1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. MrNaturalAZ

MrNaturalAZ Tree hugging dirt worshipper

I'm really looking forward to this, but I dunno about the price. I may have to wait a while until it goes on sale. OTOH, it may not hurt to wait a bit for the early reviews and possibly first revision if the first batch ends up being buggy. But as a satisfied Ascent owner, I'm certainly intrigued.

2. Carl Hempel

Carl Hempel Well-Known Member

Yep, this one has piqued my interest. Cant wait to see some in use videos and hear early feedback.

Particularly intrigued by whatever is inside the "air path infuser" - but I'm guessing it's probably just some sort of spiral path for vapour cooling.

[​IMG]

KLo, BuzzDanklin and HD Springer like this.
  3. rrnarewatt1

rrnarewatt1 Member

Oh man, I just bought a firefly 2; which I love by the way. I have an ascent and love it too. I can't wait for this. I know I'll probably get it eventually. Anyone know if this will be able to do concentrates (wax, shatter,etc) and how? Looks like Davinci really stepped up.

4. jojo monkey

jojo monkey Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Click to play YouTube Video

5. Breathemetal

Breathemetal Well-Known Member

oh fuck yeah i dig this little guy
    id stick my lips on it

6. Kanyayweest

Kanyayweest Active Member

Really hope this isn't like the sidekick release... 7th floor is a great company but the sidekick definitely wasn't one of their best models.

This new IQ looks great and got the new upgrades like Bluetooth and all, but they're taking a step backwards with this conduction heating and ceramic bowl-even the ascent was glass lined ceramic. I was hoping for a hybrid like the mighty but maybe they are on to something with the new smart flow and mouthpiece. Hope to be one of those to preorder :)

vapen00b, Carl Hempel and KeroZen like this.
  7. Carl Hempel

Carl Hempel Well-Known Member

8. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

I really have almost no faith in DaVinci . I was an early adopter of the Ascent, buying two.

My stealth Ascent has been replaced and my carbon fiber Ascent needs to be replaced due to the fact that combusted last time I tried to use it.

I am even unsure whether to pay the postage and send the carbon fiber back for return.

It looks cool but I would never touch a DaVinci product until it has been in the field for a reasonable period, 3 or 6 months and has many satisfied customers who aren't replacing the unit every few months.

I know everyone likes to be the first on their block to have a new toy, but make sure what you are buying for almost $300.

9. KLo

KLo No Ember

Well said, @HD Springer .. well, said. Apps spell danger and distract from delivery, imo. The Jones are not going to save you from what ails you, not yet. Unless DaVinci plans on revolutionizing the game with the new unit. Could happen, but I'll remain skeptical until proven otherwise.

IQ looks fresh, novel, streamlined and solid as is their line of quality vapes, but could get bypassed if add'l tech hinders performance, note: FF2. I have the Ascent which works fine with very similar specs, save the battery upgrade (removable). Charge for IQ @ 2h ? @Davinci_vaporizer is there pass-through ??

Kudos, @Davinci_vaporizer, tho, for going back to Loose Leaf roots. Is the "special surprise" an oil sidecar? Free gift with purchase ??

Agreed, people want convection. I do exclusively. Yet, it's tricky business for mass consumption. Takes a lot more finesse than most are willing to master :ugh:

10. Nesta

Nesta Well-Known Member

@Fat Freddy - what are the three convection vapes coming out soon?

11. Jerel56

Jerel56 Member

Totally agree with this as I had the original and the ascent and both were disappointing. The original was OK for a bit then the market blew by it and the tiny, impossible to load bowl just didn't cut it anymore but I've used it for parts so not so bad. The ascent really got plenty of hype and it worked OK but the design was just too flawed...that ridiculous glass "screen" clogged every other draw and makes it practically useless without a real screen in the oven...not to mention how hard it is to clean the stem and the breakage factor. The IQ looks interesting but I'd need a lot of user verification before I'd plunk down for it.

vapen00b, sickmanfraud and KeroZen like this.
  12. BuzzDanklin

BuzzDanklin Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  13. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

Well, I lost my Ascent biking this summer...here we go!

The ascent battery life was outstanding imo, only matched by Mighty and Pax 2, so the IQ having removable batteries that last 3 hours sounds great. I'm guessing they dropped the pass through charging? I love that it has an app, but is not tied to it, thank you. It sounds like loading/reloading will be easier on this (big drawback of ascent), and hopefully there will be a partial load system that doesn't involve hot little glass spacers :0 The other drawback of ascent for me was the draw, it just didn't cut it, especially at lower temperatures, where I like to live. If this can kick it at lower temps, I'll be very happy. And it appears the IQ is only for dry herb, interesting. Makes me think they have another product coming out soon...

14. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

Ahhhh mr. Davinci...you had me at zirconia:drool: The cera is made from that shit. Plus my og dv and ascent still pump...after all these years:tup:

15. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy FUCK CANCER TOO !

Plus, @Nesta , we've seen the recent release of butane powered, convection vapes so the market certainly has become more competitive. Will we see downward pressure on prices as a consequence, or will we see the market simply continue to segment into niche products? Anybody's guess at this point, but I can tell you one thing, this FREAKIN' VAS IS KILLIN' ME!

[​IMG]

16. Vaporcussion

17. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

Posted a few posts back already:D Hey @Ratchett, looks like we might need a stink cap for this one,ala pax:tup:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    MoltenTiger and Carl Hempel like this.
  18. Davinci_vaporizer

Davinci_vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

No the Ascent will be keeping it's $199 price tag, even after this new model is released.

Smart Paths are settings that take the vape from a beginning temperature to an ending temperature over a period of time. The smart paths preset in the unit are as follows:
    1. 350-370F
    2. 370-390F
    3. 390-410F
    4. 410-430F
    The smart paths will start at the low temperature and after 5.5 minutes will be 20 degrees higher at the ending temperature. This means that the vaporizer will gradually heat up throughout the session by itself.
    The reason we chose 5.5 minutes is because this vape has a 10 minute auto shutoff. With 5.5 minutes into the session being the end of the preset path, if gives the user time to decide if they want to stay at that temperature or continue to go up into the next path, or switch in to precision mode and finish the session off at their favorite temperatures.

The temperatures and times are all customization in the app, you can chose your own starting and ending temperature and variations of time. For example, my favorite custom path is 350-385 over 7.5 minutes then 385-410 for over 2.5 minutes to end the ten minute session.

After the paths are customized and set with the app, the unit will save and remember this then can run your custom paths without the app. If you don't have or want the app, the stock smart paths can still be used.
    3.54" X 1.65" X 0.94" and it weighs 5 oz.
    The water pipe adapter is made out of the same material as the pearl, flavor chamber, and mouthpiece. It is polished black zirconium ceramic.
    This will be a loose leaf vaporizer only.
    This is the glass lined ceramic bowl. The Ascent was the first vaporizer to feature this and we are not planning on taking steps backwards, only forwards. This bowl technology is actually far superior than the Ascent due to increases in manufacturing techniques and material sciences we've been able to make changes that allow us to heat faster and use less power.
    This unit has pass through charging capabilities of 500mAh.
    YES! Zirconium is a great material. More durable yet just as pure of a flavor as glass, super easy to clean and the possibility of the parts are a lot more flexible.

19. Vaporcussion

(This unit has pass through charging capabilities of 500mAh.)

Forgive me, what does that mean exactly? Can it run without the batteries inserted?

20. Bad Ocelot

Bad Ocelot Well-Known Member

This looks really cool. I'm a big fan of the Ascent. While it isn't for cloud chasers, the flavor is pretty much unparalleled, like the first couple hits off a Crafty, except for most of the load. The glass screen was a little difficult to clean, but if you get an extra one & do an ISO soak it's pretty easy to always have one clean, though they are easy to break. The heating chamber in the IQ definitely looks like it'll be easier to deal with. Definitely gonna follow this one, but not feeling the need to replace my ascent just yet.

nigel and ShayWhiteGrow like this.
  21. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

That all sounds fantastic, and those imgur photos above make things much clearer as well. This really does seem poised to be the best session conduction portable ever, very impressed how many great features and materials you packed in to such a small package. I have a feeling this is going to set the bar for these type of vapes :clap: well done

22. TboneToker

TboneToker Medical Enthusiast

Side topic,

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A DA VINCI DESKTOP VAPORIZER! Convection or whatever they want.. they make great portables I'd like to see them make a desktop unit since that's all I use.

23. Jerel56

Jerel56 Member

Will it turn back on immediately after the 10min auto shut-off and will it shut off automatically even mid draw?

24. Davinci_vaporizer

Davinci_vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

The unit must have a battery in it to work. It charges the battery via USB at 500mAh while in use.

Yes, the unit will come back on after the ten minute auto shut off.

ShayWhiteGrow likes this.
  25. lookhigh

lookhigh FC member

Looks nice for sure. I do not get the appeal of connecting to my phone? Why would i want to get my phone involved in a vaping session? Even worse having to hold another electronic device to use the one you are trying to use.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors