Adobewan

Does the flavor last through the whole bowl like the firefly 2 and boundless cfv being that they are full convection? Or does it fade faster through session like other conduction units.
Depends on the setting but it lasts quite a bit longer than I expected on setting 3. As mentioned in a previous post, setting 1 is like minty angels singing on your tongue. Only currently have Firefly 1 which, as we all know, has awesome flavor but the IQ stays flavorful as long, if not longer than my FF. Hope to have my hands on an FF2 in the near future and will compare it to the IQ then.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
It seems at around 9 minutes into my smart path session ,no more clouds. I looked into bowl and materials still a little green. So I stir turn up heat and get a few more clouds but seems a lot less time and clouds than my vapir no2. With a lot more materials.

Are you using the app? Very cool to watch real time progress and get that feedback.

In terms of "clouds": What do you mean? Do you mean "visible vapor on exhale" or do you mean *CLOUDS!*

Reason why I ask, is that will tell me a lot about your inhalation.

I tend to be a session vaporist. So I sip. I'll get visible vapor through SP#1 several times, before moving to SP#2 and upward. So that is much >9min that you are getting.

If you OTOH, are hitting it hard and fast for maximum cloudage, then you could be spending all of you material rapidly. (BTW, if you use this approach, give it a little bit between hits to give the middle a chance at thermal recovery.)

But the real question is not "how many clouds can I see" but "how does it affect me?" That's what really matters. Clouds aren't a reliable indicator, especially across vapes. If you are getting as medicated, then that's what you should go by.

What's the optimal temp or smart path to use ?

The optimal Smart Path is the one that is right for you! This thing is wonderfully adjustable and everybody is different. So there is no one perfect path for everyone. (Oh, hey! A metaphor for life. I'm not trying to sound sappy... but there it is.) Play with it and find what suits your usage.

And I'd highly recommend playing with the app. Just because the Smart Paths come from the factory with SUGGESTED settings, doesn't mean you can't change one (or all!) to better suit your needs.

Maybe have to tamp more in ? In that case definitely need a spacer.

Yes. Tamp.

I use the head of the tool that is in the lid. I have it in hand to empty the chamber anyway.

I just wish they'd make that head bigger somehow. (Yes I understand the width is fixed to pull the Flavor Chamber's lid.) But it would make a better tamping tool if it weren't so small. Or find a better tool. IIRC @Ratchett designed (and sold) one for the Ascent. Perhaps he might custom design something here.

Until DV comes out with a spacer of their own, you can use what you like. Just be aware of the materials it is made of. (Just because it is "glass" doesn't mean it doesn't have impurities or coatings on it you might not want.) We've been using those "glass flowers" on the Ascent. They are sold as pipe screens, so they are intended to be used 1) under high temp and 2) in an inhalation path. (Here is one example. There are plenty more on Amazon (or other retailers if you are in another country).)

setting 1 is like minty angels singing on your tongue.

Ha! This amuses me greatly! Well said!

New user

Are you using the app? Very cool to watch real time progress and get that feedback.

In terms of "clouds": What do you mean? Do you mean "visible vapor on exhale" or do you mean *CLOUDS!*

I tend to be a session vaporist. So I sip. I'll get visible vapor through SP#1 several times, before moving to SP#2 and upward. So that is much >9min that you are getting.

If you OTOH, are hitting it hard and fast for maximum cloudage, then you could be spending all of you material rapidly. (BTW, if you use this approach, give it a little bit between hits to give the middle a chance at thermal recovery.)

But the real question is not "how many clouds can I see" but "how does it affect me?" That's what really matters. Clouds aren't a reliable indicator, especially across vapes. If you are getting as medicated, then that's what you should go by.

The optimal Smart Path is the one that is right for you! This thing is wonderfully adjustable and everybody is different. So there is no one perfect path for everyone. (Oh, hey! A metaphor for life. I'm not trying to sound sappy... but there it is.) Play with it and find what suits your usage.

And I'd highly recommend playing with the app. Just because the Smart Paths come from the factory with SUGGESTED settings, doesn't mean you can't change one (or all!) to better suit your needs.

Yes. Tamp.

I use the head of the tool that is in the lid. I have it in hand to empty the chamber anyway.

I just wish they'd make that head bigger somehow. (Yes I understand the width is fixed to pull the Flavor Chamber's lid.) But it would make a better tamping tool if it weren't so small. Or find a better tool. IIRC @Ratchett designed (and sold) one for the Ascent. Perhaps he might custom design something here.

Until DV comes out with a spacer of their own, you can use what you like. Just be aware of the materials it is made of. (Just because it is "glass" doesn't mean it doesn't have impurities or coatings on it you might not want.) We've been using those "glass flowers" on the Ascent. They are sold as pipe screens, so they are intended to be used 1) under high temp and 2) in an inhalation path. (Here is one example. There are plenty more on Amazon (or other retailers if you are in another country).)

Thanks for the advice

Last edited by a moderator:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
I'm just wondering, people looking for glass spacers...
Wouldn't it be really easy and use of common sense, maybe I'm wrong...
Go to your cheapest $1 market or else, any store will carry them...
Buy the cheapest Pyrex glass bowl, container, pan, cooking dish, etc etc.
Probably not more than $10 at the most...
Go to your driveway, get your rage on, smash it to pieces trying to keep minimum glass shower contained.
Try to smash in as small as the IQ oven spacer size needed.
I'll use work gloves for this task. Some protective glasses or shades.
When you have the desired sized IQ oven spacers... start rubbing them strongly on the concrete. It'll be as smooth as glass... jajajaja
When someone have enough of them... mail them for free to your fellow FC members.
Why people complicate their lifes so much???
jajajaja
Enjoy my free advice...
Stay vaped...

Vaporcussion

Took my IQ out for the first full night! Got home with a low battery, (don't have extras yet) packed another bowl. When it went dead in middle of bowl, I plugged it into the USB wall charger expecting to keep going, as it has pass through charging.

Only it doesn't.

It would not heat up with an depleted battery. After a few minutes, it did, but then went off again as I started to take draws.
This reminded me of the Crafty battery, which has to be at 20% or more before it can be used.

@Davinci, I asked about pass through charging early on; can you comment please?

Next weirdness: after charging it a whole night, I unplugged from charger, but the lights wouldn't go off!
It showed the full charge, but wouldn't disappear when I unplugged the cable. Then, it wouldn't turn on or even reset! I took out the battery, replaced and everything was fine again. But it was clearly frozen after a night on USB charge.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This reminded me of the Crafty battery, which has to be at 20% or more before it can be used.

I'm not a battery guy, but almost all these vapes coming out now saying they have pass through charging really only have it set to charge while being powered by the battery. I've been telling people they need about a 25% charge for portable vapes to work off a wall. But like I said, I'm no battery expert. Maybe someone like @KeroZen can chime in and enlighten us.

SpanglishVapes

Took my IQ out for the first full night! Got home with a low battery, (don't have extras yet) packed another bowl. When it went dead in middle of bowl, I plugged it into the USB wall charger expecting to keep going, as it has pass through charging.

Only it doesn't.

It would not heat up with an depleted battery. After a few minutes, it did, but then went off again as I started to take draws.

Next weirdness: after charging it a whole night, I unplugged from charger, but the lights wouldn't go off!
It showed the full charge, but wouldn't disappear when I unplugged the cable. Then, it wouldn't turn on or even reset! I took out the battery, replaced and everything was fine again. But it was clearly frozen after a night on USB charge.

Sounds like a safety shut off to me, as found in ecig mods that use 18650 batteries. Just as it is dangerous overcharging a 18650 to the point it can explode, the same can be said about over discharging also, you dont want to discharge a 18650 below 3v really to stay safe and not damage the cell a 10%-20% cutoff point on a battery would keep you nicely in the safe zone, i try to keep my ecig 18650 charged when they get to 20%-40% as this seems to extend their life a bit more.

Vaporcussion

almost all these vapes coming out now saying they have pass through charging really only have it set to charge while being powered by the battery.

Thanks; I'm pretty sure the ASCENT worked immediately, and would be nice to know how much the battery needs to be charged before using. Also, does it drain during use faster than it charges?
Of course an extra battery solves all this.

Of course extra battery solves this.

SpanglishVapes thank you for all this info; I didn't know about not draining 18650's all the way!

SpanglishVapes

SpanglishVapes thank you for all this info; I didn't know about not draining 18650's all the way!

Not a problem just trying to keep people informed and safe, as long as Li-Ion are treated right they are pretty safe, just dont over charge or discharge, leave them charging unattended for large periods of time, store or carry them loose where they could be shorted by metal objects (coins,keys etc), use batteries with damaged wrapping (can also cause a short on either the + or - post).

I also dont charge in any of my mods that support USB charging, a good external charger like Xstar or Nitecore will charge more stable and quicker than via USB and get you more life from the batteries.

And last but not least stay away from Amazon or Ebay when sourcing new cells, as there are just too many fakes to take the risk, stick to a trusted and verified retailer.

brownk131

I just recently got my new davinci iq. Unfortunately the flavor chamber fell out and broke on the ground does anyone know where I can get a new one i don't see it available on the site this is really upsetting.

Beeder

:leaf:...Day 2 and iQ still legit and keeping me LIT :nod::clap:, as I mentioned on the shipping thread...when u get it, just remember to get your personal style on how to take a draw (I do a steady sip in my mouth and inhale through nose at the same time slowly 5-15 secs is best way I can described, not fast and NOT hard, ignore the resistance, it will balance, tip is for beginners, I know you pros got yo DRAW GAME on LOCK with vapes). The vapor density can be controlled by the way you draw, just don't suck otherwise if you do it seems to make the vape device a little bit hotter than warm but not too hot to hold, allow 15-25 secs between draws and this method seems to allow the vape to only get warm and not hot to the touch. To me it's slightly and I do mean slightly similar to the draw resistance of an arizer solo, but I GET STONED AS ALL GET OUT. I vape my tempts between 383 - 400, then boost to 430 to finish out "Puff Daddy" (How I named iQ in iOS App), AVB comes out nice and Kit Kat chocolate brown and vaped throughout, no green... I don't put anything in flavor chamber, i use a coarse grind, NOT fine from a Santa Cruz shredder 3pc grinder....Brush out bowl & pearl, flavor chamber, and ensure no resin or residue in vapor path holes, swab out with 91% iso with precision tip q-tip for consistant device performance. I personally prefer 10mm adapter as mouthpiece instead of the included flat one (I'll be honest it's because I slob on the flat mouthpiece without trying to and inhaled air is cooler :lol:). I have also pre-ordered one of the PenSimple electronic grind, store & dispenser pens...pretty cool accessory check it out below! :2c::peace:

https://www.getpensimple.com

Last edited:

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
as it has pass through charging.

Only it doesn't.

Others have already made the comment about the batt being too low.

I can only add the comment that I was using mine connected to the wall, with a low, but not majorly low battery.

(PLUS: get spare batts and charger, and you won't have this issue in the future! :) )

Unfortunately the flavor chamber fell out and broke on the ground

It's not available on the CUSTOMER store, but I'll wager service can sell you one. Contact the company directly and buy it as a service part.

You really need it in place for proper airflow, so you won't be using it at 100% until you can get a replacement.

I personally prefer 10mm adapter as mouthpiece instead of the included flat one

Count me in the same camp. I like the "straw" much better!

Forbin's Dog

Is anyone else having trouble with the app? I got it to open once a few weeks ago when I first got the IQ, and haven't been able to log in since. I've uninstalled the app and still get nothing. I've tried to reset my password through the app and get an email, but when I click the link to reset the password I get sent to a blank page that just says "unauthorized" in plain text. I get that whether trying the link from my phone and my laptop. I figured I'd just create a new account with a different email address, but when I enter my email and password confirmation on the "create account" page I'm unable to click the Register button. I press it over and over and nothing happens. Anyone else having similar issues? I'd love to start customizing my smart paths. Any help, @Davinci_vaporizer ?

Edit: just wanted to note that i'm using a Galaxy s7.

Last edited:

Beeder

Is anyone else having trouble with the app? I got it to open once a few weeks ago when I first got the IQ, and haven't been able to log in since. I've uninstalled the app and still get nothing. I've tried to reset my password through the app and get an email, but when I click the link to reset the password I get sent to a blank page that just says "unauthorized" in plain text. I get that whether trying the link from my phone and my laptop. I figured I'd just create a new account with a different email address, but when I enter my email and password confirmation on the "create account" page I'm unable to click the Register button. I press it over and over and nothing happens. Anyone else having similar issues? I'd love to start customizing my smart paths. Any help, @Davinci_vaporizer ?

Try...going to settings then storage and clear cache if you have a cache option, uninstall the app, restart phone, re download app and try again, not sure if this will work but it's worth a shot Forbin's Dog, good luck homie... (also, check for a samsung software update and also ensure you have more than 30% available storage space on your phone to run apps optimally (example if you had a 16gb device, have roughly 4.8gb available space or more, if not backup then delete some photos, videos, apps, text, restart phone, re-download app and it as well as overall phone performance will improve, check for app updates in your play store also and update those....over wifi preferably unless you have unlimited data)

Last edited:

Forbin's Dog

Try...going to settings then storage and clear cache if you have a cache option, uninstall the app, restart phone, re download app and try again, not sure if this will work but it's worth a shot Forbin's Dog, good luck homie... (also, check for a samsung software update and also ensure you have more than 30% available storage space on your phone to run apps optimally (example if you had a 16gb device, have roughly 4.8gb available space or more, if not backup then delete some photos, videos, apps, text, restart phone, re-download app and it as well as overall phone performance will improve, check for app updates in your play store also and update those....over wifi preferably unless you have unlimited data)
I was finally able to log into the app, but was then plagued by the crashes that other users have talked about. Hopefully that gets straightened out in the near future.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
High people's! had few sessions with my iq. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? It seems at around 9 minutes into my smart path session ,no more clouds. I looked into bowl and materials still a little green. So I stir turn up heat and get a few more clouds but seems a lot less time and clouds than my vapir no2. With a lot more materials. What's the optimal temp or smart path to use ? I usually (on no2 ran at375 and upped it as I go)Maybe have to tamp more in ? In that case definitely need a spacer. Any suggestions I really want to love my iq. And I'm not that knowledgeable in vaping any advice is appreciated. Happy holidays

Hey there! You shouldn't need to stir your bowl but it helps. If you are chasing clouds the best Smart Path settings for you will be Smart Path 3 or 4. SP3 is 390-410 and SP4 is 410-430 those are going to be your higher temps that produce bigger clouds but wont necessarily give you the best flavor possible. Make sure to pack your bowl full and tightly.

Yes. Tamp.

Great advice @nigel you are always a great influence in this community.

Only it doesn't.

The IQ does have pass through charging like some other vapes and other users have mentioned you will need to charge it up at least 10-20% before using as the IQ does consume power quicker than it charges so that is why your bowl quit before you were finished with your session.

As for your battery lights that seems very strange. I know that the IQ will display that icon when it is charging and whenever a cable is plugged in even if the cable it's plugged into a wall outlet. Has it happened since you removed the battery and reset it?

I just recently got my new davinci iq. Unfortunately the flavor chamber fell out and broke on the ground does anyone know where I can get a new one i don't see it available on the site this is really upsetting.

We don't have spares for sale just yet on the web but we can help you with your broken Flavor Chamber in the mean time. Send me a DM and I'll have our CS team take care of you!

Jamie is an honest straight forward guy. I am glad you got to meet him. I got to test the IQ there. I am guessing that is the one you gave him.

Yea he's awesome! He let you demo one before buying? :rockon: That's awesome! I love Seattle lol :leaf:. If it was the Copper IQ that had "Piece of Mind" engraved in the side then yea it was the one we gave to him and his store!

@Randy Lahey the IQ kicks the Pax2 squarely in the beanbag! The IQ has easier draw, better flavor (for conduction), better battery life, and the smartpath application is great for those that like to temp step through an oven. Nothing wrong with that other conduction vape, its just not as good as the IQ.

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you are enjoying the IQ!

:leaf:...Day 2 and iQ still legit and keeping me LIT :nod::clap:, as I mentioned on the shipping thread...when u get it, just remember to get your personal style on how to take a draw (I do a steady sip in my mouth and inhale through nose at the same time slowly 5-15 secs is best way I can described, not fast and NOT hard, ignore the resistance, it will balance, tip is for beginners, I know you pros got yo DRAW GAME on LOCK with vapes). The vapor density can be controlled by the way you draw, just don't suck otherwise if you do it seems to make the vape device a little bit hotter than warm but not too hot to hold, allow 15-25 secs between draws and this method seems to allow the vape to only get warm and not hot to the touch. To me it's slightly and I do mean slightly similar to the draw resistance of an arizer solo, but I GET STONED AS ALL GET OUT. I vape my tempts between 383 - 400, then boost to 430 to finish out "Puff Daddy" (How I named iQ in iOS App), AVB comes out nice and Kit Kat chocolate brown and vaped throughout, no green... I don't put anything in flavor chamber, i use a coarse grind, NOT fine from a Santa Cruz shredder 3pc grinder....Brush out bowl & pearl, flavor chamber, and ensure no resin or residue in vapor path holes, swab out with 91% iso with precision tip q-tip for consistant device performance. I personally prefer 10mm adapter as mouthpiece instead of the included flat one (I'll be honest it's because I slob on the flat mouthpiece without trying to and inhaled air is cooler :lol:). I have also pre-ordered one of the PenSimple electronic grind, store & dispenser pens...pretty cool accessory check it out below! :2c::peace:

https://www.getpensimple.com

Great write up! Glad the IQ is serving you well! That pen grinder looks cool AF also. What other kinds of cool things besides grinders do you guys think that Davinci should make?

Hey! We are still working on and updating the Android version of our app so things are getting better and updated everyday! Now that you are able to log into your app and the account. Are you getting any sort of error code when setting the Smart Paths? Or just an automatic crash? Also what version of Android are you running on your S7?

Forbin's Dog

@Davinci_vaporizer , I'm running Android 6.0.1 on the S7. I haven't gotten any specific error messages, the app would just crash when I would try to change settings. After 2 or 3 crashes I just decided to play with it more later, and never got around to trying to customize the smart paths. Loving the IQ overall though. I'm seriously considering picking up that Honeybird combo soon, and can't wait for a spacer to be released.

Liberal_Lover69

@Vaporcussion
Hey man, about to splurge on an IQ for myself, and was wondering if you could answer a quick question I had about how smelly the unit is. Now, assuming it was kept very clean, say cleaned after every session, does the unit itself produce an odor when loaded? Like can I load it up, put it in my pocket, and walk around all day without anyone smelling anything? What If I used it once, emptied it, then put it back in my pocket?
Thanks bro :leaf:

Vaporcussion

how smelly

The first scenario, where you walk out with a loaded bowl, maybe. But after the session, even with emptying, brushing out, it will still smell. They all do. The flavor chamber probably doesn't help, as it collects resin. Probably the least smelly portable vape imo is the FF2, but it has it's own set of challenges, and as with any vape, you should carry it in a smell proof case like RYOT or Vatra. Problem solved...

People actually did comment on the smell from the IQ as I vaped outside, and after letting them try it (Don't drop it!"), they all commented on how fantastic the flavor is. And it really is! I actually prefer the end of a session with my IQ to the beginning of a session with the Pax 2. @Davinci - there's a quote for your site ;)

Top Bottom