1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Cork Corner

Discussion in 'DIY' started by ander, Mar 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

I still see everything here too.

GreenHopper likes this.
  2. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

I can see the pics too :drool:

RUDE BOY likes this.
  3. ander

ander Well-Known Member

Posts yes, me too.
    If this is true... there's something seriously wrong here...:uhoh:
    I can only see the linked pics. But all the rest is "IMG". Not only here... all images I uploaded from postimage in all threads...

:huh:

4. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

@ander I went through your posts and see most of your images although I had to refresh the pages a few times in the Vaponic thread before they showed up... most pictures in other threads were there the first time i checked the posts.

ander, Kozzmozz and GreenHopper like this.
  5. ander

ander Well-Known Member

I guess I got the answer...

postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry, no prior notice.
    While we hope to resolve the issue, we chose postimg.CC as our new home.
    Please update codes embedded in your websites.

GreenHopper and RUDE BOY like this.
  6. ander

ander Well-Known Member

This desolated thread makes me sooo sad... but I'll be back soon. Ready for Cork Corner II... the revenge! :argh:

[​IMG]

7. Kozzmozz

Kozzmozz Infinite realities, infinite possibilities

Why sad?

I'm watching your evolution with pleasure and I think many others as well.
    I think I am going to buy an M to place the tip in one of your corkies hopefully.

ander, Squiby, RUDE BOY and 2 others like this.
  8. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

I totally agree, @andr you have an awesome idea in development. It's just quiet because folk are hammering themselves during the 4/20 period.

Here is a pic of a cool car covered in Cork to lift your spirits ;)

[​IMG]

Used2use, ander, Kozzmozz and 3 others like this.
  9. ander

ander Well-Known Member

Ha ha! Thanks kind guys! And no worries, desolation was referring to the lost pics and so for the DIY narration. Not for lack of popularity that's sure! How can I since I have you, faithful disciples of cork? ;):D
    The new CORKyVC is performing well and the Tip stress tests have good, solid response. Some condensers will arrive "soon" and the first builds will be then ready... then an expert will test all thing ;)... some floating tests are on schedule... and I've in mind a quite cool new casing...

dboxy, Diggy Smalls and GreenHopper like this.
  10. ander

ander Well-Known Member

Some corky casing ideas
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Joaon, GreenHopper, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  11. ander

ander Well-Known Member

I was looking at this interesting resource (thanks Stardust) and it looks like Cork Oak, in our case Quercus Suber, is missing... but Oak in general is a sensitizer and considered mildly toxic...
    Since the the corky VC is all Cork, I think some more research will be needed to avoid problems and misunderstandings. If this thing will ever be distributed even to only 1 person, or if someone like to build his own, we better be sure. Furthermore, I'm thinking about a modification that will allow to put the favorite mouthpiece instead the corky one. I will soon share the whole project.

Edit: Well the only resource I've found specifically on oak and his bark (in our case the cork) states that the wood is to avoid, but the bark is safe... at least this is what people say in a site that translated sounds like "parrots life"...:p: "Cork: The tree, the product is not toxic"
    More solid results needed maybe..?! Or do you think we can trust budgerigars? ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    GreenHopper and Kozzmozz like this.
  12. ander

ander Well-Known Member

What's the length of a standard Dynavap MP? I don't have one and I don't find the info... thanks.

GreenHopper and Squiby like this.
  13. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's 17mm (62mm stem length minus 45mm body length)

GreenHopper, Squiby and ander like this.
  14. ander

ander Well-Known Member

Just a mini update...
    I've upgraded the cork stem with the titanium tip and it is now a week that I'm using it, and:
    1- the titanium tip is AMAZING. But who own it already know that.
    2- the marriage between the TiTip and the omnicork build is perfect, and I've never touched the carb hole anymore since. So, I can now say the TiTip is not necessary, but HIGHLY recommended.

Other random news:
    - The cork stem can become loose with time, since it tends to adapt to the harder steel parts. But it can be boiled, and so it aquires again the original fit. Outer veins come out though, giving to it a more primitive look... something you may like, or maybe not.
    - My TiTip (last generation) works GREAT but has a really sharp end (if compared to my 2017 "M" SSTip), so I had to put back the lower o-ring to not lacerate the cork.

Hope to have time to work on some corks soon... I'm still moving house and nothing is in the right place right now.

snackmaster, Used2use and GreenHopper like this.
  15. Used2use

Used2use Sometimes to stupid to become a fool

Hm, does cork also get 'harder' with heat?
    If so, starting with a bit smaller hole and 'shrinking' the cork tip with a hot metal rod to increase the diameter might work even better...

16. ander

ander Well-Known Member

Not with boiling, the softness remains unchanged. Cork is like a dense sponge, it starts to degrade (and so it gets maybe harder also, yes) over 300°C or so, don't remember exactly*. What I can say today is that his weakness it's his strenght!

*Me and @KeroZen have made a deep research about cork and heat resistance on Pipe's "Project" DIY Herbal Vaporizer thread (where the first corky accessory has born! well mine, at least... my pics are gone... pity, it was fun.) but I can't find the post right now... around page 3X...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    KeroZen, natural farmer and Used2use like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors