The Cork Corner

ander

How are the stems aging @ander ?
Hi. I must say the XL corky is still my favorite stem. Don't know if it's the stem or simply the XL factor, I can't compare with other XL stems. For the first 6 months I used a Ti tip without O-rings. Lately the junction was becoming a bit slack (2018 Ti tips have a really sharp end, and removing it for cleaning does some damage), so I put back the O-rings on and now the thing is very solid again. Why not from the start? The stem was too tight, since the upper diameter is about 6mm. If larger, the stem tends to reject the O-ringed tip after a bit. So, it looks like the nude tip has graven the stem, and now the O-rings fit perfect.
Questionable reliability apart, I have, anyway, renounced (for the moment? don't really know...) to propose it to the FC friends because I really have zero spare time from my work now, except for sleep and eat. It looks like we have also lost our tester... he had a prototype but never had news from him... missing also here in FC for what I see. A good fella, and I really, really hope he is well.

el sargantano

Are you still using the same rustic lathe?
I do, for turning oak wood stems for my 'Lil Bud.
It is a PITA to work with hardwoods in a single attaching point. They fly around sometimes.
Is this not a problem with cork, is it?
I can go to the mountain and gently and carefully pick some cork direct from the quercus med tree, taking enviromental issues seriously.
If you need southeuropean buddies to work with, me and my friends have 3 nonsttopping vapcaps in our kind of weed coooperative.
Keep up the good work!

el sargantano,
Reactions: ander
Top Bottom