steiner666

Serial vapist
Sold my pax and just ordered one. Hoping I don't regret this move but from what ive read it doesn't look like I will. Will only know for sure when I use it myself. Thanks

I dont think you'll regret it! I used my old roommates pax a few times and it was OK, but I liked using my solo much better than it at the time, and I like using my Air even more than my solo.

Uzer

So I just got my Nitecore D2 charger and was skimming through the manual and noticed this part:

"Note: The D2 is not recommended for use with over-discharged (zero volt) UNPROTECTED Li-ion batteries. Li-ion batteries without a protection circuit can potentially cause a fire or explosion"

Just wondering if this is an issue with using it to charge Air batteries? Pretty sure I saw other Air owners say they use these chargers, so I'm guessing there haven't been any explosions yet? I put the pair of LGDBHE21865 batteries I just got in the mail on it, and they seem to be charging fine at the moment...

Unless you plan on over-discharging your batteries (which you can't do with the Air) you'll be fine. I read this as saying don't put over-discharged unprotected cells in the charger not just any unprotected cell.

Last edited:

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
@steiner666
Unless you plan on over-discharging your batteries (which you can't do with the Air) you'll be fine. I read this as saying is saying don't put over-discharged unprotected cells in the charger not just any unprotected cell.
The second part made me think no unprotected batteries. I never use the d2 but I've never had a problem with an i2. Shouldn't have a problem though.

Uzer

@steiner666

The second part made me think no unprotected batteries. I never use the d2 but I've never had a problem with an i2. Shouldn't have a problem though.

Well it says not to use over-discharged cells. The next sentence warns that unprotected cells can potentially cause an explosion or fire (which is true), but it doesn't say not to use them.

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
Well it says not to use over-discharged cells. The next sentence warns that unprotected cells can potentially cause an explosion or fire (which is true), but it doesn't say not to use them.
DON'T use od unprotected and unprotected can cause problems. That how I took it. It could go either way. I tried to sac this but it wouldn't let me. I don't really want to waste forum space.
Edit: OD certainly a problem. Any UP potential problem

Last edited:
Iv been the owner of the AA for a few months? now..time has really flown by since I got it. I did not buy it at retail price and the seller said it was covered by manufacture warrenty only, which in effect makes it a disposable vape for me. If it had arrived DOA i wouldve went through the warrenty but being a previous owner of a Solo i had no fears of ordering to save a few bucks. When this vape gives out i will do things the right way and order from an authorized seller.
I had bought a Solo a few years ago and it was the most reliable vape that iv ever owned, i ended up giving it away as a gift to a friend that really enjoyed it. It was beat to shit lol but still held a charge, went through hell really ..almost unbelivable that it still worked.
My Air worked out of the box, and has been used everday since.. all day on the weekends. It has survived several falls and only once has it malfunctioned, which really scared me but a reset fixed that(thanks fc, i was ready to throw it away lol) and it has been working flawlessly ever since.

Iv spent alot of money on vapes over the past few years and i dont regret it(thanks to this site). And i found myself back to the Arizer brand.. The Arizer air is money well spent..

CloudScion

So here it is, my promised review:)
Sorry for the delay friends, i have to wait for my phone to come back from the repair store (i would take a few pics:) ).

So, after a few weeks of use, i´am so amazingly impressed!!1

Compare to a wispr2, it is a hugh improvement.
The taste is also even more than better than the wispr2, almost perfectly when you take slow hits first and wait a bit before you soak again (to have a bubbler and adapter is also a great plus, i think the adapter stem for the bubbler had slightly better airflow, but the standart stems are also very good and have a plus in the stealth factor).

5TpyjNV.jpg

BrQk52u.jpg

A good friend came by and ask me:"Is this healthier than normal smoking?".
He didn´t know that iam buying a vaporizer and in this moment i didn´t even know, if he knows what it is, but iam lucky that he has thought it is a normal e - cig.
I must laugh a bit and after that i have explained him a vaporizer:)!

Of course there was a learning curve for me too, but that´s because i have even more options compared to the wispr and not only 1 plastic/alu stem and you can set the temp on the air and so on.

cAx4bU1.jpg

The airflow is also a bit different, on the wispr it is a "bit" easier to soak but that's worth mentioning, both are almost the same (+air tastes much better of course and you can longer vape your bud, its much more effective with the air!!).

Now my Wispr 2 are broken:( and luckily i have found this forum with all these great open minded peoples that helped me for my decision to get the lovely air. Dont get me wrong, i do not blame iolite for that (its the company behind the wispr2), i have had the wispr2 for around 2 years now and it was heavily used, so it get his job well done, but i think the air is much more future-proof and absolutly worth the money. These two vaporizers also have different mechanics and the air is of course newer.
The longer I used the wispr2, the more difficult it was to clean up and it robs a lot of flavor compared to the air (even after a month of use)!

I absolutely love the silicone caps for prepack (picture above), but i preffer to only pack one stem and the air in the pocket that came with the shipment, because its a little bit too tight when you pack two stems plus the vape with the silicone caps.

2q1Kb3V.jpg

I use one mesh to protect the chamber, its important that you use a "little" mesh that fits in the stem (when you want to use a mesh) and be carefull with the stems when you put it in the chamber, i must emphasize it again: Its always a good tip to heat up the air before you put the stem in, in the first few times.
(In the picture, i fill it with lemongrass.)

En8fYKK.jpg

On the cleaning side, there´s nothing much to do when you use a mesh. The only thing i do sometimes, is to clean the chamber with a Q-tip and a very little of Iso-alcohol, i do so with the stems after i cooked my residue out (glass looks as they are new after cleaning, thats also a nice plus)!
(In the picture i add some little extra AVB.)

SRJDDCN.jpg

9NUUSlL.jpg

Last to say:
My dreams come true if arizer just add that extra lightsaber button in the future!:rockon:
Just because i feel like iam Annakin Skywalker when i hold this little bastard in my hand! (yep, to much medicated for now:D).

Did i say its worth the money? Best investment for years!

Happy vaping my friends, and always thanks for your support!

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Aye Whatsup guys, I've had an Air now for a few months (I mostly use my E-Nano though, :love:). I've been a huge fan of it but am looking to improve my Air. More specifically...The stems. I'm up to date on the information regarding the majority of stems, but I need some help with specifics.

Regarding my current setup:
1. I LOVE the all glass straight stem with the domed screen lightly-mediumly packed down. Makes for awesome clouds, great taste, and good consistency in browning, without using tons of herb
2. Everytime I've used the flat screens, I couldn't get my bud to brown evenly, and I don't enjoy stirring as it re-separates your bud, increasing the chances of it falling into the heater. (and so I stick to domed screens)...and uses much more herb
3. The ever-loved by some, and hated by others, acrylic stem with the black tip, is seen as something very negative to me. The mouthpiece gets pretty damn hot (I'm aware the constant drag is what makes it hot, but that's my preferred technique [will practice sipping soon]).

I am looking to replace the acrylic stem with something better than the glass one I already enjoy (Would use my glass stem + whatever is recommended, and put the acrylic in storage).
Pretty sure the only form of "advancement" when it comes to stems, other than "customization/uniqueness", would be PVHES. (other stems would just be appearance based or length, correct?)...I'm looking to increase airflow and POSSIBLY reduce bowlsize, if it turns out to be more economical or better performing than a regular sized bowl WITH a domed screen.

The one with 30% reduced bowlsize (I believe it's the shorty) is of interest to me because it could potentially replace the domed screen with a flat screen, but still have the even burning/no top charring that I'm looking for.

I'm confused on the difference in performance of the Vortex vs other stems of PVHES and just seems like something where experience is required to filter through them. Does anyone have any suggestions based off my preferences?
Here's a simply short preference list:
1. Mouthpiece doesn't get nearly as hot as acrylic mouthpiece
2. Airflow is increased
3. Still maintains stealth factor (No bent stems, need it to look like E-Cig :cool:)
4. Bowlsize potentially reduced (if not reduced, I would just substitute a domed screen)

Thank you in advance for your help!
Vortex stems are thicker, the glass around the bowl end of the stem and in general. I think it's also a little bit smaller of a load size, and it uses a single hole in the "hourglass" shape which I'm pretty sure changes the way you draw on it. Somebody that owns one will have to speak up about it. It's also longer than regular stems so the vapor gets to cool down a little bit more. It sounds like the shorty stem will be a good fit for you. Personally I'm fine using a flat dome screen on a regular straight stem, most of my use is ~50% of the total stem so it's fine, and when I want to get a full stem I can just flip the bottom screen over and it returns to full capacity. Can't really do that with the shorty stems... I've also not had problems getting my desired extraction using flat screens, even when I use all of the stem capacity. It just takes a little bit longer which I speed up by using a water tool and higher temp levels.

Airflow again I'm not sure about with the Vortex. The high efficiency stems improve on the stock airflow a good amount. The draw is easier but the vapor is diluted a bit because the airflow being increased is due to cold air coming into the heater area, but not going through the actual heater itself. It's "cold" air for our purposes. It doesn't drastically affect the performance IMO, most people don't mind having to take maybe two extra hits to have more airflow. Another option you could explore is the turbo stems, which are stems that have a rim around the end of the load for a screen instead of the four holes in the glass thing. Basically open bores where the airflow reduction is based on how fine your screen is and how much you pack the material. Personally these kinds of stems are my favorite. Airflow is as wide as it can get though so you have to adjust your draw more, at low temps you can overwhelm the heater with strong draws, so you need to be more consistent throughout the draws. I feel that the restriction on stock stems is a good indicator of when you're pulling too hard which doesn't really exist with turbo stems. So perhaps your dream stem might be a turbo shorty, or maybe not... If you have a bunch of stems and don't mind doing some work on one, you could use a diamond drill bit on a dremel and make a turbo stem yourself. Don't forget to fire-polish at the end and make sure to thoroughly wash the stem afterwards. And definitely don't skip on proper breathing mask filters and doing it in a well-ventilated area. You are grinding glass after all :science:

On the topic of hot stems, something I use for my Solo stems occasionally is one of those disposable ecig silicone tips.

http://www.migcigs.com/e-cig-silicone-disposable-tips-p/soft-tip1.htm

For some reason I can't seem to find any packs of 5 like I used to be able to... and if you look on ebay they only sell lots of 1000+ so that's no help to us. If you have a local electronic cigarette shop and ask politely, they'll probably give you a couple for free. Slip it on over the stems all the way down and you're good. You might want to cut the end off as it is a smaller hole that restricts the airflow, but it won't heat up like glass or acrylic. You could even cut the "skirt" part off of one and use it as a heat shield on the bottom of stems ;)

CloudScion

I also like the standart stem with the plastic top, but each to his own:).
I agree, it can be hot when you soak much longer, i rotate it a bit sometimes to get bit better airflow also.

Edit: @CarolKing i think i will buy a longer stem in the future for testing, i vape on green and like it much:).

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I use the Vortex stem with my Solo. It cools the vapor with the vortex pocket and the extra inch of length. So you can use higher temps. It also has the slits along the sides for added airflow.I bump my temp up to 5 instead of temp 4 with my Solo. There is no draw restriction with this stem. I don't have a Vortex GonG. I do have a couple of GonGs that I bought through Planetvape to use with my bubblers while using my Solo or AA.

CalyxSmokr

i want to order but this stem talk is overwhelming. What do I need to get started with concentrates and flowers used sometimes through a 14 mm female glass bubbler?
Wood stem? Something else?
I need domed screens for sure with concentrates? I have thousands of rolling papers and I heard that would work for wax but now it seems there is more than one screen in the process. Do I need something other than the standard bowl?
Just want to make sure I have everything to get started.

OF

Just wondering if this is an issue with using it to charge Air batteries? Pretty sure I saw other Air owners say they use these chargers, so I'm guessing there haven't been any explosions yet?

Not to my knowledge, you can be the first.

DON'T use od unprotected and unprotected can cause problems. That how I took it.

Edit: OD certainly a problem. Any UP potential problem

Let's see, the charger maker says 'don't do it, it' might be a serious problem'. The vape maker says 'don't do it, it might be a serious problem.....and it voids the warranty'. Gee, what to do?

Factory batteries are at most a few dollars more than 'better' ones. Charging in the unit is known safe and what the directions say. Peace of mind that way. I don't know about you but I don't need anything more to worry/stress over. Following directions helps me there.

Your call, but I'll keep charging factory batteries in the approved way.

OF

CarolKing

I didn't want to take a chance on bogus batteries. I did buy the Nitecore battery charger because there have been several FC members that have had good results. I waited to get one until I had the green light from others here on the thread. I haven't had any problems with the Nitecore Charger that I have.

CalyxSmokr

Your stem that has the plastic tip that comes with your AA will fit a 14mm bubbler.
but will I want something else after I try it? Just wonder if I need something else in my cart from PIU.
And do I need the screens or will rolling papers or cotton suffice?

CalyxSmokr,

Bluelexy

I have searched and couldn't find what i was looking for. Do I need to get a smell proof case for this? I had to get a ryot case for the pax cause after you used it. It would smell a lot. Thanks

OF

I have searched and couldn't find what i was looking for. Do I need to get a smell proof case for this? I had to get a ryot case for the pax cause after you used it. It would smell a lot. Thanks

Way too subjective for a reliable answer IMO. Even 'does XXX vape smell worse than YYY' in most cases?

A big advantage is the smell is almost exclusively confined to the stems, cap both ends of them (or put them in a vial) and you've pretty much covered it. The dogs, parents, roommates out and looking for yours might still find the vape of course. Or your shirt. "Enough" is something each guy has to deal with.
WgOYSb5.jpg

OF

CarolKing

It's always good to have extra stems just in case they break, screens are good to have. Did you want a car charger? PIU sells the 14mm GonG for the AA. A couple of extra batteries.

Keep your stems clean for your unit to smell less.

Uzer

Has anyone bought one of those VapeCases? How is the quality? I don't love that they plaster the name VapeCase on the side of it, doesn't exactly help with stealthiness. I can't help but think it's just a relabeled cheap "pelican-type" knockoff that can be bought somewhere for $8 but I can't seem to find where.

OF

I don't love that they plaster the name VapeCase on the side of it, doesn't exactly help with stealthiness.

How about a worn sticker to cover that part up? Maybe with "Ajax HIV Test Specimens". With 'do not delay' under that? Then a simple paper seal with a hand written number should keep them out.

Maybe even spill just a tiny bit of ketchup on near the latch like it might be leaking out to speed you through the TSA inspection.......

OF

Top Bottom