1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

Correction with the big spacers ive used 0.07 !!

BigJr48 likes this.
  2. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Member

Will the bud from the flavour chamber with reclaim on it mess up the oven?
    I make little torpedoes and dropped in the chamber a week ago.
    Should I just drop the torps in the oven?
    Grind em first?
    And also is the weed in rhe flavour chamber
    Decarboxylated?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  3. Sheparud

Sheparud New Member

I've experienced the same problem, and contacted DaVinci for support.

According to Mike @ CS, it's an issue with the glue holding the o-ring coming loose, which is located at the bottom of the compartment where the flavour chamber sits. So if you've been messing around down there, you might've done something to cause it to come loose. This then causes the o-ring to rise when heated.

But not to worry! A quick RMA and they'll replace the faulty gasket for you!

And props to Mike at CS, he's my thursday hero.

4. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Man, I have not posted in this thread in months. Re-arranged my vape & stash drawer and there it was just staring at me. Have some GSC to break the IQ back in watching Masterminds on Youtube.While I wait for the Rangers game to start.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

Thnx didn't know that Masterminds was on Youtube! Love that show.

disGRUNTled likes this.
  6. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Yeah it blows my mind when I am high AF ............

Tiny88 and BigJr48 like this.
  7. Jospapaia

Jospapaia Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I'm so excited I'm going to get my IQ next week and I want to make something clear for me before first using it.
    I've ordered the glass spacers because ~.3g is way to much for me so most of the time when using it on my own, I'll use the large spacer.

My question is how to combine between the spacer to the smart path feature (which really excites me) and the main thing I'm wondering about is the session length - should I shorten the session time because there is less material than planned or should I stick with the 10 minutes session?

Also - if people with experience with the IQ and the spacers can share their smart paths they are using it will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

8. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Glad u can join us, welcome. I use the large spacer mostly and I don't do the fine grind. Mostly it last about 8-10mins but I usually end it when it starts getting wispy. I'm a low-mid temp guy so my custom path is 350-390, works great for walks.

9. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Member

I get about 4-6 good hits with the large spacer. Fine to medium grind.
    I mainly just use 185c temp on precision mode. That way you can just sip as you Please.
    Sometimes you want a quick bowl and others a sip and enjoy.
    Otherwise my smart path 2 is 180-195c cover 6 minutes
    And that is usually good

BigJr48 and Jospapaia like this.
  10. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

11. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm, none of my canisters open at the top and 2 of them are right from DAvinci, think there is a mixup somewhere.

12. MAbud

MAbud Member

Mine was purchased directly from DaVinci but my sticker looks like the fake, not the real. So I’m not sure of the accuracy of the blog post

BigJr48 likes this.
  13. MikeG7265

MikeG7265 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not sure about the video. He says they advertise that it has Bluetooth. I went to check it out and it says right in the description that it is a clone and that is does not have the Bluetooth function. Seems more of a scare tactic than informative. My canister also opens from the bottom, but it does have the grommet.

BigJr48 and almost there like this.
  14. MAbud

MAbud Member

My appreciation of the IQ is definitely growing. Replacing the battery has the unit running noticeably cooler and more consistent. I swapped the standard mouthpiece for the extended and prefer the vapor on it.

My one issue is I still feel like the draw resistance is super high. I liken the extended mouthpiece like trying to draw a milkshake that’s too thick for the straw. I’ve gone to a very slow and light draw to compensate but something about it doesn’t give me quite the satisfaction of other Vapes I have.

BigJr48 likes this.
  15. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

Breaking up is hard to do
    Click to play YouTube Video
    DaVinci have reached out quickly to resolve this matter

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    MikeG7265 and BigJr48 like this.
  16. Paka-cholo

Paka-cholo Flaccid Member

Glad they resolved the matter for you @Dazza78.

@MAbud if you’re using the 10mil straw and the draw is still really tight your grind may be too fine or you make be packing too tight. Have you tried a coarser grind or packing less?

BigJr48 and almost there like this.
  17. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

No issues with the draw my friend it was the magnets I love the performance of the iQ

BigJr48 likes this.
  18. Paka-cholo

Paka-cholo Flaccid Member

@Dazza78 how much did they charge you to ship it to the US? How much was the shipping to Spain? If you don't mind me asking sir :):peace:

19. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

Of course I keep everything (it really annoys my wife lol) I’ll dig out the receipts and pm you after the school run

20. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Can you post a link to your YouTube channel?

21. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

BigJr48 likes this.
  22. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

23. MikeG7265

MikeG7265 Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous. I worked in customer service for over 30 years and that is terrible CS. You're correct, then can do whatever they want, they just didn't want to. I understand they have rules, all places do and all places have someone that can put those rules aside to satisfy the customer. I'm glad you made this video. I'm starting to have issues with my IQ, and I'm dreading the run around I feel like I'm going to get. It's a shame that you had to call them out for them to make it right. SMDH

And to think I was getting ready to purchase a second IQ myself. I guess I'll wait and spend my money with a company with better CS. :disgust:

Paka-cholo and BigJr48 like this.
  24. MAbud

MAbud Member

possibly. But I seem to be getting a pretty high amount of draw resistance even with the chamber completely empty

BigJr48 likes this.
  25. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

I agree and I’ll do another video at conclusion but for now it’s being dealt with. But I have said they had gotten much better in the last 6 or so months but then this, so are they improved or was it just a ruse? Was I just unlucky to interact with that individual? We will have to see but what worries me for DaVinci is this, that was fricking customer service lol not even in a forum where we sort of know each other! that’s really bad. Any way let’s see and I have to say this before I go it was the DaVinci rep from this site that jumped on it

Paka-cholo, BigJr48 and MikeG7265 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors