Glass004

Consumer Advocate
sounds about right, it definitely looks like a chrome finish, but i don't see it being stainless steel. No matter how much you polish it you cant revive the surface once the finish starts flaking off
I think it is a chrome electroplated on stainless steel. Around irregular surfaces/holes the electroplating is sometimes variable. Perhaps the electroplated chrome is too thin around the hole.

I ordered a soft carrying case and received a one that does't even compare to those shown in all the sponsored videos.
I like my Ascent Packrat case for my IQ as it allows space for gear and batteries. It also is tall enough to stash the IQ with stem mouthpiece attached. This is a packrat case I saw on line for an Iolite. Maybe that will work?
http://www.iolite.com/olive-packrat-case.html

Ripstar

Yep. It vibrated the first time I tried. Nothing. Tried many time after that again and no vibrate at all now.
Shhhhhhhh.....No I haven't. Shoot! totally forgot about removing battery. Hard to remember it has a removable battery.

Ripstar,
Reactions: Glass004

BigJr48

I think it is a chrome electroplated on stainless steel. Around irregular surfaces/holes the electroplating is sometimes variable. Perhaps the electroplated chrome is too thin around the hole.

I like my Ascent Packrat case for my IQ as it allows space for gear and batteries. It also is tall enough to stash the IQ with stem mouthpiece attached. This is a packrat case I saw on line for an Iolite. Maybe that will work?
http://www.iolite.com/olive-packrat-case.html
I recently bought a AmazonBasics external hard drive case in replacement of the knock-off Davinci sent me as the soft carrying case.

BigJr48,
Reactions: Glass004

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums.../mzansiliving/20170201_211110_zps4njbxems.jpg

Hope i uploaded the pics correctly. I am loving my IQ. Listened to all you guys advise on spare batteries and cleaning. Only issue i am working around is the heat the unit generates. I have made a couple of leather straps which works well. Lots of experimenting & fun.

Hello!
mzansiliving shared an album with you.

View Album, http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mzansiliving/library/

Nice DIY koozy for your IQ. Also great pics overall.

I have tried a factory reset and nothing has worked. Somehow, the battery level indicator has been on for 3 days. I can't even turn it to the level setting anymore. Maybe I am doing the reset wrong? Hold all buttons down? Previously, I was at least able to actually use it by accessing the level indicator.

Send me a DM let's see what is going on and if we need to get a warranty claim started for you.

@Davinci_vaporizer

When are the new cases due? I thought we were getting them end of january?

Bags just got in. Getting photos taken of them so they can get up on the website. Should be in a few days max.

BMvape

I ordered the Honeybird Combo back on Jan 20th and they only sent me the core. After I told them about the issue they sent me an invoice ($0) for the female joint adapter two days later. It still has not shipped. They told me they were waiting on a shipment. It's been such a tease sitting here not being able to use the tool. Taking the Combo off of the website isn't very reassuring I'll get the piece anytime soon.

On another issue, I just got a new unit shipped to me after I RMA'd my first unit due to the cracked oven. The new unit did have residue of some sort on the unit and packaging that someone else mentioned, but not a huge deal. I did notice the hinges were a little tighter on this unit. The mouthpiece side door didn't seem to line up as perfectly as my original unit. When closed, the lid looked slightly raised on the hinge side. I swapped out the flavor chamber with the one that come with my original unit and the lid closes a little tighter. When sitting side by side, the new flavor chamber seemed to have a slightly longer narrowing end which raised it slightly higher, preventing the lid to sit properly. Again, not huge deals, but that first unit was flawless (aside from the oven). I did lose that rubber ring from the flavor chamber in the process. Would think a replacement would be included. Sucks it cost $13 to replace. I wish that the lid was threaded to eliminate the need for that gasket. Still love this thing.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I ordered the Honeybird Combo back on Jan 20th and they only sent me the core. After I told them about the issue they sent me an invoice ($0) for the female joint adapter two days later. It still has not shipped. They told me they were waiting on a shipment. It's been such a tease sitting here not being able to use the tool. Taking the Combo off of the website isn't very reassuring I'll get the piece anytime soon.

On another issue, I just got a new unit shipped to me after I RMA'd my first unit due to the cracked oven. The new unit did have residue of some sort on the unit and packaging that someone else mentioned, but not a huge deal. I did notice the hinges were a little tighter on this unit. The mouthpiece side door didn't seem to line up as perfectly as my original unit. When closed, the lid looked slightly raised on the hinge side. I swapped out the flavor chamber with the one that come with my original unit and the lid closes a little tighter. When sitting side by side, the new flavor chamber seemed to have a slightly longer narrowing end which raised it slightly higher, preventing the lid to sit properly. Again, not huge deals, but that first unit was flawless (aside from the oven). I did lose that rubber ring from the flavor chamber in the process. Would think a replacement would be included. Sucks it cost $13 to replace. I wish that the lid was threaded to eliminate the need for that gasket. Still love this thing.

How long did it take to get it back?

slcbdco,
Reactions: BigJr48

BMvape

Jan 16: Requested RMA
Jan 18: Received RMA
Jan 19: Shipped to DaVinci (USPS Priority PA to NV) Unable to receive on Saturday Jan 21
Jan 23: Received confirmation that unit was delivered
Jan 26: Got invoice for a new unit ($0)
Jan 27: Got shipping confirmation and tracking code
Jan 30: Received new unit.

14 days, not too upset with that turnaround. Had the good ol' Ascent to get me through it.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Jan 16: Requested RMA
Jan 18: Received RMA
Jan 19: Shipped to DaVinci (USPS Priority PA to NV) Unable to receive on Saturday Jan 21
Jan 23: Received confirmation that unit was delivered
Jan 26: Got invoice for a new unit ($0)
Jan 27: Got shipping confirmation and tracking code
Jan 30: Received new unit.

14 days, not too upset with that turnaround. Had the good ol' Ascent to get me through it.

Hopefully mine will be on the way soon then! thanks

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
I did lose that rubber ring from the flavor chamber in the process. Would think a replacement would be included. Sucks it cost $13 to replace. I wish that the lid was threaded to eliminate the need for that gasket. Still love this thing.
Davinci mentioned awhile back, not sure what page, you can get a replacement o ring from a hardware store.. don't quote me, but I think he said it was 8mm?

BL4ZE

So I ended buying an IQ and received it today.

First Impression:

It seems like a nice little unit. My first portable vape was a mflb which I got a long time ago and has been sitting unused for years now. (Not that it's a bad unit) The IQ is definitely a huge step up and I love being able to control the temperature. I also like the fact that I'll be able to use it with glass, but first I need a 14mm piece.

First use:

I typically take one bong rip from my vapexhale cloud before my gym sessions which leaves me medicated where I need to be. Obviously I had to try the IQ out today.
I first tried it on the lowest temp setting and didn't taste or see much vapor. I then turned it to the second heat path and took two more draws. This produced more flavor and visible vapor. After years of vaping I should have known that just because you don't see much doesn't mean it won't get you. So I ended up a tad bit higher then I wanted to be before the gym lol.
I'll try and leave more feedback as it gets more use. I'm pretty excited to have a portable unit that I can hide in the palm of my hand. It'll be perfect for hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding and anything else I get into.

benbar21

I have been loving the IQ.. broken pearl post and all! I got my new post/replacement pearl in the mail, and can't wait for it to be whole again.
My one complaint (it's really nit-picky, but still kinda bugs the ocd side of me) is my mouthpiece lid sits lopsided, the side with the magnet lays flush, but the side with the hinge sticks up enough to see a small gap. Doesn't affect the performance at all. Just aesthetics.

Hey!

Sorry to reply to just an old post, but I'm wondering how the replacement post works?

The post and pearl fell off my IQ and I'm just waiting for Monday to be able to call in and get the replacement sent out. But I'm a bit confused as to how they can send a replacement post, since the post unit seems to really be a part of the top lid?

If you could let me know how/if you were able to install the new post it'd be great!

Thanks

Coppersmith

Hey!

Sorry to reply to just an old post, but I'm wondering how the replacement post works?

The post and pearl fell off my IQ and I'm just waiting for Monday to be able to call in and get the replacement sent out. But I'm a bit confused as to how they can send a replacement post, since the post unit seems to really be a part of the top lid?

If you could let me know how/if you were able to install the new post it'd be great!

Thanks
Remove the flush outter ring at base of pearl with a pick . the pearl post is a t form just pry that out . it has a square base going into a square cut out.

Glass004

Consumer Advocate

The differences I have noted between my 3 IQs include a power in button that was not crisp and consistent in function on my first IQ. This made mode selection difficult. It's oven failed.

A second difference involves power settings in my 2nd IQ. After two short sessions, none of my batteries had enough power to restart a third session without this unit cutting off. This units oven failed too. This unit was significantly different in it's power function. It's power button was good.

Compared to the lovely Ascent, the IQ has improved engineering to prevent hardware failure. The display and buttons in the Ascent are too fragile and liable for pocket damage by keys etc. The IQ's buttons and display are flush and less likely to be damaged.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Davinci_vaporizer
Hey just wondering what happened to the honeybird combo on the website? I dont see it on anymore and i was really hoping to pick it up this week.
i got a honeybird core off ebay for like $30...ijs. i still need the other peice (10mm female)
but definitely not a bad deal! i tried to order one from DV on a Monday, it said it shipped Tuesday (or sent me a shipping notice) and a refund on thursday stating they were out of stock...how an out of stock item ships in the first place is beyond me, had a tracking number and everything! lol

benbar21

Remove the flush outter ring at base of pearl with a pick . the pearl post is a t form just pry that out . it has a square base going into a square cut out.

makes sense, thanks for the reply!

Did they send you yours yet? I read earlier on that they didn't have any when you initially tried to get it replaced.

And if they did did they charge for shipping?

Thanks!

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
Hey!

Thanks
I had a nice explanation of my situation that I had posted a lot of pages back, and I figured you hadn't seen it. So I re explained what happened so that you, and any new people who didn't read it, could know what happened. I also included new information that would not have made sense without going over some of the back story that I had previously posted. An admin apparently thought I was rehashing a previous grievence and deleted the post, new info and all. Sorry, I guess you just gotta search a few pages back to hear what happened, and apparently no one is allowed to see how it was resolved.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I had a nice explanation of my situation that I had posted a lot of pages back, and I figured you hadn't seen it. So I re explained what happened so that you, and any new people who didn't read it, could know what happened. I also included new information that would not have made sense without going over some of the back story that I had previously posted. An admin apparently thought I was rehashing a previous grievence and deleted the post, new info and all. Sorry, I guess you just gotta search a few pages back to hear what happened, and apparently no one is allowed to see how it was resolved.
Apologies for not realizing that your removed post was in response to a direct inquiry about your situation. Here is the content of the removed post FWIW:
A while ago, after my post tore, they told me my replacement post, and a new pearl, was shipping to me. A few days later I recieved the invoice with two items listed, the post, and a pearl. When I got the package, it contained only the pearl. That was it, no post.
I didn't get any notification that what was being shipped, differed from the invoice.
I sent a very angry email, asking why it would be on the invoice, but not in the package. I got a general response saying oh sorry about that, they are on back order. With no comment on why it was on the invoice then.
The whole process took 3 weeks, and the piece I needed wasn't even included.
After raising a ruckus about how unprofessional that was, the davinci rep on here got ahold of me and told me they had an extra post off an IQ that got sent in laying around that they would send me.
He told me they sent it about a week ago, but I have been on vacation. I get back tomorrow night, and will see if it is actually there.
This whole deal is why I gifted my IQ to my gf, and got the FF2.
I love the IQ, it is an AWESOME little vape. But this whole deal turned me off to Davinci.

:peace:

Coppersmith

makes sense, thanks for the reply!

Did they send you yours yet? I read earlier on that they didn't have any when you initially tried to get it replaced.

And if they did did they charge for shipping?

Thanks!
Nope !! No word from them other than on back order . Fixed mine by inserting a small screw up threw base of post into broken thread post . Works great.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Nope !! No word from them other than on back order . Fixed mine by inserting a small screw up threw base of post into broken thread post . Works great.
i'm really interested in that fix...are you able to post pics?

mine isn't broken, but i could definitely see this helping others

Top Bottom