stickstones

Vapor concierge
Here's a pic of the pearl recessed like it comes out of the box.

wNCueaX.jpg

Here's a pic of it fully extended.

UpWdWBr.jpg

When the pearl is fully extended, my best guess is that it makes the chamber 1/3 smaller.

Last edited:

wNCueaX.jpg

UpWdWBr.jpg

When the pearl is fully extended, my best guess is that it makes the chamber 1/3 smaller.[/QUOTE

Hmmm, how did you manage to do this? lol my pearl piece seems to be perma-attached in that first fully seated position. Feels like if I turn it any further it's going to break off

Last edited:

Volteric

Hmmm, how did you manage to do this? lol my pearl piece seems to be perma-attached in that first fully seated position. Feels like if I turn it any further it's going to break off

I believe you unscrew it but please don't ruin yours on account of my hear-say belief. I think that was only a couple of photos with speculation. I'd like to know that it actually does create a spacer that reduces the full amount by 30%.

Volteric,
I believe you unscrew it but please don't ruin yours on account of my hear-say belief. I think that was only a couple of photos with speculation. I'd like to know that it actually does create a spacer that reduces the full amount by 30%.

Yeah well maybe some revision was made? Because I have twisted on this thing for an hour and it's going to snap off if I turn it any further I can feel the little nipple behind there twisting up. Either way I am having all kinds of disappointment with it since I got it a few days ago. I said weeks ago when I pre-ordered that if it just vaped as well as the arizer air I would be happy. Sadly I can't get it to vape anywhere near as well. The flavor is good but I can't get it to produce vapor no matter what I do. If I start the sess. on 375 and give it 5 long slow arizer air style draws I will get maybe one of those rips to produce vapor. Crank it up to 400, again 5 hoots...one makes vapor. Open it up and the whole bowl is baked dark brown and gone. .5 in...two mediocre rips. Chalked it up to anomaly and then proceeded to waste about 2 grams in it last night fighting for the 4 or 5 rips I got out of it. I don't know what the problem is. I pull slow, no vapor. I pull hard, no vapor. Flavor yes, vapor no. Got crazy and said fuck it I'll start a full pack on 430, have to get at least a few good ones ...nope, handful of draws, one good hit in the bunch. fried bowl. I am like ready to put this thing in the drawer lol. I have tried everything, full tight pack, full loose pack. ugh I live in RI and meds are expensive as all get out up here. I have wasted probably $45 in it in the last 36 hours. The quality of the unit seems great, I like the flavors it gives, comparable to the air. But the amount of vapor is just nada. Packed the same herb in the air on blue...356 degrees. Got 8 or so thick visible tokes. I'm losing my mind lol.

Reggie Watts

Yeah well maybe some revision was made? Because I have twisted on this thing for an hour and it's going to snap off if I turn it any further I can feel the little nipple behind there twisting up. Either way I am having all kinds of disappointment with it since I got it a few days ago. I said weeks ago when I pre-ordered that if it just vaped as well as the arizer air I would be happy. Sadly I can't get it to vape anywhere near as well. The flavor is good but I can't get it to produce vapor no matter what I do. If I start the sess. on 375 and give it 5 long slow arizer air style draws I will get maybe one of those rips to produce vapor. Crank it up to 400, again 5 hoots...one makes vapor. Open it up and the whole bowl is baked dark brown and gone. .5 in...two mediocre rips. Chalked it up to anomaly and then proceeded to waste about 2 grams in it last night fighting for the 4 or 5 rips I got out of it. I don't know what the problem is. I pull slow, no vapor. I pull hard, no vapor. Flavor yes, vapor no. Got crazy and said fuck it I'll start a full pack on 430, have to get at least a few good ones ...nope, handful of draws, one good hit in the bunch. fried bowl. I am like ready to put this thing in the drawer lol. I have tried everything, full tight pack, full loose pack. ugh I live in RI and meds are expensive as all get out up here. I have wasted probably $45 in it in the last 36 hours. The quality of the unit seems great, I like the flavors it gives, comparable to the air. But the amount of vapor is just nada. Packed the same herb in the air on blue...356 degrees. Got 8 or so thick visible tokes. I'm losing my mind lol.
That unit must be defective. This is a conduction vape, so you don't need to use any technique to produce vapor. A working IQ makes big clouds above 370.

Vaporcussion

wNCueaX.jpg

UpWdWBr.jpg

When the pearl is fully extended, my best guess is that it makes the chamber 1/3 smaller.

Thank you for clarifying with these pics. I actually knew a guy who could do that with his eyeball. He'd extend it out of the socket, and say "I've got my eye on you" Sorry for going off thread... :0

oddjobold

Vape swap shop

Sounds like a leak in the vapor path. You said the herbs getting cooked...vapor must be going somewhere.

oddjobold,

BuzzDanklin

wNCueaX.jpg

UpWdWBr.jpg

Careful doing this, I tried extending the pearl for a few sessions, and then one time when I flipped the oven lid open after a session the pearl went flying and I almost lost it. I keep it fully screwed in now

Not to be mean, but how good of a quality is your herb? I noticed mid grade doesn't produce as much vapor like my top shelf does.

Top shelf for sure, 29% thca diablo OG. Tasty AF too.
For anyone curious I figured out the issue, after the suggestion about a leak in the flavor path I decided to take a look in that area, removed the "flavor chamber" insert completely and it vaped like a dream. Got out the trusty flashlight and took a look inside the vapor path tube...the rubber o-seal that sits in the bottom is like all sorts of janky and blocking the holes from the oven. I don't really feel up to waiting another MONTH to get another one sent to me so I have just settled on using it with no flavor chamber at all. Flavor is still great, clouds are pretty good and without that chamber insert the air-flow is much more open. The draw resistance is like butter. Not super happy about paying almost $300 for something to see a o-ring seated wrong. If I could figure out how to pull that rubber out and re-seat it it may fix the issue but I don't want to break anything so for now simply removing the flavor chamber completely and using it that way seems to work. Should anyone else get one of these and find the same blocked oven issue try removing the flavor chamber completely and see if you can't live with it. I have the feeling the rma process on these guys will be a small eon giving the state of current stock.

I thought it was the herb carry can.

I thought it was the fact that the app got released early lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

sickmanfraud

For anyone curious I figured out the issue, after the suggestion about a leak in the flavor path I decided to take a look in that area, removed the "flavor chamber" insert completely and it vaped like a dream. Got out the trusty flashlight and took a look inside the vapor path tube...the rubber o-seal that sits in the bottom is like all sorts of janky and blocking the holes from the oven. I don't really feel up to waiting another MONTH to get another one sent to me so I have just settled on using it with no flavor chamber at all. Flavor is still great, clouds are pretty good and without that chamber insert the air-flow is much more open. The draw resistance is like butter. Not super happy about paying almost $300 for something to see a o-ring seated wrong. If I could figure out how to pull that rubber out and re-seat it it may fix the issue but I don't want to break anything so for now simply removing the flavor chamber completely and using it that way seems to work. Should anyone else get one of these and find the same blocked oven issue try removing the flavor chamber completely and see if you can't live with it. I have the feeling the rma process on these guys will be a small eon giving the state of current stock.

I understand the desire to play with new toys, but for $300 I would expect it to work properly.

You will have to send it back at some time or you will have no chance of selling it when a newer shinier toy hits the shelves.

I would suggest that you start the paper work and don't send the IQ into DaVinci until they have sufficient stock to replace your vape with minimal delay.

Chandler

Removing the flavor chamber to decrease draw resistance and get more visible vapor, this seems to be becoming necessary? i thought the flavor chambers purpose was also to cool the vapor? but in fact some are saying the device works better without it. Can yall speak more on this issue? thanks

Chandler,
Reactions: nacho257

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Removing the flavor chamber to decrease draw resistance and get more visible vapor, this seems to be becoming necessary? i thought the flavor chambers purpose was also to cool the vapor? but in fact some are saying the device works better without it. Can yall speak more on this issue? thanks

For those that have the IQ. If you take the flavour chamber out whats the flavour chamber chamber made out of?

oddjobold,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
How can it enter stand by and resume smart path at the same time? Some posts before that one, I understood 'stand by' means heater cooling down - but this wouldn't make sense as smart path's low end is 250F - and this would resume after boost..? Sorry, if mixed anything up...? :)

On another note, do you plan on implementing a "boost limiter" to the app software to adjust a max boost temp? I think @Shit Snacks asked something like that before. this would be a stunning feature and probably easy to do?

Thanks for your service! :)

Sorry poor wording on my part. The unit enters stand by after releasing the control button from Boost. Now from standy by you can press any button to exit and resume your smart path where you left it. I how that clears it up.

Just got mine, it's charging!! Probably won't wait for it to fully charge with pass through.....

Npt sure if I'm supposed to share the "surprise", but I was delighted!!

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO, copper one I just got today. I was able to catch it before anything bad happened, but beware when connecting. For reference in using iOS. My app seems buggy, reccomends folks stay away until they figure this out.

On the plus side, I LOVE it

You can totally share the surprise. Thanks for your reports on the app. We haven't had this issue in house yet we are trying to replicate it and make any necessary updates for the app.

wNCueaX.jpg

UpWdWBr.jpg

Great pics man! You are correct it does reduce the oven by about 30%

I thought it was the herb carry can.

Haha. Yes you are correct Reggie it is the carry can!

@canalguyopen the gasket at the end of your flavor chamber cavity is not blocking the holes from the oven. I know that when you look down it looks like it is off center but that is actually by design the vapor makes a slight turn when it leaves the oven and travels into the flavor chamber. Please do not try and remove it as that gasket holds your bowl in place and removing it would most defiantly damage your vaporizer.

Without the flavor chamber installed you are actually creating an air leak which is why the draw resistance has decreased so much. Have you tried the extended mouthpiece yet? It has a wider mouth and has less resistance more like the Airzer straws that you are used to. Lastly I would check the openings on both ends of your flavor chamber to make sure they are fully open.

Rockafella

Hi,

I dont need to use lot of herb daily .5 sounds too much for me

Can anybody comment what is the minimum amount for this? What about PAX2(with pusher) or Crafty?

ld

I just received mine, very excited. Ordered November 2nd (copper) in NJ. I had purchased 2-extra batteries and a charger to be ready, the ones I got don't work, you need the ones without the button top (just a heads up) I had to try it immediately and wow.

Should I hold off on the app for now? Not looking for any problems. If I do a quick shutoff after a few hits, am I good to go a little later? Without cleaning, stirring or replacing contents?

thx

ld,
Top Bottom