BigJr48

I purchase my Davinci IQ directly from Davinci's web store, along with a car charger and an extra battery. They threw in a free case, woohoo!!!! I paid for priority shipping, however it took over a week to arrive.

I use it for less than a week and it no longer charges through the device itself (as it should be capable of doing). Also I would put a fully charged battery (charged from a wall charger), and it would drain completely within 10 minutes. It would also get so hot before the battery died that I literally couldn't hold it in my hand.

I email Davinci, and get an automated response with a ticket number, and it says I should get a response within 48-72 business hours. 5 business days go by and nothing. I called and left a voicemail with their support line. No call back. I tried repeatedly to get ahold of CS, but no dice.
I messaged Davinci _vaporizer directly on here. I get a response. He asked for the ticket number, which i provided (from the automated email i received from Davinci). He said they had no record of it. I sent him the receipt, serial, and all that jazz, and requested a refund since I initially contacted Davinci support within the 14 return period and it was defective.

After a few days, he gave me an address to send the unit and all accessories back to (I had to pay $15 to ship this defective product back to them). I put this unit and all accessories back in the packaging EXACTLY as it arrived. I was extremely thorough and ensured I included EVERYTHING that came with the unit.

I get a notification that my refund arrived in my Paypal account a few days after shipping, but noticed the refund was $10-11 less than the purchase price. I emailed the guy back, and he said the reason I didn't get a full refund was because I didn't include the original battery, nor the extra battery I purchase in the return package. This is utterly false. I informed him about how meticulous I was in including absolutely everything in the package, including two batteries. He disputed this. I told him the person who unboxed the return package either took the batteries or misplaced them, because they were in there when I sealed the damn thing up.We go back and forth and I got so frustrated that I told him that this was the worst customer service experience I've ever had. Didn't get an email back.

I'm just so utterly disappointed with this whole experience, and would strongly advise anyone against purchasing this product. It's a gamble from many different angles.

Davinci, I wanted to love you. The IQ is one fucking slick vape, and the design is fucking gorgeous. When it worked for the short period that it did, I was infatuated with the thing. Now I have no IQ and I'm out $25. I feel Davinci owes me and everyone else compensation for this fiasco.

Cliff notes:
Got a defective IQ, had to pay $15 to ship it back, and did not get a full refund.
Why did you have to return the IQ with all the accessories & not the defective unit?

BigJr48,
Reactions: Glass004

THE_ROD

Why did you have to return the IQ with all the accessories & not the defective unit?
I'm not sure I understand your question. My IQ was defective. I wanted to return it for a full refund. I wanted to return the accessories(that I purchased at the same time) as well, as they would do me no good without an IQ to use them with...

THE_ROD,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

I'm not sure I understand your question. My IQ was defective. I wanted to return it for a full refund. I wanted to return the accessories(that I purchased at the same time) as well, as they would do me no good without an IQ to use them with...

I thought you was just exchanging the unit for a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
BigJr48,
Reactions: Glass004

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I agree with you. The pics of seams previously posted showed a straight seam. What you present is an irregular crack. At some point in time you should get that replaced.

Are you in the USA?

DaVinci will make this right. Don't fret. There is a layer of glass there that minimizes exposure to ceramic particles, (as if there are any ). Chat with CS on the DaVinci Vaporizers website during hours. Wait s few minutes to see if the are picking up. If not, they will respond with a ticket number on your email later. Them PM @Davinci_vaporizer here explaining your crack. Give him your ticket number and maybe he can expedite your RMA number generation. Use USPS "two day if it fits it ships " box. Reply to the RMA email with the Tracking number. Place RMA number on the shipping label, on the box, and on a note inside the box with your info. Clean the IQ and return with original battery installed. Keep your gear. If they replace the IQ, they will send a complete retail package. It will be nice to have extra gear. I don't know if my info is relevant if you are outside the US.

Be patient, be kind to yourself. DaVinci is ramping up CS. I do think they are an ethical company and most times I have seen resolutions of problems.

These pocket wonders are tech miracles by the last decade's standards. The IQ represents cutting edge stuff. I enjoy and benefit from the IQ even if there are growing pains with new engineering designs. I will have a working IQ for ten years and that makes me smile. But I look forward to the next model DaVinci puts out, I'll buy it too.

joerghustle

I agree with you. The pics of seams previously posted showed a straight seam. What you present is an irregular crack. At some point in time you should get that replaced.

Are you in the USA?

DaVinci will make this right. Don't fret. There is a layer of glass there that minimizes exposure to ceramic particles, (as if there are any ). Chat with CS on the DaVinci Vaporizers website during hours. Wait s few minutes to see if the are picking up. If not, they will respond with a ticket number on your email later. Them PM @Davinci_vaporizer here explaining your crack. Give him your ticket number and maybe he can expedite your RMA number generation. Use USPS "two day if it fits it ships " box. Reply to the RMA email with the Tracking number. Place RMA number on the shipping label, on the box, and on a note inside the box with your info. Clean the IQ and return with original battery installed. Keep your gear. If they replace the IQ, they will send a complete retail package. It will be nice to have extra gear. I don't know if my info is relevant if you are outside the US.

Be patient, be kind to yourself. DaVinci is ramping up CS. I do think they are an ethical company and most times I have seen resolutions of problems.

These pocket wonders are tech miracles by the last decade's standards. The IQ represents cutting edge stuff. I enjoy and benefit from the IQ even if there are growing pains with new engineering designs. I will have a working IQ for ten years and that makes me smile. But I look forward to the next model DaVinci puts out, I'll buy it too.
rma is no option cant deal again with customs and stuff

joerghustle,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@Davinci_vaporizer Still interested in this... Would appreciate, if you could comment on that to be sure what that is - and why it can be wore down that quickly...
Can we avoid that somehow?
Thank you! :)

Too bad... Why is this question being ignored?
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-davinci-iq.22792/page-60#post-1079342

@Davinci_vaporizer - I don't ask for an asap reply, but I'd appreciate your company's view on this. There's some kind of coating around the pearl/ post that seems to wear down already on @WakeAndVape s unit. I need to know stuff before buying it and am sure he'd like to know about that too..?

@all the rest: sorry to bother with this one. I am just looking for an answer. Hoping to get one eventually. Thanks! :peace:

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
If it were me, I would continue use until later when DaVinci hopes to get an EU repair station established. Just don't clean that surface and the resin seals it up.
Maybe @Davinci_vaporizer would pipe in on safety of cracks?

@Davinci_vaporizer - I don't ask for an asap reply, but I'd appreciate your company's view on this. There's some kind of coating around the pearl/ post that seems to wear down already on @WakeAndVape s unit. I need to know stuff before buying it and am sure he'd like to know about that too..?

@all the rest: sorry to bother with this one. I am just looking for an answer. Hoping to get one eventually. Thanks! :peace:
Please allow me to present my thoughts on this.

I haven't seen any other reports concerning this corrosion issue, which so far is unique to one unit?
I have seen chlorine abrasive cleaners corrode stainless steel.
I am curious about this IQ's history of cleaning agent use.
Unless there are widespread reports of this apparent corrosion, IMO this is not an issue that should cause concern to owners or buyers.
I would not recommend using any chlorine/bleach cleaning agents on the stainless steel surfaces.
I f#*king love the SS surfaces on the IQ. They are very functional and easy to clean with alcohol pads.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Strange problem; if I set it down during use it shuts off. Not that I'm smacking it down on the table, but if you don't set it down super slow and gentle it shuts off. As if the battery gets separated. Anyone else experience this?

Not normal. Sounds like the spring in your battery terminal has lost or had the wrong tension. Send me a Dm and lets an warranty claim started for you.

Our RMA process is different for international customers like yourself. Please either send me a DM or send in a support ticket to CS and we can still figure out a good repair/replacement option for you that will be easy.

I knew you would say something lol I went to bed last night thinking about this actually. Like Sh*t I forgot to reply to @vapen00b and I bet you he called me out on it. :doh: I saw your question. It was not ignored I just needed to check with our engineers on what the material is exactly. Our engineers are in China so it takes 24hrs between question and answer. Cut me some slack here man haha.

The metallic area of the lid and the herb funnel is a polished stainless steal which is electroplated for protection.

If it were me, I would continue use until later when DaVinci hopes to get an EU repair station established. Just don't clean that surface and the resin seals it up.
Maybe @Davinci_vaporizer would pipe in on safety of cracks?

Crack kills :rofl:. If there is a crack in your oven then you should definitely stop using the vape. The more you use it and the bowl heats and expanded and contracts the crack will grow and become worse. There is also insulation on the inside of the vaporizer that could find it's way into your bowl if the bowl cracks so much that it opens a hole.

Last edited:

disGRUNTled

Have not used this stealthy motherf*cker in a minute.So I had to show it some love Headband in the DaVinci awesome weather so poolside watching ESPN 30 for 30 XFL .
lq887Ni.jpg

Trulukkyphrank

about the silver coating around the loading area, I have a friend where it's also worn down the same as @WakeAndVape s unit..

What makes me curious it doesn't look like metal, it's more a silver foil finish and under this comes solid metal out.. correct me if I'm wrong :)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
about the silver coating around the loading area, I have a friend where it's also worn down the same as @WakeAndVape s unit..

What makes me curious it doesn't look like metal, it's more a silver foil finish and under this comes solid metal out.. correct me if I'm wrong :)
sounds about right, it definitely looks like a chrome finish, but i don't see it being stainless steel. No matter how much you polish it you cant revive the surface once the finish starts flaking off

Get-A-Fix

almost there

Hello!
mzansiliving shared an album with you.

View Album, http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mzansiliving/library/
Very attractive setup, if I didn't already own an IQ I'd be convince to go buy one with that expert merchandising:clap:. Having said that I really miss my IQ, it's my only portable unit so this last week I've been herb-free 12 hours a day till I get home:freak:. Well off I go now to mark another day off the calendar, I wish my IQ a speedy recovery and a quick return home:cry:

Ripstar

Definitely try and do a factory reset when you get a chance. If that doesn't help let me know.
I have tried a factory reset and nothing has worked. Somehow, the battery level indicator has been on for 3 days. I can't even turn it to the level setting anymore. Maybe I am doing the reset wrong? Hold all buttons down? Previously, I was at least able to actually use it by accessing the level indicator.

Ripstar,

almost there

I have tried a factory reset and nothing has worked. Somehow, the battery level indicator has been on for 3 days. I can't even turn it to the level setting anymore. Maybe I am doing the reset wrong? Hold all buttons down? Previously, I was at least able to actually use it by accessing the level indicator.
hold down all 3 buttons till it vibrates, did u wait for the vibration?

almost there

https://vaping.com/blog/comment/yes-apple-just-banned-vaping-but-no-apple-is-not-making-a-vape/
read this link from the FF2 tread, surprise no one here has mentioned it, any thoughts? I don't use the IQ app much but there was talk about interesting updates the davinci team was working on with the app, guess that may all be at a halt now. To think with all the progress the country is making with legalization and a modern company like Apple would move us back like that.

almost there,
Top Bottom