jay87

@Davinci_vaporizer

So after cleaning my IQ and beginning a burn off cycle I noticed a significant amount of vapor coming from my empty and freshly cleaned IQ set to 430F.

I continued the burnoff and have set my IQ to 430F for ~45 minutes and this steady stream of mystery vapor continues to flow from my IQ.

I did do a burnoff when I originally got my IQ and didn't notice any off gassing however my initial burnoff was not as thorough as the one I conducted in this video. It's possible this vapor is coming from herb caught between the oven, however the amount vapor produced and the consistency of its production regardless of how long I burnoff makes me think it's something else.

I'm continuing to run this thing at 430F but the mystery vapor does not seem to be slowing down at all. The source of the vapor seems to be coming from the oven area itself as the vapor continues to be produced without the flavor chamber or mouthpiece being present.

This is eerily similar to the off gassing issues that occurred on the Ascent. Any ideas? :shrug:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
yeah i did both still the same both still the same result. i hope my device is not defective that would really be a bummer because it work fine without the app but i would love to set my smart paths.

Hmm, send me a PM let's dissect this some more and figure out what's going on.

Getting from LHS to avoid DOA. also local shop gives me 20% off for 20 cans of food. should be here on Thursday end of day. i am ready.

What is the name of your Local Head Shop? We just did a tour of the countries top shops and got them all set up with IQ's. I wonder if it was someone we saw!

@Davinci_vaporizer

So after cleaning my IQ and beginning a burn off cycle I noticed a significant amount of vapor coming from my empty and freshly cleaned IQ set to 430F.

I continued the burnoff and have set my IQ to 430F for ~45 minutes and this steady stream of mystery vapor continues to flow from my IQ.

I did do a burnoff when I originally got my IQ and didn't notice any off gassing however my initial burnoff was not as thorough as the one I conducted in this video. It's possible this vapor is coming from herb caught between the oven, however the amount vapor produced and the consistency of its production regardless of how long I burnoff makes me think it's something else.

I'm continuing to run this thing at 430F but the mystery vapor does not seem to be slowing down at all. The source of the vapor seems to be coming from the oven area itself as the vapor continues to be produced without the flavor chamber or mouthpiece being present.

This is eerily similar to the off gassing issues that occurred on the Ascent. Any ideas? :shrug:

As you mentioned there was no off gassing when you first received the IQ and we took great care when sourcing and assembling the materials to only use the highest quality material to ensure health and safety.

Now that being said I suspect that this vapor you are seeing is residue from behind your oven being slowly vaped and burned off. The area behind your oven wall and below where your flavor chamber rests can be difficult to clean fully. Sometimes residue can be left behind in this area which when doing a burn off cycle will cause it to warm up, melt down and make contact with your oven, and then start to vape off. The best way to clean that area is to use the brush to push down and past that gasket and the bristles will clean the inside of that area or to use a q-tip that has been dipped slightly in alcohol.

Trulukkyphrank

for the oven spacer I would suggest a much longer pearl to screw on the post, you think it doesn't fit in the chamber because of the angle to oven lid gets closed and opened? but it would work imo bc the post is very flexible!

as someone asked, I had very good experience with the customer service! and the device speaks for itself, it's so impressive and has so many ways to use!

xlr8

@Davinci_vaporizer

I had the same problem yesterday after first time cleaning, As @Davinci_vaporizer suggested it is coming from gunk accumulated under the oven; I used the included brush , soaked in ISO and pushed it beyond the gasket to remove those last sticky gunk residues.

After that no more residual vape.

Ok, but as for battery life, should it only last one 10 min session on Smart Path 4? The crafty had horrible battery life but lasted 2-3 sessions before needing a charge.

You should do at least 5 sessions on Smart Path 4, check with another battery i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of battery, I can't seem to find anything in the manual about the device having reverse battery protection. Does the IQ have this feature? Or will the board fry instantly if someone inserts the battery backwards?

Beeder

:leaf:Ordered Gunmetal 11/10 received 12/13 @ 9am cst (was due to receive 12/12), so for me personally, kudos to davinci team for delivering my vape according to their announced timeline. ( I never called or emailed once but I did watch this blog :o:rolleyes:Upon receipt put on charger for about 10 mins as battery came installed and was at about 85% full out of the box :clap:, anyway to what u really want to know... IT DELIVERS :rockon::bowdown::love::lol:. I watched the vape critics review, vapefiend, wavy vaporizers, namaste vapes, sneaky pete vaporizers, theVape.guide, who all have channels on YouTube with Davinci iQ reviews, shout out to all the YouTube vape reviewers and bloggers that help us all with our choice of vapes to purchase. By the way I own a mflb, arizer solo, cloud v phantom, pinnacle pro deluxe with hydro tube, crafty, mighty, gravlab glass blunt, and a 7 pipe pro http://nextbardo.com/products/7-pip...ad7fe29&mc_eid=2f4f744fbe&variant=32304339022
on order now to have a variety of ways to consume, loving my new Davinci iQ addition, shouts out to VapeLife Will also on YouTube who has many vape review videos (not one on Davinci iQ, but he's dope). Happy Holidays 2016 from Little Rock, Ar. FC Members!!! :peace: :leaf::tup::sherlock::popcorn::whoa::rofl:

Last edited:

Vaporcussion

That's exactly what we are imagining and trying to find the best and most practical spacer options for those types of situations.

@Davinci_vaporizer, Ok, I got it! lol

This one accessory could solve 4 problems at once.

*A smaller version of the flavor chamber, shaped to fit in the bowl, like a little pellet*

1) It would solve the dump/reload issue. You could sell additional pellets for preloading.
2) It would keep the oven much cleaner and perhaps avoid/lessen the inevitable staining.
3) Smaller loads- the little cover cap would push down to adapt to small loads. You'd fish the pellet out with the poker, or better yet it would slide out easily.
4) It may bypass the need to stir at all.

Armed with pre-filled pellets and spare batteries, the IQ would know no limits!

jay87

As you mentioned there was no off gassing when you first received the IQ and we took great care when sourcing and assembling the materials to only use the highest quality material to ensure health and safety.

Now that being said I suspect that this vapor you are seeing is residue from behind your oven being slowly vaped and burned off. The area behind your oven wall and below where your flavor chamber rests can be difficult to clean fully. Sometimes residue can be left behind in this area which when doing a burn off cycle will cause it to warm up, melt down and make contact with your oven, and then start to vape off. The best way to clean that area is to use the brush to push down and past that gasket and the bristles will clean the inside of that area or to use a q-tip that has been dipped slightly in alcohol.

I want to say you're right about the residue.

Having dealt with my Ascent oven inside and out, some leftover residue causing this vapor is something I wouldn't doubt at all.

I did notice a good amount of residue built up around the bottom of the flavor chamber before I cleaned it, it would make sense for that residue to end up between the flavor chamber and the oven.

That area between the oven and flavor chamber is the one thing I was concerned about cleaning and for good reason.

For me this seems to be a permanent symptom. I've cleaned the oven and the inbetween area as well as I can and I've done around a couple hours worth of constant burnoff cycles and the vapor remains.

To be fair the vapor isn't visible without an led light and I've noticed no vapor is produced at 300F. At around 350F the vapor begins to flow with an empty oven which is a possible indicator that it is marijuana vapor being vaped off.

On side note I was able to test the IQ batteries and this is what I've found:

I can complete ~6-7 10 minute sessions at 430F before the battery dies which is quite good.
After completing the 10 minute session at 430F my IQ is warm but not too hot and the battery is consistently cooler than the body of the device.
Only after my 7th consecutive 10 minute session at 430F did the IQ get hot enough for me to express concern.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
U district piece of mind seattle

Nice! That's Jamie's store!!! I just got back from doing a visit to the Seattle area and setting up Seattle Smoke Shops with IQ's. Great store in a great city!

Ok, but as for battery life, should it only last one 10 min session on Smart Path 4? The crafty had horrible battery life but lasted 2-3 sessions before needing a charge.

The IQ should last about 6-7 sessions on SP4. Have you tried using a different battery? Please send me a DM and let's see if we can figure this out!

Speaking of battery, I can't seem to find anything in the manual about the device having reverse battery protection. Does the IQ have this feature? Or will the board fry instantly if someone inserts the battery backwards?

Yes the IQ is protected if the battery is installed backwards. Our circuit boards protect against batteries that are unsafe to be used in the IQ or reverse installed batteries.

@Davinci_vaporizer, Ok, I got it! lol

This one accessory could solve 4 problems at once.

*A smaller version of the flavor chamber, shaped to fit in the bowl, like a little pellet*

1) It would solve the dump/reload issue. You could sell additional pellets for preloading.
2) It would keep the oven much cleaner and perhaps avoid/lessen the inevitable staining.
3) Smaller loads- the little cover cap would push down to adapt to small loads. You'd fish the pellet out with the poker, or better yet it would slide out easily.
4) It may bypass the need to stir at all.

Armed with pre-filled pellets and spare batteries, the IQ would know no limits!

Great suggestions! I'll pass them along to our Dev team for sure!

Hahaha you found it! Just got those up today! More fun stuff to come soon!

Randy Lahey

I actually commend DaVinci for coming on here and answering all of the questions. That said, Im not sure I can wait for them to get their product into Ontario, Canada. I was told by them end of the month but Im not sure that will happen on time.

Can anyone who uses a Pax 2 and has used a DIQ weigh in on a comparison? Ive seen some vids on line but thought Id ask here too thanks.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Somebody in this thread mentioned buying a glass pearl and using it as a spacer.... Couldn't we just order another pearl from DaVinci and use that?

Yes you could absolutely do that once we get spare pearls in stock! Probably safer than the random glass bead that you can find around as well.

Yay, batteries and other cool accessories are in stock. Tempted to get the bubbler...

All kinds of fun stuff! More and more to come soon! I personally sourced and curated our accessories so I get extra excited for this stuff!

The bubbler is actually a Nectar Collector by Wasatch Glass. If you get one of their standard tips you can use the same bubbler as a nectar collector when your not using the IQ!

I actually commend DaVinci for coming on here and answering all of the questions. That said, Im not sure I can wait for them to get their product into Ontario, Canada. I was told by them end of the month but Im not sure that will happen on time.

Can anyone who uses a Pax 2 and has used a DIQ weigh in on a comparison? Ive seen some vids on line but thought Id ask here too thanks.

Thank you! We try and be as active as we can! After all it is all of your great feedback that helped us mold the IQ in to the great product that it is. It is also your voices and opinions that influence our decisions for things like which accessories to design and carry, improvements to our current products, and functions and features to be built into our devices and our app! Keep the feedback coming!

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Has anyone come up with a way to remove the oven staining? Isopropyl Alcohol just doesn't work for that. @Davinci_vaporizer Would it be okay to use the formula 420 (or similar) glass/ceramic cleaner on the oven walls with a q tip?

It's already been mentioned in this thread (and discussed in the Ascent thread originally several years back), but Magic Eraser(tm) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine_foam) would be fine. It can scrub up tough stains. Tear up a small bit and use a tool to scrub it. Just rinse afterward.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I want to say you're right about the residue.

Having dealt with my Ascent oven inside and out, some leftover residue causing this vapor is something I wouldn't doubt at all.

I did notice a good amount of residue built up around the bottom of the flavor chamber before I cleaned it, it would make sense for that residue to end up between the flavor chamber and the oven.

That area between the oven and flavor chamber is the one thing I was concerned about cleaning and for good reason.

For me this seems to be a permanent symptom. I've cleaned the oven and the inbetween area as well as I can and I've done around a couple hours worth of constant burnoff cycles and the vapor remains.

To be fair the vapor isn't visible without an led light and I've noticed no vapor is produced at 300F. At around 350F the vapor begins to flow with an empty oven which is a possible indicator that it is marijuana vapor being vaped off.

On side note I was able to test the IQ batteries and this is what I've found:

I can complete ~6-7 10 minute sessions at 430F before the battery dies which is quite good.
After completing the 10 minute session at 430F my IQ is warm but not too hot and the battery is consistently cooler than the body of the device.
Only after my 7th consecutive 10 minute session at 430F did the IQ get hot enough for me to express concern.

Burn offs mean nothing once the vape has been used. You should expect to always see vapor coming out once it's been used. They are no longer mystery vapors, but mj vapors!

New user

High people's! had few sessions with my iq. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? It seems at around 9 minutes into my smart path session ,no more clouds. I looked into bowl and materials still a little green. So I stir turn up heat and get a few more clouds but seems a lot less time and clouds than my vapir no2. With a lot more materials. What's the optimal temp or smart path to use ? I usually (on no2 ran at375 and upped it as I go)Maybe have to tamp more in ? In that case definitely need a spacer. Any suggestions I really want to love my iq. And I'm not that knowledgeable in vaping any advice is appreciated. Happy holidays

KidKush91

so the app started working out of the blue lol everything seems to be fine and i must say when there's no issues the iq is the best vape i own and i own every pax and the firefly 2 i will say the firefly 2 has the best flavor but the iq isn't far behind at all. The overall design and functionality of the vape paired with the app is amazing. i'm really look forward to trying this out with a water pipe. aside from the app issue i'm happy with my purchase and i look forward to checking out a few accessories especially the 10mm to 14mm adapter and the carrying case.

MinnBobber

IQ chamber ????

I tend to buy only vapes that work with the miniVAP Flexicone loading system or the S & B Dosing Capsules.
Any IQ owners with either/both that can please see if they fit? Or does the MV big or small wire basket fit, without the Flexi cover, as thinking about the air path, my usual options might not work??

Can IQ operate with loading chamber cover open as that's how I'd use with flexicone?---likely wrong airflow direction to use this way???

thanks,
inquiring minds want to know ;)

Top Bottom