nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I think a $259 price tag would bring more folks interested in this unit into the fold.

Well.... the pre-sale looks like it includes a store credit of 51$ for other accessories, so that kinda makes the price 223.99.

[EDIT: I suspect] there are more accessories on the way (other than what are listed now), so it might be worth it to hold onto that credit for a bit....

Last edited:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
And what is its total capacity in grams? You posted 1500ml. Did you mean 1500 microliters

Yes we did mean microliters when describing the bowl. We've found that it fits about .7-1.2g depending on the grind.

I'm sure this has been addressed (still catching up as I reply), but the unit is designed to work as a stand-alone device.

Now, some of the customization of the setting you might not be able to tweak, but you can always download the app, customize, then just trash the app. (Use it only once)

The device is fully functional without the app. The following features are all available to be adjusted on the device using the buttons; Select between SMART PATHS™, Toggle and set precision temp, activate boost, adjust display brightness, check battery, and reset the vaporizer to factory settings.

'm curious if Davinci would be giving a buy back if you have an Ascent and wanted to use that towards a Davinci IQ.

All Ascent and Original DaVinci vaporizer owners will qualify for a $51 DaVinci store credit for purchases on future vapes and accessories.

Jerel56

Does the top come off the flavor chamber and can it be used with it removed? Seems to be a removable air path which would be great for cleaning.

Also, what's with that black ball on the bottom cover?

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Does the top come off the flavor chamber and can it be used with it removed? Seems to be a removable air path which would be great for cleaning.

Also, what's with that black ball on the bottom cover?

The flavor chamber does work as a removable air path for extremely easy cleaning. Just remove the flavor chamber and soak in alcohol. Yes the top of the flavor chamber does come off. You remove the lid to the flavor chamber load in the material you would like to flavor your vapor with then replace and put it back into the vaporizer.

Now for the black ball. The black ball that you see is what we are calling the pearl. The pearl which is make of the same Zirconium ceramic as the flavor chamber and the mouthpiece helps keep your herb packed tightly into your oven. Because it is made of ceramic and rests inside the heat oven the pearl also conducts heat as your oven heats up providing additional heat from the bottom making sure your herb receives heat from all sides. Lastly this lovely little pearl is also adjustable to act as a spacer to reduce the size of your bowl so you would need to use less material. Just simply turn the pearl on its base to extend.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Now for the black ball. The black ball that you see is what we are calling the pearl. The pearl which is make of the same Zirconium ceramic as the flavor chamber and the mouthpiece helps keep your herb packed tightly into your oven. Because it is made of ceramic and rests inside the heat oven the pearl also conducts heat as your oven heats up providing additional heat from the bottom making sure your herb receives heat from all sides. Lastly this lovely little pearl is also adjustable to act as a spacer to reduce the size of your bowl so you would need to use less material.

The Pearl is a very welcome update, both for thermal management and for volume/product management. This will do a lot to mitigate drops by room temp air and should help to keep temps consistent.

As some of us can contest (@OF... I'm looking at you...) getting a good thermal retention surface in the payload can contribute a lot to the experience. Although surface area isn't as complex in a sphere vs flowers (better distribution, but high dissipation), I think the mass will more than make up for that.

Last edited:

Jerel56

The flavor chamber does work as a removable air path for extremely easy cleaning. Just remove the flavor chamber and soak in alcohol. Yes the top of the flavor chamber does come off. You remove the lid to the flavor chamber load in the material you would like to flavor your vapor with then replace and put it back into the vaporizer.

Now for the black ball. The black ball that you see is what we are calling the pearl. The pearl which is make of the same Zirconium ceramic as the flavor chamber and the mouthpiece helps keep your herb packed tightly into your oven. Because it is made of ceramic and rests inside the heat oven the pearl also conducts heat as your oven heats up providing additional heat from the bottom making sure your herb receives heat from all sides. Lastly this lovely little pearl is also adjustable to act as a spacer to reduce the size of your bowl so you would need to use less material. Just simply turn the pearl on its base to extend.

Thanks for the reply....looking forward to receiving it and getting some hands on!

Jerel56,

stinkytofus

Yes we did mean microliters when describing the bowl. We've found that it fits about .7-1.2g depending on the grind.

The device is fully functional without the app. The following features are all available to be adjusted on the device using the buttons; Select between SMART PATHS™, Toggle and set precision temp, activate boost, adjust display brightness, check battery, and reset the vaporizer to factory settings.

All Ascent and Original DaVinci vaporizer owners will qualify for a $51 DaVinci store credit for purchases on future vapes and accessories.
How much is the preorder price

How much will it retail ?

Can this work with small loads like 0.05-0.10?

are the batteries user replaceable ?

Thanka

stinkytofus,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
And with that, plus the 0.7-1.2g capacity, you have sold another IQ. :)

Glad to hear man! You're gonna love it!!!

How much is the preorder price

How much will it retail ?

Can this work with small loads like 0.05-0.10?

are the batteries user replaceable ?

Pre-order price is the same as the retail $274.99. The pearl helps to reduce the size of the bowl when adjusted to use less material but 0.10 might be pushing it. You would have much better vapor production with at least .2 or .25. Lastly the batteries are user replaceable. To replace the battery you would open the Top cap exposing the flavor chamber on one side and the battery door on the other. Simply open the door and swap out the battery.

TRU3 L3GEND

DV cant wait for the IQ! I sent you a PM last week concerning my Ascent. The glue my repaired device has been my arch nemesis lately. The base of the top half by the stem is just barely hanging on there. I want to tack it up with some JB weld just to get me through the month, but don't want to void anything. Glad it looks like the IQ shouldn't have any issues with that pesky glue!

virtualpurple

@Davinci_vaporizer how do the owners of the ascent qualify for that voucher? I don't see any way to set it up on the website and would like to use that at the time of placing my preorder.

virtualpurple,

Justpassedu

Touching on the flavor chamber , is this something you would load herbs into such as lavender or something of that sort so when inhaling you get the taste of it with your flowers that are loaded ? And if I am correct in my thinking , does the material loaded in the flavor chamber get heated ? How would you extract flavor from it? What if I put more flowers in the flavor chamber ? Also say you put lavender in that flavor chamber , would you need to reload it after each session as you do with your flowers ? I could be wrong in my thinking of what the flavor chamber is , figured it can't hurt asking . Davinci iq is looking like a nice option instead of the pax even though I have a pax2 I enjoy , I wish it was a bit smaller but I'm liking it so far . User replaceable batteries are always a big plus . When does this release and will other color options such as carbon fiber be available ? @Davinci_vaporizer - Ty

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
The og davinci has an above chamber similar. The hot weed air passes through an upper chamber which can contain any material. More weed for me. It heats up too but more convective effects.

Custom Flower Hardware,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Really interested in this one but comes out to close $400 CAD after currency exchange.

All I want to know is how is the vapor quality? Is it hot and harsh. I do t want to spend all this cash just to get another pax. I need at least semi smooth vapor for my lungs.

Looking to buy myself a new toy before I have to go back into treatment and still looking for a small portable with good vapor quality. This could be the one.

KLo

No Ember
Really interested in this one but comes out to close $400 CAD after currency exchange.

All I want to know is how is the vapor quality? Is it hot and harsh. I do t want to spend all this cash just to get another pax. I need at least semi smooth vapor for my lungs.

Looking to buy myself a new toy before I have to go back into treatment and still looking for a small portable with good vapor quality. This could be the one.

Hot and harsh is not the ticket for me. Hate that effect with conduction after years of combusting; vape climate is everything.

The Ascent was novel for the time, but that dry flow knocked me down with the glass straws. WonG helped, but didn't resolve. If someone can testify to cool vapor that might be a strong selling point. Everything else looks promising...novel

KLo,

Mr. Me2

Since the vape critic just posted a review on his site, you may want to email him to ask for his recommendation, and how this one compares (re: cool vapor).

@whatitdew, I see you have a Mighty listed and in your collection. I'm not sure you'll find a vape with cooler vapor than that one. Are you just looking for something smaller (and a new toy)?

Top Bottom