The Cloud EVO Anticipation Thread

Anonymouse

Sith I care
.....or maybe stonemonkey could pop in with a much needed update?

He just stopped into the main thread to "like" a few posts but didn't answer my question there about progress.

Anyone get the most recent email? Another 6-8 weeks eh. . . I'm sure I heard that before. . . 2015 hopefully.

I'm not even getting these mails, but I've given VXL my email address on like three different occasions, so they absolutely have it. What's the point in being a "Fanatic" if they can't even get me on the right email lists? Being an international customer, I've yet to see a benefit to the extra $500 I spent / loaned interest-free like a year ago. I have a ridiculously giant HT I will almost never use (due to risk, ergonomics and convenience), and a vape I basically can't use, because it likes to set things on fire. :/

Oh well. Could you post the update text for those of us left out of the loop?

vapecat

Here's the latest email:

Seibo said:
Good Morning International Vaporists,

It's been another few weeks and we've obtained some results from real world testing that we wanted to share with you in order to be as transparent as possible. The runaway heat problem has been resolved (very happy with that) but there's a slight anomaly with the unit not getting quite as hot after you reset it (after the auto shut off) that happens roughly 10% of the time.

Tweaks and adjustments are being made and a new unit is being sent out to them this week with the latest upgrade. Although I truly feel we are close, I would like to say we are closer to 6-8 weeks in order to maintain realistic expectations and have as much transparency as possible.

I'd like to again, sincerely thank you all for your patience and steadfast support of VapeXhale. We are 100% committed to resolving these issues as expeditiously as possible, so please do not hesitate if you have any questions or concerns. As always, if you no longer wish to continue waiting, we will be happy to provide a full refund.

All the best,

Seibo

liscoe

Brilliant. So the incompetence continues- I got an email three weeks ago saying that they were going to send out the units for further testing in the next day or two and here we are in July, Vapefiend hasn't received anything yet and there have been no further updates from Vapexhale. I don't know why I am even surprised any more.

They gave me a timescale of six to eight weeks in the email (so as not to dash my expectations) which leaves them five weeks to have them tested and finalised and shipped and sent out to me. My expectations are feeling somewhat fragile yet again...

So I suspect they'll be another email in a few weeks time pushing the eta back again. This is even more frustrating as I had an conversation with them recently asking them to please please please keep us in the loop with regular updates if there are to be further delays so that we don't all get to a few days before what we think is the release date (and get terribly excited) only to be told we've got another month or two to go. Argh!!!!:bang:

Thanks for finding out though polvoman, at least we can get an update from somewhere.

polvoman

Brilliant. So the incompetence continues- I got an email three weeks ago saying that they were going to send out the units for further testing in the next day or two and here we are in July, Vapefiend hasn't received anything yet and there have been no further updates from Vapexhale. I don't know why I am even surprised any more.

They gave me a timescale of six to eight weeks in the email (so as not to dash my expectations) which leaves them five weeks to have them tested and finalised and shipped and sent out to me. My expectations are feeling somewhat fragile yet again...

So I suspect they'll be another email in a few weeks time pushing the eta back again. This is even more frustrating as I had an conversation with them recently asking them to please please please keep us in the loop with regular updates if there are to be further delays so that we don't all get to a few days before what we think is the release date (and get terribly excited) only to be told we've got another month or two to go. Argh!!!!:bang:

Thanks for finding out though polvoman, at least we can get an update from somewhere.

No worries dude, as soon as he gets it Ill try and see it in person but I dont think he has an estimate of when.

Lets face it though. any deadline they give you is a complete joke, they have broken so many that I would take any with a pinch of salt/disregard completely. They have manged to lose all credibility and that hurts me to write as have tried to be as supportive of them as possible.

I personally don't know how anyone with any business acumen or even common sense would or could invest in a company that are clearly finding their feet and struggling with the basics and have been for some time now.

I urge anyone reading this post (especially UK vapers!) to go any buy an LSV and a sick piece of glass at the same or less price and enjoy thick, dense CLOUDS of vapor, you can milk any piece (I would be happy to share vids of my Mobius or DG being completely white-walled) and they are RELIABLE!

Even the US versions of the Evo are still showing problem signs.

I am in now way affiliated to 7th Floor but their product is a reality that you can buy and enjoy now, not a vision of the future.

You can then look abjectly on this debacle, knowing that your not missing out and confident that if and when you do decide to drop £300-400 you can do so with confidence as you should with any large investment, especially for a vaporizer.

Last edited by a moderator:

magpie77

No worries dude, as soon as he gets it Ill try and see it in person but I dont think he has an estimate of when.

Lets face it though. any deadline they give you is a complete joke, they have broken so many that I would take any with a pinch of salt/disregard completely. They have manged to lose all credibility and that hurts me to write as have tried to be as supportive of them as possible.

I personally don't know how anyone with any business acumen or even common sense would or could invest in a company that are clearly finding their feet and struggling with the basics and have been for some time now.

I urge anyone reading this post (especially UK vapers!) to go any buy an LSV and a sick piece of glass at the same or less price and enjoy thick, dense CLOUDS of vapor, you can milk any piece (I would be happy to share vids of my Mobius or DG being completely white-walled) and they are RELIABLE!

Even the US versions of the Evo are still showing problem signs.

I am in now way affiliated to 7th Floor but their product is a reality that you can buy and enjoy now, not a vision of the future.

You can then look abjectly on this debacle, knowing that your not missing out and confident that if and when you do decide to drop £300-400 you can do so with confidence as you should with any large investment, especially for a vaporizer.
Bang on mate,I have had my lsv for about 2 months and use it with a male to male adaptor with a vapexhale elb inside and it is perfect,the main difference between a cloud and the lsv is reliability

magpie77,
Reactions: polvoman

polvoman

Ha, thanks dude, that and marketing!

Not tried the Elb method with an LSV, you getting even avb?? I really don't mind stirring (bit of a ritual now!) but well up for trying if it works well!

I really want a Cloud but the Herbalizer will be out before they ever get their act together, now that is worth £400!

It just doesn't take this long to fix a relatively simple issue and as a consumer its impossible to trust Vapexhale or even worse I see them as utterly incompetent manufacturers and business people.

Really hope you guys are ok and not climbing the walls, regardless of whatever anyone says on here and appreciate that this is somewhat meaningless to you, but, they are 100% in the wrong and have royally screwed European customers (Hell no, INVESTORS!!) in every opportunity presented.

I get angry just reading these pages!!!

treeman

Yeah, I was pretty dead set on getting an evo but if the herbalizer is available beforehand I'm gonna' take the refund and get one of those, they look like absolute beasts!
Personally I kinda' saw this coming, been waiting years for a VXL product, however I feel really sorry for intl fanatics.
They were supposed to be beta testers for new products and now all these nails and accessories are coming out and the international folk are totally screwed on their chances to test anything. I bet they don't even care and just want a functioning evo.
Anyhow, while its easy to get wound up I try to remember that I have actually received an evo, it just broke after 9 hours of use. But at the same time I'm sure they are putting in some effort to get things done.
I think the part that makes it sting is that the US folk got theirs ageees ago and we all thought we were getting them at the same time. Anyhow. . . trying not to look at this thread too much.

treeman,
Reactions: Roger D

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

This and lack of honesty.

:rolleyes:
Sounds like 100% BS

These posts are awfully close to breaking our rules. While everyone knows that VXL has had a lot of problems delivering on its international version, you still have to show respect when you post your gripes. Calling them incompetent is not respectful. Accusing them of lack of honesty is not acceptable. Let me be clear here: even if the accusation is true (which I don't accept in this case) we don't tolerate calling other members liars.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Shrike

liscoe

I don't think that my post is breaking the rules, I'm certainly not accusing Vapexhale of lying to us and I didn't intend to suggest that Vapexhale themselves are incompetent- as we can all see the US version of the Evo has been a thorough success and looks like a wonderful device. I just mean that the roll out of the international version has been a total shambles and this is not helped by continual broken deadlines and lack of communication. This cannot be disputed.

As anyone can see from this thread we have all been extremely supportive and it is only after months and months of disappointment that we are at the end of our tether (tethers?). Given that no one reads this thread any longer except the self help group that the international contributors have become it is understandable that there is a fair amount of vitriol creeping into posts... What is most frustrating is that this could have been avoided to a large degree by Vapexhale if they'd put a tiny amount of effort into regular updates and communication. If they kept us online as to the state of play we'd be prepared for further problems and delays and wouldn't be so upset. It's the constant reaching of a deadline, not hearing anything from Vapexhale so having to contact them only to find out things have been pushed back. It's unbearably frustrating!!!

Anyway a vague update! I emailed Vapexhale last week asking if they had actually sent out test units to international distributors (as they stated three weeks ago they would 'within a day or two') and they have replied today with an extremely woolly mail saying 'we are finishing testing and will be having our international distributors test the latest version and will give you concrete information in the next week or two when we once we get feedback on the latest firmware'. So that basically means they still haven't sent anything out to anyone and don't know when they will...

I've replied virtually begging them (yet again) for some actual information and reiterating (yet again!) that I can understand/accept delays due to technical issues but the lack of regular updates/communication is unacceptable. If they can find the time to send out snazzy marketing emails why on earth can't they bang out a couple of lines every couple of weeks to the people that invested in their company a year ago.

I personally am at my wits end- would actually like to cancel now just on principle but I have been looking forward to an Evo for sooo long...

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't think that my post is breaking the rules, I'm certainly not accusing Vapexhale of lying to us and I didn't intend to suggest that Vapexhale themselves are incompetent- as we can all see the US version of the Evo has been a thorough success and looks like a wonderful device. I just mean that the roll out of the international version has been a total shambles and this is not helped by continual broken deadlines and lack of communication. This cannot be disputed.

As anyone can see from this thread we have all been extremely supportive and it is only after months and months of disappointment that we are at the end of our tether (tethers?). Given that no one reads this thread any longer except the self help group that the international contributors have become it is understandable that there is a fair amount of vitriol creeping into posts... What is most frustrating is that this could have been avoided to a large degree by Vapexhale if they'd put a tiny amount of effort into regular updates and communication. If they kept us online as to the state of play we'd be prepared for further problems and delays and wouldn't be so upset. It's the constant reaching of a deadline, not hearing anything from Vapexhale so having to contact them only to find out things have been pushed back. It's unbearably frustrating!!!

Anyway a vague update! I emailed Vapexhale last week asking if they had actually sent out test units to international distributors (as they stated three weeks ago they would 'within a day or two') and they have replied today with an extremely woolly mail saying 'we are finishing testing and will be having our international distributors test the latest version and will give you concrete information in the next week or two when we once we get feedback on the latest firmware'. So that basically means they still haven't sent anything out to anyone and don't know when they will...

I've replied virtually begging them (yet again) for some actual information and reiterating (yet again!) that I can understand/accept delays due to technical issues but the lack of regular updates/communication is unacceptable. If they can find the time to send out snazzy marketing emails why on earth can't they bang out a couple of lines every couple of weeks to the people that invested in their company a year ago.

I personally am at my wits end- would actually like to cancel now just on principle but I have been looking forward to an Evo for sooo long...

I didn't say you broke the rules, I said you were awfully close. If you didn't intend to suggest that VXL is incompetent then you need to work on your communications skills. I don't see any other interpretation, nor do I want you to offer one. Discussing a moderator decision in a public post is breaking the rules.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Shrike

liscoe

Fair enough, rules is rules. Please forgive my poor choice of words- I assure you it is only due to the frustration of still waiting for something a year after I've paid a small fortune for it. I love the Evo and have supported Vapexhale right from the start but this situation is really getting me down. I'll try and make sure that I word things more carefully in the future.

Last edited:
liscoe,
Reactions: pakalolo

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Thanks for all the patience guys. Our engineers have been working hard over the weekend to come up with a scalable solution. Most of the units (not all) that are running too hot are in countries that run at 240V (and sometimes higher depending on the location and how clean the power is) so our engineers are working on a new algorithm that will automatically adjust the vaporizer's heat range to the voltage that it sees. Previously, the algorithm was optimized for 220V but programmed with a buffer so even a 240V jolt wouldn't affect the unit but we have been told that in certain areas you can see spikes of 250V+ during certain scenarios.

As I get more feedback, I will be sure to update you guys.

[venting]

So this post was over 3 months ago, and since then, nothing from anyone at VXL.
WTF?
Do you guys even know this thread still exists?

As I get more feedback, I will be sure to update you guys.
So I take it that means you've received no feedback at all in 3 months?
I doubt that, so why the radio silence over here??

Thanks for all the patience guys.
Im only speaking for myself here, but The patience is wearing pretty thin man...
It'd be one thing if we were being updated on the progress of the project, but at this point its beginning to feel like I should've just gotten $500 worth of change, and thrown it into a wishing well...

I loved the performance of the vapes, but after having
  • The initial intl EVO release delayed behind the US release without any advance warning,
  • my original cloud die on me,
  • The "gift" for having the release delayed turn out to be something many, if not most US purchasers got (the now infamous hydrafoot, which I'm pretty sure was supposed to be part of any IGG package with a HT anyway),
  • my EVO almost melt in my hands,
  • and having to basically be psychic to get any further info
has left me really soured on the company as a whole...

My perception of this whole fiasco is that most people here have cut VXL a lot more slack than they would most other vape manufacturers...
Instead of justifying that position, you guys seem to have taken the inch we gave you and ran a mile...

[/venting]

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
So this post was over 3 months ago, and since then, nothing from anyone at VXL.
WTF?
Do you guys even know this thread still exists?
Yes, I don't get it also why they don't update here as well. I'm on the list getting email updates every 1-3 weeks or so.
Since they don't post these updates here, I'm going to extract the timeline and events from these updates in a nutshell:

APR 10, 2014
-got an automated response for a support ticket telling me they are aware of the problems and working on it and give me updates soon.

APR 21, 2014
-figured out it's a complex problem and it will take a long time
-so they hired extra help and are going to send us:
110V EVO
+ keep the faulty EVO
+ 300 watt 110-220/240 volt converter
+ EVO heat shield (3.2 mm neoprene)
+ $50 credit
+ possibility to switch that 110V one to the brand new corrected 220V once it's finished.

APR 29, 2014
-found out even the 110V EVOs fail the same way in our environment, so the plan above would be just another fiasco, dropped it.
-offered full refund.

MAY 19, 2014
-making progress in eliminating the glitches. But found one special case when it glitched and overheated.

JUN 04, 2014
-they think they have everything corrected so another round of testing begins.

JUN 24, 2014
-another round of testing shows no more glitches we have been experiencing, even the shut-off timer started working, however...
-after the shut-off timer restart, the unit heated colder with about 10% probability. So thats another glitch that went completely hidden because of timer never going off in the glitchy EVOs.
-fixed this problem and started another testing

So that's 3 weeks after the last update.
I'm hoping for a happy end eventually and that we still get the EVO heatd shield.
Another update should be coming coming soon so I'm wishing the best luck, we all need it.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
JUL 18, 2014:
International VapeXhale Customers,

TGIF. We have completed another round of testing and are getting closer to a final, stable solution. We have been able to get 3 of 4 of our voltage/freq scenarios to work (210/50, 210/60, 220/60) and are working on getting the 220/50 to function the way we want to. We will provide additional updates once we hear back from engineering. Have a wonderful weekend.

Warm Regards,

Seibo Shen
Founder & CEO
VapeXhale
We have 230/50 in here, so I hope that is also considered.
220/50 is the closest and that is the trouble one. :(

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Yeah, 230/50 here in Oz also.

Man, this situation just does not inspire confidence, to say the least. :(

*hugs Cloud+*

Aren't we 240/50?

And given the +/- ~10% variances in local supply that can occur and have to be engineered to allow for, that means it's actually got to be happy as high as ~264V, and as low as ~198V, and also behave consistently at anywhere from 45-66Hz input AC rate. Not just four fixed cases, but two ranges are need to adequately address the full spectrum of local conditions devices might encounter in real-world use.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Aren't we 240/50?

And given the +/- ~10% variances in local supply that can occur and have to be engineered to allow for, that means it's actually got to be happy as high as ~264V, and as low as ~198V, and also behave consistently at anywhere from 45-66Hz input AC rate. Not just four fixed cases, but two ranges are need to adequately address the full spectrum of local conditions devices might encounter in real-world use.

JUL 18, 2014:
We have 230/50 in here, so I hope that is also considered.
220/50 is the closest and that is the trouble one. :(

Sorry for the late response, I have been traveling quite a bit and a haven't been able to follow the forums as closely. To answer your question(s) those are all in consideration and as @Anonymous mentioned, we need to cover the full range. The biggest issue we are having with is making sure all the code can fit on the board and take into consideration this broader range we need to be ready for. Adjusting one range will affect another and our team is fine tuning it slowly but surely. As I have stated before, we already have distributors that have paid for inventory so we are just as motivated to complete this as you guys are waiting to get it. We are working on weekends and ensuring that we can properly test and send out rock solid units.

Last edited:

LumeKa

Thanks for the input! First in months, that's a welcomed surprise.

But I've got the feeling that the further the process goes on, the less transparency we get.
Few months ago you stated that VXL was ready to send Evos to your distributors for real world testing.
Now it seems you're stil in charge and no distributor had a chance to back up your testings. Do we have to assume that the process is stil far from its ending?

1 month ago you stated about a last 6 to 8 weeks delay.
There's not even a single clue about a timeline now.

Notice that the Itl version's developpement has now taken even more time than the whole process for puting together the first US Evos. That's so odd considering this is not your first itl vaporiser.

Blurry on so many levels.

Top Bottom