1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Ratchett

Ratchett Vape Accessories Delta3DStudios.com Accessory Maker

Greetings all!

I've had more than a handful of requests for me to whip up something to help handle the excessive heat buildup on the body of the iQ vape during an extended session. Finally I managed to snag a Davinci iQ to take proper measurements and test-fit my prototypes.

After a bunch of testing, I've come up with this iQ Heatshield Sleeve - I've added channels to the interior to allow proper airflow around the vaporizer while still maintaining a secure grip on the vaporizer thanks to the rubberize elastomer material. I also added some buttons to the sleeve so you can still use the vaporizer without ever removing the sleeve.

[​IMG]

What do you think? (I promise, I'm working on adding more colors to the list over the next week or two!)

2. MAbud

MAbud Member

looks great and should be very effective/useful

Ratchett and BigJr48 like this.
  3. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Member

I sent mine back after a month for the crafty
    No regrets at all. The Crafty is miles better imo despite the lack of changeable batteries.
    The vape production is unreal.

BigJr48 likes this.
  4. SirCrackKillaH

SirCrackKillaH Member

I bought this in between storz servicings. Better than a Pax without a doubt. I'm seeing some sick battery life with the Crafty, dudes were posting up 100+ hours easy now. I was only getting 50-65 tops. I replaced it three times, swapped it for a Mighty, now I'm on #3 Mighty. Davinci is a good back up vape. Definitely a good one.. especially with those glass spacers yo. Here's the thing though.. if I only had $300-350, I'd go Crafty without a doubt over an IQ. I'd go MV1 over all but then as a backup I would consider an IQ to be superior over a Crafty. It's those swappable batteries. It's a metal reliable brick with a 10 year warranty. My magnet fell off but I can still use my finger to hold it down. When I flip it upside down, if I'm not paying attention... whole assembly comes out, mouthpiece, gasket, everything man. It's whatever.. tastes good though. I put too much marshmallow flavoring inside the flavor chamber on a piece of cotton. Cotton got stuck. Top and bottom inside stuck. Took awhile to get it out. Every bowl pack since has tasted like marshmallow. Hells yeah.

BigJr48 and Pimpslapper like this.
  5. Modicum

Modicum Well-Known Member

Nice work Ratchett , now how about end caps to help hide the stench ?

Ratchett likes this.
  6. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Member

I am a solo smoker mostly and the loading of the iq is such a pain compared to the capsules on the crafty.
    The always on blue tooth is a bitch too on the iq. Imo the crafty a much better deal unless you vape 5 bowls a day.
    The crafty reeks much more in idle than the iq
    The crafty app is also flawless on android
    Not so much on iq

BigJr48 likes this.
  7. metaknight

metaknight Well-Known Member

@Ratchett The case looks very functional and a great addition for anyone wanting protection from heat and drops. Nice one! :tup:

Ratchett and BigJr48 like this.
  8. busa76

busa76 Well-Known Member

I got mymiqna few days ago and so far, I really like it. The draw resistance is on par with my crafty imo. I love the water bubbler attachment that I got with it. It's a solid device

Davinci_vaporizer and metaknight like this.
  9. wisausnk

wisausnk New Member

I got my IQ a few days ago and at first i was not sure what to think of it. The first load was more miss than hit. You really have to take time figure the load out. But man once you got it the IQ is a blast. Even with some Weed you dont get that mutch of vaper as with others the effect is allways spot on. Its Protable it has 10 years waranty and a replacable battery thats all i asked for. The only thing i dont like is you really have to pack it full to get the best effect. And it makes me baked as f... I hope my spacers will be here soon i ordred some honeycomb ceramic spacer becouse the original glass spacers were not aviable here in germany.

10. pudink

pudink Member

Hi everyone, i am on the verge of buying a davinci iq, but the problems with the heat and the customer service not being able to respond hastily really made me hold back.

I thought about getting the new olive color as i thought it would be a revised edition because it was released later on.

Some people here mentioned earlier that there could be some 2nd revised batch of IQs but no one knows how to check it and make sure its a revised edition.

You might think there is a 10 year warranty, but that is not a really good option for me because everytime i send it i have to pay shipping charges overseas, and they are not really reasonable in my country.

Do you think the olive color users are less prone to encountering problems with their device?
    Or are they as likely to have problems as black color users?

I personally prefer black for stealth reasons but havent seen the led lights on green colour are they creating a good contrast on the device, are the lights readable(legible) on olive color?

11. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

Hey guys check out the new limited edition iQ there are Improvments
    Click to play YouTube Video

pudink, Sheparud and Tiny88 like this.
  12. pudink

pudink Member

That what i was looking for thanks.

Now all i need is someone who can use my link and reward me 25 dollars .

Does anyone have any idea about that? If only the usd currency were not 4 times my local currency. This is really making it hard for me to purchase this one

Dazza78 and BigJr48 like this.
  13. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

It's the same unit, different color.

14. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

It’s not exactly the same unit this model has Improvments over the last two units I bought, though they were bought one in 2016 and one earlier this year.

15. BigJr48

What has improved?

16. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

The improvements are that I noticed so far are... hey I know watch my video and subscribe all will be made clear lol

17. BigJr48

I first subscribed to watch the video about CS issues, did they make up for it with the "Limited Edition"???

18. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

They did send me out a new iQ but more so then just fixing replacing unit they kept in the loop and explained what should of happened what went wrong then came back to me sometime later to show how they had dealt with it going forward, I was very impressed esp with the representative on this forum, great ambassador for DaVinci.

19. pudink

pudink Member

Man i wish that ambassador of davinci contacted me and gave me free shipping +25 dollars off, that would be early black Friday for me

BigJr48 likes this.
  20. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

Strange to see DaVinci talking using the words "charred' and "burnt" in their promo emails...... other vapes do that!

"Hopefully at this point you have learned about one of the best things about vaporizers which is - you can reuse your vaped material! That’s right, when you vaporize cannabis, the already been vaped material (ABV) still possesses healing benefits, as long as you haven’t charred it all to burnt toast status!"

BigJr48 likes this.
  21. Davinci_vaporizer

Davinci_vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

@Vaporcussion, I thought the same thing initially. I think it was meant in a more generalized form, not specifically if you were using a DaVinci product. We're trying to incorporate more informative content that may not just apply to using our vapes.

Tiny88 and BigJr48 like this.
  22. BigJr48

@Davinci_vaporizer; hey the new color looks nice for the holidays are there any new improvements done?

Tiny88 and Paka-cholo like this.
  23. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Drinking a Cafecito de Cuba from Atlantic Beach Brewing Co. watching the Action Bronson Show.Still vaping this pineapple which has been phenomenal . Had not used the IQ in a while but when I break it out it performs very well. I am usually a low temp Vaper 345-365 .But at 385 with this piece it is very very smooth.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 6:42 PM
  24. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Are you talking ahout a pen style/inline bubbler? If so can you post more info on it? Or a link to where you got it?

25. MAbud

MAbud Member

So you guys remove battery when not in use? Or just leave in?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors