1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. MikeG7265

MikeG7265 Well-Known Member

One of my biggest disappointments is the colors. I ordered the copper because it looked more like a skin tone that would be great for stealth. But the damn thing looks NOTHING like the pictures. I'm really unsatisfied with this. They need to hire someone that can take a picture. I'd like to have a black, since you get black, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't exchange it. If the copper gets hit by sunlight it shines and stands out like a sore thumb. :cry:

BigJr48 likes this.
  2. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

I really like the black both of mine are black I like a few different colours though. have you thought about trying to trade? They maybe some one out there that wants a copper. What do you think of the new green?

Hey have you tried a deep clean and burn off cycle, after the clean if you still are getting vapour with an empty chamber you may have a blockage poke your holes and make sure they are clear and try and get right behind that oven, the only times I’ve had issues with the draw in
    1.over packed chamber packed too tightly.
    2.product in flavour chamber
    3.clogged/ dirty
    You should be able to sip vapour from it

MikeG7265 likes this.
  3. MikeG7265

Yeah I really like the green, but I just have to wonder, is it like the rest and a totally different color in person. Never thought of trading. Thanks for the idea

4. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

They even have a classifieds thread on here worth a shot

MikeG7265 likes this.
  5. busa76

busa76 Well-Known Member

Ok, I've been reading on the is, and am getting differing answers. How hard is the draw resistance on this vape, some people say it's terrible, some say it's great. I love my crafty, the draw is ok. My cfv is almost un-usable, the draw is so hard

6. exime

exime Well-Known Member

That's because it is an inconsistent and imperfect device. Every pack is different. The bowl is inside of the device and large so it's always a guessing game. I put a wire screen in mine and that makes it a lot easier and draw resistance a lot more consistent.

With a perfect pack the draw resistance is very good but with a poor pack it's totally unusable.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    BigJr48 likes this.
  7. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

Hey I’ve stated the only reasons I’ve had draw resistance with this vape I actually find it a very forgiving unit when it comes to pecking pls watch this see if it helps and feel free to subscribe
    Click to play YouTube Video

MikeG7265 likes this.
  8. jay87

jay87 Well-Known Member

It actually varies depending on how tightly you pack it.

On the loose end the draw is quite light there is some restriction but it's not much.

I get a perfect pack every time by using my vapcap to lightly tamp the load just a bit :brow:

The IQ + Vapcap is an awesome a low profile travel combo!

Paka-cholo and almost there like this.
  9. MikeG7265

Thanks for this video! I've only had my IQ for around a week and I'm still trying to figure out the best pack. I don't seem to get the vapor production that you were getting, but at least I know it's possible. I've been mostly using mine through either the Honeybird or a glass bubbler. Its been a champ when using with water, definitely no complaints there. Thanks again, now to play around a little and see how she performs.

BigJr48 likes this.
  10. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

Click to play YouTube Video

Good for you DaVinci

Davinci_vaporizer and BigJr48 like this.
  11. Jospapaia

Jospapaia Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm few minutes after my very first session with my new IQ.
    First, this is a very cool thing to hold. It is beautiful and elegant.

I did the session outdoors and it was a bit cold so it was hard for me to notice the vapors so I'll have another session at home later today and hopefully be happy with the outcome.

The only thing that bugs me is that the mouthpiece (both of them) seems a bit loose so it will just fall when I'm opening the lid. Is this a known issue or is it something I'm doing? It doesn't seems to affect the usage but it's a bit irritating.

Drawing wise it was a bit hard, maybe I over packed it but I guess this is the main thing to learn about the IQ so a bit trial and errors ahead of me.

I absolutely feel the effect of the herb and it looks like I used really small amount of material (using the large spacer) so I'm pretty happy about this.

Any advice regarding the mouth piece and the draw resistence will be much appreciated.

Looking forward to the next session :)

BigJr48 likes this.
  12. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

Some gaskets are thicker then others even to look at you can see the difference, also don’t use iso on it, contact DaVinci cs, they may well sort you out if you have those thin gaskets

13. Jospapaia

Thanks. Opened a ticket and hopefully will get a response soon. @Davinci_vaporizer - if it's possible to get your input as well it will be great.

14. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

Give the DaVinci rep here a chance they were awesome with me, if I take both sets of gaskets and hold them up to the light your i the difference right away I also had the same issue lol

15. Jospapaia

Since I have this issue with both gaskets, I have no way to compare it.

Other than this, I had a second session with some tips I got here regarding the packing and the draw resistance improved dramatically. Nice clouds were coming out in the first 6-7 draws using the big spacer and smart path 2. I like the IQ and hopefully the mouthpiece issue will be solved soon without extra expenses :)

16. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

I customised my smart paths, the iQ tastes great at higher temps 380/395 is my fav

17. MAbud

MAbud Member

How many sessions do you guys typically get from a battery charge? I went from full to drained in probably 5-6 uses. Seems short to me but don’t know if the battery drain at all while the unit is off and idle

BigJr48 likes this.
  18. Paka-cholo

Paka-cholo Flaccid Member

4-5 10 minute sessions depending on what battery I use. My temp is 365f for the first half then max temp the second half.

BigJr48 and MAbud like this.
  19. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

I do 10 mins at 380 and then 5/10 at 430 to finish off and I get around 5/6 sessions with the included 18650 my fogstar cell’s are a little better but I always have charged batteries

Paka-cholo likes this.
  20. Jospapaia

Just got a message from @Davinci_vaporizer saying two new gaskets will be delivered to me later this week.

This is awesome.

As for the IQ, I'm starting to get the hang of it and so far I like what I get (took me 4 minutes to write the last sentence so we're on the right track).

Customized myself 2 smart paths:
    175-195 in 8 minutes
    185-205 in 8 minutes

Got rid of the app since it crashed on my android 4 times while doing this.

I'm filling it half way without packing and then using the big spacer to pack it a bit. My other vape is the vapman which is really efficient ~.05 and I used just a little more than that (actually filled the vapman bowl and used it to fill the IQ).
    Taste is really nice and I'm getting nice clouds (not too dense but not wispy at all). I do get to cough but I'll get used to it (the vapman is not a cloud machine).

That's it for my first days with the IQ. Hope it will continue this way :)

21. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

I love my IQ, IMHO it is the smoothest conduction vape by far. I had a Pax 1, and when it came time to upgrade... I decided on the IQ. Comparing the vapor quality of the Pax 2 and the IQ, the IQ beat it hands down.

Paka-cholo likes this.
  22. Dazza78

Dazza78 Active Member

You see what I was saying about the cs not dropping and also the iQ is my favourite vape to put through a bubbler or glass piece, please check out my YouTube to see the videos and glad to help out

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  23. MikeG7265

Hmmmmm

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Hubs88 likes this.
  24. MAbud

MAbud Member

I think I’ve been slightly over packing the IQ abd then the larger spacer has really pack things down. I went with a super light pack and the draw resistance was much improved.

25. kiddvudu2

kiddvudu2 Member

Hey there FC. Been a while since I posted. Not looking forward to this post, but feel it's info other DaVinci owners should know.

I've owned my IQ since January 2017 and it worked flawlessly up until the beginning of October when the power and up/down buttons became sticky and made the device act quirky as a result. I sent it in to Davinci for repair and when I received it back (about 3 weeks) I found the pearl post snapped off and the pearl missing. I re-contacted Davinci support via the RMA email we had been using to communicate regarding the return to explain my dismay at what would probably be more time without my IQ. I was hoping they would some how make the effort to go the extra mile to take care of me but was disappointed that the only extra step they would take was to put it on the top of the RMA pile when it arrives back to their shop.

I didn't break the post or lose the pearl, yet I will have to pay to ship it back for a second time and the worse part is I will be without it for most likely another 3 weeks. It's just another kick in the stones that I had just replaced that pearl post with a brand new one that they had sent me a week prior to sending it in for the original RMA.

I hoped (but wasn't holding my breath) that they might send me a new unit in exchange for my old one just to save time, but no such luck. I figured they might toss in some extra swag or something to show an effort to keep a customer happy - I've always been very supportive of the support crew at Davinci while posting here on FC and this is my first post that isn't singing their praises. Bummed out. Still love the vape, but very frustrated with this particular situation.

Sincerely,
    JJB

BigJr48 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors