because mine gets pretty warm, but my wife thinks it gets hot. Mine doesn't ever get too hot for me, but it does for her. It only gets really warm after 10 minutes on one of the highest settings.

stickstones,
Reactions: Glass004

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I wish I'd read this before because my IQ gets so hot, I can't hold it (any temp above 300). Super disappointed and no online reply as yet from them
My IQ got pretty hot too, but I tend to go full tilt boogie on the heat. Its OK to hold for the first 10 minutes at 430, but during the second 10 minutes I have to hold gingerly because of the heat.
From what I read here, these batteries should do just fine with the heat, I use a good quality battery charger. I am not too worried about the heat, unless the IQ's solder joints internally are melting :-). Get a vaping glove and be like Michael Jackson, that should help with the heat. Maybe hook it up to a water pipe so you don't hold it.

Last edited:

XxFourDubxX

Used my store credit to buy some glass jars a spare battery and a 14mm adapter. 2 out of my 3 jars were completely shattered in my box. They bubble wrapped my 14mm adapter but none of my jars, only had a wad of crumpled packing paper inside the box. Very disappointed in the way they packaged my items.

XxFourDubxX,

Vaporcussion

I can't recommend a model (for size) because I don't have the iq yet.
On that note, @Davinci has a case online, it looks just like a RYOT small pack ratz. Would be great if there was an picture of it open. Since the small packrat fits the Ascent, and the IQ is smaller, I wonder if the Davinci case is custom cut for the IQ? Or is it just a packrats with a Davinci name on it? I guess the extra room will be good for batteries....

Very disappointed in the way they packaged my items.
Yeah, my IQ was packaged very loosely, flopping around. I'm glad it wasn't damaged! Maybe the packers are hitting the IQ, lol

jdot23

Could @Davinci_vaporizer or anyone else advice:
-My iq has been very inconsistent. Sometimes I get fantastic clouds sometimes I barely get any? I pack it the same way and use the same 2-3 smart paths. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-also I'm noticing a lot of draw resistance. I'm using the straw. I don't pack it very tight and it still has a lot of draw resistance. Once again any help would be so greatly appreciated. Just want to be able to use mine consistently.

jdot23,

XxFourDubxX

Used my store credit to buy some glass jars a spare battery and a 14mm adapter. 2 out of my 3 jars were completely shattered in my box. They bubble wrapped my 14mm adapter but none of my jars, only had a wad of crumpled packing paper inside the box. Very disappointed in the way they packaged my items.

On a good note I sent them an email and they replied back in less than an hour saying they are sorry and shipping me new items on Monday. Thanks DaVinci you guys rock!

Last edited:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Davinci_vaporizer Do you know yet when European retailers are going to get some stock? I'm shaking here waiting to be able to order one from @VapoShop

We expect to get stock to European retailers by Mid-Late January!

I was surprised to see the Davinci IQ included in the Vapeworld Holidaze Sale going on from now until Dec 25 since it's so new. I imagine they have limited stock and may run out fast though

I also got a shot skiing with the IQ skiing, it handled the single digit Fahrenheit temps no problem
15306800_1624286184540826_8953622183423246336_n.jpg

Sweet Pic! Can't wait to hit the slopes myself this year!

I am having trouble turning the unit off. Often I have to press the top button for a few seconds then it
will react to the five clicks.

I have trouble understanding precision mode. I know that it starts in path mode. I click the button
one time. I see the temperature rising in the leds and then it shows the path mode blocks. Is that
how precision works.

@Reggie Watts has got your back with a great explanation on precision temp mode!

Hey there! I'm glad our CS team got back to you so quickly. I can understand wanting to speak to a live person as well. I will PM you to collect your personal contact information and have one of our reps give you a call.

It just shows the temperature. From smart path mode, press the power button once (which will display the current temp), and then press the up or down button to change the temp. Then it will stay at the selected temp until you change it. That is precision mode.

Great advice! Couldn't have said it any better!

Davinci_vaporizer,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
On that note, @Davinci has a case online, it looks just like a RYOT small pack ratz. Would be great if there was an picture of it open.

Ask, and ye shall receive...

davinci_case.png

It is a soft case that is big enough to fit the Ascent. There are two mesh pockets on either side with an elastic top. The IQ will fit on either side (one loosely, the other snuggly). I doubt you can fit both the Ascent and the IQ and be able to close the device.

On the larger pocket side, it is actually divided into TWO pockets -- the big one, and a very narrow one (Like for a pencil or something. The DaVinci keychain tool will fit in there, although in the picture, it is NEXT to it, not IN it.)

On the smaller pocket side (the side with the DaVinci logo on the outside), there is the mesh pocket that fits the IQ perfectly, and a full width zippered pocket, that you can see the metallic lining in the photo. I presume this to be smell proof.

On the non-logo exterior side there is a sewn pocket big enough to hold a few credit cards.

Let me know if this doesn't address all of your questions!

Cheers! :cheers:

blondenik

Davinci responded and they're sending me out a new unit. I'm happy with the response time and hoping the new unit is better.

My IQ got pretty hot too, but I tend to go full tilt boogie on the heat. Its OK to hold for the first 10 minutes at 430, but during the second 10 minutes I have to hold gingerly because of the heat.
From what I read here, these batteries should do just fine with the heat, I use a good quality battery charger. I am not too worried about the heat, unless the IQ's solder joints internally are melting :-). Get a vaping glove and be like Michael Jackson, that should help with the heat. Maybe hook it up to a water pipe so you don't hold it.
Yep,.... I am guessing you are another customer that feels DaVinci should answer the phone.
I wouldn't have minded the heat if it was 10min in. But 2-3 min in,I'm passing it back and forth like a hot potato lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ajlong12

IQ buyers, Make sure to redeem your reward points! I used mine to get the $20 store credit and a carrying case. Total out of pocket expense came to $0.50 after shipping! :)

BTW I am really enjoying my new vape. The stealth and vape production is great. Love the APP when it's working. I do have an annoying bug where the app won't recognize the device, and the only way to fix it is to restart my iPhone. Hopefully they fix the issue!

Other than that small gripe, great job Da Vinci I am glad I went with the IQ.

Top Bottom