The Cloud EVO Anticipation Thread

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I'm back to anticipating.... my EVO had to wing its way back home for adjustment... and, I will probably be waiting until all these are shipped before they will have a chance to even look at mine.

*sigh* So, I'm probably gonna get it back sometime in January. I hope.

The HT is lonely.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Hello! My name is Vapinghole. You may know me from such threads as, the Cloud thread, the Cloud EVO thread, the Cloud EVO Anticipation thread, the Athlete Vaporists? thread, and the Bump this thread if you're VAPED now! thread.

My EVO is set to arrive on 12/26, and I'm here to congratulate all the recent and future EVO recipients. As the great Tom Petty once said, the waiting is the hardest part. But my goodness it makes the finality even sweeter. If you're like me, you're simply stoked to be a part of this whole hootenanny. Soon I shall stop anticipating and start facilitating. What a trip it's been!

Well done, VXH and @stonemonkey55 !!

arf777

No longer dogless
Hello! My name is Vapinghole. You may know me from such threads as, the Cloud thread, the Cloud EVO thread, the Cloud EVO Anticipation thread, the Athlete Vaporists? thread, and the Bump this thread if you're VAPED now! thread.

My EVO is set to arrive on 12/26, and I'm here to congratulate all the recent and future EVO recipients. As the great Tom Petty once said, the waiting is the hardest part. But my goodness it makes the finality even sweeter. If you're like me, you're simply stoked to be a part of this whole hootenanny. Soon I shall stop anticipating and start facilitating. What a trip it's been!

Well done, VXH and @stonemonkey55 !!
Seems like a number of EB straight-neck folks here got their shipping emails. Hope more of us do this week. Med folks like me can't really take tolerance breaks, can just use new strains and devices to get around tolerance.

Hexi

Oh snap! A blue EVO, hydratube and carrying case on auction @ebay. It's only 200 bux right now, 6 more days to get your bids in ppl.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VapeXhale-C...297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c790ec1e1

I guess that's how it goes, but kinda lame seeing this shit get ebay'd out before the product even officially launches.

Selling free gifts is usually frowned upon, like if you get sent a unit for review purposes, then you SELL it? I mean wtf right? Something about that rubs me the wrong way.

Of course these things are always followed up with "I normally don't sell items I get as gifts, but because I wont use it much and need money for hospital bills" type disclaimer to make me look like the bad guy ;)

lscalzo

Madferret
Oh snap! A blue EVO, hydratube and carrying case on auction @ebay. It's only 200 bux right now, 6 more days to get your bids in ppl.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VapeXhale-C...297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c790ec1e1

I remember SM posting that he tested some units that were going to reviewers and stuff... That has added value and with the potential combusting issues SOME of the EVO's are having. But I agree with the bad taste in your mouth. I received stuff at a MASS discount from SONOS and other electronic companies and we always had to agree to keep the product for a year before selling. So for a rule of thumb I usually did that with everything that I received for free

Smoke1ForMe

Note to self: Next time if I want a special color I won't participate in pre-orders or crowd funding campaigns, I'll just wait for the damn thing to show up on ebay and get it in dodger blue.
:worms:

Yeah I am pretty disappointed to see this happening...guess reviews are more important than getting them out to contributors (who believed in VXL).... Not to mention it doesn't look like I will be getting my Early Bird before New Years. Was supposed to get it by Halloween, then by Thanksgiving, and then by New Years.....can I expect it before Valentines day? Come on guys give us an update, we at least deserve that.

Hexi

This is the downside to any and all promotional activities. You have to promote, and in order to promote, you have to sometimes bite the bullet and get scammed by "reviewers" with high page view stats (how they get those stats is another story)

Long term, it's a lesson learned thing I would imagine. Those reviewers that ebay their units, if I were running a company, I would shut them out AND make sure I have an air-tight NDA that also prohibits reselling review units for at least 400 days.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I wrote to the seller and asked if there was an included warranty.

He replied: There's no warranty. This was a demo model sent to me by the company to use for a written review. I'm not in any way directly affiliated with the VapeXhale company, just FYI. Thanks!

I didn't see anything about proceeds going to charity in the posting. Only somebody suggesting that here.

the Edge

Irregardless of where the money went I don't feel VapeXhale should have sent out EVO's (that our IGG orders paid for) to magazine/internet reviews until ALL IGG ORDERS were fulfilled at least. At that point if they wanted to send out some of their stock for publicity and review by all means go for it, but not on our dime and not OUR Evo's.

For heaven's sake its nearly CHRISTMAS and a large number of Early Birds are still without our EVO's. Yet every two weeks we get the same lame update that says nothing except "a few more weeks".

Not to mention their website STILL says 4-6 weeks until someone ordering today can expect their EVO, which WE (but probably not random customers) all know is basically not happening. They'll be lucky to have all IGG orders completed in 4-6 weeks. If i hadn't been strung along the past two months I may not care as much and just chalk it up to standard albeit somewhat shady business practices and what not. But since I feel i've been borderline lied to over and over again, it bothers me.

I really hope this EVO's blows me off my feet. It's about the only way I can see myself buying another VapeXhale product. And at this point, i'm about ready to just sell the thing and move on from this whole unpleasant experience.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Here is what I have been doing while sitting around waiting for my October delivery:

946081_490016814447794_1968534339_n.jpg

Now can I have an EVO before my wife kills me?

lscalzo

Madferret
Yeah I am pretty disappointed to see this happening...guess reviews are more important than getting them out to contributors (who believed in VXL).... Not to mention it doesn't look like I will be getting my Early Bird before New Years. Was supposed to get it by Halloween, then by Thanksgiving, and then by New Years.....can I expect it before Valentines day? Come on guys give us an update, we at least deserve that.

Totally agree. At this point I have officially stopped caring about when I will be receiving my evo. An update at this point wouldn't say much and would not have much merrit. When I recieve my shipping notice, great. But I have lost all initial excitement and honestly with all the combusting issues, the issues with other units bamboo getting chipped after taking great care of it. Just makes me think I bought into the hype of EVO and ignored a lot of the quality issues that this company has been plagued with previous releases. This is probably the reason to such a slow process. Keep in mind that a product has not officially launched until the public has the ability to purchase and recieve it. They are still in testing IMO.

However, keep up the hard work team vapexhale because they are doing the best they can and Merry Christmas.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
This has been posted in OG thread. And I think it should also be posted here:
I haven't checked this thread for a few so apologies for not jumping in and responding as we have been heads down trying to get the new product out. We are a bit behind schedule but we were able to identify some issues that would affect how the temp range on the dial would work. That has now been resolved and we have continued to assemble, test, and fulfill units. We are a bit behind schedule but we find it necessary to take extra precaution so we do not find ourselves in a similar situation with faulty units in our customer's hands.

The reason we are in this situation has been discussed ad naseum so I won't get into it again but we are doing our best to make the most of a really bad situation. Running a new business is tough enough and it has been very difficult to juggle all of these things at the same time but each day we are making closer progress to the end goal, which is to put functioning Clouds into the hands of our customers. We appreciate the patience that has been given to us and while we are behind, we have not disappeared. Back to assembling Cloud EVOs and happy holidays!
Good to hear this dial issue has been resolved! This seemed to be the major issue so far.
I think I am only concerned by the bamboo now. I know how a tiny variation in a single hole diameter can give the unit some abnormal drag.
I've already heard about some very restrictive EVOs and also some bamboos that broke for no reason. My Cloud was abnormaly restrictive and the bamboo broke itself, so I've been collecting every single luck I came across during the wait saving it for the EVO, hoping this one will be the lucky jackpot.
Maybe there are always going to be fails like these, I am just wishing the VXL that no new major issue gets on surface. Not after all the events that happened.

Stonemonkey55 has told me that the proceeds from that auction would go to benefit Chron's disease. If you would like to discuss this matter further, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

:peace:
No good deed goes unpunished, right? As I medicate using the EVO, specifically because I suffer from Crohn's Disease and Ankylosing Spondylitis, I appreciate this reviewer's decision. He is both getting the product he reviewed into the hands of someone who will cherish it AND he's giving the proceeds to a charity (I assume the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America) which impacts a community that can benefit directly from MMJ and innovations like the EVO, just as I have. Aren't these the things we believe in here?

I understand the frustrations of not knowing when your own personal unit is arriving, and will it arrive in working order, and will it live up to your expectations, etc. Went through it all myself. It sux the big one, no doubt. The heavy price tag makes the anticipation all the more unbearable. But IMO, it's unfair to rail on VXL for sending prototype/beta units out to reviewers, before all IGG orders are fulfilled. Are you kidding? C'mon. This is a company that has to make money, after all. And that means marketing your product. These reviewer units are ones that were initially made for beta testing, not for sale. Sending them to people in media to be reviewed had NO impact on production of units for IGG orders. If anything, the increased pre-orders due to VXL's positive reviews, has allowed them to scale up production faster than they otherwise could have, which means you're getting your unit faster than you otherwise would have. I know that if you're still waiting, this doesn't make you feel any better, but as they say...that's life. Sorry.

I really do feel for everyone that hasn't received their shipping notice yet. I'd be tearing my hair out for sure if I was you. Hopefully, your Christmas is still merry, and VXL still hits their goal of all orders shipped by the New Year! Wishing you all the best....

treeman

Was getting pretty impatient for a bit but I'm fine now. As an original international VXC preorder from the original, original thread, I've been waiting for a couple of years now. To be honest a large part of me isn't really expecting it to ever show up (even though I've already paid and know it will), it still kinda' feels like it doesn't really exist from over here though.
When it gets here will be great though, thanks to concentrates I can't even look at my DBV any more, and I miss vaping herb.
Merry christmas folks, hope everyones feeling festive.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Was getting pretty impatient for a bit but I'm fine now. As an original international VXC preorder from the original, original thread, I've been waiting for a couple of years now. To be honest a large part of me isn't really expecting it to ever show up (even though I've already paid and know it will), it still kinda' feels like it doesn't really exist from over here though.
When it gets here will be great though, thanks to concentrates I can't even look at my DBV any more, and I miss vaping herb.
Merry christmas folks, hope everyones feeling festive.

Back at ya! Have a great day. I wish for you to be with your Cloud soon.

Vapinghole,
Reactions: treeman
Top Bottom