The Cloud EVO Anticipation Thread

Hexi

Ya you're probably right, I paid $500 4 months ago for a vaporizer to be delivered in October but I should just be grateful that it will hopefully be here sometime in December. :rolleyes:

Go read the IGG terms again. You contributed to a campaign, and you are waiting on your perk delivery. You probably might want to avoid future crowd-funding projects if this is how you are going to approach it.

No one in the campaign "bought" anything because there was nothing to buy but ideas and promises.
-----------------------------
$500 level here. American as this guy!
ysIKH.gif

No email.

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I'm also an Early Bird located in the U.S. No email yet, but that's okay. I realized when this campaign started that I would be contributing. I also knew it meant an anxious wait and that I'm not a very patient person. So I bought a Cloud that I've been enjoying for the last four months and that has made this wait so much better. I've experience many delays in my day whether it be the Ascent, Halo 2, etc. I knew this could also be a factor. I realize that some people aren't too happy with the wait, but let's not go Senor Chang...
(This isn't directed at anyone. I just happened to be watching the episode as I was posting.)
I plan on selling the Cloud to a close friend once I've received my EVO so not only will my friend be getting a good deal, but I'll have somewhat "rented" a Cloud for almost five months for under $200. (That money is just the undercut I'm selling it to my friend for.) Well worth it IMO.

Last edited:

Koop

i wonder if they're shipping out the early bird evo's in the order that the donations were received. i was one of the first 6 or 7 to donate and i still haven't received any email. strange.

Koop,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
There is a possibility that they are also going based on the order of contributions...I know they stated the order was based on perk levels, but who knows...
I was the 17th person to make a contribution at the Trade In level.

Also, you know that the case offer was to have your EVO shipped in that case, right? So I don't think anyone is getting just an empty case in the mail...when VXL is offering to ship the EVO in it.
"...so if you'd like to have your recent order shipped in the VXL Custom Pelican case, please let us know!"
Right! And I was one of those who opted for the Pelican case, but my shipping confirmation email still says "PS: This may be a partial shipment." I think the operative term here is the phrase "may be". VXL might be adding this post script to most if not all emails to cover any eventuality.

At any rate if my shipment is partial, one has to wonder: Am I getting the Pelican case or the EVO?

weedemon

enthusiast
I was the 17th person to make a contribution at the Trade In level.

Right! And I was one of those who opted for the Pelican case, but my shipping confirmation email still says "PS: This may be a partial shipment." I think the operative term here is the phrase "may be". VXL might be adding this post script to most if not all emails to cover any eventuality.

At any rate if my shipment is partial, one has to wonder: Am I getting the Pelican case or the EVO?
haha same boat here I missed that PS the first time round. plz got let it be the evo not the case :p

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Two questions that might help us solve what we are getting.
What is the weight of everyone's shipment? Mine is 3.2 lbs.
What are expecting in your shipment? Early bird EVO with Bent neck HT without a case.

Last edited:
fluffhead,

weedemon

enthusiast
3.3 it says here. expecting a bent neck tube and evo I also bought a case. I bet it's the case that's coming later ;) plz... :p

weedemon,
Reactions: fluffhead

gigaurora

i think 3.5 people posted before is straight neck over bent since it has more glass

gigaurora,
According to IGG's website, I was one of the first 15 trade-in contributors but no email from VXH yet. I don't mind waiting though, my OG ticker is still goin strong and has been since July 2012. Hopefully you Cloud-less folks get yours before me, I feel for y'all.

arf777

No longer dogless
Early birder here. Still no tracking info yet. I was a trade in originally that upgraded to the early bird. I'm probably towards the end of the list for early birds.
I'm another one of these- went from trade-in to Early Bird.
Seems like the Early Birds that have gotten emails got bent-kneck. I asked for the version with ice pinches. Anyone who is getting one of those gotten an email yet?

Got my email!!! And i'm a trade in. Any ideas on when they are going to contact us to send in our broken units?

VapeNStone,
Reactions: t-dub

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
Two questions that might help us solve what we are getting.
What is the weight of everyone's shipment? Mine is 3.2 lbs.
What are expecting in your shipment? Early bird EVO with Bent neck HT without a case.
2.1 lbs. here. I ordered the EVO and the Pelican case. I'm thinking it's the EVO without the case. Looks like the cases are coming later, but it would of been cool if they shipped the EVO inside the case (would of saved them a little on shipping charges as well).

Budzman,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
If I read my email concerning the Pelican style case that I opted to buy, it infers that you are buying the case to ship your EVO to you "in it". Therefore I must conclude that the shipments contain the cases and EVO's... Trade in here that got my email this morning! Opening my case will be like Samuel Jackson's case in Pulp Fiction... A bright gold light is going to shine upon me!

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Mine will prob be here tom 1hr 22 mins from from shipping just left philly. An I got fed ex home delivery says Saturday standard. So ill be waiting at the window til 3pm. But I got ps4 to tide me over muauauaahahahah

Looks like you'll be first in this group to get yours.

Can you tell us what your shipping weight is, what contribution level, and what you are expecting?

And, hopefully, you'll tell us just exactly what it is when you get it!

Sinclue,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Oh yeah, FedEx allows you to reroute shipments so don't worry about address issues!

So, having received my tracking info last night, I've been trying to get my FedEx shipment directed in the right direction. I'm currently working away from home, and don't get back to my home location very often; I won't be there for another couple of weeks now, and my EVO is headed there in the next several days.

When I go to the FedEx tracking site and click the "Customize Delivery" button, I am given this:

HOApjzr.png

Which clearly shows the option to "Deliver to Another Address" is greyed out. Also, even if it weren't greyed out, it shows that it is an option that costs extra. I wasn't really expecting this :\ It's not a huge deal, except noone will be at the location the EVO is being shipped to, and it's going to end up getting "Return To Sender"'d.

How do I go about fixing this?

I emailed VXL support about this a week or two ago, as I knew I would be back and forth between locations...they said that they would send out tracking info before it shipped (which they did) and that I could change the address via the tracking link as necessary.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated, weather tips from users who have dealt with FedEx before, or from VXL.

I would have just sent this as a support ticket message, but I figure I could be missing something, and would throw the situation out to others for a better chance at a quick resolution...before the EVO makes it to the wrong place :lol:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Go read the IGG terms again. You contributed to a campaign, and you are waiting on your perk delivery. You probably might want to avoid future crowd-funding projects if this is how you are going to approach it.

No one in the campaign "bought" anything because there was nothing to buy but ideas and promises.
-----------------------------
$500 level here. American as this guy!
ysIKH.gif

No email.
There are so many points of view that is really hard to agree or disagree with everyone.
IMO, I just wanted to say this...
As StoneMonkey55 said at the beggining of the campaign something like this... : "if we don't go IGG we will need to get married to the devil..." Kind of like that...
So IMO Vapexhale needs to be really grateful that they have such a group of supporters. Without us they wouldn't own their company, because, lets be real, whose going to risk $150 grand to help a 420 start up company, and not ask to be 50% or more owner of the company shares or something like that. Risking to lose all their efforts, for example, for a Volcano or a more established e-cig or vaporizer company, or tobacco company, or some soulless group that sees the green rush fever before and after legalization is already happening.
So, yes, IMO vapexhale needs to protect their customers more than ever now.
I got my email yesterday. I'm an early bird and the package is 3.2lbs??
At this moment I'm just happy that I didn't bought just "ideas or promises" for $500.
BTW, quite expensive if they were just "ideas and promises"

Total pieces 1
spacer.gif

Service FedEx Home Delivery
spacer.gif

Weight 3.4 lbs Package
spacer.gif

Last edited:

Hexi

So, yes, IMO vapexhale needs to protect their customers more than ever now.
I quite expensive if they were just "ideas and promises"

I think everyone is pretty much in agreement on this, including VXL. The disagreements are mostly over the understanding of the complexities of a crowd funded campaign, then pre-orders, then previous owners of no longer produced product # etc....

Crowd-funding is 100% funding of ideas and promises. No one is buying anything, it's not a purchase. That's the point people seem to miss with this model. It's 100% "funding" and a promise of a perk. Too many people approached IGG as if it were pre-ordering an XBONE off Amazon.com.

It's a risk. There is a real possibility for any crowd-funded campaign that after funding is secured, they fail to deliver the promised project result or perks. The money is spent, the game is over, the net result is zero. That is the risk built into the model. The contributors hold all the $$ risk. The balance to that risk is the promised perk reward.

There is an understanding, an actual consent to the concept that everything could fail.

Top Bottom