The Cloud EVO Anticipation Thread

xxxscottyxxx

Hi Guys

As promised I have an update for you. I was very lucky to try the Evo last night.

Simply put it works fantastically, the flavour is insane, most flavoursome vape I have ever tried (I am an LSV, Solo and Old Cloud owner for reference). At 12 I wasn't overly impressed in terms of output (f but cranked it to max and good sized clouds were being produced. Was getting about 3 meaty rips per 1/3 elb.

I am a high temp vaper and want to see milky, dense clouds filling my water pieces and although was so impressed with the flavour (and output, plumes were coming out!) I didn't see much evidence if whitewalling but this could be for a few reasons (lighting etc).

I would probably prefer a hotter unit but think I would be in the minority of users as most would be very happy imo. Vapefiend made a very good point that it takes away any chances of combustion which is clearly important.

Where I was incredibly impressed was the nail attachment, have very little experience in dabbing but was blown away with how easy it was to use.

There was no sigh of overheating or anything major etc but the unit was a bit glitchy, nothing that couldn't be fixed with a turn off and on but sometimes the unit went red and green colour at the same time, anyone know what that means??

For the record this was very minor and hadn't happened previously for the previous week VF had had the unit and to be honest was probably down to our 'state' from enjoying it so much than anything sinister with the unit. He has been using daily and has had no issues (and is very aware of the historical issues associated with the Int Evo).

Hope this helps, all I can say is that I was very Impressed and with some very minor changes (there should be no glitches on a £300-500 vape imo)

Hand downs im buying one and hopefully after another week or two VF can sigh it off. I for one though may ask for a hotter unit as would rather have the option of higher temps if needed for maximum milkyness.

Any question let me know and hope the above is useful.

Cheers

PM
Hey polvoman, thanks for the info. Been looking forward to hearing how you got on with the Evo, glad to hear it was so good.

I'm a little concerned you had to turn up to maximum temperature to get milky white hits though, I would have thought this should have been obtainable at around 2 -3 on the dial from what I've read in this thread, makes me think that it may not be calibrated 100% accurate (this is not fact just my best guess!) which brings me on to my main concern which has worried me for a while... Little issues like this have been ongoing problems with the Evo, now over in the USA it's not the biggest problem in the world as Vapexhale have been really good at sorting out problems and getting units back to customers really quickly, this could be a big headache in the UK though.

If / when I buy an Evo from Vapefiend and let's say it has a little fault a week later I would contact the retailer I purchased from (Vapefiend) now I'm guessing they wouldn't automatically just replace the unit and would contact Vapexhale who would probably say their tech guys could easily sort it out, would this mean I would have to wait for the unit to go back to the USA be fixed then come back to the Uk leaving me without a unit for weeks on end? Also I'm not entirely happy with having something used with cannabis (illegal in the UK) going through international customs with traces of the substance on the unit being directly tied to my name and address. Did your friend at Vapefiend happen to mention anything about faulty units / returns at all? If not would you mind asking if they know what measures they may have in place for the release.

Sorry for the long reply and sorry for any spelling / grammar mistakes I'm writing this on the move on my phone!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your Evo experience with us, hopefully we will all get to experience it soon after waiting soooooo long and thanks for any other info you may be able to offer on the returns / faulty units.

Cheers. Scotty

Last edited:
xxxscottyxxx,
Reactions: Gray Area

liscoe

Good news on the testing and thanks PM on behalf of all us internationals starved for news of the Evo!

Did you ask Vapefiend whether he would be the one sending the units out to us?

I'm not that concerned if there are a few niggles with the unit (although obviously I'd prefer it to be perfect). I'm unlikely to run it for long periods of time or leave it unattended. As long as the nuclear meltdown that my last one suffered is fixed of course!

liscoe,

polvoman

Liscoe, im so sorry dude I completely forgot to ask the question!!

Forgive me!

Scotty, I would have the same worries about the milkiness. I wouldn't call it milky white even up to full temp. I do think though that if I had taken it back home and let it heat for a full 20 mins and played around a bit more with it results might have been better.

Really don't want to paint a bad picture as it did deliver clouds that weren't wispy and were the most flavorful ive ever had and didn't put me off wanting one real bad. The nail killed it for me.

That said I do want the option of going higher for flower, I don't go past 1-2 on my LSV and it seems like the Clouds need to be a bit hotter imo.

VF has the exclusive distribution in the UK and has always replaced other vapes if he can see for himself that they are faulty so would think that he would swap but possibly not for cooler units.

You make good points about the customs and traces but think he must encounter this regularly.

Hopefully it will become clearer in the next week. Ill tell him that the green/red situation should be kept on an eye on and thanks Seek for the explanation and logic behind these glitches!

polvoman,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The vapor on EVO isn't as "chalky" as the Cloud+ but don't let that fool you. The EVO vapor is a lot tastier and smoother and just as medicating. I pointed out a while back about the board not having enough memory was a guess on my part, I think it was a good one.

t-dub,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Such a high quality vapor as the EVO produces isn't opaque unless you vape like half gram of some sparkly bud or a concentrate in one hit.
Other vapes can get you glass opaque, but not because of more vapor, but because of its lower quality. Even high temp isn't opaque white, but definitely tastes super toasty and you exhale a monster cloud.
I've never had a completely opaque HT with the EVO like I remember with the old Cloud+ yet I'm exhaling even slightly bigger and smoother clouds with the EVO!

Seek,

polvoman

If anything it made me question the importance I place on density (or the incorrect impression of density as you guys have pointed out above).

I loved that the flavor kept coming through to the end, something I cant say with any other vape I own or have tried.

polvoman,

liscoe

Don't worry polvoman, I imagine it's easy to forget questions after a session with the Evo:-) Vapexhale did say that they would be distributing through Vapefiend so I am sure that it still the case. It doesn't make a huge amount of difference anyway and I'm sure that we'll find out soon!

liscoe,

xxxscottyxxx

Hey Polvoman, just wondering if you had heard any more news or info from your buddy at Vapefiend on how the rest of the testing went or if they have any sort if indication when they will have the Evo for retail sale?

Cheers in advance for anything you can share.... The wait is literally killing me now!!

xxxscottyxxx,

xxxscottyxxx

@xxxscottyxxx it says on vapefiends website he is hoping to have stock for Christmas. Was hoping it would be sooner!

Hey Smokie - I spotted that on their website a day or two after my post.....Was also hoping it would be sooner, the wait seems never ending now buy hey you know what they say 'Good things come to those who wait'!!

xxxscottyxxx,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Another update email just confirming what we already know. Still the same kind of glitch, just seems less and less frequent. I wonder why is it so hard to eliminate that or at least make the unit recognize it happening and throw an exception that turn the unit into safe error-pattern mode. I wouldn't mind if the unit went into error occasionaly as long as these errors are safe and controlled. The problem is that when the unut glitches out, its behaviour is undefined and it could do anything, including continuous overheating.
Good Afternoon International Vaporists!

It's been a few weeks since we've received our first round of feedback but have very encouraging news. There is a very small glitch which has occurred one time, which causes the unit to either overheat, or stop heating.

Our engineering firm hopes to have the issue resolved in short order, but we are having difficulties repeating these circumstances in the US, as this error has only been experienced once in the UK.

Our European distributor is trying to recreate the error as well and we are very confident that with a few tweaks, we will be able to feel confident enough in releasing our production 220V unit. Thank you again for your patience as we resolve this final hurdle.

Seek,

smokie

Another update email just confirming what we already know. Still the same kind of glitch, just seems less and less frequent. I wonder why is it so hard to eliminate that or at least make the unit recognize it happening and throw an exception that turn the unit into safe error-pattern mode. I wouldn't mind if the unit went into error occasionaly as long as these errors are safe and controlled. The problem is that when the unut glitches out, its behaviour is undefined and it could do anything, including continuous overheating.
This thread is nearly a year old!
Beginning to lose hope. Reading the other evo thread the American units are still glitching. So reckon could be a while before we see the evo :(

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Yeah and when it was started it had nothing to do with 220V units. It was about North American buyers waiting on delivery.
Ummm no?
I paid up for the IGG campaign, and it was never made clear that we would be waiting this long, or that the 220v unit would even launch at a different time to the 110v...

How was it for US buyers only?
As far as I was aware, this thread has been for those that are waiting on delivery - something I very much am, and have been ever since the thread was created...

What was even the point of your post?
Smokies point was accurate - for those of us STILL waiting, the thread is almost a year old.

Dear EVO:
dc5a35df1404c1f68e11a07e27b1f239b51fbd08c9c6cdbfaae858750645e281.jpg

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Some shipped a few months ago, then most failed rather catastrophically, and we are now still waiting on the 220v units to be re-released.

Frederick McGuire,

LumeKa

Beginning to lose hope. Reading the other evo thread the American units are still glitching. So reckon could be a while before we see the evo :(

Well international evo's should be released some day. Most likely in 2015 considering VXL's constancy for exceeded deadlines.

What I wonder is if this vaporizer will ever be reliable. I mean it's been very long since VXL tries to operate its device under 220V. There must be some major issues for not being able to ship a single working device in a whole year.

Remember that it only took 4 or 5 months to design and produce the 1st US Evos from scratch.

Yeah and when it was started it had nothing to do with 220V units. It was about North American buyers waiting on delivery.
Yeah.... but no. You're totally wrong on this one.

Last edited:

polvoman

Exactly, regardless of what has been made about the actual percentage of US units failing the point is that they still are and its noticeable.

I simply don't believe the update from Vapexhale, in the 2 hours that I had with the EVO with Vapefiend it failed several times to the point where it needed to be reset, I personally counted this 3 times.

On retrospect (and I really dont mean to bum you guys out with this) it wasn't even performing that well. Yes, the flavor was there, yes clouds were produced but not the monster clouds that started the original interest in the Cloud (was seeing the same mist that I would get out of a small bubbler and Solo on 6) and there was none of the whitewalling shown in their marketing vids.

They need to completely relook at their pricing structure for the International market, the last massdrop for the US was for $460 (£285!) including shipping to the US and you received Evo, Hydrofoot, Side circ or tree, 2 vapexnails etc etc.

Why would anyone pay around £500 for the same package when casual consumers checking in on a mass buy site can save nearly 50%.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I simply don't believe the update from Vapexhale, in the 2 hours that I had with the EVO with Vapefiend it failed several times to the point where it needed to be reset, I personally counted this 3 times.
Yes, the last e-mail smells like bullshit even to me. Even my original unit is more stable than that. Honestly, I haven't got a single glitch in week now, it almost seems like my unit repaired itself... ...until it rarely glitches out again.
What the fuck is this glitch that they cannot get rid of it for so long...

And read this sentence ripped out form the e-mail. Carefully.
vapexhale said:
There is a very small glitch which has occurred one time, which causes the unit to either overheat, or stop heating.
So it occured only one time, and you've already observed two distinct outcomes, one of which is deadly overheat and that is a very small glitch? Wait wha...

On retrospect (and I really dont mean to bum you guys out with this) it wasn't even performing that well. Yes, the flavor was there, yes clouds were produced but not the monster clouds that started the original interest in the Cloud (was seeing the same mist that I would get out of a small bubbler and Solo on 6) and there was none of the whitewalling shown in their marketing vids.

A lot of variables could cause this, I know the EVO is capable of monster clouds just like the OG when you make it do that.
Load it well with some good dried mj, preheat EVO on 1-2 oclock, hit slowly first and then pull moderately, and blow it out into a good lighting that you know will make any vapor show up.
If you do all that and don't get a badass monster cloud, then it's not a proper EVO.
The EVO vapor is bluer and needs more lighting to make it show up in comparison to the OG. That's the kind of pure vapor that is invisible in bad lighting.
As you go up with the dial it can get whiter and more visible, of course the taste gets worse...

Also a lot of these white-wall vids of the EVO are vapexnail hits. Concentrates are also whiter.

goofygreen

October 2,
We hope you all had an enjoyable weekend! Our testing went very well for most scenarios, but we still have a persisting bug in 1 of our scenarios.

This has led to a new batch of firmware to be tested internationally. We are going to send out a few extra units for final testing before final approval. If all goes well this time around, we will be sending out your international units.

We hope this round of testing proves to be the fix we've all sought for.

Thank you again for your patience and perseverance!

Same old, same old... sigh

xxxscottyxxx

It's all getting a bit boring now to be honest and I think from my personal point of view I've give up! If the USA models are still playing up this long after release what possible chance do we ever have of getting a fault free international model? I hate to admit it but I think it's slim to non. It's s real shame as I've wanted an Evo for sooooooo long now but I have to start to face facts...it's never going to happen!

xxxscottyxxx,
Reactions: polvoman
Top Bottom