Baron23

I was loaned an IQ by a friend who has two. I was excited to try it as I personally believe that while I like my convection vapes very much, there is still a place for conduction and it often seems to get undeserved disrespect.

Well, this is what I found:

1. The oven is too big for me. I like to load .05 g and .1 g or so loads. This has been talked about many times so no need to rehash it but I do think DaVinci would do themselves a favor by fast tracking a spacer solution and making it a very high priority.

2. Unit feels GREAT to hand. Nicely build solid feeling.

3. It did get quite warm. Not too hot to hold, but warm enough to be annoying to me (we are all different in our sensitivity to heat so this is just my experience and you may find it different).

4. I like the hinges as far as function, but worry about their robustness and long term durability. There are three hinges (including battery compartment) and I, if I recollect correctly, the battery compartment has a spring loaded latch that I also am a bit suspicous of. But this is just worry as I had in fact no mechanical issues at all.

5. I have been a long time stalwart supporter of removable standard batteries and that's a real plus for the IQ in my book.

6. Vapor production just hasn't been there for me yet. I ran at 385 F in precision mode, bumping up to 430 at the end as a boost, as this is what I use often with other vapes (well, not the 430) and wanted an apple to apple comparison. I have packed full and well tamped but the draw restriction was awful with the 10 mm adapter/MP. While I got vapor and extracted the load, the vapor wasn't thick and it was an exhausting experience fighting the draw resistance. I tried the other MP with no tamp whatsoever (just dumped in lightly with a scoop) with a slight improvement in draw resistance but vapor production was identical to previous. Its there for sure, but I'm mostly a night time pain and sleep medical user and frankly I get denser vapor from other vapes. Smaller load of the exact same herb in my Mighty was a much more satisfying experience. My friend who lent it to me was shocked as his other unit produces nice thick vapor easily. I'm going to send this one back to him and he's going to do a side by side comparison. It may just be this unit.

7. Stealth is not a criteria to me at all thought I realize it is for many others. So, this vape doesn't call to me for its portability cause I generally really don't run around vaping. But for those that do, this is a very nice unit.

So, that's my experience so far. I'm hopeful that my friend, who hasn't really used the unit he lent me, will find that my issues with vapor production/quality is just this one unit. We will see.

Cheers

benbar21

Nope !! No word from them other than on back order . Fixed mine by inserting a small screw up threw base of post into broken thread post . Works great.

Damn, but that's a great idea! Probably sturdier than the rubber stand.

What size screw did ya use? I'm not sure how small it'd have to be to thread into the pearl

benbar21,

almost there

the honeybird combo is back in stock in case anyone is waiting:brow:, no carrying cases though
@WakeAndVape the nectar collector is back in stock, last I read that's what you were waiting for:wave:

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
the honeybird combo is back in stock in case anyone is waiting:brow:, no carrying cases though
@WakeAndVape the nectar collector is back in stock, last I read that's what you were waiting for:wave:
Sweet. I just got one off ebay for half the price and just need the part that connects to the IQ, the estimation I was given was over a month...so I spent my credit on some items I didn't really 'need' but wouldn't mind having extras of.

BUT the honeybird I got off the bay didn't have a box, but had a case and a ceramic and titanium tip...so the extent of this 'deal' remains to be seen.

iqtester

I've been following this thread for quite some time and read every post. I have had the IQ for a week now...

Before purchasing, I was torn between the IQ and the Firefly 2. I drove to my local store to purchase the firefly, but upon holding the IQ, there was no turning back. The IQ is too attractive and discreet to ignore. The only gripe I had was functionality. My goal was to own a vape that I could pick up, take a hit or two and put down. Everyone says this isn't what the IQ was made for and precisely the firefly's strength. After seeing these two vapes side by side, it wasn't even a question... I was buying the IQ and making to my needs.

That being said, the IQ works for this specific style of vaping. As soon as I opened my IQ, I packed a full tight bowl with a course grind. Tamped down with the pearl ball a couple times before I closed the bottom cover. This was a pretty tight pack because I was trying to fit what I grinder. I will say the loading was such a pleasure. It was fast, clean and easy to do. After packing here was my experience:

Session 1:
Smart path 1 for 2-3 small hits. I was head changed and where I wanted to be and powered the IQ down. After powering the IQ down, I continued to puff to take the remaining vape out of the oven and opped the bottom cover quick to release the air in the oven.

Session 2: Same as session 1

Session 3: Same as session 1

Session 4: Same as session one with the 3rd puff being a power boost to see what it could do.

Session 5: Smart path 2 with a friend. 3 hits a piece. Unit was powered on for about 3-4 mins.

There is still the original pack in the bowl and after feeling effects of my last session, I have no doubt there is still some juice in the pack. I will follow up and give a final report on the original pack.

I also ordered the spacer kit from Davinci, which no one has even mentioned yet! Check out the website and see what is available. Looks like a clear glass revolver chamber to a gun. This will make it easy to rest on a surface when packing and the kit has two sizes. I will also report on this. I also will mention that I don't have any reason to believe this vape wouldn't work with a small pack and no spacer.

So happy I didnt but the FF2, because it is just so clunky and ugly to look at. It also looks like you are hitting a bowl, whereas the IQ looks like you are smoking an ECIG.

Looking forward to using this devise for the next decade (another reason I chose over the FF2) and look forward to you micro dosers!

I will report back when I use the spacers from Davinci.

Peace!

almost there

I've been following this thread for quite some time and read every post. I have had the IQ for a week now...

Before purchasing, I was torn between the IQ and the Firefly 2. I drove to my local store to purchase the firefly, but upon holding the IQ, there was no turning back. The IQ is too attractive and discreet to ignore. The only gripe I had was functionality. My goal was to own a vape that I could pick up, take a hit or two and put down. Everyone says this isn't what the IQ was made for and precisely the firefly's strength. After seeing these two vapes side by side, it wasn't even a question... I was buying the IQ and making to my needs.

That being said, the IQ works for this specific style of vaping. As soon as I opened my IQ, I packed a full tight bowl with a course grind. Tamped down with the pearl ball a couple times before I closed the bottom cover. This was a pretty tight pack because I was trying to fit what I grinder. I will say the loading was such a pleasure. It was fast, clean and easy to do. After packing here was my experience:

Session 1:
Smart path 1 for 2-3 small hits. I was head changed and where I wanted to be and powered the IQ down. After powering the IQ down, I continued to puff to take the remaining vape out of the oven and opped the bottom cover quick to release the air in the oven.

Session 4: Same as session one with the 3rd puff being a power boost to see what it could do.

Session 5: Smart path 2 with a friend. 3 hits a piece. Unit was powered on for about 3-4 mins.

There is still the original pack in the bowl and after feeling effects of my last session, I have no doubt there is still some juice in the pack. I will follow up and give a final report on the original pack.

I also ordered the spacer kit from Davinci, which no one has even mentioned yet! Check out the website and see what is available. Looks like a clear glass revolver chamber to a gun. This will make it easy to rest on a surface when packing and the kit has two sizes. I will also report on this. I also will mention that I don't have any reason to believe this vape wouldn't work with a small pack and no spacer.

So happy I didnt but the FF2, because it is just so clunky and ugly to look at. It also looks like you are hitting a bowl, whereas the IQ looks like you are smoking an ECIG.

Looking forward to using this devise for the next decade (another reason I chose over the FF2) and look forward to you micro dosers!

Peace!
How u like the spacer? Thanks for the heads up, I checked the site not too long ago today and they didn't have that so it must have just been added. I just ordered a set also, someone said an extra pearl does the trick but I'm sure air flow is much improved using these instead since they have holes. Got my email confirmation for a new IQ coming my way, can't wait to see how the IQ is suppose to perform. Been rocking a semi-functioning unit for a month before I sent it in for repairs, to this day I have yet to experience what the IQ is all about. I look forward to being blown away, will make my report once I have it. :tup:

Nostalgia1

Thanks to @iqtester for the details on the the glass spacers, upon checking the website, it seems like they have a new carrying "soft case" and discontinued the other one. did anyone buy one yet? please take some pics if it with your IQ and what you carry so that I can see if it fits my needs, thanks!!

EDIT: https://gyazo.com/f6ffc24aab69246ce83b5b90e85c1bd7

I don't know why shipping costs so much for two small glass pieces, when I ordered my DaVinci IQ, something that is much bigger than the glass pieces only costed $6 priority shipping.

Randy Lahey

Session 1:

Peace!
I was in the same boat as you and I went the other way with a FF2. I think what you said about portability and discretion is right on. When Davinci works the bugs out, I still would like to get an IQ for session vapes and for portability. For now the FF2 is doing it for me and I love it. One thing Ive never really gotten into is concentrates and the taste is incredible. Glad to hear youre liking the IQ. They look like a lot of fun!

BigJr48

Thanks to @iqtester for the details on the the glass spacers, upon checking the website, it seems like they have a new carrying "soft case" and discontinued the other one. did anyone buy one yet? please take some pics if it with your IQ and what you carry so that I can see if it fits my needs, thanks!!

I don't know why shipping costs so much for two small glass pieces, when I ordered my DaVinci IQ, something that is much bigger than the glass pieces only costed $6 priority shipping.
I placed a order for a soft case and was sent the new version, immediately returned it, it's smaller then the original and feels cheap. Instead I ordered a extra 10mm MP and water adapter, I wish Davinci offered a glass MP.

BigJr48,

Glass004

Consumer Advocate

. About the DaVinci glass spacers, I think glass is a good heat sink. I like the two size approach to allow different load sizes. The ventilation holes are nice, although the pearl worked well without draw restriction. I'm gonna get a set (of glass spacers ). :-)

I placed a order for a soft case and was sent the new version, immediately returned it, it's smaller then the original and feels cheap
I recommend going outside the lines and find a carrying case for another item that serves the same purpose. I am repurposing my Ascent Packrat for my IQ. Plenty of room for batteries and gear. Good seals for stink control.

And speaking of stink..... My wife doesn't consume, it is important to keep odors in the abode at a minimum. She says the IQ has less stink than the Ascent, when walking into the room, she is less likely to be aware of me vaping.

Last edited:
Glass004,
Reactions: BigJr48

almost there

Does anyone know what the grinder size is that's sold on the Davinci site? I really want to just use up that credit I have but the shipping cost is so high. Getting the spacers but shipping is the same cost as the spacers :doh:. I could try to get in touch and see if they can include my order with my RMA but that's just asking for more headaches and mix ups

Nostalgia1

Does anyone know what the grinder size is that's sold on the Davinci site? I really want to just use up that credit I have but the shipping cost is so high. Getting the spacers but shipping is the same cost as the spacers :doh:. I could try to get in touch and see if they can include my order with my RMA but that's just asking for more headaches and mix ups
i agree the shipping is way too high for the spacer. I think its a medium, but don't quote me on that. I got the same grinder just not branded at a different site for the same price and a large version.

EDIT:

READ THIS
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/5smlrm/davinci_iq_psa/

Nostalgia1,

BigJr48

. About the DaVinci glass spacers, I think glass is a good heat sink. I like the two size approach to allow different load sizes. The ventilation holes are nice, although the pearl worked well without draw restriction. I'm gonna get a set (of glass spacers ). :-)

I recommend going outside the lines and find a carrying case for another item that serves the same purpose. I am repurposing my Ascent Packrat for my IQ. Plenty of room for batteries and gear. Good seals for stink control.

And speaking of stink..... My wife doesn't consume, it is important to keep odors in the abode at a minimum. She says the IQ has less stink than the Ascent, when walking into the room, she is less likely to be aware of me vaping.

@www.dimelife.com
Protective pouch 5"-12" w/smell proof bag, great for the IQ & Honey Nectar attachment.

Southern Chef

Anyone play with the spacers yet? I'm still awaiting my shipment, but am excited to get them. Maybe this should be obvious, but where should the spacers be placed? Should they go between the pearl and the load, or between the load and the bottom of the oven?
I don't think that there are any rules. Try both and see what works best for you and your style of vaping.
I plan to start with the spacer between the pearl and the load. Just my 2.

iqtester

My spacers are on the way and I will report when I receive them!

I ordered this case and it is absolutely perfect for the iq. There is a pouch for carrying your herbs, an open area for the iq to fit with either mouthpiece and an elastic band that is the perfect size for the davinci carry can. A spare battery migggght fit in this space because the carry can is very snug.

The case got mixed reviews but i took a chance and happy i did. The case contains smell very well so far and fits in my jeans pocket. Looks like I am carrying a large wallet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryot-Smells...580795?hash=item3f724ce1bb:g:S6gAAOSw-0xYY1W5

Peace!

*Update on my first IQ pack*

(Packed full and tight)

Session 1:

Stirred herb and noticed it is almost spent but still has some life left.

Session 6: 2 small hits and powered down immediately when finished. Did not draw excess vapor or open the case this time to cool the oven.

When I stirred, I noticed the bowl is almost spent but still has some more usage. I haven't gone above Smart Path 3 other than the one time I used boost mode for one hit. I will probably use Smart path 3 next session if the circumstances are right...don't want to over medicate and I will reiterate, I have a low tolerance and prefer to micro dose.

Peace!

Last edited by a moderator:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey Everyone!

We will be doing some live interviews on our Facebook page this afternoon between 2-4pm PST at the Champs Trade show. We will have several of industry influences such as reviewers of the IQ, mods here on FC, the makers of Santa Cruz Shredders and our Nectar Collectors will all be live and doing interviews and there will also be a questions segment where you can openly ask them question about their products or business.

@Davinci_vaporizer
Hey just wondering what happened to the honeybird combo on the website? I dont see it on anymore and i was really hoping to pick it up this week.

They were Temporarily out of stock we should have more in now!

Davinci mentioned awhile back, not sure what page, you can get a replacement o ring from a hardware store.. don't quote me, but I think he said it was 8mm?

Yes it is an 8mm o-ring available at most hardware stores.

So I ended buying an IQ and received it today.

First Impression:

It seems like a nice little unit. My first portable vape was a mflb which I got a long time ago and has been sitting unused for years now. (Not that it's a bad unit) The IQ is definitely a huge step up and I love being able to control the temperature. I also like the fact that I'll be able to use it with glass, but first I need a 14mm piece.

First use:

I typically take one bong rip from my vapexhale cloud before my gym sessions which leaves me medicated where I need to be. Obviously I had to try the IQ out today.
I first tried it on the lowest temp setting and didn't taste or see much vapor. I then turned it to the second heat path and took two more draws. This produced more flavor and visible vapor. After years of vaping I should have known that just because you don't see much doesn't mean it won't get you. So I ended up a tad bit higher then I wanted to be before the gym lol.
I'll try and leave more feedback as it gets more use. I'm pretty excited to have a portable unit that I can hide in the palm of my hand. It'll be perfect for hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding and anything else I get into.

Great recap and write up of your time with the IQ. Getting high before the gym is great lol one of my favorite things to go. Makes those munchies after the workout all the more guilt free.

Hey!

Sorry to reply to just an old post, but I'm wondering how the replacement post works?

The post and pearl fell off my IQ and I'm just waiting for Monday to be able to call in and get the replacement sent out. But I'm a bit confused as to how they can send a replacement post, since the post unit seems to really be a part of the top lid?

If you could let me know how/if you were able to install the new post it'd be great!

Thanks

Hey man! Got your DM's we'll get you taken care of!

I was loaned an IQ by a friend who has two. I was excited to try it as I personally believe that while I like my convection vapes very much, there is still a place for conduction and it often seems to get undeserved disrespect.

Well, this is what I found:

1. The oven is too big for me. I like to load .05 g and .1 g or so loads. This has been talked about many times so no need to rehash it but I do think DaVinci would do themselves a favor by fast tracking a spacer solution and making it a very high priority.

2. Unit feels GREAT to hand. Nicely build solid feeling.

3. It did get quite warm. Not too hot to hold, but warm enough to be annoying to me (we are all different in our sensitivity to heat so this is just my experience and you may find it different).

4. I like the hinges as far as function, but worry about their robustness and long term durability. There are three hinges (including battery compartment) and I, if I recollect correctly, the battery compartment has a spring loaded latch that I also am a bit suspicous of. But this is just worry as I had in fact no mechanical issues at all.

5. I have been a long time stalwart supporter of removable standard batteries and that's a real plus for the IQ in my book.

:post shortened to fit.

Cheers

Wow what an awesome friend that not only has 2 IQ's but let you borrow one to test it out. Great write up and recap. From what it sounds like you might have packed the oven too tight which is why your draw resistance and vapor production were probably not where you thought.

Session 1:

Peace!

Hey! welcome to the family! Glad to hear that you have enjoyed your IQ so far and that you are happy with your decision over that other vape. Also like other users have mentioned. First post and your already adding so much detail and valued information. Excited to see you join the community.

We carry the medium Santa Cruz Shredders in both the 2 and 4 piece models. They are about 2 1/2 inches in diameter for reference.

Anyone play with the spacers yet? I'm still awaiting my shipment, but am excited to get them. Maybe this should be obvious, but where should the spacers be placed? Should they go between the pearl and the load, or between the load and the bottom of the oven?

The best placement for the spacers is to load you herb in first then your spacer on top of that herb. So you are correct the spacer should sit between your herb and the pearl.

I believe I sent you a DM.

Got it! Sent you a reply!

*Update on my first IQ pack*

(Packed full and tight)

Session 1:

Stirred herb and noticed it is almost spent but still has some life left.

Session 6: 2 small hits and powered down immediately when finished. Did not draw excess vapor or open the case this time to cool the oven.

When I stirred, I noticed the bowl is almost spent but still has some more usage. I haven't gone above Smart Path 3 other than the one time I used boost mode for one hit. I will probably use Smart path 3 next session if the circumstances are right...don't want to over medicate and I will reiterate, I have a low tolerance and prefer to micro dose.

Peace!

Great review man! Can't wait to hear more!

Bruvapor

Hey @Davinci_vaporizer ! Firstly, thank you for staying active - I think that really helps to show that Da Vinci is committed to a quality customer service experience. Two questions...

1) I remember you had mentioned that the aromatherapy products were out of stock, but would be replaced soon? Is that still the case?

2) I'm curious why the recommended approach is to put the glass spacers between the load and the pearl? Logic would tell me it shouldn't matter all that much, and I'm thinking that the spacer towards the bottom would help reduce some of the more frustrating aspects of keeping a clean bowl in the IQ. Is it that the heating element starts near the bottom of the bowl and works it's way up?

Radiocitysuicide

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Vapelifestore.com is having a 20 percent off sale again and they have the IQ in stock. You can get it for 220 dollars.

Even though I don't need another session conduction vape it's still tempting cause this vape looks so sweet! But with all the problem it's been having I'm gonna pass for now. Thought I'd mention it for those interested though.

disGRUNTled

"Mystery" strain in the DaVinci IQ another nice night in FL so out by the pool watching the Knicks vs Clippers.
srHglRs.jpg

djuAIAU.jpg

Top Bottom