The Cloud EVO Anticipation Thread

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
While anticipating a video of the EB straight neck tube, I saw this pic on Instagram and thought I would post it here . . . Nice pic of what I am anticipating!:nod: Please post a video of the tube in action so I can at least dream about it!

2vkjoyd.jpg
Nice pic . . . :tup: Here is one I just shot for you guys, loving the Swagger Turbine . . . :luv:

turbine_1.jpg

Last edited:

Hexi

Anyone who has a CLOUD and is considering passing on the EVO is likely looking at some decent resale value if that's the way you go.

Even broken clouds are selling ...

Hexi,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
:ugh:
At the risk of ruining Xmas, we got a notice saying FedEx had notified us that in order for home delivery packages to make it to the East Coast before the holiday it must be in the FedEx system by tomorrow evening (12/17). We are in the SF Bay area.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
At the risk of ruining Xmas, we got a notice saying FedEx had notified us that in order for home delivery packages to make it to the East Coast before the holiday it must be in the FedEx system by tomorrow evening (12/17). We are in the SF Bay area.

But would that apply to shipments out of Philadelphia?

Hexi

Represent! Bay Area CHRON4 amirite? j/k. Yeah those 2 storms kinda Santa-pooped all over adult X-mas break.
I may have to buy another SOLO in the next few days to hunker down. Thxgiving daydreamss, remember those?

SnidelyWhiplash

I stopped following this thread because it was depressing me. Now it's become a myth. Here's hoping it's the myth of santa clause since it didnt make my 40th birthday last week. Hahaha rant over, I know these guys are busting their balls.

Anyone gotten a bent neck early bird wth case yet?

I stopped following this thread because it was depressing me. Now it's become a myth. Here's hoping it's the myth of santa clause since it didnt make my 40th birthday last week. Hahaha rant over, I know these guys are busting their balls.

i've NOT gotten my bent neck early bird. :)

Czechyourhead

Still waiting for the case.

Czechyourhead,

JoeKickass

I'm thinking it's NOT going to be a Cloudy Christmas :(

Here's hoping it makes it here by January!!
Yeah I'm betting they all took off for holiday break, but maybe a week past new year's, it really will be time to expect something?

JoeKickass,

Fire Bad!

Weather Forecast: Very Slight Chance and then No Clouds In Sight :cry:
At least it should be nice and warm outside here in SF Bay Area.
2l8uckj.jpg

Here is a link to video on Instagram of a Blue Evo. Nice. Watch the tube EVOLVE to MILK,
Nice to at least be able to dream about. Thanks for posting it and was that a bent neck
or straight neck EB tube? :) Please post more videos for us to drool over! :drool:
I still want to get one of those shirts too, that would have been a great present!

http://statigr.am/p/611764122879864215_324436354

:peace:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Yeah I'm betting they all took off for holiday break, but maybe a week past new year's, it really will be time to expect something?

The only thing we have been told is that they are trying to finish the fanatic orders, and are tweaking the international version. No early bird updates or any new information for over a week.

grokit,

Fire Bad!

^ Wow an Army of Evos! It looks like Vapexhale have the Elves working for the Holidays but not sure you saw this post from the Evo thread about heating inconsistency. Hopefully they have resolved this issue but here is the post:

We typically test for min/mid/max levels but we have noticed a few units where for whatever reason, the temp range isn't linear through the entire dial and gets compressed like @Fame Is A Vapor unit. I'm at our engineer's place today to figure out what is causing these strange inconsistencies in the middle of the dial. Could be just a few numbers that need to be tweaked in the algorithm but it is a bit perplexing as it appears to be only affect a small population of units. Will report back after a kale shake or two.

Thanks SM, please let us know when you have more info to share! Happy Holidays!
sgtusy.jpg

Saw this and not sure if it was posted here but looks like the same Blue Evo and looks like a bent neck hybrid turbine of the EB tube. The same one I posted earlier I believe.
(Sorry if this was already posted,)

:peace:

Last edited:

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I wonder if the units already sent out have this same algorithm and hence the same probmems?

Would that mean sending them back?

Sinclue,

johnnystanks

Just a heads up for people who used Paypal to purchase a preorder. Paypal has protection for buyers if something were to go wrong (knock on wood), but you are only protected 45 days from after the purchase. After that if you did not file a complaint you will not be protected. Knowing that this is $599 which is a whole lot of money, I can't afford to lose that much and I have a feelin that most FC users would feel the same. I ordered mine on Nov. 9th so I am cutting it close to not be protected anymore so be aware.

Nice pic . . . :tup: Here is one I just shot for you guys, loving the Swagger Turbine . . . :luv:

turbine_1.jpg
I hate all this bragging...its pathetic. Beta testers should spend less time bragging about what they got and instead report on what they found about the negatives and positives of the product.

Modnote: Back to back posts merged. Please use the edit feature instead of making back to back posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
johnnystanks,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
144 units in one shot? This is crazy. Still no email here though... Internationals are probably the last to go :(
I'll just be optimistic and hope for an email shen these get finished (i can see missing knobs...)
20131217103123-IMG_6832.JPG

Hexi

144 units in one shot? This is crazy. Still no email here though... Internationals are probably the last to go :(
I'll just be optimistic and hope for an email shen these get finished (i can see missing knobs...)
20131217103123-IMG_6832.JPG

That's actually the lineup for my stocking this year. I was a VERY good boi.

I hate all this bragging...its pathetic. Beta testers should spend less time bragging about what they got and instead report on what they found about the negatives and positives of the product.

ROFL chill brah, you're getting annoyed by something that you are projecting and inferring, not something that is actually happening objectively. (Bragging) isn't what I would call it. This is the anticipation thread, and those who get their units, report here if they so choose to.

Nitpicking their posts only serves to rile yourself up over nothing.

Rusty778

Getting Lost
Just a heads up for people who used Paypal to purchase a preorder. Paypal has protection for buyers if something were to go wrong (knock on wood), but you are only protected 45 days from after the purchase.
Don't know if this is entirely accurate, the preorders are only authorizing a future purhcase, it is not a purchase in and of itself. Thus paypal protection should begin to apply when VXL actually charges you/ships your unit.

Wouldn't really call this bragging IMO..., people have been dying for pictures of the bent neck limited edition swagger tubes, plus the EVO thread is ceartinly full of both positives and negatives regarding the unit. Also, these fanatics/fanboys are in no way beta testers now ;)

johnnystanks

Don't know if this is entirely accurate, the preorders are only authorizing a future purhcase, it is not a purchase in and of itself. Thus paypal protection should begin to apply when VXL actually charges you/ships your unit.

Wouldn't really call this bragging IMO..., people have been dying for pictures of the bent neck limited edition swagger tubes, plus the EVO thread is ceartinly full of both positives and negatives regarding the unit. Also, these fanatics/fanboys are in no way beta testers now ;)

Based on policy from Paypal
  • Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you sent the payment, then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution. For Pay After Delivery transactions you "must open your Dispute within 45 Days of the date of your transaction."
Link https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US#13

johnnystanks,
Top Bottom